Appearing logged in twice?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I just happened to notice that I appear in the online user list twice... is this because I'm singed in on my desktop as well as my laptop? I would think that it would just say I was signed in, as opposed to having me listed twice...

Kayla

Signed in Twice

erin's picture

Happens a lot. Apparently, the system handed you a second cookie or opened a second session for you. There are various reasons this can happen, including you being away from the keyboard for a time, the settings you have on your browser, your ISP changing your routing, etc. It's harmless.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I figured it was something

I figured it was something like that. It just struck me as odd when I saw my name there twice...

Kayla

Then too...

Puddintane's picture

If you're signed in twice, either on two machines or two windows in different browsers, you need to have two sessions, so your computer and the Internet can figure out how to route the little data packets back and forth. Usually, you can tell because you've logged in twice.

Because I do a lot of "housekeeping," I often have two windows open, and often see myself listed twice in the "Online users" column. So far, I've managed to resist sending myself a PM. I already know what I'd say anyway.

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

Hmmmm

I've managed to resist sending myself a PM. I already know what I'd say anyway.

I tell people at work that talking to myself is the only I can gaurantee having an intelligent conversation! Maybe you're so antisocial you don't even want to talk to yourself? :D

Hugs
Carla Ann

If you start answering your

If you start answering your self, we're gonna have to call the men in the white coats...

Kayla

Answering isn't a problem.

Answering isn't a problem.

It's when you're arguing with yourself, and LOSING, that's a problem.

I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

I'm usually signed in on

I'm usually signed in on both my Mac Mini (which has to stay home because she's the server for the house...) and my MacBook and I bounce back and forth between the two depending on what I'm doing... I may have been active on both of them within enough time to cause my self to show up twice. We have one of me running around, we don't really need two of me... (Although the thought to send my self a PM has never crossed my mind...)

Kayla