Lizzie Jane's Wedding, Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

This is a short chapter, but if you want to see a longer version, go to "Escape from Gorilla Island, Chapter 2" at Fictioneer.org. This is where two stories eventually collide with each other.)

For the full story, read "Return to Gorilla Island" and "Escape from Gorilla Island" on www.fictioneer.org

This particular chapter is explained more fully in

http://www.fictioneer.org/content/escape-gorilla-island-chap...

Lizzie Jane's Wedding
A Lizzie Jane Story
Chapter 2
 
By Billie Sue Pilgrim

 

 

"Jake, could I borrow your car?" pleaded Lizzie Jane. "I gotta go somewhere right away."

"Of course. I taught you to drive and you have your license. Where you going?" responded Jake.

"I got a letter from Shirley and Christie and they just called Dr. Brown's office from a bus stop. Lucky I was here where he could find me. They are coming up from Miami on a bus and I have to pick them up in Ft. Payne since the bus doesn't come this far."

"Drive carefully. Wish I could go, but gotta work. My dad has got to get his hay in before the storm comes." said Jake.

"Okay. You know I will. I need to hurry because the bus will be there before me if I don't. Will you see that Uncle Jed gets his pickup back?"

"Good as done," answered Jake.

Although excited as a hog going after slop, Lizzie Jane tried to drive within the 60 mph speed limit, although she exceeding it a few times.

Arriving at the bus station, she learned that the bus was expected within the hour. 'Just made it', she thought to herself.

When the bus whirled into it's parking place, Lizzie Jane strained trying to see Shirley and Christie. It had been just over seven years since they had said their goodbyes after their experience traveling through time in the Bermuda Triangle.

As Shirley exited the bus with Christie immediately following, Lizzie Jane recognized them immediately. She ran to hug their necks when she saw six children tagging close behind them as if they were all together. 'Wonder whose children these belong to?' she thought to herself.

Looking at the children, Lizzie Jane asked Shirley, "Do all these belong to you?"

"No, but they wanted to come anyway," answered Shirley.

Lizzie Jane began to hug their necks when her eyes fell on a small gorilla. He made her think of George and a moment of sadness filled her heart. "I used to have a playmate just like him", she said. "What is his name?"

"You ought to know. You named him. This is George."

"No, it can't be. Impossible. Where is his mother?"

A very young girl who appeared to be about ten years old spoke up, "She was killed. The savages attacked and they killed her. All she was trying to do was protect us. They killed my momma, too, so I knew I had to protect the children. George lead us to a boat and we went through a fog and here we are."

Lizzie Jane was really confused. Who was this little girl and why was she speaking with a strange accent? "Who are you?"

LInda spoke again, but with a trembling voice, "I don't want you to be angry, but I am your great, great, great grandaughter and these other children belonged to the other people who were killed by the savages. We were playing with George when it happened."

Shirley spoke and said, "I know your next question. How did they get to the island? The answer is, a time machine. They read something you had written, so they went back to comfort George since you had promised him that you would try to return."

Shocked at the statement, Lizzie Jane said, "I just gotta sit down." She opened the back door of the automobile so she could have a seat.

Could this be possible? Her great, great, great granddaughter -- here and now -- claiming that her mother was killed by savages, evidently on the same island where Lizzie Jane had spent a full year.

After sitting there a moment considering everything, she finally said to Linda, "Come here. If you want, you can be the first member of my new family after I marry Jake and, of course, George can be a member, too."

"How about these other children? I promised them that I would take care of them?" asked Linda.

Lizzie Jane thought for a moment and said, "Well, I guess I will start married life with a new family. I will tell Jake before I say 'I do' and if he doesn't like it, there just will not be a marriage."

Lizzie Jane held out her arms to the other children. "Come on, you are all welcome." The children ran into her open arms.

George just stood there, seemingly confused. Lizzie Jane walked over to him and said something in gorilla language. Whatever she said to him caused George to jump up and down in excitment.

Needless to say, the automobile was full. The smaller children sat in the laps of the older ones, including George, as they headed to Carter's bend.

Lizzie Jane was thrilled and thinking about the shock Uncle Jed and Aunt Maudie would experience -- and how about Jake? He might just pass out.

--To be Continued
-
-
 © 2008 by Starla Anne Lowry
under the pen name of Billie Sue
-
-
-
All characters are fictitious and any resemblance to persons, living or dead, are coincidental, except occassional references to famous historical persons.

up
41 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Billie Sue, You HaveMade My Day My Friend With These 2

Interwoven stories. You have done what very few have done and that is tie different stories together, actually, make that three.
I wonder who will know which stories I am talking about?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine