How to use the Author Menu - Multiple Authors

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

For most input types, choosing an author for the piece is done on a scrolling menu. It's very easy to pick an author, just select the menu, type a few letters of the author's name and it will jump to the alphabetic neighborhood of the author where one can scroll up or down until the proper author is highlighted. Clicking off the menu then will leave that author as the selected one.

When selecting multiple authors, this same method works fine for the first author but for each subsequent author, one has to hold down the multiple select key, (CMD on a Mac, CNTRL on PCs) and scroll until one finds the next author. A mouse click or space bar tap with the multiple select key held down will add that author to the piece.

For the WYSIWYG input type, a field of author select buttons is provided instead of a scrolling list. Just click on whichever and how many author select buttons required for however many authors there are. WYSIWYG works just like the FICTION input type except that if you have requested the WYSIWYG editor be turned on for you, you will have access also to that editor instead of the mini-editor.

Please make comments on this item if you need clarifications or if you want to rewrite my instructions above for clarity.

Hugs,
Erin

Authors Name

Hi Erin

Phew. The other day was the first time for a while that I'd posted and was rather surprised to find it had moved to check boxes - it took me ages to find myself. I think the listbox is a much better interface and personally are glad to see its return

Karen

Pleasant compromise

Thanks for the change, Erin. If you want you can go kick my forum thread out of the FAQ section since it's no longer germane.