Daily life of a 'Trap' 6

Printer-friendly version

Luke's POV

“What’s the problem with you two?” Asks Mrs. Underwood.

Tears start forming in my eyes. I can’t help it. I’m not good at dealing with getting in trouble

“Nothing, Mrs. Underwood. We just met each other before and were surprised that we saw each other.” Tracy says sweetly

She looks at me for my reply.

I speak up in a raspy voice, “T-that’s right.” Wiping my eyes.

“Alright, but I expect better of both of you. I can understand Luke but you have no reason to act up, Mr. Morgana.”

Tracy sighs as if he’s annoyed by something “Mrs. Underwood, just because I’m a… Morgana doesn’t mean I am prim and proper.” Tracy snorts ‘Morgana’ with a disgusting tone as though it’s the worst thing in the world. I wonder why

“What do you mean by Morgana?” I ask curiously.

“Do you not know?” Mrs. Underwood seems surprised. I shake my head. In an almost snooty tone, “The Morganas are known for their international corporations such as Morgana Airways, Morgana Technology, etc. They are the wealthiest family in the world. Mr. Morgana here is the sixth of seven brothers.”

Huh, Tracy is from a rich family. That’s cool, I guess. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s adorable

“Don’t remind me.” Tracy quips. He seems to really dislike his family. He takes a glance at me looking for something

“Now that we got that out of the way. I am SURE that your antics won’t happen again. Will they?”

We both moan a little out of sync, “Yes, Mrs. Underwood.”

“Good, now get back to class.”

I walk into the lunchroom and get into the lunch line.

I see Tracy sitting there alone staring off into the distance while taking delicate bites in his sandwich. He looks as pretty as a painting.

When I get my lunch, I look for someplace to sit. I knew no one. I really hate to sit alone. I hate being alone. I think of Tracy and swivel myself to his direction. I still see him staring off into the distance.

“Don’t do it.” Warns a boy. “If you even mess up, he’ll sue you and your family for everything you own. You can sit by me if you want.” The boy pats the seat next to him.

I thought for a moment and realize that maybe Tracy doesn’t have any friends. I hate being alone and I’m betting he does too.

“Thanks, but I’ll take my chances.”

“Suit, yourself.”

I walk, sit, and set my tray down in front of Tracy. He looks up with a poker face

“What do you want?” Tracy says neutrally. He looks like he’s trying to determine me for something.

“Well, I saw you alone. As the ‘new kid,’ no one wants to associate with me yet and I REALLY hate being alone.”

He simply says, “I’m not buying that lie. What do you REALLY want.”

“Human companionship.” That isn’t a lie.

Tracy stares at me with those mystical green so hard, I could feel him staring into my soul. He smiles a tiny bit, but composes himself.

He then blurts, “What did you mean yesterday ‘by the cherry blossoms’?”

I fluster, “Uuuuum. You know, the cherry blossoms. By the um trees.” Giving him a sheepish grin

“There aren’t cherry blossom trees.”

“There isn’t!?” I face-palm myself out of my own stupidity.

Tracy giggles in a soft dulcet voice that made my heart melt.

I look up and smile, “You have a really adorable giggle, did you know that?”

Poker-faced, he says “I’m not going out with you.” Then gets up and leaves without a second thought.

“Oh, I made him run off again.” I muse. I imagine his giggle and feel myself grinning like an idiot.

I choke down my food and decide to meander through the halls.

“How did you do it?” Says a feminine voice behind me. I turn around and it was that boy from before standing a few feet away from me.

Now that I get a good look at the boy. He was very effeminate. Not like Tracy, but he has long crimson dyed hair and a slight build. If he wore girl’s clothes. He would look just as cute as one too. Maybe even cuter. Is this school filled with traps?

“What do you mean?” I play dumb.

“You know what I mean. How did you talk to Tracy without getting on his bad side?”

“Hmmm, I don’t know. He’s a pretty nice person why what I can see. Why do you ask?”

He looks pleased by that answer but still icy, “None of your business.”

“Uh huh. Anyway, I going to go now. See ya.”

“WAIT! What’s your name?”

“Luke, Luke Wagner.”

“Thank you.” He starts walking off.

“Hold on. That’s no fair. What’s your name?”

“Hmmm, Robert.”

I thought for a moment. That’s not a very good name for a boy like him. At least Tracy has a gender-neutral name. Even if it leans girl. If I had to choose a name it would be “Rose.”

Immediately the boy blushes a very pretty red.

“H-how do you know that name?”

Frantic, I ask “Wait, I said that out loud?” Robert’s silence says all that was needed to be said, “I’m sorry, I was just thinking about how the name you gave me doesn’t fit you. Then I thought how rose would fit you because of your red hair and kind of prickly personality.”

Robert's face turns to different shades of red. I could almost see steam rising from his head. He takes a step, “I-IDIOT!” He runs and punches me right in the gut sending me flying.

I could barely see him from my position on the ground, but he ran off.

I lay there thinking about what the hell just happened. The bell for the next class interrupted my thoughts.

~o~O~o~

I apologize for taking so long. My internet went down on me.

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Duplicate

Me thinks you posted this chapter before

hard to tell

Especially in the beginning but this one is from Luke's perspective the other is from Tracey's. I would recommend as a reader that if you are going to due the same scene from two points of view that you note in the beginning which is which, however to each there own.

Seems a repeat

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Gotta agree with the others, this chapter seems a repeat of Tracy's POV since it's not clearly marked, especially the part of Tracy's disgust about his name.

I was hoping it would at least make it to the point of catching up to the Tracy's last scene before ending. The chapters are woefully short so it is difficult to distinguish between PoVs when so much is similar to the other.

The first couple of chapters kinda put me off, since a trap is generally an intentional choice, trapping an unexpecting suitor. Luke's use of trap seemed derogatory at the time. I try no to draw too many conclusions right away. If it weren't for the first Luke chapter, I probably wouldn't be reading it anymore, that's why I'm glad I gave it a bit longer. I have been endeared far the last couple of chapters.

I hope to see Luke's view catch up to Tracy's soon. Longer chapters would certainly be nice though. I'm sure others would agree, but we gladly take that which is offered.

RE-Read

Now that I read it a second time I see it is different. Sorry I am so confused LOL

Twins?

Jamie Lee's picture

What has Luke stumbled upon with two boys who look more feminine than masculine?

Tracy hates how he looks and is treated at home, so he's hiding behind some tough shields.

Robert is the real puzzle now. He acts icy towards Luke, then when Luke verbalize the name Rose, Robert punches Luke in the stomach.

Could it be that Rose is both boys mother since they have the same general feminine appearance?

Others have feelings too.