Drabble Saga 12: Don't Answer

Printer-friendly version

"Who?" Davey asked.

"Frankie the Nose?"

"I never heard of him."

Larry patted Davey's hand. "Don't worry, if you're not a member of The Industry, you won't be expected to know who he is."

Davey almost yanked his hand back from where it rested on Larry's arm, but wearing high heels made him worry about falling on his face in the middle of the street. His beautiful new face -- he reached up to touch his own cheek with a delicately painted fingernail. "He's in show business? Mr. the Nose?" he asked.

"Something like that. You ever watch The Sopranos?"

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

When Frankie the Nose finds out ...

she's really a he, will our poor victim find HERSELF singing soprano? IE Will the makeover will be made PERMANENT.

-- snip snip --

Talk about an offer you can't refuse.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Too good at the job

These people were all too skilled at turning a boy into a pretty girl. I don't think Frankie the Nose CARES what his date is or was. But the question of what Davey will be AFTER this "date" is still valid.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I agree

They've clearly done it before. Maybe that's the way the Nose's tastes run.

Nose-job

So what you're saying is that if Frankie finds out, she's likely to get a "Nose"-job ;)

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

names

Of all the nicknames he could have, why'd he pick "the Nose"?

It could be a handy euphemism

I mean, lets say, he's bisexual and very well endowed.

He's in the Mob and has a tough reputation, I assume. You are an underling in the Mob,. are YOU going call him Frankie the Ass Fu****, or Frankie the Fairy, or Frankie the Frankfurter or so on?

Frankie the Nose is so much safer, like you’re saying he has a nose for the business. Other nicknames could get you six feet under or Sicilian swimwear, AKA concrete galoshes.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa