A Model is Born 13 – Breathe Fresh Air

Printer-friendly version


A Model is Born
13 – Breathe Fresh Air



By Jessica C



Teri is Terrance Carsten, Hattie’s twin brother
Who jumped at an opportunity to model as a girl with Hattie…
Now Attie and Teri are caught up in being a models…
The Slade Sisters caught in a mystique of their creation…
=^..^=~


It was a Friday before Mother’s Day that Glen decided to take me out. We went to an old fashion dinner up near the interstate and would go to a newly opened amusement area. It had a lot of different activities to choose from. The best part to my thinking we could do a number of things together as Glen’s purchase allowed a dozen activities; more than we’d be able to squeeze into an evening.

The dinner was simple and good. Glen had a good old-fashion quarter pound cheeseburger and fries. Needing soon to squeeze into my prom dress as well as summer fashions for magazine photo shoots. My dinner was a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad with a little fat-free dressing and iced tea.

I wasn’t expecting anything special between Glen and me, but we found it easy to talk. He had gone online and seen some of my modeling photos and others with friends from school. Glen had played soccer as well as been in the chorus. His real joy was working with sound equipment for bands and stage performances including plays.

Once at the fun center, we both agreed to play a golfing simulator. We’d tee off to play nine holes of golf. It was my first time swinging a golf club as Teri. The game and swing aren’t quite the same wearing a bra and trying to swing through with my boobs. Even wearing a modest B cup bra, my swing had my shot off. Once I missed the ball completely and the next shot dribbled off the tee.

Being almost six inches taller Glen’s arms coming around me to show me how to drive through the ball was doable and fun. Glen half laughed when he asked, “Does being a girl change your swing?”

I played ignorantly and asked, “What do you mean, what could be different?”

He stuttered and finally said, “Well, between when you were Terrance and now Teri, your body is different?”

I became shy and innocent asking, “How, I’m still the same person. What changes would be different? Do you think I’ve been changing?”

Another girl close by, “Teri are you going to tease your boyfriend or enjoy the game?” She said, “Buddy how much girl she is might be questioned, but your girlfriend has no problem in twisting you around her pinky.” Glen let out a laugh and agreed, as he told me to just hit it and play on.

I gave him a peck on the corner of his mouth and then I finally hit the ball and drove it about 120 yards with a small slice to the right. We stopped that after three holes. I used five of our coins to give him time in a batting cage. It was his third swing and a change of language before he hit the ball. But after that, he hit well better than fifty percent of the pitches.

When he tried kissing me in saying thanks, I questioned him. “You’re going to kiss me with that foul mouth?”

Glen smiled, “Haven’t you ever lost your cool when your modeling, maybe a heal broke or you tripped?”

I said, “Actually when I’m modeling, I’m least likely to lose my cool. I have been known to curse riding away.” I giggle and bump into him as I lose it a little. He holds me as I hug him around his mid-section. I like that he’s in shape.

It was eleven when he got me home and walked me up to my house. I was going to ask him to step in and meet one of my parents if they were up. But before I could he started to say goodnight and things like having a good time and kissing me. I waited until after the kiss to invite him in.

“I thought, you might want to get rid of me,” he said.

“Well, I’d rather introduce you as the guy who’s taking me to the prom. Maybe one of them will want to ask about the lipstick you’re wearing on your cheek?” He asked where about the lipstick as I pulled him into the house. I showed him a small mirror and as he looked into it. I kissed him with a juicy kiss saying, “There!”

Mom came into the kitchen asking, “So how was your night?” She was surprised to see Glenn. She turned back to me, “Teri, I am guessing you had a good time; could it have waited for you to introduce him.”

“He saw me to the door Mom, and something caused me to pull him into the house unannounced.”

“I’m Mrs. Carsten, Glen. I must say my daughter isn’t easily impressed. She must be liking you more than she anticipated. This is the kind of thing she does when she’s flustered.” I steam as mortification sets in.

Glen says, “I was confused when she pulled me into your house without warning me. I’m just hoping I’m not in trouble.”

Mom said, “If she had a problem with you, you would have known it directly from her. You’re not in trouble with us. Please be seated and what can I get for you to drink? You name it, I’ve probably had it or something close. Teri, you want your vitamin water or just water.”

Once Mom gets us things to drink, she says, “It is nice to meet you, Glen. I suspect you’d like me to leave you alone. Please don’t stay up too late. I’m sure he’s expected home sometime and you need to be up at a reasonable time in the morning.”

Mom walks out of the room and I excuse myself and walk out after her. “Mom, I’m not sure what to do. I couldn’t get myself to say good-bye even though it was a nice kiss. But now I’m not sure what to do?”

Mom says, “Leah did that once, I don’t know what she did but they weren’t there too long.”

We hear Leah speak up from the shadow of the hall, “I hugged the stuffing’s out of him, gave a great kiss and flattered him. After that, I didn’t need to explain anything. Now get back there and don’t leave him alone.”

I did my version of what she said, and after he was finished his drink he was soon on his way home. Hattie came home in time to see him come out of the house.

Once we were all in the house, I got teased by what I had done. It ended with Hattie and me in her room talking. She teased, “And you said you’d never like boys like that.”

“Maybe, but how was I to know, there was a change coming.”

=^..^=~


Saturday morning I needed to get the accessories I needed like new shoes or a current pair dyed. I arrange for a salon appointment and Hattie helped me figure out jewelry and stockings.

Patti called, wanting to go to a mall. We didn’t need anything in particular but four of us wanted to just go look and try on clothes. We didn’t expect to buy anything but we each bought a couple of things we like. I sometimes feel awkward around Patti but it helps to just do things and see her as my friend.

Mom finally texts me to come home. Dad was taking my sisters to dinner, while Mom was taking me out alone for some reason. I guess she had already talked to Hattie as our modeling group is wanting us to look more mature and daring. They also wanted to push the mystique of whether I’m a boy or girl, even letting out rumors that I’m a boy transitioning to a girl.

“Mom, I am, but it doesn’t mean I want to be under the lights of the tabloids at every turn. I want to be left alone to make the transition in my time. I’m sure guys like Glen don’t want the camera and eyes of others hounding us. You know some of it could be ugly and hurtful.”

Mom said, “I pushed them off until after the school year is over. I even threatened to say the two of you didn’t need to model if things get bad for you.”

“Mom, Maggie Briggs and Jan warned us this was coming sooner or later. Attie really loves modeling; I’m sure she doesn’t want to stop. She and I even imagine things like this when we were young.”

Mom asks, “You imagined, you’d turn into a girl?”

“No Mom, we imagine being famous models and people would follow and annoy us like they do the stars.” I pause and think. The truth was most of the time we did the pretending, we saw us both as female supermodels. I like the imagining but as far as I remembered there was no talk about me being a real girl. It was all pretending.

=^..^=~/strong>


I was more fascinated, watching Hattie as the school year was winding down. She played softball, though our sponsors didn’t like it. I liked watching her play and little girls and bigger boys watching as she moved. I’m trying to be like her as another girl, yet be different and definitely not her shadow.

I became a better student like her. I was actually doing better in the business and finance class at the college. She was taking another class; surprisingly it was me helping her more often than not.

When it came time for the prom I was again flustered as a girl. Glen and I dated again and my feelings around him only grew stronger. My breast nipples and other areas became excited and got hot. My body was changing enough to begin showing. I liked how the small change to my hips and bottom made we look much more feminine in my gown.

When I tried it on again, I was afraid Briggs was going to say I needed it altered some more. She smiled and just said, “Poor Glen, I’m not sure he can handle a girl like you. You’re a fashion plate. He’s no beast but you’ll actually look beautiful.” It was interesting as a model that was said about Attie, but rarely about me. I’ve finally learned how to do my makeup well and move like a regular girl.

My gown had a bra support shaped into it. Thus I wasn’t wearing a bra with it. I’m sure Glen’s parents noticed, but I’m not sure his mother liked how I looked the same way as his father. She was nice enough, but a little bit colder to me than I expected.

Ironically Glenn was having a good season playing baseball and helping the team. He was now being admired as being one of the team and from our school. It can take a long time for new people to be accepted into the community. He hit a home run the night before to help beat our arch rival, who were usually conference champs.

Come prom day, I’m at the salon with some of the most popular seniors. I enjoyed being part of the girl chatter. But it’s me not feeling fully accepted. Yes, I grew up going to this school, but this is the first year I’m a girl. Two girls reminded me of the fact, one not so subtly.

Patti was going to defend me, but I stopped her and just let the remark die its own death. I chalked it up as another time I was growing up and taking on my own responsibilities.

My hair was nicely set with plenty of curls, my fingers look exquisite and when I’m finally in my heels having pictures taken I’m prettier than ever. I saw other girls that were as beautiful if not more so than me or Hattie, but I treasured being on Glens’ arm.

I wondered how many other girls were as happy as I was that I could dance backward without tripping. I had a wrist corsage that Glen bought me. And I carried a long stem rose to cradle it like a scepter. I checked my phone at the prom and my mom and Glen’s ma already had posted our pictures. I’m surprised even a few of our fan groups are reposting the pictures marking like.

When our dates went out for fresh air, Patti and I danced once before we went out to be with them. Coming back in we needed to use a restroom to freshen up. There were two photographers that people hadn’t recognized. I worried about them creating an incident. I talked with Hattie and Patti, but it was Connie a senior girl that helped my decision most. “You’re a girl do what you regularly do at school. If it’s a problem with someone the worst that could happen would be some of us would apologize. It’s our prom too, don’t worry.”

I guess one of them took a picture of me going in, but it wasn’t to cause a problem. It was part of our people not letting us know they were there. Needless to say, we gave them a hard time and there was an anonymous donation to the school as compensation.

Me, I spent hours the next few days after the prom checking my pictures and Hattie’s and our friends. I could come home after talking with others and get a text or call and start talking all over again. I knew I hassled my sisters about the same thing. I would sit cuddled with Glen at his house, taking him through picture after picture. I knew he wasn’t interested as much as I but his hand went under my blouse now and then. Once after his mother passed through the living room where we were; I asked if she ever said anything about my braless gown.

He chuckled, “Before or after all the nice compliments came in on how beautiful her son’s date was? My brother Dean told me not to get upset with our Mom eventually she likes the girl and says she always did. My sister back in Colorado says she had it worse that no one was ever good enough for our father or our mother.”

“Speaking of that my sister wonders if you ever model out there or do a photo shoot with the Rockies as a backdrop?”

I said they are looking for a good place to do photos for the winter fashions that would probably be a good location. It was decided two weeks later to do it, but by then Glen and I were old news. He met a girl who was going to the same college come fall.

Glen was smart enough to not to say anything until after his graduation party. He told me two days after. I was upset and also felt like a jerk for liking him so much. Dr. Woods let me waste a whole session bemoaning what happened. Before we closed our session she got me to admit, ‘He wasn’t my forever love’, but I acknowledged, ‘Glen helped me realize I could love a boy.’ I argued that Troy did that. We kind of agreed that was more sex than love, not to discount sex.

=^..^=~


Attie and Teri Slade would be going to Colorado to model winter fashions outside on mountain tops and along the continental divide. Independence Pass east of Aspen as well as in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was early July and finding snow covered areas was no problem. The evening and nights we even got to wear some of the fashions out on the town.

If the setting wasn’t beautiful enough my sisters and I were introduced to the music of the dead singer, John Denver and his songs of the Rocky Mountains, the Aspen trees, and Aspen the town that decorated the scenery there so well.

One night we spent a night out near a timberline lake engulfed in the midnight sky another night we up late on Independence Pass. The stars felt almost close enough to touch and falling stars, small pieces of comets, was bright enough to give the feeling of a fire in the sky. I wasn’t big on poetry but becoming a girl and having the experiences I’m becoming a romantic and sense things as vivid images.

Upon the mountain or down in the villages we got many invitations from guys to help keep us warm. Funny enough Hattie and I felt safe and good cuddled up with women on our crew when we were up on the mountain. Roscoe joke, “Hey, I would have dressed as a woman, if I knew it was the way to your heart.”

He didn’t know it, but Hattie and I both imagined him fitting into different size 12 outfits. He wasn’t much older in his twenties and his face still had a fair complexion and his hair was a long, curly dirty blonde. The last full day we had given Roscoe a whole outfit including ankle high boots to wear to our farewell party. Roscoe showed up a little late, wearing the outfit we got him. Jesse his girlfriend helped him; making him into a plausible woman. Jesse, Rose now and we spent part of the evening enjoying one another’s company. Jesse thanked us, saying, “You don’t know this but your being here helped Roscoe to show more of his tender side while you were here. I even got him a nice nightie that I hope to enjoy him wearing tonight.”

Our parents were along making the time a vacation for them. It was nice for all of us as they stayed to their own with older adults. We got to be more with a college-age crowd. We swore that we’d be back for more modeling excursions for fall, spring and summer fashions. That transpired over the next three years.

=^..^=~


Our work in Colorado went all too quickly; the only saving grace was we were going to Sweden, Scotland, and London for fifteen days in August. Each place we worked some and vacationed. It was surprising to me that famous people there would send us invitations to dine with them, even once to stay in a small castle.

When we were up in Sweden modeling outfits out in the snow with bright green pine trees in the background when I fell. Being stubborn and having a wet panty from having fallen in the damp snow, made the last two hours of our photo shoot less comfortable for me. The irony to me as I heard of similar occasions about girls when I was growing up. It seemed to me they were just being pansies. Now being a girl, I find things are not what I thought. I’m expected to grin and bear it because some cocky photographer doesn’t want to change his schedule.

It is nice that in Sweden most everyone speaks English well. The Swedish accent, the Scottish brogue and the difference in England’s English were all amusing to us as we were to them. Attie and I got to wear and model Scottish kilts as well as English tweeds and the colorful wool fashions of the Swedes. It was our biggest excursion where we got to model for clothing firms there. I guess there is a prestige their media and fashion people get in having someone from the Americas in their promos.

I fell in love with two Scottish kilts and ended up buying and wearing one outfit I loved and bought. Along with the kilt, I purchased two beautiful satin blouses, a sash and bonnet or cap of the same plaid. I got the other kilt outfit in mini-skirt fashion as part of my compensation for modeling. We spent a few nights out in a remote village on the west coast of Scotland.

Most places Attie and I got to drink small glasses of ale or a Scotch whiskey. That would quickly warm my innards but with a good meal, I found I could even handle a second glass. Boys our age were usually afraid to talk to us or several needed a large mug of beer before they worked up their courage to ask.

Finally, Attie and I asked some boys why they weren’t talking to us. They were scared we’d think them too young. One boy the next morning went catching lobsters with his dad and had invited us to his folks for a lobster dinner. When he was forward with me his Mom took him out of the room and I heard her telling him he needed to go to church and be forgiven. Thomas and I went for a walk with Sean and Attie. Thomas was surprised when I told him that I still had parts like a boy. I guess when his mom had told him I was a girl of the world that was part of what she was trying to tell him.

=^..^=~


Our Mom being a teacher and having the summer off, enjoyed the side trips immensely. She’d pick up teaching packets at many of the stops. Museums and hostels we good sources to find those that would be great for her fourth graders.

If we continued at modeling and remained good she wouldn’t need to work. Sometimes it was challenging for her trying to be with us as much as she did. We liked occasional times without her, but things went much smoother having her along.

London made us feel like we made it big time but we knew our modeling, be it on the runway, or in front of the cameras, were not yet major shows. We were able to attend one such show and gala, where the models were world class. Seeing them strut their stuff sparked us to want to be better to get where they were.

We bumped into Liya from Ethiopia in the hotel we stayed at and got to speak to her and Anita at a dinner. A photographer asked for a photo of us with them, which they agreed to. Someone asked them what they thought our chances as models were. Attie and I held our breath because we knew they didn’t know us from Adam. Liya was having difficulty saying anything. Anita from Britain finally said, “Attie and Teri have a natural talent. They just need more time to gain the experience and a bit more professionalism. They have already found their niche and make a good show of it.”

Liya said, “We’ll be watching out for them.”

When we were asked, Attie said, “We’re not near their class but we dream and watch to learn. They’re some of the best we’ve ever seen.”

Anita leaned to me and whispered, “A birdie told me you’re transitioning.” We talked and she told me growing up she felt she was in her sister’s shadow. Her advice, “Don’t compete with your sister, just do your thing making it yours…”

When we got to our room at the end of the next day. There came a bouquet and it was signed Liya and Anita with Love. Attie asked, “Do you think they really did that or it was an agent or someone else?”

“The way Anita spoke up for us to the photographer and the guy asking the questions. I think we assume it was them. I kind of doubt they have the same agent or PR person.”

We’re packing up to return to the states when mom comes in to check on us and remarks about the flowers. “Don’t you think that was really nice of those models, sending you flowers? They asked if you would think it was a waste to get them at this point in your trip.” Mom told them to us they were above rock stars.

She said, “You impressed Liya. She had been told all American teens were spoiled. And from what she saw of so many tourists, she seemed to think it true.”

I moaned, “Mom tells me you didn’t tell her we are spoiled please.”

Mom said, “You’ve been more spoiled being models. But no I wouldn’t have told them that even if you were acting it at the time… If it’s not hot out tomorrow, Liya would like to see one of you in a kilt tomorrow.”

Hattie said, “Maybe we should change quick and go tonight.” We both jumped up and ran to our room to change. Mom was saying, no. But we continued to change into our outfits hoping for the best. I put on my mini kilt and Attie hiked hers up and brought her blouse down over it.

Mom came into check on us, saying, “I know you heard me say, ‘no’. I meant it.”

We teamed up against her in a cute way, “But Mommy, there won’t be another chance like this. And I know where they’ll be at” After we didn’t let up, Mom gave in. We had to wait for her to change. She was sure we wouldn’t have been let in without her. Luckily we also took one of our flyers. The doorman wasn’t going to let us in, even with Mom. It was the flyer that confirmed who we were.

We expect Anita and Liya were forewarned of our being at the door and we were approved to go in with a proviso. “You can go it, but you’re not to make pests of yourself. Remember this is an adult place. Don’t go in if you can’t handle it and no pictures.”

We had trouble finding them in the crowd. Liya was actually looking for us, or we might not have. They weren’t wearing anything special. Hoping by dressing casually they’d not draw added attention to themselves. It was neat to show our outfits to them. Liya grabbed the bottom of my skirt to feel the texture of the material.

They had friends with them and we knew not to take a lot of time with them. But we were asked to sit down when we tried to walk away. They introduced us to Gisele asking if we were friends in America. I think Gisele was embarrassed as she did not recognize us or our names. She did, in fact, know of us, but as she said there were way too many people to remember.

We were once again asked by some who was the boy who’s so convincing. Gisele guessed I was the boy, but wouldn’t tell how I gave it away. We gracefully left and were complimented for not taking photos. I said as we left, “It wasn’t that we were sorely tempted… it was so nice to see them relaxed and enjoying themselves. It was even more so than at the dinner.” Liya’s shirt dress was so short my eyes kept darting back to her.

Mom asked, “Is Gisele related to someone else famous. It seems that I heard her name somewhere else.”

“Dah Mom, Tom Brady’s her husband.” Attie says, “Knowing you Mom, you probably know her for her social caring. You’ve also seen a younger poster of her in our room.”

We touched down in the US at a New York City airport and the next day to Indianapolis and then home.

I hadn’t heard from Patti the last three days and we soon found out why. She had been in a bad car accident…


To be continued…

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So sad to hear about Patty

So sad to hear about Patty being in a terrible car accident. I do hope for her sake and their sakes she recovers from it with little after effects.

Ouch! Nasty cliffhanger!

I sincerely hope that Patti wasn't seriously injured in the accident.

dead singer?

I am enjoying your story very much, but I am a bit disappointed that the best you could think of to say about John Denver was to refer to him as a 'dead singer'. He was an American icon in the music business, with millions of fans around the world.

dallasgirl

The Key Word There is "Was"...

I'm not sure how much Teri's generation knows or cares about his music; doesn't seem to have much in common with what's out there now.

Eric

Yes, I expected a comment like this and appreciate it...

The thing is Teri and Hattie are young and not familiar with the music. Consider being in Aspen or up on Independent Pass in the dark of night and the music brings the surroundings to life. They are greatly impressed to hear his songs capturing what they're seeing. It even moved them to do something John Denver was known to do. That is spend the night out in the open and take in the beauty of the stars and sounds around them enjoyed with having friends around.

Alas I could enjoy someone capturing such music today.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Patti

Oh no poor Patti, I hope she will recover. Also what is Hattie’s problem with her sister sometime?

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

I hope Patti

Samantha Heart's picture

Is ok. She has helped the girls so much. Yes I do mean girls Teri is (at least to me) no longer Terence. She HAS started to transition after all.

Looks like some of the professional models are in their corner and standing up for them in that they just need more time to develop as models but are WELL on their way.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.