Very Pleased

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

MOTW__003.jpg

I have to say that I'm very pleased with the reception that my story has gotten in the short time it has been posted. And for that matter the first chapter of it as well. I never expected to have as many hits and comments as I just saw.
This makes me want to post the next chapters before they are really done being edited and revised. I will have to speed the process up some, I know that I have many more scenes to put up, I just want to go somewhat slowly so that I edit them correctly and maintain the flavor of the story.

There are some who will not like where the story goes, but that is what writing is about, I think. There will always be those people who think that it should have gone here or somewhere else and will never be happy with what I have written.
But Oh well that's the way it goes.
I just had to write this up and say thanks for allowing me to post this ~ the first of many, I hope.

Danielle_O

Welcome aboard!

(Sorry, couldn't resist the nautical reference)

Whatever you do, don't rush your chapters. You may be eager to get them 'into the wild', but many stories here update weekly, monthly or even less often.

As for where the story's going, given the circumstances on board the ship, not to mention its name, it's likely Charlie will be subjected to inappropriate physical contact with the crew, although that may lessen / cease by the time of the 'good luck charm' log entry. Although uncomfortable for many here, we do accept that abuse can happen in stories, much as it can happen in real life. Nevertheless, we'll probably still continue reading - although we generally do prefer a positive outcome for the protagonist (overcoming adversity etc.).

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Thanks for the nautical

Thanks for the nautical reference, I did chuckle at it.

I have to agree with not rushing chapters, that would be a big mistake on my part, I do want to have them flow and make sense. As well as being as grammatically correct as I can make them. While still maintaining a certain flavor and plot line of course.

Your point is well taken on my end, concerning the Protagonist and overcoming adversity. I believe that I have taken the story in that direction, some may disagree but that then is their perogitive.

I was just very pleased to see that my story was received so well, so far.
The next chapter which gets alittle more explicit will be the telling factor(but only a little, no sex, but Allyson does explore her developing body).
I really hope that I don't alienate some readers with that.

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

taking your time

indeed, take your time, hon. there is no rush. (of course, I am one to talk. Looking back at my old stories make me realize how much a difference an editor and a slower pace might have made....)

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png