Drabble Saga 2: Miss Taken

Printer-friendly version

Davey pushed long hair out of his face again. He liked to read at corner tables in quiet out-of-the-way restaurants where his noisy roommates couldn't disturb him.

He looked up, aware of someone looming over him. He expected to tell a waiter that, no, he did not need any more coffee.

Two large men stood between him and the room. "Come with us, Miss," said the one with the mustache.

"Miss?" said Davey. "I'm afraid you're making a mistake."

The mustache shook his head. "No. But you will if you don't come along without making a scene."

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Unhealthy

This mistake sounds like it could become extremely dangerous.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Drabble plus serial

equals awesome! A great idea!

Melanie E.

Pretty cool...

Are you going to spin out a wonderful tale in drabble-bits? Do you plan to continue How Could She Refuse? and Miss Taken in more drabbles?

The serialized coffee commercials (for Taster's Choice?)some years ago became "must see", so maybe a story in told in drips and drabbles could too.

Tomorrow

Those Lovely Bones

After that, who knows? :)

Love,
Lainie

Taster's Choice

The sad part about that series of ads is that the American audience never got to see them all. The original British coffee company took that romance further, but the execs at Taster's Choice the American brand didn't like didn't like something about the woman being a divorcee with a kid, so they stopped running them.