How PRIVATE is the Private Messaging system here on BigCloset?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Pretty private but it isn't encrypted and as Admin of the system, I can look at any message from either end. That is, I can look at all sent messages from any account and at all received messages any account. I can even look at most messages that have been deleted from both ends. This is actually similar to how all Private Messaging, and for that matter eMail, works. I don't look unless there is a damn good reason to do so such as an apparent flaw in the system or an allegation of abuse.

Just keep it in mind, that Private means "direct from sender to recipient and concealed from almost everyone in most cases."

Hugs,
Erin

If it helps

As a sysadmin myself, I can attest to what Erin is saying.

Also, I, and I'm certain Erin, have a lot better things to do with my time than try to go through people's mail without a bloody good reason. Just _one_ customer of mine gets tens of thousands of emails every month. PM's on other boards - same thing.

I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Slushpile

Editors complain about having to read through the 'slushpile' -- the moniker they have given to the pile of manuscripts sent in by hopeful prospective writers. How much worse would it be to have to dig through gigabytes of personal email? If you want high quality reading material, go to livejournal. LOL Or maybe usenet.

OH NO!

Does this mean the evil plot I have been cultivating with other writers to take over the TG world has been compromised?

Nancy Cole

Nancy_Cole__Red_Background_.png

~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Nope

From what I've been told, whoever got to learn the details of it actually approved and was supporting from the sidelines.

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Evil plots

persephone's picture

Who said it was evil? I thought that requiring a rewrite of DSM IV to insist on at least 100 Kudos from BCTS was an excellent idea!

Although I did suggest that Hosni Mubarak shouldn't be our first choice for spokesman. Silvio Berlusconi is far more entertaining.

:)

Persephone

Persephone

Non sum qualis eram