I am suffering a problem with auto page refreshing on this site.

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

It keeps trying to refresh when i fully load a file, It started doing this when i uploaded internet explorer 8.

Sometimes it happens to me as well

According to my understanding, there's a reloading autofunction in Exploder 8. And if the page encounters a problem it refreshes. You are simply stuck in the loop, whereas I after a couple tries get a 'browser contacting error' page and can try again.

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Best fix: Use Firefox, Safari, or Chrome

erin's picture

I can't test things with IE8, since I don't have a machine that runs it right now. (My laptop is down.) Sorry.

Firefox, Safari and Chrome are better on many fronts, they are a bit better at protecting you from bad spyware (Firefox is particularly good at that with some of the plugins), they are faster (Safari and Chrome run rings around IE and FF) and they are much less quirky (Firefox again is less quirky than the others).

And using a non MS browser sends a message to MS: Fix your browser or get out of the business of making browsers.

Microsoft's problems are mostly of their own making and the industry is getting tired of trying to dance to the spasmodic tune of MS marketing. (It's not the programmers, they are frequently overruled on what is and is not a good idea.)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

>> industry is getting tired

Puddintane's picture

Indeed. I never test HTML against Microsoft's browser, and all my sites suggest not using it if users run into problems.

Cheers,

Puddin'

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

Found the problem.

had to turn automatic recovery of webpages in the browser settings in internet options off. no more hassle now.