Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

The title sums it up pretty well.

"Late 20s MtF who can't afford to transition
seeking wealthy man willing to pay my way
in exchange for becoming their ideal trophy
wife. Contract/prenup to be discussed."

Something like that. I could never write something like that, but the idea itself seemed plausible enough (in a totally messed up "why would somebody do that" kind of way) that I wanted to see if someone else thought they could pull it off.

Melanie E.

Sounds like something I

Could write . But it will possibly go towards the sweet and sentimental stuff ( a cute guy trying to save her from pervs even though he needs to work over time to get the money) then the "sugar daddy" one.

I'd prefer it that way myself :P

The rest of the initial idea had been that she would find someone who was interested in the idea -- a man in his early fifties pining the loss of his wife, and more interested in having a non-sexual companion for social gatherings. While they would ostensibly be "together," it would be for companionship, not romance, and the guy would be rich enough the cost of having even such an odd "kept woman" wouldn't even be a drop in the hat. His son, on the other hand, is far more interested in her, and the only person aware that their relationship is nothing more than the two of them in a mutually equitable agreement.

I figured that would be way more than anyone would want, though, so I just posted the Craigslist part of the idea :P

Melanie E.

Life Imitating Fiction or Don't Get Any Ideas....

Beverly Colleen's picture

Interesting that you should have this idea because it is not quite a parallel to my married life. My husband and I met when I was in my late 20s and I was several years into transition but still prior to surgery and wasn't close due to financial options but not looking for anyone to pay for it for me. In fact I was close to swearing of men altogether after quite a few relationship disasters.

I had run into my future husband due to my servers job at an italian bistro and he had taken a fancy to me but I was standoffish due to his age but one of my bosses pointed out he had a bit of money with the car he liked to drive, which was a 69 corvette cherry red stingray. Anywho after a bit of miscommunication where I thought I had maybe missed a golden chance we started dating and I made sure almost from the start he knew what he was getting into with me. Yes I found I did fall in love with him and it wasn't for the money for the surgery. I made sure of that on my part. That wasn't the reason I wanted to marry him.

Love is a funny thing ya know, no matter what they right about in fiction. Yes my husband has a couple of decades on me and sometimes it is hard to deal with. However I have dated several men and none have come close to giving me what my husband has so there you go. Is he perfect? No. If you are looking for perfection then you will be lonely for a long, long, long, time.

My surgery is a faded memory now. My husband and I have been together going on 11 years now. We have our ups and downs and we have both changed and we have watched the passing of his parents while I have been there for him and we have taken on the burden of mine, who haven't aged as gracefully as he, while he is looking toward his own retirement soon. I am plagued with my own personal demons that he has tried to understand in his own way. My journey didn't end on the operating table. It had just begun. I'm probably one of the lucky ones even thought some days it doesn't feel like it. I am just glad that I have my husband and his daughter who is only a couple years younger than I who is like a best friend to me.

I could go on but then you might start thinking I was actually just writing a bunch of fiction instead of telling you just a small glimpse that is my real life.

Beverly Colleen

Yes! This is a REAL picture of me. Accept no imitations.

Beverly's Balcony

I am a leaf on the wind, but someone turned the fan off.

So why am I thinking of "I Was a Male War Bride" ?

But then it is a classic screwball comed ... screwball???

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Now that THAT is out of my system, you have a cute premise here.

I swear some vaguely similar stories have been posted before at FM or Story Site, IE older man missing his wife pays or manipulates the TG or TG inclined younger man into becoming a full female. In at least one case she is made to look like the late or missing wife. Some are loving, happy ending tales, some are not. At least one involved a son turned by high tech -- nanos, DNA, transplants or such --into a complete fertile woman and then the bride/wife of the powerful CEO who caught the boy's mom stealing from him, IE punish her by seeing her son as her tormentors lover. It's also been done with the Medallion of Zulo or other magics, usually involuntarily.

Your idea is considerably different in that SHE is the instigator and huge offers of money or coercion are not involved. Purely ae business deal, though you hint of it turning to love.

Pity you have so many other projects in the pipeline or on the back burner.

Um, speaking of ... How's Echo's coming -- snicker --
John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa