Mole Hunt Chap. 4

Printer-friendly version

Monday January 8 0600HrsThames House
Anika and Bart show up at the Thames House where they reported to Director Sir David Younger. Anika had shared what information she had been given to the Director and his aides. All of them had already been cleared by and could be trusted. The Director and his assistant were the only ones that knew they had come to England to find the mole.

Anika had been informed by Mouse that she ran routine computer scans on a random base. That way no one could predict when a scan was going to be done or what time it would happen. She also had her monitoring program quietly running in the background set to record all request for sensitive material. One log was kept on her computer system and a second log was sent to a secure government cloud account.
Only she and a few other cyber specialists knew about the cloud account.

When Anika and Bart showed up for their meeting. The information Anika and Bart about the director were impressive. The man had been in the British SAS and after six years joined MI6 and worked in a lot of hot spots. He served as an ambassador in Washington D.C. for England. Later, he accepted the post as the assistant director and when the director he was serving under retired. He had been selected.

When Anika and Bart walk into Director Youngers office. They were surprised to see a man in his fifties. He had salt and pepper hair and stood at least 6 to 6 feet’2 inches tall. He had a small vertical scar on his right cheek. It started just below his right eye and went at least two or three inches down his cheek.

“Good morning Ms. Jaager and Mr. Hardy. Please have a seat.” Director Younger motions to the huge leather chairs in front of his desk.
Anika and Bart take a chair each. Bart knew most Brit’s didn’t like American’s sticking their nose in their business, but it was necessary to bring in him and Anika for this hunt. They were unknown and work for a highly decorated MI6 agent.

He gives them a pocket containing agents that have been lost because of leaked information. The information inside contains files on the agents that had gone undercover in the gang. The same gang that Hatter and Dakota were gathering information about.

Hatter already had a reputation in England’s underground. Each agent had been found a week after contacting the gang. Their covers had been blown and if they had family. They had been killed as well.

The only way this gang could get information would had been from a source inside MI5/6. Their job was to find the leak and see how deep it went. There had to be more than one informant leaking the information. Bart was to make it obvious what he was looking for. He was to stir up the people.

Anika on the other hand was to do it quietly. Watch and listen to see who got spooked. Her cover was a person transferred from another department. While they were working inside MI5, mouse would provide support to them.

Monday January 8 1000HrsThames House
Mouse had gone through her scans of the camera system and didn’t find any intrusion into the system. She then went to the camera control room to access their computer systems to see if any one had entered system. While she was browsing through their systems. She discovered that someone had changed the maintenance log. It didn’t match the original log that had been backed up. The supervisor of the camera network didn’t know that the system kept a separate record. It was put in place because of when she uses to enter the system and turn it off. She would change the maintenance record to cover her entry.

When she looks at the original log and compare it to the one that the supervisor had access to. It was off by at least half-n-hour. Which meant they had a person in the camera division helping them. Mouse sets up a keystroke program to monitor all the stations. It was hidden, so only she knew where it was.

She also set-up miniature cameras around the office so she or Terry could monitor what was going on inside.

“Hey Mouse, what are you doing down here?” Alastair had spotted Mouse on his way back from lunch in the camera monitoring room.

“Taken care of a bad computer. I was on my way to lunch and Charlie asked me to come by and fix it.” Mouse was lying through her teeth, but knowing how scatter brain Charlie gets at times. He wouldn’t remember if he did or not.

“But I thought you were strictly a cyber-specialist?” Alastair knew Mouse worked strictly in the bottom basement department.
“I do, but it was a simple fix and it didn’t take long from my lunch hour.” A sweet innocent smile appears on her face.

Alastair couldn’t resist it when Mouse smiled. She was cute, and he liked her.

“Thanks for coming down to handle it.”

“You’re welcome. Simple things I can fix. Complex problems are beyond my skill level.” She waves good bye as she heads up to the cafeteria for lunch.

She takes her tablet out and writes everything down she has discovered so far. She encrypts the file and send it with her personal encryption code. She sends the information to Terry.

The Black Knight Monday January 8 1200Hrs Cab Stand
Terry was sitting waiting on a fare when his computer screen switches from the cab functions, to a clean background. A sexy female mouse walks out and starts dancing. Terry enters a code on his phone and the mouse starts undressing to a sexy song. As the she removes her clothes and toss them up in the air. They hover there, until Terry enters a second code and they form a second box with the information all scrambled. Terry presses the biometric scanner and the information decodes. The naked mouse lady runs off.

Terry just shakes his head at Mouse’s humor. He reads the information that Mouse sent and adds it to the file he’s compiling for Anika and Bart. Terry looks up when he hears a knocking on his passenger back windows. He forgot his yellow light was on. He unlocks the doors after blanking the screen.

“Where too, mate?” Terry watches as two military type guys climb in.

“8RY, 87 Hilltop Ave” The older gives Terry the address.

Terry watches as they sit back and watches as he drives towards the address they gave him. While they are driving. Terry records anything
they say and takes their picture. He runs their image through the law enforcement and military data base.

Terry pulls up in front of the address her was told. They pay him in cash and start walking towards a different building. As he drives off, the monitor beeps letting him know the information he was looking forward came through. He tints the glass and brings the information up on the screen. The first fellow he brings up is named: Sgt. Donald Ryan, Former United States Special Forces. The second fellow is Rex Wood, former English solider, dishonorable discharged. Both were freelance mercenaries for hire. Terry sends the information to Hatter encrypted using Morgana’s new encryption protocol. The burst to her and Dakota’s to be on the lookout fore. Terry gets flagged down by a couple. He leaves the back windows tint, but has the front go back to normal. So, far the energy levels of the cab were well into range. He takes the couple to down town London.

Monday January 8 1300Hrs Leaking Bucket Pub
Hatter and Dakota were meeting with members of her old gang at the Leaking Bucket pub. According to the information Hatter gave Dakota. The owner of the pub was also the leader of the gang. He had let Hatter stay in the basement when she first come on to the scene.

Julia and Laila who were staying with Hatter and Dakota had been taken to Shigeko to look after. Julia and Laila would stay with Shigeko, while Hatter and Dakota took care of what they were doing. Terry had received a call to come and get them first thing in the morning.

He didn’t mind dropping the kids off at the safe house Anika and Bart were staying at. While the kids were with Shigeko, she signed them up for an on-line school. Shigeko made sure Laila took her medication and was on a balance diet for her Diabetes

Once Hatter and Dakota were done with the gang. Terry will come back by and pick them up. He will take them back to Hatter and Dakota’s place. While the other team members were doing their job. Terry was learning more about the streets and quietly investigating the gang.

Terry already had a few leads. He had picked up some men that belonged to several local gangs. One of men that Terry had picked up was with the new gang. He had run their faces and fingerprints through the linked he had with MI6 and with other law enforcement agencies. Which included Interpol as well. All of them had police records and were wanted for one thing or another. Terry had been in contact with Alexa and she could get her hands on a 2013 Noble M600 Carbon Sport. She sent the specs to Terry and all the carbon fiber body could be replace with the new armor protection she had on Wraith. The engine was a Volvo-sourced Yamaha V-8 engine with 650 horsepower, which was less then Wraith. He had 6,000 horsepower and could go 0-60 in 2 seconds.

According to Alexa, the Nobel Carbon could go 0-60 in 3 seconds. Terry knew with some tinkering she could increase that time to 2.4 seconds. That would give them a second car to use and would blend in more than Wraith does.

Monday January 8 1330Hrs Leaking Bucket Pub
Hatter’s and Dakota’s cellphone beeps letting them know they just got a message. Dakota looks at hers and see a cat playing with a ball of yarn. She puts her finger on the scanner and it changes showing the pictures Terry took. The message said they should keep an eye out for them. When Hatter checks her cellphone. She sees a new top hat with a rabbit and tea pot. She scans her finger print and it changes showing the same pictures Dakota had received.

“So, Hatter. Are you and your new partner ready to pull a heist tonight?” Joshua looks at Hatter and Dakota.

Hatter’s face lights up when Joshua mentions heist.

“Ooohhh, who are we robbing tonight?” Hatter was a little excited about the job.

“Diamond store. They just got a shipment of diamonds in. We have a man on the inside, so it shouldn’t be too hard to pull off.” Joshua knew how wild Hatter could become during a heist.

“Who are we working with?” Dakota was curious.

“Luis and Baptiste are going with you. They have the details of the heist. Paolo is going to be your driver.” Joshua was watching Dakota’s reaction. He knew Hatter would do anything he asked of her.

Dakota just gives him a sweet smile “sounds good to me. What time?”

“Eleven tonight.”

Dakota looks towards Hatter “what you think partner?”

“I say, lets go and have some fun.” She had a sparkle in her eyes and a wide cheshire style smile on her face.

up
227 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonder how high up the

I wonder how high up the "food chain" the 'mole' is? Seems like he/she is near the top, or some of the information could actually be hard to get to and then pass on without getting caught.

Where to look and what for

Jamie Lee's picture

Part of uncovering a mole is knowing where to look and what clues to look for. Mouse took what information they had and expanded on it to discover that someone had messed with the camera logs. Only that person didn't know about the backup log, which gave Mouse the opportunity to bug the keyboards.

Terry, driving the newly improved cab, grabs bits a pieces which are added to the file they have.

Little by little, bit by bit, pieces will be eliminated until all the players are revealed. Until the players either acquire new lodgings or have a stone slab placed with their name on it.

Others have feelings too.