For The Business

Printer-friendly version

For the Business

By Karin Roberts

It started of innocently enough, an invite to a Halloween party for small business owners.

“Darling we really need to attend this” my wife said as she opened and sifted through the day’s mail.

“I hate Halloween, it’s just an excuse to get people to spend money” I replied

“Oh lighten up Scrooge, anyway were going I could make some useful contacts there.”

“So that was it then, we were going, I suppose,” I sighed as I glanced through the remaining pages of the day’s newspaper.

“We’ll need costumes of course” she continued “I suppose I’ll have to sort that out as well” she said.

“Yeah you got that one right, just do what you like let me know on the day what I’ll be wearing”

“Fine, be like that” she said a bit of a scowl in her voice.

“I just don’t see the point of it” I said.

“There is no point, but it could be a good night and the business contacts there could really help us out”

“Ok, ok I hear you, I’ll be there.”

She was right of course we could do with the extra business and definitely the extra money. It’s not that we were destitute or anything but since I had been made redundant 2 years ago from my sales job, money had not been so plentiful. We were still getting buy, hell the house was paid for, sure we had to get rid of one of the cars and our holiday’s had dropped to one a year but we were not in the poverty trap that so many were in this area of Western Scotland.

At just approaching 42 I was made redundant cast to the four winds after 20 years of toil and sweat. I had been good at what I did from kitchens; to bathrooms to office supplies you name it I had sold it. Worked for the same company all that time then a foreign buy out and I was out. Well I had the opportunity to stay at the time but had been talked out of it by Amy.

Amy and I had been married for fifteen years, while I had been the main breadwinner Amy had worked in various catering firms since she left school. Her one ambition in life had been to run her own business a catering firm of her own. My generous, well more than generous pay-off had given us enough to bank some money for a rainy day and set up Amy’s business.

At first she had taken on a small unit in a local industrial park. I helped out at first and still did from time to time doing deliveries and picking up supplies. What I did notice was the change in Amy, how much more driven she had become. She worked like a demon, chasing contacts while all the time doing much of the catering herself. She hired a young girl fresh out of school and they slaved endlessly, preparing food for banquets, office parties, wedding’s wherever they could get work.

Within a few months’ they had moved to a bigger unit and two more were hired to do the work behind the scenes while Amy chased fresh contacts. Personally I thought she was moving a bit fast, but in no time another couple of staff were required and by now she employed a staff of ten and was searching for even bigger premises.

In the meantime I had found it hard getting work a couple of short contacts to cover for women on career breaks or maternity leave was all I could muster, besides though after 20 years of hard graft I was enjoying some time to myself.

We’d never had any children, we’d tried in the early days but it never happened. After test’s it was discovered that I had a low sperm count and that IVF would probably be needed should we want to have a family.

It was around that time that something else was discovered and that was my liking for dressing in women’s clothes. Yeah that’s right a closet tranny, discovered by accident one day when I though that Amy was working late. It was the worst period of my life no doubt about it. A year when my marriage hung by a thread each week and lot’s of promises and counter promises were made to salvage our relationship. Sex had been a no go for about nine month’s indeed for over six of them we never even slept in the same room. Gradually things got back to normal and the subject faded although never fully forgotten it passed and life returned to some normality.

So there you go a potted history of our life together and where our future was headed, at least that’s what I thought……….

The Party

“Remember, Friday night’s that Halloween party” Amy called as she picked up her briefcase on route to another meeting.

“Do we have to” I said hoping that she had gone off the idea from a few weeks back.

“Yeah we do, there’s going to be some councillor’s there, you know I’ve been after some of their school contracts for ages, not to mention their own in-house canteens, so yes we do”

“Ok I’ll finish early Friday” I replied.

“Good, I’ll collect the costumes on Friday morning.”

“What we going as” I asked.

“Not sure yet I’ve not really made up my mind, look I need to go I’ve a meeting in 15”

“Ok see you tonight” and she was gone.

I’d picked up a three month contract with a local confectionery firm; things were going not too bad although it could have been better. Sales were ok but not up to my usual standard maybe I’d lost the knack or maybe I’d lost the drive I don’t know but I was not turning out my usual figures. Did it matter I thought only three week’s left anyway and then I would need to look around for something else, maybe get back into kitchen’s if I could, I was good at that, I picked up my briefcase and headed out in to the chill October day. “Another day another dollar” I said to myself as I pressed the remote to unlock the company car.

Friday arrived and after a successful lunch where I’d managed to clinch my best sale of the week I was feeling good about myself. If only we didn’t have this damn party tonight I thought to myself as I drove home early afternoon.
Parking the care I got out and opened the front door “Amy” you home I called, no answer. I looked at the telephone the red message light blinking brightly, I pressed the button. “Hi darling I’m running late, I got the costumes there going to be fab, have a shower and shave and I’ll see you about five.” Damn I could have went for a drink with the lads after all, bloody party I thought as I walked upstairs towards the bathroom.

Showered and shaved I pulled on my dressing gown and went into our bedroom. Picking up my briefcase I opened it and took out some paperwork, looking at the clock I noticed it had just turned four. Good I thought to myself enough time to do my sales return for the week, give me a clean slate to start with on Monday. I slipped up onto the bed and took out the log sheet closing the case I put the sheet on the hard surface and began to enter my figures.

Sometime later I heard footsteps on the stair “You home Andrew” Amy called

“Yeah in the bedroom” I called back putting the plastic top back on my pen.

I gathered up the papers and put them in the case as she entered the room with two clothes bags draped over her arm.

“Good week” she asked gesturing towards the case.

“Yeah ok, good sale today to close the week, commission should be not bad, not what I used to make but ok, we might get a holiday out of it” I said.

“Cool, but not for a little while I’ve another project brewing at the minute”

“Oh what’s that?” I asked.

“No time to talk about it just now, we need to get ready, I’ll tell you later” she said.

“So what we going as” I asked.

She paused putting the clothes bags down on the chair.

“Eh well I need to talk to you about that” she stopped.

“What is it?”

“Well I had a meeting on Monday so I never had time to go to the Fancy Dress shop myself” she paused.

“And”

“Well I asked Karen in the office to go and order the stuff for me and she got it a bit mixed up”

“How, wrong costumes, maybe we should just stay home” I hoped the answer would be yes.

“No chance I paid enough to hire these were going it’s just that it will be a little unusual”

“How come” I asked?

“Well we are going as Gomez and Morticia from the Addams Family. The problem is that Karen ordered the Gomez costume in my size and the Morticia in yours”………

“No way, I’m not going dressed as Morticia Addams” I said my voice rising slightly.

“Look it’ll be fun; we need to go I promised Chris we would be there”

Chris was one of my friends from years back, he had gone into business himself and started a courier firm, bikes vans etc. In fact since the early days when I had helped Amy out with deliveries he had carried most of Amy’s runs transporting food from the factory to events and picking up supplies for her and being a family friend had done it at very good rates saving us a good deal of money.

“Well that’s another good reason not to go, me being dressed as Morticia with Chris there” I shouted.

“Look he won’t mind and it’s not if you don’t have previous of dressing in women’s clothes” she called back with an edge in her tone.

I flushed, why do women do that, you know what I mean, mistakes you’ve made are not mentioned for ages then as soon as an argument pops up back come the indiscretion like a torpedo below the waterline to sink any argument that you have.

“Well are we doing it” she said as she looked at me with an icy stare.

“Fuck, I suppose so”

“Good, I’m going for a shower; I’ll be back in 10 to help you dress”

Now going out dressed as a woman with Amy was probably one of my private fantasies but somehow I had a bad feeling about this!

Fifteen minutes later I had been ordered back into the shower to cover my body in a hair loss gel.

“Is this really necessary, I mean from what I remember of Morticia Addams she has a really, long dress so nobody will see me legs” I protested.

“Andrew just do it it’s not as if you’ve never done it before” another stab at my guilt.

Half an hour later I was sitting in front of the mirror that vaguely familiar smooth feeling on my legs as Amy set about my face with cosmetics and brushes of all sizes. Another half hour and a long dark wig was being pulled over my head and fitted snugly to my scalp. I looked in the mirror the pale foundation giving that slightly ghostly look, vibrant red lipstick coated my lips that gloss Amy had used shining in the mirror. My eyes, dark pools, created by lots of dark mascara, eyeliner and kohl pencil. Light grey eye shadow completing the look. Taking my hands she filed each nail a bit and then removing some false nails from her dresser not too long but long enough she glued one to each finger before painting them with a black nail varnish.

“Now let’s just let them dry and then we can get you dressed.” Amy left the bedroom and went downstairs returning about ten minutes later with a coffee she walked towards me. She leaned forward a bit over my shoulder and whispered, “You know I had clean forgotten how convincing a woman you make, I think we might just win this” she said I forced a smile as she took my hand and led me away from the dressing table. Amy rustled around in her closet and pulled out a black shiny waist shaper.

“Here you will need to wear this, the dress tapers a good bit at the waist, turn round.”

I turned away from her, her hands slipped the garment round my waist it felt cold against my bear skin.

“Breathe in a bit” she said as she pulled it tight.

“There that should do, now breasts” she walked away to the bags she had brought in with her earlier. She pulled out a pair of realistic looking breasts.

“Wait a minute, if Karen made the mistake in ordering why did she order them” I asked pointing over.

“She didn’t, when I realised the mistake in the sizes I had just enough time to catch the shop tonight and pick them up.”

“Couldn’t you just have sorted the changed the size of the costumes.” I asked.

“Didn’t have any more in stock, beside I bet you always dreamed about dressing up in front of me” another blow at my guilt my face flushed a bit.

She walked over spraying some liquid on to the back of them as she moved.

“Now come here”

She pressed the object to my chest and started counting “One, two, three ….. Fifteen,” she stepped back “There, ehm a bit big, but they will do, now the other.”

Soon both breasts were in place and encased in a black lacy bra, Amy worked away with some foundation and concealor at the edges blending them to my skin tone. “Now stocking’s” she said as she walked back to the bags “Here they are” she said tossing me a packet over. I looked done “Hold-Up Fishnets” the title displayed.

“You know what to do with those now I’m going to start and get ready put the dress on and I’ll be back in ten minutes” she announced leaving the room with the other costume bag in her hand.

Although a fantasy of mine I was still getting an uneasy feeling about all this.
Opening the packet I removed the stocking’s and took them out, unrolling them one by one I pulled them up my legs letting the gummed tops settle and join to my thighs. I couldn’t resist a little walk over to the full length mirror to ogle myself. My shapely legs encased in the black fishnet, the bulging boobs protruding a bit from the lace bra, my waist nipped into shape a forgotten stirring starting in my loins. Not now I thought as I walked back to the bed and pulled out the dress.

The dress was just as expected made from a stretchy figure hugging cotton material I opened the zip and pulled it down. Stepping inside I pulled it up my body the material clinging to each area as it got higher. The round neck settled just above my breasts. I slipped my arms into the spider’s web lacy sleeves, a piece of material in the same spiders wed design fell from each arm almost touching the floor. Pulling the zip to the top I encased my self in the dress.

I shuffled across the room the dress was narrow to the knees and then flared out a bit. “This is going to be awkward to walk in” I said to myself the dress in truth was just a bit too long the frayed edges getting caught under my feet almost causing me to trip once as I arrived at the dressing table and sat down. Maybe there was a chance yet to call it off, plead to Amy about the length, and show her I could do myself an injury. I sat at the mirror at looked at my reflection once more, what Amy had said was true I had forgotten how convincing I looked as a female since my self imposed abstinence from dressing as a female. The door opened.

Amy stepped in her hair all slicked back in her purple and black wide stripped suit complete with bow tie a false moustache adorned her face completely bereft of make up I was surprised how boyish she looked. She stepped inside doing a twirl in her manly shoes.

“What do you think, not bad eh” she beamed.

“Yeah looks good, I’ve got a bit of a problem though the dress is a bit too long the fringes keep getting caught under my feet, I could trip” I said a pleading look on my eyes.

“Ehm” was all she said.

Then “I know it’s not exactly Addams wear but what about if you wear a pair of heels, lift you up a bit, that would work” she said heading towards her closet.

“But you’re a full size smaller than me, they will kill my feet” I said.

“Maybe, just a minute” she said rummaging in her closet.

“There they are” she said pulling a pair of black high heeled sandals from the closet. She walked towards me, kneeling down she said “Here give me your foot.”

I pushed it forward, she moved the dress back taking my foot onto her lap she slipped the sandal on, and she pulled the thin leather strap round my ankle with a little extra tugging she managed to get the pin to catch in the last hole. She repeated the process on the other foot. “Now stand up” she said “and walk around the room.” I did so a bit wobbly at first but then into my stride.

“There you go see how easy it is, once you’ve walked in heels it’s like riding a bike, you soon get used to it again” another slash at my guilt of the past.

“Ok let’s get going” she said picking up a black leather clutch bag she handed it to me.

“Morticia never had a bag” I said.

“Yeah I know but you will need it for key’s money etc you can ditch it somewhere when we get there. I better drive I mean you can walk in heels but driving might be a different proposition” she said as she held open the bedroom door and we walked out into the hall.

“Oh just a minute” she said dashing back into the bedroom; I stood wondering what she had forgot. She reappeared,

“Hold out your hands palms upward” I did as she asked.

She gripped my wrists and a perfume bottle appeared she sprayed my wrists liberally.

“Surely there’s no need for that” I said.

“Oh stop complaining” she said as she sprayed more on each side of my neck and on the bare patch under my chin and above the breasts. “Turn round as well” she said. I followed her lead once more, felt her move my hair back her hands moving round my neck she fastened a single string pearl necklace in place, and then she clipped a pearl stud earring to each ear.

“There now we can go” she handed me the perfume and asked me to put it in my bag, inside I saw the lipstick she had used and a compact, I stared at it.

“Just in case you need to touch up your make up, now where did you leave your watch” she asked.

“It’s on the telephone table in the hall” I said.

“Ok let’s go”

We went downstairs and towards the front door Amy picking up the watch she fastened it to her wrist. I opened the door and handed her the key stepping outside into the night air as Amy locked the door behind us. The tightness of the dress made it a struggle to get seated but once inside I fastened the belt as Amy switched the car into life. “I’m looking forward to tonight” she said as she turned looking behind her she slowly backed the car out into the main road.

………..

The drive to the Community Centre where the dance was being held was no longer than fifteen minutes. Amy switched on the indicator and made a turn into a busy car park. Pulling up into a space she switched the engine of we stepped out. Walking round she took my hand and led me towards the hall.

Inside the buzz of chatter was interrupted by soft music being played by a band on the stage at the top of the hall. She looked around spotting someone she waved.

“There’s Chris” she said pointing over to someone dressed in a cowboy outfit, he walked towards us.

“Jez Andrew what a change” he said looking me up and down.

“Knock it off, costume mix up” I said.

“Yeah but you look so, so, natural” he said.

“He is a natural, aren’t you darling” she said.

A blush spread across my face, “All Amy’s work” I said deflecting the dig at me.

“You look great too babe” Chris said turning towards her and placing a kiss on her forehead.

“Thanks, you look lovely too” she replied.

“Look there’s a couple of people I need to introduce you to, get yourselves a drink and follow me over” he said.

We walked over to the bar, “What do you want babes” she asked me, “Eh a pint” I replied “Don’t be ridiculous you can’t have a pint dressed like that” she said as we stopped by the bar. “Eh a glass of white wine and a whiskey and soda” she said to the barman.

The barman poured the drinks and brought them too us she handed me the glass of wine and took the whiskey herself. “Now let’s go and find Chris” she said scanning the room.

We spotted him talking to a man dressed as a Sheikh and what I assumed to be his wife dressed as a Belly Dancer. “Amy this is Kevin Peter’s he owns two city centre public houses which have function rooms he’s often on the look out for caterers.”

“Pleased to meet you Kevin, eh this is my husband Andrew” she said gesturing in my direction. I just smiled “Eh novel idea” he said looking me up and down.

“So you need caterers from time to time” Amy went on.

“Yeah it’s mostly evening work you know birthday parties, the odd small wedding reception, office parties that type of thing.”

“Well that’s no problem, do you have anyone regular just now” she asked.

“No not really, sometimes get the customer to organise themselves, but it would be nice to have a regular caterer that I could rely on, a couple have let me down from time to time” Kevin said.

“Well we are very reliable just a small firm but growing all the time and we are very competitive” Amy reached into her pocket and took out a card, “Here take this it’s my business card, home, office and mobile is on there give me a call we will see if we can work something out.”

“Thanks” he said.

The business chat continued and to be honest I was bored and felt a bit left out standing there while Chris and Amy did most of the taking with there new found business client. I scanned the room looking at the other guests. There were the usual costumes on view, policemen, soldiers, sailors, Wonder Woman, Batman, Robin and Batgirl just what you would expect to see, all huddled in small groups chatting and laughing with each other. No one had really given me a second glance so I figured Amy’s make over had worked and there were no second glances or pointing in my direction, you know look at the guy in drag.

“You know there’s something missing from your outfit Amy” Kevin said his voice shaking me from my self imposed daze.

“Eh what’s that” she asked gripping his arm in a flirty way.

“A nice big cigar” he said, she giggled and took sip of her drink.

“Yeah your right” Chris chipped in.

“Well as we have made a deal let’s celebrate” Kevin said producing two thick long cigars from inside his costume he handed one to Amy, she’s not going to smoke that I thought to myself. Amy had been a smoker when we met but when she had tried to get pregnant she had given up, me I had also been addicted to the weed especially, when I had dressed up as Chloe my TV alter ego and also when sales pressure had been high and deals were scarce. The constant barrage of pressure from Amy and me losing my job had meant that I had stopped as well but at times when Amy was not around and I felt down about my unemployment I sneaked off for the odd one.

Amy slipped the long fat cigar between her lips, Kevin producing a lighter flicked the flame into life, Amy embedding the end of the cigar in the flamed and puffed, she slightly then settled the cigar smoke spiralling to the ceiling. I felt a stirring in my groin as I watched her to be honest I thought some women were very sexy when they smoked if done in a seductive way and seeing Amy puff on the cigar was having a marked effect down below.

“Eh maybe it’s time for another drink” I said hoping I could sneak away and try and recover my composure.

“I’ll have the same again darling” Amy said handing me her glass “Oh and be a dear and get Chris one as well” she said slipping her arm through his and resting her arm over his forearm. I walked away my heels clicking on the tiles as I went towards the bar reaching it I asked the barman where the toilets were “Out in the foyer Madam” he replied. With one look back I saw Amy still flirting away with Kevin and Chris the cigar going to her lips once more, “Well dear two can play at that game” I said to myself as I stepped out into the deserted foyer.

I located the toilet and took care of business, not surprisingly using the ladies as I had done many times before as Chloe. Back out in the foyer I went to the front door and stepped outside across the street about 50 yards from the Community Centre was a Off- Licence. Just the job I thought leaving the building I walked towards it. Two youth’s stood just s few yards before the front door of the shop I could see them scanning me as I approached, “Keep calm” I reminded myself the more confident you conducted yourself the easier it was to pass I reminded myself from my cross dressing days. I passed them and entered the shop; it was deserted except for a middle aged woman behind the counter.

“Can I help you Madam” she said as I reached the counter.

I scanned the racks behind her “Eh can I have twenty More please” she made a move towards the familiar Red packet, “Eh sorry no the Menthol one’s” I said pointing to the white packet just beside them.

“Oh sorry” she said picking them up “Eh that will be 5.60” she said handing them to me.

“EH can I have one of your disposable lighters as well.”

She picked one up “6.45” she said.

I opened my bag and took out a ten pounds handing it to her she looked at it checking the security line as most assistants do in these days of fraud and forgery. Satisfied she opened the till and dropped it inside taking my change out she handed it to me.

I left the shop and headed back towards the Community Centre. The two youth’s wolf whistled behind my back. Me I just kept walking but wiggled my hips a bit more for their benefit. As I approached the centre I could see one other guest dressed as Spiderman standing by a little alley up the side of the building puffing away on a cigar. I reached him and stopped by his side; I pulled the wrapper from the ciggies and tossed it in a small bin.

“Just taking a break” he asked me.

“Eh yeah” I said taking one of the long slim cigarettes from the box lifted it to my lips opening the bag to locate the lighter.

“Here let me” he said taking a step forward he clicked a lighter into life. I pushed the tip forward and into the flame and inhaled.

“Thanks” I said taking it from my lips; I blew a cloud of smoke skyward. “That’s better I’ve been dying for that” I said.

“My partner hates me smoking” my companion said.

“Same here” I replied.

“I just sneaked out, I hate Halloween, just got dragged along to this”

“Me too” I giggled.

“Eh I’m Ken by the way” he said extending me his hand “Eh Chloe” I said shaking hands with him. Then realising what I had just done introducing myself as Chloe, too late now I thought if I change it he’ll think I’m a nutter.

“Getting a bit breezy out here” I said stepping back into the alley a step as I took another drag from the cigarette.

“Yeah it is, supposed to rain later” he said taking another puff on his cigar.

“You enjoying the party” he asked.

“What do you think might as well not be here my partner is spending so much time doing deals I feel like a spare part” I replied.

“Yeah mine too, say we could sneak of together go get a drink there’s a pub down the road” he took a step closer.

“Eh I don’t know” I said nervously. “I mean look at the way we are dressed” he was only inches from me as I took a nervous puff on my cigarette blowing smoke to my left.

“Good looking girl like you shouldn’t be left like a wallflower” he said taking hold of my free hand.

At that moment I don’t know why but I really wanted him to kiss me. I’d been kissed as Chloe before but I needed it now once more. I looked down at him holding my hand and then back up into his face the Spiderman mask only showing lips and a pair of deep brown eyes.

He stepped a bit closer “So what do you say”

“Eh maybe not I better get back” I stammered.

“Well what about a little kiss for the road” he said.

His other hand blocking the exit to the alley which we were now a couple of feet inside. His head moved towards mine our lips met, my mouth opening accepting his tongue as it probed deeper toying with mine as I responded.
His arms slipped round my waist one moving downwards caressing my arse as our kiss continued. I wanted more but knew this was not the time, my hand between us I pushed backwards edging him away from me. The kiss ending.

“Eh I better go” I said as he released me.

“If you want” he replied.

“Well I don’t really but I better before things get out of hand” I said walking past him.

“Nice meeting you, maybe we will meet again” he said as I walked up the couple of steps to the front door.

“Eh you to but I’m not sure we will meet again”

“Never say never” he said, as I walked inside.

I went straight to the bathroom checking the mirror my lipstick was smudged; I repaired it and then headed back to the hall. Going to the bar I collected drinks for Amy and Chris and myself and looked around I spotted them talking to a couple dressed as the Flintstones and headed over.

“Where have you been” Amy said as I arrived handing them their drinks.

“Eh I went to the toilet” I replied.

“You been smoking” Amy asked.

“Eh no I was talking to another lady in the toilet she is a saleswomen said she might know of a job going she went out for a cigarette and I went out with her must have got some of the smoke on me” I lied.

Amy looked a bit suspicious her eye’s giving me the look; you know the one, you’re lying look. I bowed my head slightly as she raised the remainder of her cigar to her lips and took a puff a cloud of cigar smoke whirled above my head as she went back to speaking to Chris and the others.

The rest of the party passed off in a pretty similar way, Amy and Chris talking shop while I followed them around like a little puppy dog. A couple of times I lost them and wandered around speaking to strangers until they appeared again and I could join the company. Finally it was time to leave as we left Chris kissed Amy on the cheek. “Good night for business I think” he said as we stepped outside “You enjoy yourself Andrew” he asked looking at me.

“Not really, not much for me here”

“Well maybe that woman you met will come up with something for you”

“Yeah maybe” I said.

“We better just leave the car” Amy announced “I mean I’ve been drinking, you can come over and collect it tomorrow” she said as we looked around the street for a taxi.

“Yeah ok” I said

Soon a cab appeared and we got in, “406 Fuller Avenue” Amy asked as we sat down. “Yeah that was a good night, lots of possibilities” she said as the cab pulled away from the kerb.

…………

6 Months Later.

A bright Easter sunlight spread across the lawn as I stepped out of the car and walked up the path to the house. Opening the door I went inside and opened my briefcase. It had been a crap week; I had another three weeks to go on my latest temporary engagement. Work had been scarce since the start of the year but I had landed an eight week temporary sales post to cover for someone on the sick. The job and the company were ok but trying to flog Encyclopaedia’s is the pits. It’s the job no sales man or woman wants the dead end of sales jobs, but then beggars can’t be choosers then I had to take it.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not as if we were destitute, Amy’s business was going well she had hired another two employee’s since Christmas and even put in some new machinery at the factory. She was supplying two or three shops in the area with pre packed sandwiches and she had taken on a small kitchen in a new small engineering plant and was providing breakfast and lunches for the small workforce. So money was not a major worry so I suppose I had just taken the gig to keep me in shape and in the loop as they say.

I took out my ledger and totted up the weeks’ sales. “Shit only twenty sets of volumes sold all week, no bonus for me this week” I said to myself as I filled in the sales ledger. I made a coffee and leafed through the daily paper as I waited for Amy to return. Checking the cooker I say Amy’s note about dinner for the night taking some chicken breasts from the fridge I began to cook them so that we could have our meal once Amy got home.

“Good day” I asked as she stepped into the house, gone were the days that she appeared back in an overall. Amy was now very much hands off the actual food preparation and very much the business lady. Sharp suits and blouses were now the order of the day, we had even managed to stretch to a second car for her to visit clients and attend meetings.

“Yeah not bad, the engineering works is going well and I’ve signed up another three shops for pre-packed sandwiches so not bad all round.” she said as she helped finish off preparing our dinner.

“What about yours” she said.

“Crap, you know selling Encyclopaedias is the pits, I’ll be glad when this contract ends and I can look for something else” I said.

“Sometimes Andrew I don’t know why you bother.”

“Couldn’t I maybe do some sales for you” I asked.

“Not really were not big enough yet maybe if we get a big contact like the Council job I’ve been chasing” she replied. Amy had been relentlessly pursuing our local Council for ages to try and get the job of providing meals in all the offices and Council units. Frankly I though it was a bit too big for her to handle but she was adamant that they could do it, keep the employees they already had, lower the wages a bit but at least keep them in work and make a real profit.

We sat down and uncorked bottle of white wine between us as we began to eat.
Half way through the meal Amy spoke.

“Andrew I got an invitation today” she said.

“An invite to what” I asked.

“Well it’s a Small Business Conference in London in late May” she said.

“Are you going?”

“Of course I am despite the exposure it will give the firm, they have also asked me to be a guest speaker it’s a real break get the firm’s name up in light’s” she said as she topped up our wine.

“That’s excellent” I said.

“Yeah I think so just show’s how far we’ve come” she said as she went back to her meal.

“Well you should go then, do you want me to come with you.” I asked.

“No you would be bored; I mean I will be in seminars or meeting’s all day. At night all I’ll want to do is crash out in a hot bath and then bed” she replied.

“Yeah I suppose your right, anyway hopefully I’ll have another contact by then” I said as we continued to eat.

The Conference

It was Monday morning when I kissed Amy goodbye, she turned and walked towards the departure gate of Glasgow Airport. I watched her walk away the change in her these last couple of years was nothing short of dramatic. From a simple Canteen Assistant to the confident business woman I could see now. The sharp navy blue tailored suit with a deep split back vent, a white silky blouse underneath stretching tightly across her breasts. The four inch matching navy stilettos, her feet encased in shiny tan pantyhose, as she pulled her cabin luggage behind her. She turned and waved as she made the turn out of site; I waved back and then headed for the car park.

Work had been hard to come by since I had finished my Encyclopaedia contract, no that’s a lie work had been non-existent, so with a whole week to fill on my own I was at a bit of a loss. What to do to keep myself occupied I thought as I backed the car out of the parking space and towards the motorway.

Back home and with an empty week ahead I decided to re-knew my acquaintance with the golf course. Dusting down the clubs in the shed I put them in the boot of the car and set off to the golf course. It had been some time since I had played despite my gaps in employment and it showed I carded an 85 when less than a year ago I was playing of a 3 handicap. Practice was needed as I thought as I pulled of my spikes and put them away in the bag.

I arrived back home around tea time and started to prepare my dinner for one. Thirty minutes later having slaved over the cooker I sat down with my meal and a beer. The kitchen was certainly lonely with only one diner and the house eerily quite with no chatter over the dinner table about each other’s day. Finished my meal I put the dishes in the dishwasher promising myself to sort them out later. Picking up what was left of my beer and the daily newspaper I retired to the living room. Switching on the TV I sprawled out on the couch and leafed through the pages while the newscaster’s on the screen gave details of the latest stories to hit the headlines.

I finished off my beer and grabbed the remote flicking from channel to channel, the latest episode of nightly soaps began, I sat back the pictures washing over me. Normally by this time both me and Amy would either be seated on the single Armchairs or curled up on the settee, her in front while I stroked her hair or massaged her neck as we watched some TV Drama or a DVD together.

I picked up my beer glass and returned to the kitchen washing it under the tap; I left it on the drainer to dry. Switching on the dish washer I cleared up the remainder of the kitchen from dinner. Glancing at the wooden clock on the wall I checked the time, just gone 8pm, Amy should be settled into her Hotel by now I’ll give her a call I thought. I walked back to the hall my legs stiffing a bit after my golf earlier today, “I need to get more fit” I said to myself.

I reached the telephone looking down I saw the red light blinking on it, someone’s left a message. I’d come I the back when I had got back from the golf so I had not seen it before. Maybe it’s Amy, to tell me she had arrived ok. I picked up the receiver pressing the rewind I placed the phone to my ear……..

“Hello this is Kenneth Jackson from North Lanarkshire Council, eh I need to speak with Amy Clark re a business proposal she left with me for catering. I would be grateful if she could call me as soon as possible it’s very urgent.”

“Message left at 2.23pm, telephone number 01698 343568, end of message” the recording said. Sounds urgent I thought better call Amy. I picked up the piece of paper Amy had left with the Hotel number on it, studying the numbers I dialled, it rang.

“Good evening, Banbridge Excelsior Hotel, how can I help you” the woman’s voice announced.

“Eh yes can you put me through to Amy Clark’s room” I asked,

“Certainly sir who can I say is calling”

“I’m her husband Andrew” I replied.

“One moment sir and I’ll connect you.”

Silence as she put me on hold.

“Andrew is that you” Amy said as the line kicked into life.

“Hi babes, trip ok you got there safely”

“Yeah no bother, tube was as horrendous as usual, you had dinner” she asked.

“Yeah, you.”

“Not yet just getting changed now, was in the shower five minutes ago”

“Oh sorry” I said.

“No its ok I’m just drying my hair, what you do today,” she asked.

“Went to the golf would you believe it” I replied.

“Eh yeah been a long time since you done that, play well.”

“Eh not really as you said, have not played for a while”

“Well maybe you can get some practice in till you get a new contract, any leads” she asked.

“Eh there’s one in the paper I can call about and there’s a reply from Baxter’s the kitchen people saying they have nothing just now but will keep my CV on file”

“Never mind, you will get something” she said.

“Listen Amy there was a message on the machine I just noticed it from a Kenneth Jackson as the Council say’s he wants to speak to you urgently” I told her.

“That’s the guy I was telling you about, I had a meeting with his predecessor left a business plan with him he must have read it, I wonder what he wants” she said.

“Don’t know but it sounds urgent” I said.

“Ok I’ll ring him in the morning before the first seminar” she said.

“I’ll let you go eat now” I said.

“What you gonna do for the rest of the night” she asked.

“Eh just crash in front of the TV there’s a film on later” I replied.

“Ok enjoy, I’ll call you tomorrow” she said the line went dead just as I went to say “Love you Babes.” I put the phone down and returned to the lounge. I lay on the settee and focussed my gaze on the pictures. A few minutes later I was asleep.

The Set Up

Next morning I rose early and after glass of water I looked out my old tracksuit. Yesterday’s golf had made me realise how unfit I had become after years of business lunches and night’s in front of the TV. Don’t get me wrong weight had never been an issue as I ate well and sensibly. But I was just not getting enough exercise.

I drove to a local community park I knew which had a red ash pathway which snaked a few miles around it. Parking up I set of at a gentle pace not wishing to overdo it. Gradually I settled into a rhythm and threw in a few short sprints as well. After about an hour feeling good about myself and resigned to a new regime of doing this daily till I got a new job, I returned to the car. A quick stop at the petrol station to fill up and pick up the daily paper to do some job hunting and I was off home.

Putting the car in the garage I opened the kitchen door and walked inside. Remembering last night when I had not checked the answer machine and missed that call for Amy I walked through to the hallway.

The red light blinked into sight “Oh no I’ve missed another message” I said to myself reaching out to press the button. The machine kicked into life…..

“Andrew, Andrew pick up where are you,” silence for a second as Amy waited,
“Andrew look I need to speak to you it’s urgent. There’s no point in calling me I’m at a seminar but please be by the phone lunchtime I’ll call you then,”
the message ended. Must be important I thought returning to the kitchen I tossed the paper on the table and went to make a light breakfast.

For the rest of the morning I sat in the lounge, scanning the paper for vacancies I spotted two possibilities, circling them in red ink I vowed to get to them later. I called a ex colleague who was still in sales to enquire if there was any vacancies or anything he knew off “Nothing doing just now old mate but I’ll keep you in mind” he said as we ended the call.

Just around 12:30 the phone burst into life. Crossing the lounge I went to the hall and picked up the receiver.

“Andrew oh thank god your there, where were you this morning” Amy asked a bit exasperated.

“Eh I went for a run” I said.

“A run”

“Yeah fitness drive, new me” I replied.

“Well forget that I need you to do something for me” she said.

“Anything babes just ask I free the rest of the day.”

“That call yesterday it was from the Council as I said. Well it turns out that the catering firm they have been using for most of their banquet’s and for the Leisure and Conference centre have gone into receivership.”

“Oh” was all I could say.

“Well I’ve got a shot at the contract, isn’t that great, but I need to meet with Mr Jackson.”

“So does that mean your coming home early” I asked.

“Eh well not really, I though you could meet him” she said.

“Yeah I can do that but you said he needs to meet with you”

“Yeah that’s right well if you’re not coming home then how…….”

Suddenly, a thought was coming into my mind. I hoped it was not true but the conversation seemed to be heading that way.

“Eh you don’t mean what I think you mean” I asked.

“Yes I do.”

“Amy that’s nuts he will read me right away, you will throw away the contract.”

“Rubbish Andrew, you know you are so convincing you only need a little help and you will be fine, babes you can do it” she said.

There was silence as my mind whirred and my heart pumped as much as the idea appealed to one part of me the though also terrified me.

“Andrew you there” she asked.

“Yeah I’m here, this is mad can’t you just come home”

“No I can’t tomorrow’s session is really important to me and he needs to see me tomorrow, so will you do it, for me, for us, for the business. You know how hard I’ve tried to get that contract.”

I could hear some emotion in Amy’s voice as if she was close to tears, now Amy and tears were a certain loser for me. It’s not that she cried a lot, she was not really the emotional sort but when she did I just caved in to whatever had brought it on. I stood and thought chewing my lip nervously as I did.

“Well I suppose, I could maybe”

“Yes I knew you would do it, I love you babes. Now listen I’ve not got much time left before I need to go. You remember Sheila who worked for me for a little while.”

“Eh yes she left a few years back”

“Well she went to beauty school; she’s qualified now set up her own salon.”

“Oh, and”

“Well I called her told her about our little situation and she agreed to help”

“How”

“With you silly”

“Sorry I’m still not getting you”

“Look I told her I could not go but you would go in my place”

“You told her I would dress as you, but how come I had not even said yes yet”

“I just knew you would do it for me, anyway she’s going to help. First you need to go out and get an outfit,” she said.

“Why can’t I just..”

“No way buddy, I might be letting you do this but you’re not dressing in my clothes. No you go out and get something of your own; you know what I normally dress like so you will be fine.”

“Ok, then what.”

“Well later tonight after six you go and see Sheila the address is in the little telephone book in the drawer under the phone. The salon will be shut then and she will help you out.”

“With what” I said.

“Look I’ve already spoken to her and explained she knows what to do just be there after six. Ok, look I need to go” she said, I could here somebody moving about in the background.

“You clear after six and oh take a bath and use that hair removal cream in the bathroom cupboard, ok.”

“Ok” I said a bit reluctantly.

“ Good, oh and babes I love you for this, I’ll call you later tonight and see how you got on.”

The phone went dead; I stood and stared at the receiver not quite believing what I had just agreed to do. Slowly I put it back in place; I better move I thought I’ve got an outfit to buy.

The Salon Visit

I was still in an element of shock at what Amy had asked me to do as I backed the car out of the driveway and headed towards town. That night just a few short months’s ago when I had been Morticia Addams came back to me. Like any cross dresser who has given up their hobby the slightest little reminder or temptation can make them lapse back to their old ways. I guess what I’m trying to say is that if you’re born with the urge then it never leaves you.

Sure you can deny yourself the thrill, but in some way you are only masking the real you and for many that can lead to problems some have difficulty dealing with. Anyway I could still not believe I had been given a free pass by Amy to dress again. My heart was beating with excitement as I pulled into the shopping centre car park and drew to a halt.

I walked the short distance to the entrance and into the brightly lit hive of activity. Shoppers bustled up and down the polished tile floor, now what do I need I thought making a mental note in my head as I moved a amongst them.
Eh a business suit something smart but with a hint of sex appeal, a blouse again smart but sexy and heels, the higher the better I thought to myself as I scanned the shops looking for possibilities.

I spotted Debenhams, ideas I thought should be able to get everything in there. The familiar nervous feeling’s that I had experienced in the past returning to haunt me. I knew that I would probably go in and circle rails time after time thinking that the whole shop was watching me as if I had a flashing neon sign above me saying crossdresser. I knew however that I would eventually over come it and get what I wanted. “Here goes” I said to myself as I pushed the door open.
………….

An hour later I emerged from the store four bulging packages hanging from my arms. As expected I had hovered about the ladies sections for ages looking at displays all the time conscious that the security cameras were on me along following me from rail to rail as I cast my eyes over the selections available. Eventually I had picked out a black skirt suit with a sort of sheen to the jacket and skirt. This bought with the usual excuses, “Eh its for the wife’s birthday” as the sales assistant checked me over, a small bead of sweat trickling on my forehead, she knows, my head screamed as she rang up the sale.

The same performance further down the shop, where I picked out a nice red spaghetti strap camisole to wear underneath the jacket. On to the shoes now they had been a problem, I just fell neatly outside the ladies popular range with size seven so sometimes the choice was limited. Time had passed as I walked through the stands looking for something eventually I saw them a black patent show with a red heel. Checking the size it was only a five damn, I thought well there’s only one thing for it, I’ll need to ask the assistant if they have my size. Picking one up I looked around a young girl maybe early twenties stood of to the left, I moved towards her.

“Eh excuse me Miss; I was wondering if you have this in a seven, it’s for my wife.” I said the exclamation on wife. She looked at me strangely knowing full well that guy’s don’t buy shoes for their wife’s I mean they would never trust them with such an arduous and important task , would they.

“Eh we did have’ I’ll just check the stock room, sir” she said as she strode off.

I stood there like some flashing beacon in the middle of the store as I waited.
Minutes passed that seemed like hours, women strolled past some just looking other’s with shoes in hand to try on. Then from the rear of the counter she appeared a box tucked under her arm.

“I think this is what your looking for, sir” the emphasis on the “Sir” again.
“You’re lucky that’s last pair we have” she said handing me the box.

“Eh thanks I’ll take them” I said taking the box from her.

“Ok just pay for them over there” she said pointing towards a cash desk.

“Eh thanks” I said scurrying off happy that the ordeal was over.

I finished off my shopping with the purchase of a black leather smart shoulder bag with a gold chain strap and a pair of black leather gloves. Yeah I know I didn’t need them but the opportunity was there so I took it. All in all my purchases came to just under  £250 pounds, Amy would go spare but then it was her idea!

Back at the car I stored my purchases away, glancing at my watch I saw it was just gone four. Enough time to get home and change before my salon appointment. Now this worried me and I wondered exactly what Amy had arranged, soon I would find out.

Back home I checked the telephone book for the number, there it was, I picked up the phone and dialled the number, it rang.

“Sheila’s Salon, good afternoon, can I help you” the young voice said at the other end of the line.

“Eh, Eh, yes I was looking for Sheila” I stammered.

“Just a minute” the sound of the phone being placed on a counter then “Sheila it’s for you” I could hear the voice call.

A voice spoke “Hello Sheila here”

“Eh Hello its Andrew Clark here” I said my voice wavering as I thought about what I was calling for.

“Oh Hello Andrew, I’ve talked to Amy she explained everything” she said a slight giggle in her tone.

“I was just wondering how I should dress tonight” I asked my face blushing as I asked the question.

“No need to go to any trouble just wear say sweat pants and a top, oh and maybe a cap would be a good idea,” she replies.

“Eh ok”

“There’s a little access road that runs along the back, for deliveries and that. Just drive in there, there’s a sign on the wall so you will know where to stop.”

“Right ok” I said my nerve recovering a bit; at least I didn’t have to go in the front door.

“Don’t worry it will only be me that’s here, ok, so see you just after six, you’ll be a couple of hours no more” she said.

“Ok”

“Right see you then, bye” she said as the phone was replaced and the line went dead.

Jesus a couple of hours I thought to myself, what was she going to do; looking at the clock it had just gone five. “Better have something to eat” I said to myself as I strode towards the kitchen.

It was five past six as I turned left into the deserted lane that ran behind the shops driving slowly I spotted the sign and parked up. Locking the car I moved towards the door and knocked. My heart was beating as if it was about to burst from my body.

The door swung open bright light assaulting my eye’s “Andrew, come in” I stepped inside she shook my hand.

“This must be a bit strange for you” I stammered.

“A bit, but we have had a couple of transsexual customers before, but it’s the first time I’ve helped deceive a council official” she said a slight snigger in her tone.

“First time for me as well” I said trying to sound relaxed.

“Yeah but not the first time you’ve dressed, I hear.”

I blushed not sure what Amy had told her, “Eh no I went to a Halloween party as Morticia Adams a few months back” I said trying to make light of it.

“I see” she said not giving anything else away. “Well this might be a bit different, look here’s a robe change into it and join me over at the through at the front of the shop.”

She walked away through a set of swing doors leaving me standing there looking down at the robe in front of me. I began to undress piling my clothes on a chair. A few minutes later dressed in the robe I walked through to join her.

“Here sit” she said pointing to a chair beside a wall mounted sink, “I’ll just wash you hair and dry it a bit,” she said as I walked over sitting down she spread a towel around my neck and adjusting the seat she leant me back and began washing my hair.

The sweat smelling shampoo and the relaxing way her fingers massaged my scalp made me relax as I wondered what else the night had in store.

Soon my hair was washed and under a dryer as she moved around kneeling down I felt her hands caress my legs. “Oh they are smooth” she said.

“Eh yeah I don’t have really hairy legs and I used Amy’s hair removal cream yesterday”

“Underarms and chest as well,” she asked.

I nodded, “Ok then we can do without the torture of waxing then, I’ll just shape and thin your eyebrows a bit” she said picking up some small scissors she moved in closer to me and began to cut.

With my eyebrows trimmed she commenced work on my drying hair combing and cutting a little. Pulling over a trolley she selected a couple of strands of hair.

“These are extensions” she said holding one up.

“I’m just going to put some in, now you can wash them and treat them like real hair; I’ll take them out for you after your meeting.”

“Ok” I nodded, nervous about what was going on but in a funny way exited as I was getting the chance to do something that most closeted cross dressers would love the chance to do. She worked away then finally it was over.

“Ok time to have a look” she picked up a large mirror and placed it in front of me.

I looked at the sight in front of me my hair in a dark page boy like style while not long in length the hair was much fuller and shinier, very similar to Amy’s current style; the thin arched eyebrow’s enhancing the feminine look.

“Wow” was all I could mumble.

Sheila walked away to a set of cupboards opening drawers she took out small boxes examining each one before putting it back. Finally having found what she was looking for she returned.

“Let’s see your hands” she said, I lifted one to her, and she took it.

“Yeah these should be fine.”

She handed me the box, I looked at it, false nails. “Amy had her nails done recently didn’t she?”

“Yeah” I replied.

“Ok well just glue them on and you will be fine, now your ears are pierced” I believe she said a smirk crossing her lips. I nodded, before meeting Amy I had got them done at the height of my interest in cross dressing. “Ok then that’s about it then” she said as I stood.

“Eh I suppose I should pay you” I said sheepishly.

She gestured with her hand “No that’s ok Amy paid by card when she called me, now I’m out of town for the next couple of days,” she said walking towards the door “so you will need to come back Saturday morning to get your hair fixed.”

“Not before then!” I said a bit put out.

“Well I could arrange for one of my other stylist’s to do it for you” she said that smirk appearing on her face once again.

“Eh no it’s ok” I said as I reached the door, “I’ll wait” as the outside air hit me.

“Ok, see you Saturday then, oh and enjoy,” she said as the door closed behind me.

I drove home, Saturday I thought to myself well I suppose it would be ok I mean it’s not as if I’m working and I had nothing planned for the rest of the week, and maybe just maybe I could make the most of this I thought as I turned into our driveway.

The Meeting

I woke up the next morning early, high on excitement about the day ahead. I wasn’t worried I knew I would pass as a women, I had done so many times before, before I had married Amy. The prospect of dressing and securing a contract for her didn’t worry me either, I mean after all I was a salesman. I ran a hot bath sprinkling in some scented bath salts, the hot water sending bilious clouds of steam in the air.

Relaxing back in the hot water, I soaped myself feeling the smoothness of my body. That hair free felling I had felt so many times before. Relaxing back I smelt the aroma of the feminine scent which would be seeping in to my skin as the water lapped around my legs.

The phone rang, damn. I stepped out of the cooling water patting myself dry. Instinctively I tied a large towel around me as a female would just above the breasts. Moving out of the en-suite bathroom I looked around spotting pair of Amy’s open toed mule slippers I picked them up. I knew my feet would be too big for them but the open toes would allow me to slip my feet into them, the one inch heel felt good under my weight as I walked towards the phone.

“Hello” I said pushing the receiver to my ear.

“Morning babes, just me to see how you are getting on.”

“Ok, you” I said.

“Not bad so how was Shirley did she come through?” Amy asked.

“Yeah but she can’t see me again till Friday to sort my hair and that” I replied.

“Well that’s not a problem is it; you’ve nothing planned had you.”

“Eh I suppose not”

“So what are you doing?”

“Eh just had a bath.”

“Hope you’re not using my scented bath salts” she said with a giggle.

My face flushed as I could smell their aroma from my warm skin, “Eh no” I said my voice a bit nervous. Calm down I thought, it’s not as if she can smell me down the phone.

“Ok I’ll let you go and get ready, and please try Andrew” she said.

“I will try my best dear after all I’m a salesman” I replied.

“I know babes. I’ll call you tonight see how you got on, ok.”

“Ok” I said as the line went dead.

An hour later I was standing dressed in the clothes I had bought just yesterday for the meeting. Straightening the jacket I looked in the mirror. Yeah I still had the knack I said to myself looking at the expertly made up face with the mid red lipstick on my lips the carefully made up eyes in two tone blue and the thicker mascara coated lashes. My hair looked good and the nails I had fitted gleamed as the light caught the matching red polish.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, just gone eleven the meeting was at 1:30pm, time to get going I thought. I could have a stroll around the shops before meeting Mr Jackson. Get the confidence up mixing with shoppers I thought as I picked up Amy’s bottle of “Poison” perfume and sprayed it liberally on my neck a couple of shots to my wrists and I dropped it into the bag. I lifted Amy’s business file from the table, slipping a shoulder bag over my shoulder I walked to the door and headed for my meeting.

The roads were quiet that morning as I pulled into the parking lot behind the shopping centre. Parked, I stepped out of the car taking my bag and file I locked the car and headed off to the shopping centre that familiar sound of heels clicking on the hard surface as I walked along. Inside the shops were quiet a range of young mothers pushing buggys with children and a mix of workers on lunch breaks as I strolled along.

Glancing at my Amy’s watch on my wrist I noted it was just before twelve thirty, time for a coffee I thought as I walked along but first while the cats away the mouse can play I thought to myself. Spotting a newsagents I walked in the young assistant looked up and smiled.

“Twenty Berleky Menthol and one of your disposable lighters” I asked.

The girl reached behind her and picked up my purchases. Opening my bag I took out the purse that I had borrowed form Amy and opened it taking out the money I offered her it, smiling she handed me the cigarettes and the lighter I popped them in the bag as she rung up the till and handed me back my change.

“Have a nice day” she said as I turned “Eh you too” I said as I headed for the store exit.

I scanned the mall and spotted and outdoor café about 100 yards down. I walked towards it soon I was seated and a waitress approached taking my order for a coffee and a Tuna and Sweetcorn sandwich I sat back and watched the people going about there business. Opening the bag I took out the cigarettes removing the cellophane and silver wrapping paper I pulled one free and put it to my lips. The flame of the lighter kicked into life as I pushed the tip of the cigarette forward into the naked flame. Inhaling I sucked in the smoke and then taking the cigarette form my mouth I blew a stream of smoke upwards. The red stain, on the white tip reminding me that I was Amy for the day.

I scanned the mall as I sat smoking my cigarette watching people go about their daily business unaware of my presence or that I was impersonating my wife. I mean after all why should they I looked convincing, I knew that I had done this many times before I had married Amy, going out mixing in the gay and straight scene, I had guys hit on me before unaware of my true gender. I’d never done anything of course except a little kiss here or there all the time wondering what it would be like to push it just that little bit further but not having the courage to do so. I glanced at the gold watch that circled my wrist, ten minutes to my meeting with Mr Jackson; crushing out the cigarette I drank the last of my coffee. Opening my bag I dropped the cigarettes and lighter back into it and lifting out the perfume I sprayed some more on me to disguise the smell of smoke. Standing I walked from the café and headed towards the Council Offices for my meeting.

The imposing glass façade of the Council Offices was just yards in front of me I could feel a moistness in my palms as I approached, “Stay calm, It’ll be Ok” I mumbled to myself as I stepped into the revolving door and out into the tiled cool lobby. My heels echoed loudly on the tiles as I neared the reception desk.

“Can I help you Madam” the receptionist asked.

“Eh, I’m Amy Clark I have an appointment with Kenneth Jackson” I said stuttering ever so slightly.

She looked down scanning a sheet of paper attached to a clipboard.

“Ah yes Ms Clark, his office is on the second floor.” She pointed towards a lift. “Take this pass,” she went on “and the receptionist will meet you at the lift” she said.

“Thanks” I said taking the plastic pass from her I turned and moved towards the lift. Inside I clipped the pass to the lapel of my jacket and pressed the button for Floor 2 the doors closed and the lift began to rise.

The lift stopped with that familiar “ding” as the doors slid open. An attractive woman in her mid twenties or so stood waiting.

“Ms Clark this way” she said gesturing for me to follow her. I walked behind her the tight black skirt moving in tandem with her ass checks as the moved up and down.

“Take a seat there, I’ll just see if he’s ready for you,” she said gesturing towards a settee by the wall.

She left me and disappeared through a door. I sat down being carefully to cross my legs in a lady like manner. Minutes passed which seemed like hours my palms still a bit sweaty as I nervously waited. I opened my bag took out a tissue spotting my cigarettes how I wished I could have one now. I wiped my palms and scrunching it up dropped it into the litter basket. A door opened I looked up.

“You can go through now he’s waiting for you” she said holding the door open as I rose and walked towards her. “Room 28 on the left” she said as I passed her. “Thanks” I said as the door closed behind me.

I walked along the corridor glancing at the room numbers, 28 there it was I looked down pulled my jacket down and raising my hand knocked on the door.

“Come in” a voiced sounded from behind the door, reaching for the door handle I turned it and stepped inside.

Mr Jackson

“Mrs Clark, pleased to meet you at last” he said as he rose and walked over to me shaking my hand. “Here take a seat” he said gesturing towards a leather settee. “Would you like drink coffee maybe” he asked. “Eh that would be nice” I said he walked back to the desk pressing an intercom button he spoke “Jessica can I have two coffee’s please,” he asked.

I watched him as he spoke, I guess he could be considered handsome, tall slightly greying hair, a tanned complexion and smartly dressed, expensive suit I thought, I mean I was an expert I’d bought enough of them in my life hadn’t I. I snapped out of it as he turned back and walked towards me seating himself next to me taking care to not sit too close, he began.

“I won’t bore you with all the details but the catering company we have been using for some of our main functions and Satellite offices has let us down. We’ve had some complaints about them for a while now so this is really the last straw. I was looking at the files for another supplier and came across your presentation that you gave to my predecessor, very impressive I thought and it meets most of our needs.” He said smiling at me.

“Thanks, I’m glad you liked it” I smiled back.

“Well I was wondering if you would still be interested and have the capacity to take it on, it’s a big contract you know and if you pull it off we have another couple of outlets that have contracts up for renewal next year so who knows.”

“Well I would still be interested we’ve taken on a couple of other staff and were on the look out for new premises” I said.

“Oh locally” he asked.

“Yeah well within the town if we can or on one of the Industrial Parks” I said my nerves receding and confidence growing.

“Well I might be able to help you with that, I’ve a couple of contacts who are building the new Units in the Waterbridge Estate, they are not all finished yet or all let yet so I might be able to pull some string’s see what’s available,” he answered.

“Oh that would be nice of you and the extra space would come in handy if we get your contract” I said smiling at him once more.

“Ok I’ll see what I can do, now is there anything else you would like to add to your previous presentation,” he asked.

“No not really I just want to give you these” I said opening the case that I had with me and handing him some letters of thanks from previous clients. “There recommendations and sort of references from previous businesses I’ve dealt with and a few of our current clients” I went on.

He took them quickly scanning a few he said “Ok I think that’s all I need” he said extending his hand to me we shook hands as I got up.

“When do you think you will be in a position to let me know” I asked.

“Well I have one more meeting today with another firm and then that’s it.”

“Does it need to be approved by a Council Committee” I asked.

“No it’s just my decision, it’s been nice meeting you Mrs Clark” He said.

“Call me Amy” I said surprised at my own reaction.

“Ok Amy we will talk soon” he said once more smiling at me as he walked me to the door.

“Thanks for the opportunity Mr Jackson” I said as I walked from the office.

“It’s my pleasure and I promise to let you know soon, have a nice day” he said.

“You too” I said as I walked towards the lift.

Back outside I stopped at the smoking area and opened my bag taking out the long white cigarette I lit it up and inhaled. I was surprised how calm I had been throughout all that as I blew a cloud of smoke to the sky. My previous sales background had been a real advantage and I hoped I had pulled it off for Amy’s sake. Amy I thought I need to call her and let her know how it went. Opening my bag I saw that she had already rang me once a missed call displayed on the screen of my mobile. I returned the call, straight to voicemail, looking at my watch, just gone 2pm, I figured she must have been at an afternoon session so I put the phone away and took a final drag from my cigarette before crushing it out on the ashtray on the wall.

It’s early I thought and Amy has given me a free pass with my dressing, so I might as well take advantage of it. Do I go home or do I go shopping. Silly question really dressed like I was there was only one answer.

****************

I turned the steering wheel left the car turning and coming to a halt in our driveway. I looked around the street it was quite as I opened the door and lifting my two packages and my briefcase I stepped out of the car. Flicking the little switch on the fob that familiar “beep” sounded as the car security system locked and kicked into life. Walking up the path I opened the door and stepped inside glancing over at the phone the message light flashed bright red.

Putting down my bags I picked up the receiver my long red coated false nails pressed the replay button. The machine kicked into life. “Eh hello, Amy its Keith Jackson here. I just want to let you know that you have got the contract.” A pause as a smile spread across my face I still had the selling skills I thought. Keith’s voice sounded again, “There’s a couple of points I need to discuss with you though just to tie up the deal. I’ll be in the office till around five thirty can you give me a call, ok, speak to you soon, oh and congratulations and I look forward to doing business with you.”

I put the phone down glancing at the clock in the hall I noted it was just a couple of minutes to five. “Better call him” I said to myself. Picking up the small diary like phone directory I found the number and tapped it into the phone. “South Lanarkshire Council, can I help you.” the voice announced.
“Eh can I speak to Keith Jackson please.” I said “Can I tell him whose calling.” the receptionist asked. “Eh yeah sorry it’s Amy Clark I had a meeting with him earlier today.” “Ok Ms Clark I’ll just put you through.

The phone went quite for a second before a pre-recorded classical music tap kicked into life, one of those annoying tapes that make you scream if you are on hold for any longer than a minute. Happily I hear the voice come back quickly “Just putting you through, Mr Jackson, I have Amy Clark for you now.” “Amy I take it you got my message” he paused “Yes I did thanks,”
“No problem your bid was the beast there’s just a couple of little points I need to discuss with you.”

“Ok well I’m free most of tomorrow” Knowing full well I had nothing planned and was keen for another day as “Amy.”

“Well I’m tied up in meeting’s most of the day how about dinner.”

My heart skipped a beat as I played back what he had just said in my mind.

“You still there” he asked filling the awkward silence.

“Eh yes I am, I was just thinking if I could make it.”

“Your partner won’t mind will he” he said.

“Eh now s,” I paused “He won’t” I almost dropped my self in it I though as my heart continued to beat faster. “He’s away on business just now” I said.

“Well then, let’s say Di Angelo’s, at about eight, If that’s ok for you.”

“Yeah fine I’ll see you then, “he said.

“Looking forward to it” I said as the line went dead.

What have I done, I’ve just agreed to go to dinner with a man.

The Dinner

Shortly after I had got of the phone with Keith I called Amy to let her know how we got on.

“You sound a bit out of breath” I asked as she picked up the phone.

“Yeah I’ve just been to the gym all these cooked breakfasts and evening meals are not good for the figure” she said. “So how did it go?”

“Fine you’ve got the contract” I said a smile breaking out on my face as I said it.

“Of you are a gem, I knew you could do it” excitement in her voice as she took in the good news.

“Eh there’s just one thing, he wants do discuss a couple of minor points before we complete the deal” I said.

“What points?”

“I don’t know he just wants to discuss them tomorrow.”

“That’s not a problem is it; you could do it one more time couldn’t you.”

“Eh well yeah, but he wants to do it over dinner.” I could hear Amy laugh “It’s not funny” I said.

“What’s the problem you’ve been out for dinner before.”

“Yeah, but not as you.” I said.

“It will be fine look you can spend some more cash as you got the contract go get a dress or something tomorrow. Not too sexy though,” she said again as she once more began to snigger.

“Yeah very funny, ok looks like I’ll need to do it. How’s the Conference going anyway,” I asked.

“Yeah good the food is great the room is wonderful a huge big comfortable bed and I’m making some great contact’s.” she said with a slight smirk in her voice. “Look you take care I better go I’m meeting one of the girl’s for a drink, I’ll call you again tomorrow ok darling and thanks for this I’ll make it up to you when I get back, ok.”

“You better,” I said and then she was gone.

I stood in the hall mulling over the situation. Here I was given the opportunity of a lifetime, something I had dreamed about, getting the opportunity to dress in women’s clothes with Amy’s blessing but yet something did not feel right about it. Stirring myself I walked out into the garage and picked up a small set of ladders. Opening them out I climbed up the three or four steps. Looking up I pushed up a ceiling tile and stuck my hand inside. Feeling about I found a little bit of rope. Gripping it I began to pull in no time a little package appeared at the edge of the open tile. I lifted it out and replaced the tile before climbing down.

I looked at it wiping away some dust. I knew what was inside you see that’s the thing about those of us who have feeling’s like me, were devious yeas we say that we will never dress up again but all the time that urge is there, the temptation to do it. How many of us have bought things then thrown them away, yeah I know all of us. When Amy had caught me before I had vowed to get rid of everything in an effort to save our relationship and I had, well almost. Inside this little box were the two most expensive items I had bought before I had married Amy, a set of sate of the art Breast Forms that heated up with your body heat and nipples which reacted to heat as well and my latex pussy / vagina so realistic and accommodating capable of taking one of Amy’s dildos without any problem. “Well If I need to go to dinner with a man then I better make the effort” I said to myself as I switched of the light in the garage and went back inside.

I was in bed early that night; sleep did not come easy my head was filled with a mixture of thoughts, some excited about what the day ahead would hold and some of pure terror of the situation I found myself in. I shifted about the bed restlessly for a couple of hours before exhaustion took over and I slipped into a deep sleep.

Dinner at Eight

A bright sun ray beamed across the room as I woke the next morning. I turned stretching looking at the bedside alarm. It had just turned 10am; I roused myself aware that I had some shopping to do. I pulled on a pair of shell suit bottoms and a light tee-shirt. Downstairs I poured myself some fruit juice and made a slice of toast. Sitting by the table I munched on my toast and thought about the day ahead. I needed to get dressed shoot into town and buy a dress for tonight then back out and get ready. I figured I would need to be back by five have a soak and then get ready, after all I needed to be as perfect as possible tonight I was going to a posh restaurant so everything needed to be just right.

Back upstairs I dressed for the day. Underwear on I pulled on the skirt I had worn yesterday. Amy had said not to use any of her stuff but as all this was her doing then I figured that she owed me. Looking in the closet I pulled out a purple silk blouse slipping it on I sat down to do my make up for the day. Half an hour later I was dropping my cigarettes lighter and some perfume into a handbag of Amy’s. I pulled on the black leather gloves I had bought the other day and opening the door to the garage I stepped inside. The door slid up remotely as I started the engine and drove the car outside stopping briefly to activate the closing of the door I put the car in gear and drove off to town. After all I was going out to dinner tonight and I needed a dress!

Early that evening, I sat in the conservatory with a glass of white wine in one hand and a cigarette in the other. My legs were tucked up under me, still dressed in Amy’s clothes that I had gone shopping in earlier. My mind rationalising the way I felt when I was dressed this way. I felt female, I felt delicate, my emotions changed. Hell even what I watched on TV was different no sports shows more chat shows and magazine like programmes you know the stuff. The way I carried myself was different my stance so feminine even the way I smoked this cigarette and held this glass was so much more poised and elegant than “Andrew” would.

Like most guy’s going out you pick a shirt maybe a tie, a pair of trousers, have a wash shave and then you are off. But when I was dressed like this the procedure was almost military like, the preparation, the attention to detail. I think that’s why I had never argued with Amy all those times I had sat waiting for her to get ready to go out to dinner or the cinema. I understood and appreciated the time it took to look good. Glancing across at the wall clock I noted the time draining the last of my wine and crushing out the cigarette I rose. It was time for me now to go and make that effort.

Just over an hour later I stood admiring myself in front of the mirror. The dark red dress I had bought earlier that day clung to my figure. Not too short sexy but classy like I always liked to look before my hobby had been curtailed somewhat. The black sheer stockings glistened on my legs, my feet encased in the black shoes with the red heel that I had bought just the other day. My make was heavy but not tarty, definitely evening style, eyeliner, and mascara a dark red lipstick all coordinated to suit my outfit.

I reached for my cigarettes and pulled one out, much more comfortable now with the nail extensions that Sheila had fitted just the other day the nails painted in a matching dark red I picked up my lighter and sparked it into life pushing the tip into the flame I inhaled cool menthol smoke, a nervous rushed exhale as I thought of the night ahead. I looked at the cigarette the dark red lipstick coating the filter as I took another draw on it. Picking up my bag, a black jacket and my gloves I left the room and headed downstairs.

I poured a glass of wine and stood looking out the window my arm folded under my fake boobs across my chest. This is it I thought to myself one of the thing’s that I had always hoped to do, go out for dinner with a guy to be treated as a lady, wined , dined , complemented I hoped, all with the approval of my wife. How did I get here I thought, well I’m here now so I might as well make the most of it. Taking a final draw from the cigarette I extinguished it. I looked around the house checking everything was secure, then slipping on my jacket and gloves I grabbed my bag and stepped out side a taxi sat by the roadside awaiting my arrival to transport me to my date for the evening.

The taxi crawled to a stop, “That’ll be  £4.30 Ms” the driver said. I opened the bag and retried Amy’s small purse opening it I took out a five pound note and handed it over.

“Keep the change” I said reaching for the door I pushed it open and stepped out. I pulled the coat around my shoulders straightening it as I did so; the cab sped away as I walked towards the restaurant. Butterflies the size of pigeons fluttered around in my stomach as I paused and took out a cigarette fumbling a bit with the gloves to get a grip I pulled it free and put it between my lips. I looked inside the bag for my lighter as always the clutter of a woman’s bag hiding it from view.

“Here let me” a voice said behind me.

My frantic search in the bag had made me unaware of the gentleman who had appeared just behind me. He offered me his lighter which he lit and held towards me. Gripping the cigarette with my gloved fingers I pushed it into the flame and lit it.

“Thanks” I said blowing smoke skywards.

“No problem, you here for a meal”

Stupid question I thought as I was standing outside a restaurant. “Eh yes just a business dinner” I answered.

“I’m here with some friends, retirement party” he said.

“Nice” I said pulling hard on my cigarette and blowing the smoke to the floor. “I better get inside” I continued dropping the half smoked cigarette on the ground I crushed it out with the toe of my shoe.

“Nice meeting you, I’m Geoff” he said offering his hand to me; I took it and shook hand “Amy” I replied as I let go his hand and moved to the door.

Inside I scanned the restaurant looking for Kenneth, a waiter approached,
“Can I help you Madam” he asked in a polite tone.

“Yes I’m supposed to be dining with a Mr Jackson, Kenneth Jackson” I said gaining confidence with every interaction I had with a person.

“Yes Madam, he’s waiting for you in the Conservatory Area, I’ll just take your coat and then show you to his table”

I slipped of my coat and handed it to him he summoned someone from the cloak room to my right they hurried over and took the coat from him. “This way Madam.” He said gesturing for me to follow him. I walked on my heels clicking on the oiled hardwood floor as we made our way through the tables out into the bright conservatory area. Seconds later I caught sight of Kenneth our eye’s connected he smile I smiled back as he began to stand.

“Amy you look lovely” he said as I approached he leaned in and kissed my cheek, I blushed, “Thank you Mr Jackson” I said as the waiter pulled out the seat for me I say down taking care to make my posture as feminine as possible.

“It’s Kenneth this evening” he said as he stared across the table at me, “Now let’s order, I’m famished” he said as he gestured at the waiter to bring a menu.

During the meal I discovered that Kenneth was in the process of finalising a divorce from his wife. They had been separated for a few years now. His daughter lived in Australia with her partner and he had one grandchild. I had been more guarded on the information I had offered about my life just confirming my marriage status and that there were no children. The chat had been pleasant and complemented with some quite lovely food I had enjoyed the evening and was now very relaxed in my “Amy” role.

Just under two hours later as we sipped on hot coffee our meal at an end, I spoke “Eh Mr Jackson, I mean Kenneth. You said there were a couple of details on the contract you wanted to discuss.”

“Eh yes minor details really I hope we can get around them as I really think we could work well together.”

“Ok” I blushed slightly again.

“Well its staffing really, you see we have eight employees at the moment who work in the kitchens.” I nodded, he went on “Three of them are student’s who are only filling in during summer term, there is one who is pregnant and will be leaving us soon. But that leaves four, two of them are retiring in a couple of years and the other two have been with us for a few years now so I was wondering if you could take them on when you take over.”

I sat for a moment, “Eh well I would have needed to hire a couple of extra people maybe only three but if there will only be four left soon then I guess I could manage the extra body” I said.

“Excellent” he said, “And the other thing” I asked.

“Oh yeah well I was wondering if you could also keep on our two delivery drivers who collect supplies and make deliveries. There are two Council vehicles adapted for food carrying, we would maintain them and fuel them you would only need to contract the drivers.”

I thought some more “Well I suppose so; I mean my own driver is usually flat out anyway so if you are maintaining the vehicles then I suppose I could meet the cost’s of the drivers wages. It might be at slightly lower rates though, do you think they would go for it.” I asked.

“I’ve already spoken to them they will be happy still to be in work so as long as the wage cut is not too serious I don’t see a problem.”

“Ok, I think we have a deal then” I said extending my hand he took it. His large fingers engulfed my hand and I felt tingles in my spine as we shook hands.

“I’ll get the bill” he said gesturing towards the waiter. “Eh I can pay” I said.
“Nonsense” he said “Council expenses and all that and I was wondering if we could maybe go a walk along the river bank,” he paused looking at me. He went on “I mean unless you need to get home, it’s just I’ve had a really lovely night.” I blushed slightly again and hesitated. “Eh I don’t know, eh well ok then why not it’s a nice evening” I said. “Good, let’s get your coat” he said as he handed payment to the waiter and we stood up.

A few minutes later we were strolling along the paved walkway by the river. Meaningless conversation flowed between us, thoughts on live, business the local economy as we strolled in the fading light. Bright river side lamps kicked into life flooding the walkway with strong white light as the evening grew dark.

A small jetty poked out into the river a metal bench for those wishing to sit and look out over the calm river.

“Can we have a seat” I asked, my calves aching a little, still strengthening to the art of walking in heels again.

We approached and both sat down “Do you mind” I said as I took out my cigarettes from my handbag.

“Not at all, indeed I will join you” Kenneth said as he removed a small cigar case from his inside pocket. He took out a slim cigar and lit it offering me his flame I poked the cigarette tip into the light and inhaled.

“Thanks” is said “So do you think the contract will be awarded” I asked blowing a billowing cloud of smoke upwards away from us.

“I don’t see any problems I’m having a meeting with some of the other councillors tomorrow and we are keen to get it finalised, so I should be able to let you know tomorrow”

“That would be great” I said instinctively I reached out my hand touching his arm squeezing slightly. We sat in silence finishing off our smokes.

“I better get home” I said as darkness closed to a deep inky night.

“Ok I’ll walk you back to the taxi rank” Kenneth said.

A few minutes later we reached the taxi rank two cabs sat waiting for fares. Kenneth reached for the handle and opened the door I went to pass him.

“I’ve enjoyed our evening Amy” he said.

“Me too and hopefully all will go well tomorrow.”

Suddenly he leaned forward and planted a quick kiss on my lips; I blushed and quickly got inside the taxi.

“I’ll call you tomorrow” he said.

“Ok” I answered as the door closed and the cab began to pull away.

I sat in the back thinking about what had just happened. He had kissed me. It had taken me by surprise but nevertheless part of me had wanted it in fact a big part of me had wanted him to take me in his arms and snog the face of me but maybe that was pushing it a bit, my mind rolled away fantasising about the situation.

“Miss we are here” the taxi driver roused me from my comatose state.

“Oh ok, sorry I was miles away.” I replied as I fished in my bag for my purse.

Minutes later I was in my lounge I poured a large glass of wine and grabbed a cigarette lighting up I relaxed back on the settee and once more my mind strayed back to what had happened at the taxi. I could feel myself get hard as my mind replayed the incident.

With Amy gone for the last few days I was pretty horny putting down the glass of wine I stood up and freed my cock from its prison. Sitting back down I began to pleasure myself long slow strokes as I closed my eyes and thought of Kenneth touching me, my breast’s my arse his kiss firm and passionate, I stroked harder and took a deep draw on the cigarette. Now it was my turn my long manicured nails were pulling down his zip freeing his maleness from its cotton prison. My hand curled around it stroking it my lips engulfing it sucking hard another draw on my cigarette while I played with myself, finally I felt the tension erupt and my seed exploded over my hand splashing my stocking’s a final draw on my cigarette and I relaxed back. The night was over and what a night it had been.

Clinching The Deal

I woke the next morning still dressed in one of Amy’s nighties, I rose. Pulling on a dressing gown and some mule slippers I went downstairs and made a coffee, lighting a cigarette I looked outside it was a bright morning and I had the rest of the day ahead of me. My final day as Amy, what a blast it had been I was determined to make the most of it. Draining the last of my coffee and extinguishing the cigarette I left the kitchen and went back upstairs to dress for the day.

Over an hour later I was back downstairs dressed in a pair of tight blue denims which were tucked inside knee high black leather stiletto heeled boots. A tight white cotton top was under a short black leather jacket. My make up was a cross between evening and day wear. If this was my last day as Amy then I wanted to be noticed. I wanted people to see this sexy lady walking in heels through a busy shopping centre. I picked up my bag and stepped out into the garage. Opening the door I unlocked the car and got inside. The radio flicked into life to a popular pop channel. Taking a cigarette from my bag I lit up and then drove the car outside, a quick look around to see what oncoming traffic there was and then I turned out into the road. Amy was off on another adventure.

The shopping centre was busy with Friday shoppers and children enjoying their lunch break from school as I walked along the tiled floors my boots clicking loudly. I scanned windows just as any shopper would looking for bargains. Half an hour and hour time for a spot of lunch I thought. Back outside the centre I found a café at sat at one of the tables outdoors. I lit a cigarette and scanned the menu. Ordering a coffee and cheese and bacon toastie I sat back people watching as the crowds went about their business. A few gentlemen cast glances my way which fed my ego and increased my confidence as one in particular looked my way I sexily pulled on my cigarette the open mouth snap inhale so sexy and inviting as he walked past. Finishing my snack I paid the waitress my long nails having difficulty with the change. “First time you have had extensions” she asked “Yeah suppose I’ll get used to them” I said as she handed me back my change. “Have a nice day” she said as I turned and walked back out into the bust shopping centre.

An hour later I was back in the car, a shoebox sat on my knee opening it I took out the black patent heels I had bought, marvelling at the delicateness of them. The slight platform sole the narrow five inch heel the strap running from the back of the ankle round which had a gold metal buckle. A girl can never have enough shoes I thought to myself, which is why I had shelled out the best part of 75 quid for them.

I snapped out of my trance, shit what was I doing, I mean in less that 24 hours I would be back to boring jobless Andrew. Taking temporary contracts to make ends meet. So why had I bought the shoes? I really had got into character anyway it was all Amy’s fault for making me do this. Your lying to yourself Andrew I thought to myself, you had jumped at the chance to do it all again. Once in the blood always in the blood I thought to myself as I packed away the shoe and put the box on the front seat. Reaching for my bag I took out the car keys and started the engine. I sighed; well Amy can take them back and get a refund I thought as I glanced at the box once more. Backing out of my space I turned the car and headed towards the main road.

Back home I sat at the kitchen diner a hot coffee in front of me a freshly lit cigarette poking from between my red painted fingers. “Brrrnng” a sharp noise split the silence, I took a nervous drag and blew out the smoke “Jesus” who could that be, ,maybe I could just ignore them and they will go away, “Brrnng, Brrnng, Brrnng.” I rose and walked out of the kitchen a dark shape stood behind the door, slipping into the lounge I edged forward the bell rang again. I reached the window and poked my head gingerly round before drawing it back quickly, Kenneth Jackson was standing on the doorstep.

I moved back into the hallway and towards the door subconsciously I think I glanced in the mirror my hand fluffing my hair a bit before I reached for the door handle and turned it.

“Kenneth” I said as he stood with a beaming smile on his face.

“Amy I just called round to give you the good news” he said producing a bottle of champagne from behind him he brandished it in the air. “You got the contact” he said leaning forward his lips brushed my cheek. “Thought we might celebrate” he said. He stepped forwards past me into the house I closed the door, dumbstruck I followed him as he walked towards the kitchen.

“So you please then” he said turning to face me.

“Of course it’s great news” I replied.

“So where are the glasses” he said once more brandishing the champagne in my direction.

“It’s a bit early for me, and do you usually do home visits to give clients good news” I asked crossing my arms under my breasts I stood and watched him.

“Eh sorry I thought you would want to know, are you busy, your husband due home?” he asked.

“Eh no not till tomorrow” I said surprised that I had answered him.

“Well what’s the harm then just a little celebration drink” he said starting to peel off the foil from the bottle.

“Eh stop no I meant it its too early” I said becoming a bit nervous.

“Ok, ok if that’s what you want,” he said putting the bottle down on the worktop.

“Anyway thanks for the good news and I’ll speak to you soon,” I said.

He started to walk towards me and then past and towards the front door, I could sense his disappointment.

As we reached the door he turned, “Look if you won’t have a drink with me how about dinner again tonight ?” he paused “I mean you did enjoy the other night and so did I how about it beats a microwave dinner for one,” he said with a sort of puppy dog look in his eyes.

I looked at him and smiled “Eh I’m not sure, I mean…”

“What your husbands not home till tomorrow and he won’t mind will he, it’s only business, he’s not the jealous type is he?”

“Eh no” I stammered “I suppose…”

“Ok that’s a date then eight o’clock at the Setting Sun, I’ll ring and book a table ok?” he asked looking at me.

“Ok then” I said with a smile on my lips.

“Good see you then” he said opening the door he stepped out closing it behind him. What the hell I thought it’s my last night best make the most of it.

It took about half an hour for it to sink in that I had just agreed to go out to dinner with Kenneth again. I stood staring out the back window into the garden across our lawn. Weak sunlight lit the afternoon sky as I took a draw from my cigarette and blew a cloud of smoke towards the ceiling. “Well what’s done’s done” I said to myself in the quite lounge. “Suppose I better call Amy with the good news” I said crushing the cigarette out I walked back to the hallway.

I called the hotel and asked for Amy after a couple of minutes listening to some inane music her voice came on the line.

“Hi babes what’s new” she asked sounding bright and chirpy.

“We’ve got the contract” I said.

She let out a squeal of delight “I knew you could do it, well done babe.”

“Thanks, what time you coming home tomorrow” I asked.

“Well the flights at three, you picking me up” she asked.

“Can’t I need to go back to Sheila’s and get her to fix my hair and lose these damn nails” I said.

She sniggered, “Yeah forgot about that no worries, I’ll get a cab we are in the money now anyway.”

“Ok, so see you about dinner time.”

“Yeah fine I’ll bring in a takeaway, Indian ok with you?” she asked.

“Fine by me, see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah see, you oh and Andrew I do love you and thanks for this week.”

“Yeah ok, I’ll find some way for you to make it up to me.” I replied.

With a snigger she hung up and I replaced the receiver. I looked down at my booted feet the leather boots tucked into the tight jeans and reminded myself of the situation I was in. I glanced at the clock just gone five thirty time for me to get ready I had a dinner date to go on.

I ran a luxurious scented bath and lay back relaxing in the feminine scented waters. The steam of the water clouding the mirror. I thought about the night ahead, there had been a certain degree of reluctance about me at first but now I was eagerly looking forward to my last night as Amy. I intended to make the most of it, relax and let my feminine side take over and enjoy the experience.

Dressed in a fluffy dressing gown of Amy’s I sat down in front of the dresser and began my make up for the night. With flawless foundation and a light dusting of powder in place I began the task of adding the colour for the night. I wanted something noticeable not tarty looking but glamorous. Thirty minutes later my eyes were made up in grey and silver eye shadow dark eyeliner and mascara finished them off with a deep burgundy red colour on my lips covered in shiny lip gloss which sparkled as the light caught it. With the French tip nails glued in place I coloured the nail with a matching deep burgundy polish below the white tip leaving a rather dramatic look to the long nails.

For underwear I choose a black lacy strapless bra with matching thong panties and a suspender belt with sheer black stockings were attached to the belt.
I looked around Amy’s wardrobe for something suitable, I knew that some of her stuff would be a bit tight and she had also taken some of her better stuff with her to the conference. Then I remembered it crossing back to the dresser I opened the drawer. There it was a lilac boned corset that I had bought her. The corset was edged in black. Looking at it I thought yeah that would do, it would flatten my waist give me a bit more shawl or something over it, it would be just the kind of thing you see you women wearing today.

With the corset in place I chose a straight black skirt with a generous split up the side which would flash a little leg. I found a little black velvet bolero style jacket that Amy had and slipped it on. The new shoes I had bought today were a must. I’d never thought I would get the chance to wear them but as I fastened the last buckle on them I knew I had made the right choice. I walked over to the mirror and checked out my appearance. Hot that was not the word I thought as I looked at the sight before me , god I would fancy myself I thought as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

Glancing at the clock I noticed time was pressing, selecting some jewellery for the night I picked up Amy’s Eden perfume spraying myself liberally I dropped it in the bag with my cigarettes and lighter, my lipstick and a powder compact and purse I had already filled with some money. Turning out the bedroom light I stepped outside and headed downstairs to await my date.

I had only been downstairs a few minutes when the telephone rang picking it up I spoke “Hello.”

“Eh hello Amy it’s Kenneth”

“Oh Kenneth is there a problem”

“No it’s just I’m sending one of the council cars over to collect you he will be there in about fifteen minutes and drive you to the restaurant.”

“Oh there’s no need I’ll get a cab” I said.

“Nonsense you just have a drink and he will be there soon he’s already on the way.”

“Oh ok I suppose.”

“Good see you soon I’m looking forward to tonight,” he said as he hung up.

With some time to spare I lit a cigarette and poured myself some cool wine to wait, soon a car horn sounded and extinguishing the cigarette and draining the last of my wine I left the lounge.

Outside the night was cool but pleasant I could feel the cool air on my bare shoulders as I shivered slightly. Walking down the path, my new heels clicked on the pavement.

“Madam” the driver said as I approached and he opened the door for me.

“Thanks” I replied as I climbed into the dark BMW car being careful to be as lady like as possible. Inside I sat down, crossing my legs as a lady would my handbag on my lap. The split in the skirt opened slightly I left it. The driver got in and started the engine and we set off. I wondered what was going through his mind a Council Leader going out for dinner with a sexy woman who was not his wife. Probably thinking, dirty old man, using his position and power to cheat on his wife. He probably saw me as the mistress the slut the bit on the side. Secretly I was loving that thought and caught him glancing back once or twice as we drove on.

Soon we pulled up outside the restaurant I saw Kenneth finishing of a cigar as we arrived he stepped forward as the car slowed to a halt and opened the door. I got out.

“Amy you look ravishing” he said as he took my hand and helped me out.

I blushed slightly and said “Thanks” as I straightened the skirt and adjusted the bolero top.

The electronic window rolled down and the driver spoke.

“Do you want me to wait Councillor Jackson or come back for you” he asked.

“No that’s ok Graeme we will get a cab it could be a long night” he replied.

“Whatever you want sir have a good night” he replied as the window slowly closed and I could here the engine kick into life.

I wondered what Kenneth had meant be a long night as the car began to pull away, “Shall we” he said offering me his arm, I took it and we walked towards the busy restaurant.

The meal was a thing of beauty after struggling with getting used to using chopsticks with long nails I finally got the hang of it. Conversation between us was light but refreshing, in truth Kenneth was quite funny at times and his stories of his life and work entertaining. I chipped in with a few of my own carefully recreating the characters here and there to fit my female persona.
Soon the meal was over and we walked from the restaurant like before we lit up Kenneth with his cigar and me my cigarette as we strolled alone just like any couple out for the night together.

“Amy can I ask you something” Kenneth asked stopping by my side he discarded the remains of his cigar and turned towards me.

“Sure”

“It’s just I’ve had a great night and I wondered if you would like to go on to a club with me.”

I hesitated.

“It’s not a nightclub or anything just a Private Members Club I’m a member of we can get a drink and we can smoke in doors no bans like all your normal venues these days” he said.

“Eh I don’t know I mean I’m married Kenneth and so are you still”

“Yeah I know but it’s just I enjoy your company and I think you like being with me as well”

“Well I have enjoyed tonight, and we won’t be really late will we?”

“No I promise home by midnight.”

“Eh well ok then”

“Great let’s go then.”

We turned and walked on minutes later Kenneth reached out and took my hand and I let him!

Chance of a Lifetime

The club was rather luxurious after Kenneth had signed me in we found a booth among tall pot plants. The lighting was subdued but bright enough to see those around you. It was not busy maybe 40 to 50 people scattered around the rather expansive floor area. A solitary female keyboard player played cheesy pop, she was a reasonable signer and the volume was not too loud allowing you to have a conversation without shouting at each other.

A waitress approached as I opened my bag and took out my cigarettes.

“A bottle of our best Chardonnay, please” he asked, “That ok with you Amy.”

“Yeah fine” I said lifting the cigarette to my mouth.

“Here let me” he produced his heavy gold lighter and flicked it into life. I pushed the cigarette tip into the flame and inhaled the menthol smoke clinging to the back of my throat before I blew it towards the ceiling.

The waitress returned with our wine in an ice bucket and Kenneth poured we sat and chatted about all manner of thing’s. I was comfortable in his company as was he in mine. I found him intelligent, witty and a good interesting conversationalist. Indeed had I been single and really a girl I would have no doubt by now have been making plans to make this a regular date!

Another of bottle of wine later and I was beginning to feel tipsy. The keyboard player had now changed the atmosphere and slow ballads were now her choice as the night got older. I glanced at my watch just gone eleven. A few couples had now decided to dance on the small dance floor I watched them twirl around slowly in each others arms.

“Amy would you like to dance” he asked.

“Eh well I don’t…”

“Comon” he offered me his hand I took it and we stepped out of the booth.

I walked to the dance floor with him, his arm encircled my waist drew me in close my breath went short as my breasts touched his chest. My hand rested on one of his shoulders the other on his lower forearm. We moved slowly to the music its sound adding to the intoxication from the alcohol. I’ve no idea how long we were up there two maybe three different songs went by before we broke and went back to the booth.

“Maybe I had better get you home before I do something I regret” he said looking into my eyes.

“Maybe” I replied.

I followed him out of the club my arm linked in his as we walked a few short yards to a taxi rank to catch a cab. Soon we were in the back of a warm taxi driving back out of the town centre.

“I’ll drop you off Amy, it’s on my way.”

“Ok”

We were sitting close together I could feel Kenneth’s arm rest around the back of me. I moved slightly adjusting my skirt the movement appeared that I was moving in closer, Kenneth’s arm now slipped down and was now encircling my waist. I did not move it I did not move away just recline back a little. I knew how dangerous this was and as much as a part of my mind was telling me to start putting the brakes on this the other half was accelerating away with the occasion.

I could see the beginning of my housing estate in the distance a few more minutes just hold on. Kenneth’s hand moved to the side of my face gently caressed my cheek turned my face towards him. He was going to kiss me I thought, he leaned forward his lips met mine, my mind was fighting, stop this stop this now, but was if my mouth had its own mind. My lips parted his tongue entered filling my mouth searching for mine. Like my lips my tongue also had its own mind and it met Kenneth’s and they began to dance together.
We turned into my street his hand was gently caressing my leg moving upwards into my lap. Stop this stop this now, my mind screamed; finally my will snapped into place I eased Kenneth back.

“We, we can’t do this” I said.

He leant forward and whispered in my ear, “Amy I know” I looked at him quizzically he spoke again, “I know I know you are a guy.”

Revelations

Those last few yards to my door seemed like miles as the car crawled to a stop.

“Can I come in” he asked.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea” I said.

“Only for a little while just to explain, we can have a glass of champagne, celebrate the contract.”

I looked at him, “I’m not so sure we will have it after this” I said gesturing at my appearance.

“Five, ten minutes that’s all I ask just to explain”

“Ok” I said pushing the handle on the door I began to get out.

Back in the sitting room Kenneth asked where the champagne was I directed him to the fridge. Tossing my little bolero jacket on a seat I opened my bag and took out my cigarettes. My hands shook as I took one out and lit it I really needed it at that point. Kenneth’s revelation had stunned me to the core and that fact that he still wanted to go ahead with the contract despite my deception was even more surprising.

He returned with the open bottle and two glasses and poured us each a glass.

“Here” he said handing me the glass of bubbling clear liquid.

I had almost finished my cigarette such was the speed I was smoking, another followed.

“Ok then you wanted to talk” I said through smoke escaping my mouth.

He sat on the settee.

“So when did you first work it out” I asked.

“I’ve always known, call it instinct.”

Christ I thought I have been walking along all this time looking like some drag artist, people must have been having a right laugh I thought.

“It’s not that your not convincing as a woman you are” he added. “But I’ve just got a sort of radar for that type of thing.”

I took a drag on the cigarette and blew out a cloud of smoke, at least my first fear was not bourn out and I had not looked stupid.

I picked up my cigarettes and lighter an ashtray and my glass and walked towards a chair to sit down and absorb what was going on. As I passed Kenneth gripped my wrist her sit down beside me we can talk more. I sat.

“So what about the contract and all that you can’t seriously still be willing to give us the work after all this,” I said.

“Why not your bid or sorry your wife’s bid was the best and so was the business plan. I guess it was her idea for you to do all this,” he said. I nodded. “So there is no reason not to just to go ahead as planned.”

“But I mean I lied to you”

“It doesn’t matter; I lied to you a bit as well.”

“What do you mean” I asked lighting another cigarette and taking a sip on my champagne.

“Well you know when I said that I was getting divorced I didn’t tell you why.”

I looked at him puzzled by what he meant, “Not really any of my business” I replied.

“It’s just that I’m bisexual I like men the wife found out and now she’s left me. The club we were at tonight is a gay club.”

“What how I mean there were several women there.”

“Not all of them were women.” I looked at him is disbelief. “Yeah that’s right at least one was a crossdresser and two or three others including one of the waitresses are transsexuals.”

I was stunned and say quietly, I mean how could I not know this place existed, I mean this was not a big city; you expect places like that in big cities but not here.

“You know you looked just as good and as convincing as any of those Transsexuals and I mean I guess it’s not as if you have done this very often” he asked.

“Well a couple of times when I was younger, but not for a long time except one Halloween.”

“And have you ever, you know.”

“What” I asked.

“Have you ever been with a man or wanted to” he asked.

I blushed slightly and hesitated, “Eh no I’ve never been with a man.”

“You’ve never been curious I mean you seem comfortable dressed like that and you can’t deny we have had fun together.”

I became aware of his fingers running down my arm along my leg; shivers ran down my spine a heat generated in my groin. He looked deeply into my eyes. Reaching over he took the half smoked cigarette from my fingers and stubbed it out. He was partially turned towards me. His head moved in our lips touched once more, like in the taxi my conscious sense was to stop it right there, but something deep inside was stronger. My mouth opened we began to kiss.

The kissing went on for several minutes; I would be lying if I said I did not like it or that I was not being turned on by it. Part of me was still struggling with the urge to stop but deep inside I was burning with desire. It happened before I realised that I had done it. Somehow as if by auto pilot I had unzipped Kenneth’s trousers I found my hand inside massaging his cock my fingers wrapped around it running slowly and gently up the shaft.

I shifted position and got up. I looked down at him as he looked up at me. I could se desire in his eyes as he licked his lips. “You really are gorgeous Amy”

I knelt before him he rose and pulled away his trousers some more, his cock sprang out. My hand wrapped around it moving forward my burgundy lips kissed the tip, licked, opened sucked on the top slowly my tongue flicking at it. An inch, then a bit more, my mouth closing tightly on it, my lips running up and down the shat slowly, then more urgently. I had lost all guilt on what I was doing I wanted to taste it I wanted to pleasure Kenneth.

I picked up speed my tongue working on it as I rang up and down the shaft. My fingers with the long nails played with his balls gently caressing them then my mouth sucking them in one by one. I renewed my assault on his shaft more urgent more desire. I could feel him stiffen I could hear his moan as I continued then I could taste him the salty blast assaulting the back of my throat as he exploded within my mouth. I sat back wiping a little cum that had run from his cock on to my chin. He looked down at me “That was wonderful I think we should continue this upstairs.” He offered me his hand and I stood with him and followed him.

I looked at the clock on the bedside table it was just before 3am. It had been just over 3hours since we had come upstairs. I reached over and picked up a cigarette and lit it. Kenneth reached forward and planted a kiss on my forehead. “You ok” he asked. “Yeah fine” I said blowing some smoke across his bear chest. We lay in silence while I thought about the last few hours.

When he had entered me at first I had felt pain like no other, soon which had turned though to an ecstasy like no other. He was not gig in length as you here women crave for but he was thick. He stretched me and soon when I was comfortable with his rhythm and thickness I found myself begging for him, I begged for deeper which he could not do, I begged for harder which he did and then when he erupted inside me I felt a warmth that I had never experienced before.

The second bout of love making had been much more frantic passion poured from every pore of my body. I was engulfed in making him happy, pleasing him I bucked writhed and moaned and drove to meet his every stroke. Then as I thought our passion could not reach any higher he drove once more and I broke like a dam my own organ spilling its seed as I moaned in complete and utter satisfaction.

“So what now” he said as I took a final draw from my cigarette and crushed it out.

“Sleep” I replied “I’ve got a wife returning tomorrow.” I switched out the light and we snuggled closer.

Morning Breaks

I’m not sure what time it was but the sun crept across the floor as my eye’s flickered open. I could feel crustiness to them as no doubt eye make up and mascara had caked on them during my sleep. I rubbed them gently and moved my head. I rubbed them again; no it can’t be I stared across the room.
There standing in the doorway was Amy.

A dressing gown hung on the door of the en-suite bathroom. Amy took hold of it threw it across the floor.

“Put that on downstairs now,” she said in a hushed voice before turning away from the door.

I got up and glanced at Kenneth who was oblivious to what was going on and seemed still to be fast asleep.

Amazingly before I went down stairs I went into the bathroom and tidied up my hair. Quite why I did that I have no idea but it seemed like the right thing to do.

I padded downstairs in my bear feet and crossed to the lounge. Amy was standing over by the window her arms folded under her breasts. A lit cigarette dangled from her fingertips as I entered and sat down she took a long drag before blowing the smoke out in and angry fashion.

“Yours I suppose” she said picking up the cigarettes and the small disposable lighter. She tossed them at me. “Here your better take them you might need one.”

My hands trembled as I picked up the packet. I took one out and lit it my fingers trembling with the cigarette between them.

“So what do you have to say for yourself” she said taking a final draw from the cigarette and crushing it out.

“Eh I can explain” I mumbled “Go on then I’d love to hear it.”

I took a long draw on my cigarette and blew smoke towards the floor my eyes were finding it difficult to look directly at Amy.

“I… I just got carried away with the charade.”

She laughed a strong “Carried away, carried away, I think sleeping with Councillor Jackson is a bit more than just getting carried away.” She continued to snigger at me.

“It’s your fault anyway you asked me to do it.” I said with a tinge of anger.

“I asked you dress up yes, I asked you to meet him and impersonate me yes, at which point did I ask you to fuck him to get the contract.”

The words stung, remarkably I could feel a slight tear tumble from the corner of my eye, this was bad this was serious this could be the end.

Amy moved across the room and picked up the cigarettes once more, she took one out lit it and sat opposite me.

“Look Andrew I’m just a bit shocked that it’s gone this far,” she said looking at me through a cloud of smoke.

“What do you men gone this far.”

“I’ve got something to tell you and you won’t like it. I’ve been meaning to tell you for a while now but I didn’t know how to.”

I could feel my heart drop I reached for the cigarettes my hand so nervous I dropped the packet they fell on the floor I picked them up, pulled one out and lit it.

“Andrew I still care about you and part of me loves you but I’m leaving.”

“Eh why, we can work out what happened with Kenneth.” I said sounding a bit desperate.

“It’s not about today or last night, it’s been coming for some time now. I’ve changed Andrew, I don’t know when, gradually I think but I need different things now.”

“What do you mean different thing’s” I asked.

“In bed sexually I’ve changed.”

“So I don’t satisfy you anymore.” I said drawing on the cigarette.

“Well no, not really I think when I started the business and became my own boss I’m so used to being the one in charge, you know the one in authority.”

She left the statement hanging, “Yeah so what’s that got to do with your sex life.” I asked.

“Well now I need to be taken, I need to feel that when I’m in bed with a man that I’m his and he not forces me, but he’s the one in charge I’m there to pleasure him, meet his needs not mine. You know the complete opposite from my day where I’m in control.”

I stared at her, “I could do that, I mean remember we tried bondage once” I said.

“No you can’t Andrew, as I remember it, it was my idea and you were not comfortable with it. It’s not that you don’t satisfy me you did you probably still could at times. But what I need is a more strong lover, someone who can overpower me take me make me his, god sometimes when we play fight I can overpower you. Andrew you are a wonderful man, a gentle man, you are tender, affectionate and loving but I need more than that now.”

I sat silent letting what she had said sink in. “And have you found this Superman” I asked sarcasm in my tone. She did not answer but just nodded.

“So who is it then, do I know them,” I half screamed, she said nothing again just nodded.

“I do know them then, who is it?” I asked.

She was quiet “Well who is it?”

“Does it matter.” She asked.

“It bloody matters to me, someone sneaking around my wife.” I said.

“He wasn’t sneaking around in fact I went to him,” she said, her words stung like a sharp blade had just cut me; she had instigated it she had been the one who had started it.

“So” I said aware that a couple of tears were running down my face.

“I wasn’t going to tell you but it will come out sooner or later I suppose so, it’s Chris.”

“Chris, the van driver, my mate. The bastard.” I said.

“It’s not his fault he was there if it had not been him then it would have been somebody else.”

“Do you love him” I asked.

“I don’t know that’s what this week was all about he was with me at the conference, to see how we could get along.”

“So while I’ve been getting us a contact dressed like this you have been away shagging fucking Chris.”

“Yes” she replied.

“And”

“Oh ah don’t know I think I love him, we are going to give it a try anyway.”

I could feel another couple of tears run down my cheeks. I was so numb from the thing’s Amy had said I felt so betrayed by both of them and of course I also had a huge guilt over my part in this with Kenneth.

“Look, I need to be going we can talk about it again when we are both calmer. I don’t want the house you can stay here if you want I only want the business, after all it is mine I built it.” She said as she stood up and walked towards the door.

“Amy did you ever love me” I asked.

She turned “Of course I did stupid and a little part of me always will, but I’m not in love with you any more. We will talk again soon it’s not as if you are never going to see me again, and I hope in time we can even be friends. Oh by the way you remember the Halloween party,” she asked.

“Yeah, what about it.”

“Well do you remember sneaking outside for some cigarettes and then getting kissed by Spiderman?”

“Yes”

“Well Kenneth Jackson was Spiderman, seems like he has had his eye on you for some time. I would think carefully about what I do next he has a hose worth about half a million and lot’s of cash. I’ll see you around Andrew.” She said as her hand turned the door knob and she stepped outside.

I stood up and walked to the window, lighting a cigarette as I went, I gently pulled back the curtains an inch or so. I could hear Amy’s heels click on the path. She went behind a white transit van and then I could see her climb in. She leant across and kissed Chris on the mouth. The sound of an engine combing to life filled the air and then the van drove off.

I stood and watched it disappear a couple of tears escaped and ran down my cheeks. I looked around the deserted lounge that had once been ours the furniture we had picked together the photograph on the table of us on holiday one year. A couple more tears emerged as I drew on the cigarette. How had it all come to this why had I not noticed the change in Amy. Maybe it was because I was too wrapped up in trying to get myself another job and be the provider that I never noticed that she had become the dominant partner in the relationship.

I took a final drag from the cigarette and crushed it out, wrapping the dressing gown around me to keep out the chill that was in the air. I left the room and climbed the stairs. I stopped at the bathroom and went inside. I looked in the mirror. Some of my make up had run a bit; I tided up my face and then went back to the bedroom and opened the door. Kenneth lay propped up on a pillow.

“You ok” he asked.

“I guess” I said.

He held open the blankets and I walked over dropping the dressing gown on the floor I slipped in beside him.

His arms went round me and he drew me towards him mine went round his back as we hugged my head chin resting on his shoulder.

“I guess it’s just you and me now” he said.

“I guess” I replied as another couple of tears escaped my eyes.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I guess

laika's picture

***SPOILER WARNING***

Loved the ambivalent ending. A last line that defines the whole story, like Chinatown* or Eyes Wide Shut**...
It's dark but not cheaply, gratuitously so. Dumped, but the wife---if brutally honest---wasn't any more rotten about it than necessary. Has this new person (We can't call her Amy now, can we?) found her true self, the sort of love she always needed? Andrew was in love with the fantasy, and did enjoy being anally violated while en femme (just like me and former New York mayor Rudy Gulliane), but there were no great rhapsodies about some fantastic connection with Counsellor Kenneth, or evidence of anything but a passing, fantasy-driven interest in sex with men. So it's "I guess". Your details and prosaic dialogue give your stories a feeling of reality- even Professor Prick with its super-sweet ending. There were ample warnings that this wouldn't end like that one; but nor did you go off the deep end (ala certain forced fem tales) with making your heroine suffer. As always, an interesting well done tale.
~~~hugs, Laika
.

* "Forget about it, it's Chinatown..."
** "Fuck."

That Was A Dirty Thing For Amy To Do To Him

jengrl's picture

His wife was a real bitch for the way she cheated on him with his best friend. I hope that when they get to the divorce that he takes her for bundle. She set the whole thing up with Kenneth just to assuage her guilt for being a lying and conniving schemer. After him taking part of his settlement to help her with the business, she stabs him in the back like that. She knew that Kenneth would seduce him and she would walk in, thus relieving her of any guilt for what she was doing. That is pretty low!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Agree

His wife really manipulated him.

Very close to home.

Technical and artistic skill = A++

Subject matter = There were elements to the story that were extremely painful. My X was seeing someone before I was outed to the world in the most destructive way she could do it.

When you are my age, sometimes just having a warm body in the bed to hold you and comfort you will cause you to do what ever it takes to keep them there. "Where'd you go?", by Fort Minor, is a perfect illustration of how I felt.

Now 5 years later, I can see that despite the pain, it was good for both Margie and I. She got a "Manly Man", and I became myself. Oddly, the transition was like a Duck to water, it was the family and treatment by 4 square that hurt the worst. I knew that I was an honest, loving and decent person. It was the man part that did not fit.

I am looking forward to more from you.

Gwendolyn

Bittersweet

terrynaut's picture

This is a nice little story, though a bit sad at the end. I liked the way Andrew got pulled back into his true self.

This story could use some editing but I enjoyed it anyway. Thanks.

- Terry

Betrayal all around - By Amy, by Chris and by Kenneth

Karin,

You have managed to kick my sense of outrage into high gear with this story! The absolute betrayal of Andrew has me seeing red.

At age 42, at the urging of his wife, he takes a buyout instead of continuing on in a career he was very good at. Why? To help set her up in the business that was her dream. Two years later her business is doing very well, but a what cost to him? He hits bottom, forced to sell encyclopedias. Although he doesn't know it yet the respect she had for him is gone after she found out he crossdressed. But does she do the right thing and tell him and then move on? No. First she betrays him with his friend. Then knowing his weakness as only a lover can she sets him up.

At the end we find out the whole thing has been a plot by Amy and undoubtedly Kenneth too. How else would she have known that he kissed Kenneth when he went outside for a cigarette at Halloween? “Seems like he has had his eyes on you for some time.” And the payoff for delivering her husband was obviously the contract.

Getting him to crossdress and go out with Kenneth was her “other project brewing at the minute.” The Halloween party wardrobe “mix up” was patently a set up. Then she strings him along for another six months and sets up the final betrayal while she is off screwing Chris. (I wonder if there even was a conference?) The “sudden need” for Kenneth to see Amy when she “can't” get back. Utter BS. She would have been back in a flash if the negotiations had been for real. This was a make or break deal for her. No, she knows that the contract is hers. She bought and paid for it with her husband. And she smirks at him over the phone at the same time she is pimping him out. What contempt. What disrespect.

And while Andrew is not a saint he never has any intention of betraying Amy. He sends Kenneth away after he shows up with champagne. Tells him that they are both married and needs to get home after dinner. Yes he succumbs eventually. But he did NOT go looking for it.

Her “unexpected early arrival” back home for the “outraged confrontation” is laughable. She knew exactly what was going on and was there to take maximum advantage of him. Further proof of her collusion with Kenneth. With any luck he figures it out and kick Kenneth to the curb.

My only hope is that he fights her tooth and nail for 50% of the business and alimony. For what she's done to him he's owed that.

Wow. I feel MUCH better now. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, He Should Get All That and More

Story could benefit from a 12 mo later prologue where Andrew talks about the lawyer he got and the great divorce settlement along with how his life is going (much better) and how Amy wanted to come back home after a few months when she realized that she had walked away from a great person that no one else could match (but of course the answer was no).

nitpick

You mean epilogue

A nice tale, but. . .

I don't like the backstabbing, the self-indulgent holier than thou act of the -former- wife. I very much hate the sneaking conniving way she set him up. The cold-faced lying of 'I love you honey' to get him to agree in a charade which has been a set-up from the beginning.

In a way I am disappointed in the closing of this story, it was rushed imho, and a letdown in the way that you could see it coming from the very beginning, and it turned out it truly was a two faced deal, suited only by and for Amy to get her hands free at Chris. His one time 'friend'.. Gah, with friends like that. who needs enemies?

Andrew is waaay better of without her, she's cold, cruel and egotistical, so yes he gains with the outcome, but at a very hard way.

Well, like I've heard so often: Life is hard. Then you die.

However, the way you've told it was highly commendable and entertaining.

Jo-Anne

This was so good

I've read all your stories Karin, from the beginning until now. Every story is better and better. Your skill and technique has improved too. I've always loved your content. This was such a pleasure to read.
-Sharon

I could swear I added a comment to this story, ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... but it's gone missing. Anyway, Karen, congrats. Vickie Tern has competition. I do wish Andrew/Amy had resisted Kenneth's advances; at least that way, Amy wouldn't have been able to use the "You did it, too" bit (Which I'm sure she expected to be able to do..) and dump the guilt on Andrew - all the guilt would have been on Amy, who deserved it. Also, since Kenneth was in on the whole scam, I lost some respect for Andrew when he crawled right back in bed with him.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

The story is well written

The story is well written tho in the end, generic.

I've come to think of these as a sub-genre of the fem-dom stories i'd call -The stupid man- ... Behaviors previously scorned are suddenly accepted and the guy takes no time to ponder why... And at the last he has lost all self-respect just collapsing into the plot against him.

There are comments about how well he'll do in a divorce *laugh* there is no justice in court ...the winner is the side that twists the scene to show themselves best. In this case the GG will crush the dim-witted man easily ...

I suppose I've become a bit jaded after reading so many *shrug*.

The coward's way out...

is exactly what Amy took. She didn't have the courage to come right out and tell Andrew that she was leaving him. Amy was sneaking around with Chris long before the Halloween party. Amy used the Halloween party as an excuse, and ordered the costumes in the sizes they were. Andrew did everything for Amy, and she stabbed him in the back mercilessly. Amy had set Andrew up with Kenneth long before the "sales" meeting that was only a front to get Andrew and Kenneth together.

The female of the species is the most dangerous when on the prowl, and Amy was on the prowl to bring Andrew down. All Amy had to do was tell Andrew she wasn't in love with him anymore and that she had found someone new. A divorce would have been preferrable to what Amy did.

But this story cannot end here. The opening is too loose. We need to see what happens next. Will Andrew go after Amy, and get her business, giving her the business she gave him, back? This story the way it ended begs to be continued. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,

Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Well Written...

..though it's not the kind of story I enjoy. (It did seem implausible to me as the story progressed not only that Jackson had never met the real Amy but that Amy apparently believed she'd never encounter Jackson in the future and expose the imposture. Of course neither of those turned out to be true.)

Only reason I'm commenting is because I wondered about the readers looking forward to Andrew cleaning up in the divorce settlement. The way I read this, I don't believe Andrew has enough initiative left to press the issue, especially if his new partner the councillor satisfies his financial needs. Amy has left him a broken man and, with no one else to object, he's likely to stay that way and even eventually convince himself that he's satisfied with the way things turned out. My take, anyway.

Eric

For The Buisness

Eric

Thanks for the comment. The story is a one off and I was not going to continue it. It is somewhat losely linked to my own personal experience and something that happened to me a number of years back, although I've added the "Kenneth" part as there was no other partner involved.

My interpreation of Amy's actions are as follows yes selfish and trying to lessen her own guilt. But if you look at it another way she was also trying to give Andrew a new life. She maybe felt that his need to crossdress would always be there and she was releasing him to do as he wished.

Naive maybe but I believe when it happened to me that was her motive.

I'm Like Jezzi

joannebarbarella's picture

I thought I commented but when I checked it's not there. Must have pressed the wrong button again. Damn that Al Wotsisname.
You've tapped the BC mainstream this time Karin. I never could understand why "Cousin George" and "Professor Prick" (terrible title though, my dear) didn't resonate much more here. I thought/think they were lovely stories; and now you do something darker and score bigtime.
I enjoyed this too. Amy did go about manipulating Andrew in a mean and nasty way, plotting her exit from the marriage to her maximum advantage, having used his savings and support to establish her business. But life is a bit more complicated than that. Andrew's cross-dressing concealed deeper desires that let him very easily succumb (pun intended-Yuk) to Kenneth's charms, so the marriage was probably doomed anyway.
You've left this reader curious as to what comes next so I would be happy to see you do a sequel, but that, of course, is your call. Anyway, well done,
Joanne

this is tough

kristina l s's picture

As I read I kept wondering why he didn't question. The preoccupation with work? Well okay I'll go with that. It is as Laika said summed up by the last words, 'I guess'. All the shock and pain of betrayal. The knowledge of conspiracy, yet tempered with a hint of culpability. I suspect there will be a serious conversation in that bed as soon as she gets her thoughts in order. The whole thing bothers me and yet I don't think Amy was completely cold and ruthless, she did care... a little.
Damn, stories like this always get me going. I sort of lean to Jezzies view and yet....
Nice writing Karin.

Kristina