William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapters 30-31-32-33.

Printer-friendly version

William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
By Sharp

Chapter 30. Lily The Leper.

As Lucy got near the girl said, "No no closer I am unclean. Do not come closer or you may become unclean like me."

The Mother superior, "Lucy She has bad Leprosy and is waiting to die. Her family is already dead. There is nothing we can do for her, as the drugs we have do not help her. So all we can do is to make her comfortable until she leaves us.”

Lucy looked at her. "In that case I better clean her as I can do that and then you can play with us."

The girl knelt down as if to say a prayer. "Gynae earth mother protect my new friends from me they do not understand the terrible illness I have contracted."

Lucy "To late I am already cleaning you.”

The girl looked at her withered arms. "The flesh is growing back. I was supposed to eventually be priestess to the earth mother. I was rejected by the priests because of my illness."

Alexis. "Lily Gynae the earth mother has already claimed you as one of hers. You sought to protect the others but there was no need. Had she not intervened I certainly would have. As it was you sought protection for the one who cured you. Gynae is known by many names in many lands as I am and Lucy is one of those names. Lucy, Astrid, Cleo, River and any I have forgotten would you like to take Flora for an astral dance.”

Adrienne grabbed hold of one of Floras hands and Lucy the other. "That was a royal command from the Queen of the Heavens so you are obliged to dance with us."

As the girls danced Flora realised she was no longer wearing the rags she had on. She looked at her skin and it had changed to a pinkie white and she had blond hair like the other girls.

Flora. "There should have been another who was to have been Fauna. I do not know what happened to her though."

Adrienne. "She is very close by and has been dancing with you. Her power is not as strong as Lucy's but it still flowed into you as did that of all the others you danced with. Now you see those two old men you are to go up to them and say you are Flora and you are now united with Gynae and Fauna." Flora did as Adrienne instructed.

Neptune. "Young lady it was quite plain for all to see, all three of you where present along with my daughters in that dance.”

Flora looked at Draco. “Sir I have seen you before when you came to my home & promised my parents I would be Flora although I was called Lily at the time. If I am Flora then I will need somebody to teach me Mr. under the hill. Sorry I do not know your correct name but mum referred to you as the little red Lord from under the hill."

Neptune. "You know full well who I am then?"

"Sir like the villagers I often have seen Princess River and many others swimming in the great river. I learned long ago that it was safe to enter the water if they where close. but I never disturbed their play. The killer fish all vanished if Princess River was close by. Sir I know you as Aqua the Lord of the Waters." With that Lily leapt into Neptune’s arms.

"Astrid is correct you do make a comfy pillow and I will be safe with you. I feel very sleepy will you look after me." With that Lily dropped off to sleep in Neptune’s arms.

Draco. "Well it is time we returned to St. Petersburg with the Empress before somebody notices she is missing.”

The following morning Fiona decides to go and wake Lucy so they can play together. She gets quite a shock when she finds two more girls in the bed with Lucy. "Hi Fiona we are running short on space so these sleepy heads have bunked in with me."

Wilma. "Lucy is ready Fiona & needs somebody to partner her against the boys. I will come for you both when these two sleepyheads are awake but they could sleep for quite a while yet."

Lucy. "Will they also be joining us permanently? Can I tell the remainder of the group we have another two additions to Lucy's group? With that Lucy and Fiona shot off to be joined by Marie.

Marie. "Hi I have some news after you went to bed the adults who changed to be like us all changed back to normal. All except grandpa that is he is still a lady and Nana has grown younger so they both look alike."

Juniper & Jasmine arrived. "We wondered if you still wanted us to play with you now we are back as adults."

Lucy. "You two may have escaped Alexis but you do not escape me easily. Your mother instructed you both to look after Marie and me and stay with us always. Now I was told to always obey my mother. Astrid informs me you both can revert to a child whenever you wish so it is my express wish that you both reverted to that form while in my presence. As for Janetta & Jeanette they have skills that are needed elsewhere so they will be allowed to practise those skills. You two may revert to your adult form when not with me and you will not be required to go to school with us except to take us and collect us and for that you may be our older sisters."

A quick flash and Juniper & Jasmine where sat racing the cars with Lucy and the others. Lucy was determined to win the races and had just won one when River appeared with Adrienne and Flora. "I told your Grandma Wilma I would bring these two to you and then we would all have breakfast together.”

Flora. "I wondered where I was as I was in a strange bed with a girl I did not know. I got out and looked at myself and saw a different me looking back. Your grandma smiled at me and said, "Lily this will be your home for a short while and then you will return with me to my home where you will live and go to school."

"Shortly after the other girl awoke and spoke to your grandmother calling her aunt. River walks into the room about the same time and was asked to take us to Lucy. So here we are. Please tell me did I dream meeting Lord Aqua & the other one."

River answered. "No you did not dream either of them as they are both my grandfathers. In fact they both laughed at your description of them."

"Oh in that case I did not dream the rest either Princess River of the waters. I thought I had a very strange dream. When I awoke I was in a different body and did not look as I once did." As she spoke Draco entered the room.

"Ha Lily we did not finish last nights business. First though come here and sit on my lap. All three girls you see here are very dear to me. Some are my grand children and some not but they all call me grand father as they do with my brother Neptune or Aqua as you called him Lily. I see both River and Lucy have laid claim to you."

Adrienne. "Sir we have decided as I am Adrienne and Fauna then Lily as Flora should be my sister."

Flora. "I still need to visit the temple so the priests know that both Flora and Fauna once again walk the earth."

Lucy, "I think Grandpa Draco already has that underhand. I have noticed most the males who do survive are great at organising. Even my Markus although he is only young spotted a Princess of Hess & corrected the situation. Uncle Nicholas planned my coronation with very little time.
31. Princess Iolanthe of Fischen.

Renate, Glenda & Robyn entered the room with a very scared young girl wearing a tiara. Renate spoke, "Lucy this is Iolanthe. Glenda, Margarita & I are her god mothers she is scared, as she knows nobody here. For a while she pretended she was a boy after her mother died. That has now all changed. As she has been placed under our care by her father. She needs some new friends and we wondered if you would all like to be friends with her.”

Fiona. "Iolanthe looks nearer my sisters in age but she is welcome to play with us if she wishes."

“Father said I have to Obey Princess Margarita of Hess as if it was my own mother instructing me.”

Fiona. "In that case, "You are one of my sisters as that is my mum and I am the youngest. Come you can share my car with me.”

Renate smiled as they sat down together.

"Do you mind if I cuddle your doll?

Lucy. "If you promise to take good care of her I will lend you my Topsy she has gone everywhere with me apart from when I left her once."

Renate, "I will leave you with the girls Iolanthe, and collect your doll for you. Then Lucy can have her Topsy back.”

Renate spoke to Margarita, "They just accepted her as Iolanthe she needs a doll. & additional clothing. Also I have remembered it is her birthday today."

Margarita. "I am very surprised the Finnish Army accepted him considering his size as he is not much larger than any of Lucy's Group."

Lucy and the others noticed Iolanthe was very weepy. They asked what the problem was. "I miss my mum. She would have remembered today & daddy has forgotten again. He will make it up when he remembers but today is my day."

Lucy signalled to Jasmine & Juniper who went and informed Renate. "No wonder she is weepy. It is her birthday and we where not informed until now."

Margarita. "Louie can you take Helga & Helena and go shopping for all these items we will need for Iolanthe?" Jasmine & Janetta can you ensure the girls keep her occupied all day so she does not think to long about today. Nicholas can you take the other helicopter back to Finland, and perhaps take Willie with you & bring the father back with you do not fail."

Nicholas saluted and stood to attention and said, "Yes sir.”

He and Willie then burst out laughing. "Sorry Margarita for a moment you reminded me of my old Captain giving out orders."

Lucy came to see how they where doing and overheard them. "Aunt Margarita is no captain she is the Empresses marshal of Princesses & Princes. That makes her the same rank as you Uncle Nicholas & Uncle Louie, but as you are both Princes it makes her your commanding officer. Now go on your assigned tasks as we keep Iolanthe occupied in Ariel for the rest of the day.”

Before too long Iolanthe had forgotten what day it was as she played with the girls. Fiona's elder sisters where also sent in to ensure good care was taken of Iolanthe. They started to teach Iolanthe dances and pretended to be shocked when she said. "She did not know the steps."

Fiona. "When I thought you was a boy I wanted you like Lucy has Markus but now I have you as a sister and that is better still as we can do things together that we can not with boys. Can you imagine going to a boutique with Markus and trying on dresses while he was there or having him at a sleep over?"

Iolanthe burst into tears again. "Fiona I am a boy I am in the Army of Finland and only came here because I was ordered too by a senior officer."

Adrienne. "Well if you are a boy you are the first I have met that looks as good as me in a dress. I doubt that even a boy in a dress would be as emotional as you are bursting into tears like you do."

Anastasia one of Fiona's elder sisters. "Well Iolanthe I know the truth that you are certainly a girl. I helped mother and Sarah change you when you fell asleep and a confused Markus called for Queen Renate. In your sleep you talked and thought Renate was your mother. Once dressed Kaiser William carried you to the room you awoke in."

"I am a boy and not a girl, Iolanthe was only pretend with mother. I only ever dressed as her when mother was around. Since then I have been a boy and I joined the army. Father instructed me I had to obey Princess Margarita and so if she wants me to pretend I am a girl I will for her."

Lucy. "No you have been trying to be a boy to please your father. He knows full well you are a girl, and he was very surprised you had managed to get yourself enrolled in the army, & did not know how to get you out. My poor Markus got rather a shock when he started to unpack your kit bag after you fell asleep.”

With this news Iolanthe let out another wail. "Now Markus, he will think I am very strange."

Victoria spoke up. "No he will not. There are two others here who tried to pretend they where boys and one of them was me."

Iolanthe started to laugh. "No way you are far too pretty to ever be mistaken as a boy."

Another girl spoke up, "I was the other girl Iolanthe that once thought I was a boy."

"Now I know you are joking as you also are also very pretty. Thank you though for cheering me up. Boy or Girl my task is supposed to be to defend Empress Lucy and as this appears to be my new uniform so I will have to get use to it. I must be a boy though because when I first saw Princess Fiona I thought to myself I could fancy her. She is a princess of Hess and will want nothing to do with me."

With that Fiona threw herself at Iolanthe. "Good because I had the similar thoughts. I even asked if I could keep you and the priest said yes. So Markus ordered you here."

"Fiona I do not understand when I was a soldier I was not so weepy as I am here and when I saw your mother all I want to do is have cuddles off her. I think it must be that she reminds me constantly of Constance my mum & I wonder if she will object if I call her mum. One day she would be my mother in law when we get married."

Fiona gave Iolanthe more cuddles. "Let us ask her now as she is coming to inspect all of us? Mum we have a problem; Iolanthe here is very weepy and need a cuddle off her mum. Can you help?”

Margarita looked at Iolanthe. "Iolanthe come her and I will sort your face out."
As Iolanthe cuddled Margarita a torrent of tears burst out eventually they subsided.

Iolanthe. "Mum I missed you so much now you are back things will be OK again and Iolanthe will be free as she should be."

Fiona. “Iolanthe you have sisters little and tall that love you dearly and will take good care of you. Look around, you are now one of us. No more playing a soldier or pretending to be a boy, our mum will not allow that. Now you are a princess like us.”

Margarita. "Constance would have wanted me and your other god mothers to bring you up as my daughter. So I certainly have no objection in you calling me mum. Now young lady I think it is time we cleaned you up and sorted that tear stained face out. I understand it is your birthday and I bet you thought we had all forgotten. Well a mum never forgets a child’s birthday unlike dads."

This brought a smile to Iolanthe’s face. "As I am to be a princess will I ever be allowed to cycle again. I did with mum but then it all stopped & I had to be strong & not weak like a girl."

Wilma who had entered the room heard this. "Well we cannot allow it on board the ship, but as you are coming home with us to Skipton I think that would be permissible. Some of your other cousins will be glad to have you cycle with them if you wish to. I have brought this tiara as your father felt you should wear it now."

"Mums Tiara,” She promised me it would be mine one day until I passed it to my daughter." With great care Iolanthe put the tiara on and then asked Margarita if it was on correctly?"

Wilma. "Iolanthe, Markus will escort you to the dinning room and we will all go and take our seats in there and then you can enter."

Iolanthe was a bit apprehensive but Markus said, "It is only a Royal birthday party thrown by several queens for Isolde daughter of Constance of Fischen."

As they entered a great cheer went up and Iolanthe blushed. She saw her father and went across to him. "Thank you for the tiara daddy. I was very upset because I thought you had forgotten it was my birthday."
32. Willie gives a present.

Willie spoke, "We have been rather busy arranging your party so we asked the girl’s if they would keep you occupied. I understand they did that admirably and I further understand from my sister Margarita that you have asked permission off her to go cycling. Your father tells me that was something you used to do with your late mother and he has not had time to do that with you. How would you feel if I got you permission to train with a cycling team?"

"Sir I would like that very much but will some of my new sisters be allowed to accompany me? Also I do not have a decent bike or skins and helmet to do any ridding in."

Fiona came up and handed Iolanthe some cards and said, "Read them carefully? We have some other presents for you but I think you might like these the best.

Iolanthe opened the first envelope. Happy birthday from Fiona & regardless of what anybody thinks I am claiming you. A piece of typed paper dropped out. It read your sisters had got you other presents. When we heard you ask about permission to go cycling we also wrote this and put it in Fiona's card. This is an IOU for a full set of skins and a helmet for you once we return to our new home.”

Iolanthe's father spoke, "Shortly after you left, I received a missive from the Queen of Finland and, apparently I have been appointed her personal chaplain Bishop. I have to attend functions and have my abode wherever the Queen chooses to live. While I will be close by I have several weddings to sort out. So I would appreciate it if you continued to take instruction off Margarita. I can understand why you call her mum and that is acceptable by me." Now Kaiser Wilhelm and I where pondering what to get you for your birthday when we heard about your request. Wilhelm quizzed me about your skills and I said you where good although you needed a new bike as your current one was far too small."

A second or two later a big grin came across Iolanthe's face.

Wilhelm, "I like cycling myself and have a little hobby. For a while I have been sponsoring a ladies cycle team they have the ladies world champion in their team along with another sister of mine who has been summons here with her daughter Katrina who is your age or so I am led to believe. Although you look far younger than you actually are"

Iolanthe thought for a moment and said, "Will I be allowed to cycle with Jenny Bond and Gaby, I try and follow all their races? They are both brilliant. One time mum entered me in a cross-country race up and down mountains in Yorkshire England. It was the first time I had ever done anything like that. I came in ninth place but the winner was a D Bond I often wondered if she was any relation to Jenny."

Another voice said, "I well remember that race as you told me it was your first time. For a first timer you gave me some serious opposition and I for one will be pleased to see you at our training sessions. As to what you wondered, I am known as D or as Gaby Bond youngest daughter of Jenny, but I am a champion in my own right."

“I know that as I followed your exploits. I knew you had gathered some friends including your sister Maddy to form your own team, & that you had been initially sponsored by Briggs Cycles in America. That was after mum died. For a while I lost track of you although even in Finland you had many followers and when you represented Britain in the Embassy race you had many cheering you on. I was also aware of the attempted assassination of you in the south of England, and I am glad that has been resolved.”

Princess Katrina. "We wondered what to get you and the team captain said, perhaps you would like a full pink set of our team skins along with the helmet. So that is what we brought you. Not all of us are into racing up mountains but apparently you like our team captain like to."

The skins they have GB on the back & I am half Finnish & Half Bavarian so I can not ride for Great Britain."

Katrina started to laugh. "Iolanthe it stands for team Gaby Bond not Great Britain although some of our team members are also in the British team as I represent Bavaria & so can you. Now Gaby and I understand there is a racing circuit on board and we wondered if we could have a go before we all eat.”

Gaby said, "Wow that is some layout. I bet the oldies are as eager to play on it as us."

After several races in which different contestants won Jenny said, "After we have had our tea Lucy do you mind if I challenge Alexis, Glenda & Renata & some of their sisters to a race or two on your circuit."

Draco. "And then perhaps the boys could have a go after that.

Iolanthe gave her father a nudge. "Yes I would like to challenge you Draco and have a go round the circuit a time or two."

Iolanthe cuddled Margarita "Thank you for the party. Once dad gets on the track he will be too occupied to notice anything else. I feel as if I am me again like I did with mum. Are we all allowed to dance as I feel that I want to dance?”

Cleo. "It is compulsory for us all to dance so if you want to dance then that is what we will do."

Eventually the day was over and everybody made their way to their cabins. All the children where soon asleep. Iolanthe’s father was having a good chat with Margarita. "I could do nothing with her after her mother’s death. Even those I engaged to look after her could do nothing with her & she decided she was a boy and was strong willed. Then you turn up and she is back to her old self again. So I owe you and the girls a big thank you."

33. Iolanthe in Pain.

The following morning Iolanthe awoke in considerable pain. Her face was red. She awoke Fiona and said, "Fiona can you get mum as I do not feel very well?" A worried Fiona shot off and found her mum who came to find out what the trouble was. A quick look at Iolanthe told her all she needed to know.

Iolanthe. "Mum I feel dreadful both sides of my tummy hurt and I keep getting hot and cold. I think I am going to have to go to the toilet."Margarita waited and a short time later an obviously shaken Iolanthe emerged.

Margarita. "You would be better if you changed all your clothes and had a bath and then go back to bed. I take it this was your first time. From now on you are going to need a supply of these. While you take a relaxing bath I will get the maid to change your bedding and I will return with a drink for you. You would be better spending the remainder of the day in bed.”

"But I am bleeding all over? And feel rotten."

"Ah Iolanthe it comes as a shock the first time it happens. It is only your body getting prepared to have babies. It happens to all females every month. Instead of me coming back would you like me to send one of the older girls who is nearer your age?"

"Yes please Mum but I will be having a soak for a while."

Margarita left Iolanthe in the bath and went & found the maid. She then went for her own breakfast. She looked around and spotted Gaby on her own. She went across. “Where are your sister Maddy & Katrina?"

“You need well ask both have taken to their beds. I was going to go and ask the birthday girl if she fancied racing me I quite enjoyed myself on the track yesterday."

"Sorry Gaby she also has taken to her bed and it came as quite a shock to her at it was her first time."

"Bummer, I remember when it first happened to me and I thought I was going to die it was that painful I passed out and awoke in hospital. I thought I was a boy but it transpired I was born both and the girl me took over. These days there is not a trace of Drew left."

Margarita grinned. "I had intended asking one of my daughters to go and keep Iolanthe Company. You could be the best tonic if you do not mind telling her about yourself?"

Gaby. "No problem there as I will be starting around lunchtime. So then you can bring me some of that tonic.”

Iolanthe was back in her bed by the time Gaby got there. "Hi I was hoping to race you with the cars. You look as if you have the same complaint as Katrina & Maddy. They always start at the same time. Sorry you do not want to here about me and Maddy that subject is kind of yucky anyway.”

“Mum could not have any more children after me so I was a girl for her and a boy for dad. When mum was killed I became a boy full-time and decided I was going to get those who hurt my family."

Before long Gaby and Iolanthe where comparing notes. Iolanthe giggled. “You had no idea you where part girl?”

"None at all in fact it used to annoy me when people got me and Maddy muddled up. The biggest shock was when Mother Nature decided to kick in full time as happened to you today. Then I realised there was no going back to being Drew. I discovered by massaging here and here the pain is not as bad.”

Iolanthe let Gaby massage her. "I think you are right it is not as bad, perhaps I can do that for you when you start. I think I will come and race you after all, but if I start feeling bad again I am going back to bed.

You know Iolanthe that day you raced against me I thought you had been doing it for a long time. You raced like a true professional in that race.

"I never got chance to enter any more as mum was killed shortly after and Bikes was not dads thing. My new sisters have promised me a set of Skins and a helmet and then you and Katrina also brought me a set.”

“Iolanthe one thing I have learned is you can never have too many sets especially if you train like I do. You tend to get a little wiffy if you know what I mean and so they are always in the wash. Same with the bikes, I have one for competitive racing and another for general pleasure and one for going up mountains. Then there are the specials like the tandem and the disabled bike and the multi person one.”

Iolanthe. “Gaby I know a great secret I have wanted to tell somebody. You know about the Russian history & How Nicholas & all his family where supposed to have died. Well I know, as does my father that at least two of the daughters of the Tsar Nicholas survived. One was grand Duchess Anastasia & there was much speculation about her escaping and, the other was her imperial Highness the grand duchess Tatiana Nicolaievna Romanoff and they both escaped to Britain and married British men. They both kept a low profile and the Anastasia in America was a maid who was instructed to let everybody know Anastasia was alive. She did her job very well all though some of the German families doubted who she was.”

“Why do you think both Germany & Russia wanted Wilma as Empress? They both knew she was a direct descendant off both Anastasia & Tatiana as is her younger sister Davina. Wilma is the Grand daughter of both of them."

Gaby, "Iolanthe you must be wrong because I met Wilma previously and she showed no signs of being a Queen or having lots of money. She used to run a youth club and she looked after my friends and me when we first moved further north. Anyway if she were Alexis long ago would have claimed her. Now Alexis I do know about and there is no way she would have let them escape her clutches.”

“Well my father seams to think the females all escaped the reds. At least two ended up in Britain. From what father said, The Russians dug up the bones of the Grand duke and some other members of the family. These they pretended belonged to the Tsar Nicholas and family. The DNA evidence showed they are members of the Royal Family but when the British checked them out they would only state the bones where from various members of the Royal family.”

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos