Why is this Forum not used more ?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Just wondering why we don't use this forum more. I see more recent messages still being posted on Crystal' Story site even though there are no new stories.
This site is great about updating stories ----BIG THANKS TO THOSE WHO DO THE WORK---and it would seem that since many of us are here more frequently to enjoy the reads, we would begin to use this forum as our default place to discuss things related to TG fiction. Just a passing curiosity .

I've never even looked at ...

the forums here (or on Crystal's - unless I'm pointed there). Only so much time in a day, and I figure comments on stories are worth more. Might discussion of issues be useful, somewhere.

My past experience is that I can easily get "sucked" into forums, and let them consume a LOT of time... Time, today, that I'd rather spend writing or with my family.

Annette

Blogs vs Forums

erin's picture

People at BC tend to use the Blogs more than the forums. The cybeerboard layout at Crystal's probably has something to do with that.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Blogs, Forum Topics and Links all...

erin's picture

...under the new posts header on the main page. Mostly, the forum topics are used to post FAQs and Writer's Challenges. Links are WAY under-used and I would like to see them used more.

Hugs,
Erin

Say What?

There's a forum here?

Nancy Cole

~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Forum????? I guess because I SEE blogs on the homepage

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hi Dru and All,

My guess is that we can see blog items on the homepage but would need to go blindly to the forumspage to see what is going on there. Let's face it most, if not all of us, are visual creatures, we salivate at the sight of a light far sooner than the sound of a bell.

That is my take on it anyway.

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

As several others have said,

The BCTS home page and its items are more than sufficient.

The forum here? I don't see a need for it, for the above reason.

As Nancy Cole said, "There's a forum here?" I admit, I remember begin told there was one here, but my question is, 'Why is there a forum here?'

Yes, I am registered by my other name on Crystal's site, but only to be able to post signed messages I have been asked to pass on by someone who does not have Internet access temporarily, and maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 2 years someone has asked me to go there to look at a post.
The cyberboard is way clumsy to access for me. A blog here and its comments are all visible in one page load.
The content posted there in the past 2 years just has not interested me very much. The good stuff that is posted there is posted here, too.

It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,
David Weber – In Fury Born

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Forums

A forum like the one at The Crystal Hall or The Gabyzone would be nice, but only if people used it. It would be possible to divert the extra dialogue and banter from the story comments that way. The Cyberboard at StorySite and the Hyperboard at FM are a total pain to use.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Forum software

erin's picture

Crystal Hall is a FUDforum like Tuckerspawn. The forums here are a reasonable emulation of that, one page for a list of forums, open each forum for a list of topics and open a topic for a list of posts. Differences are mostly cosmetic with a few operational ones.

Hugs,
Erin

actually............

Well; I usually go over to the Crystal Hall, Stardust, than as a last resort Yahoo's tg fiction group. Only if Topshelf is down to see what is happening or why. Never really understanding why personal comments always seem to be an attack. scthea