Without a Trace - Part 3: Some Answers

Printer-friendly version

Without a trace part 3: some answers,

Part 3 of without a trace

Jonathon slowly walked down the stairs to the kitchen where his mom was sat at the table just pouring a cup of coffee. JR slowly walked in and sat facing her; she did not look up for a few minutes as she slowly stirred in some sweetener. Without a word she pushed the pot forwards and JR poured himself a cup and slowly turned the cup in his hands.

“Well JR, do you want to explain?” Mom asked.

“Don’t know if I can mom I really don’t know how to explain it, it’s just something I seem t have to do it’s like my body don’t fit” JR replied.

Mrs Richards nodded and listened as JR stopped to collect his thoughts, she watched her child sip at the coffee and she noticed that dressed like that JR did not seem to be self conscious. In fact he seemed to be more confident and self assured, he went on to explain there was always this side to him and it was pretty strong. He went on to say he wished he could attend school as his alter ego and not worry about the insults that some of the jocks would throw at him even on the track field. As he continued Joanie walked into the kitchen in a crisp navy suit and sat next to her mother. The two older women looked at him as he talked and they listened as he went on to explain further on how he felt and Joanie looked at their mom seeming to be expecting an explosion. Mrs Richards just nodded and listened; when JR stopped she sat and thought for a few minutes.

“Actually I’m not surprised you father was never part of your life and well having just us two in the house you were sure to think that way” She said after a pause.

“No mom it’s not like that at all you know we are as a family blessed with perfect recall, well my earliest memory that I can remember is looking at Joanie and being jealous she got to wear dresses”

More and more information came out as Jonathon continued to explain what was going through his head, he felt he was starting to ramble and then he looked at his night wear and blushed. Oh my G-D he thought why the heck did he choose that brand. He hated the Bratz he was trying to find a teenaged look and only ever saw the black and deep purple. Just then there came a scream from outside and as one the three of them stood up.

Mrs Richards ran through the house to the front door to see a teenager being dragged into the back of a white van. Joanie grabbed her police issue revolver and dived out of the door, and with a yell dived down the steps. JR was frozen on the spot as he watched through the door, Joanie let off two shots into the retreating van and a school bag came, tumbling out. Joanie screamed in frustration as the shots missed the back tyre but before she could get another bead on the tyres a small body was thrown out of the van and tumbled against the sidewalk. Mrs Richards yelled at her daughter to put up her side arm and ran to the now still figure and knelt down. With gentle fingers she probed the body for any signs of injury and finding none she turned it over.

JR ignoring the way he was dressed walked to stand beside his mother and bit back a shout when the small body was turned over. This victim wasn’t a stranger JR knew her and he felt his anger start to bubble up to the front of his mind. He started to growl in the back of his throat and his mother looked up at him her face a mask of surprise. Without a word JR turned on his heel and stiffly walked back into the house. Joanie saw the way her brother was behaving and was rather surprised herself and walked up to her mother after making a note of the registration of the van whilst she remembered.

To be continued

Part 4 no longer a stranger

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intriguing

I have absolutely no idea where this is going, even after three episodes, and I love it. It has all the hallmarks of a good thriller but with a bit of TG thrown into the mix for good measure.

And I really appreciate the better layout and punctuation.

Nice one.

Susie

Interesting.

I love mysteries - ever since I was a kid. Wanna scooby snack :).

I have an inkling that JR may very well be more involved in this investigation where his (her? we do not know where JR is headed at this point) difference may be helpful.

Kim

Urgency

First I find the story to be interesting. However this ending lacks a sense of urgency to it. Everyone is calmly standing or walking around. Either the girl is injured and needs immediate medical attention (while the perps are excaping) or the girl is dead and no apparent rush to try to catch the escaping killers. Not what I would expect from one of the cities finest. Even IF someone else is calling 911 the truck ID info is vital to be passed on quickly.
Huggles

MichelleA
Chelle_MM

Urgency

There are two proffesional people dealing with the scene panic is the last thing they would do or want to see, Also no officer would try and take down god knows how many people without back up. Watch how the story unfolds and you will see why there is no panic

keep guessing folks the twists and turns will keep you guessing

loves and hugs Allie Elle

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

without a trace 3

nikkiparksy's picture

Yet another great mysterious chapter looking forward too how it turn's out as this is a gripping story.With i believe some twist's too come.

J.R.

Great chapter about him, now I wonder what he will do abour the van.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I so remember being jealous of Sis.

Yes, I know that part very well. This is starting to take shape. Very nice.

Khadijah