Story Idea for Anyone That Wants It - Phases

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I couldn't decide whether to post this under the Writing Forum or Writer's Challenge, since technically this isn't a writing challenge, but a story idea.

Something I said in a blog awhile ago has really stuck with me. I commented about how my feelings tend to travel in cycles, where there are times I feel just ridiculously over-feminine, and then there are times when it's the farthest thing from my mind.

In writing Becoming Robin I've come a step closer to coming to grips with what's causing that because it forced me to take a long, hard look at my life and ask a lot of "What If's", but that's neither here nor there.

The POINT of this is, that comment has stuck with me as a story idea for awhile now, but I just haven't been able to do anything with it. So! I'm throwing this out there for anyone who might have better luck.

The basic idea is, quite literally, cyclical Phases of Femininity, be it a physical, emotional, or psychological change. Magic or Sci-Fi, or even real world.

I don't even ask for credit here. It's such a vague concept that I know for a fact has been done before (Dr. Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde as well as a story I read ages ago called Feminine Fugue - not sure if the author ever finished that), but it's something my Muse won't stop pestering me about, despite having no idea what, if anything, I can do with it :-P

So, just throwing that out there.

Cheers,
~Zoe

Zoe_anime_CAC.png

New Werewoman Handbook

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Werewomaniac’s New Werewoman Handbook storyverse is cyclical, based on the phases of the moon. It begins with a (sadly incomplete) draft of a handbook/“user’s guide,” which turns out to be a humorous send-up based on the werewolf mythos, and continues to a serious-minded (plenty of drama and intrigue) fiction series of the same title. I thought it was all well-written and used ideas not usually found in TG fiction, but it spoiled the cyclical femininity idea for me, in the sense that I don’t think I could produce anything half that good.