Jack and Jill by Trudy - 22 – Almost There

Printer-friendly version


Jack and Jill by Trudy
22 – Almost There



By Jessica C


We all were dressing in spring sun-dresses to go to rehearsal, when Patricia and her Mom approached me with a box. Patricia said, “Melanie, I would like to see how these breasts forms look and feel for you. It they are good I would like you to begin wearing them now so you will be use to them by the Wedding.

I hoped it would be Patricia’s Mom helping me; instead Patricia asked me to lay back as she used a round form to center where the breast forms are placed on me. She smiled as she saw that my own breasts were puffy and responsive. “Does this mean Melanie is definitely here to stay?”

I ask “Do you think I’m crazy liking being a girl?”

“Not really, I can understand a boy getting caught up in being a girl or at least liking girl’s stuff. But you seem to be beyond that and understand more of what it means to be a woman.”

I smiled, “Thank you, yes, I surely hope I do.”

After Patricia and I made sure my new breasts and where they met my skin no seams were showing; it was time to get dressed. Patricia said the sundress was mine to keep. When I teared she said, “That is all the appreciation I need… You know Melanie, from here on you and I are friends forever. You are sharing my big day. I appreciate you opened your world to me.” She gave me a light kiss on the cheek.


=^_^=


Rehearsal went well for the Maid of Honor asked me to remember well what I was doing in the wedding. “You can’t depend upon the groomsmen to remember and be of help; even though it is simple. Being in heels, you need to be the one in control.”

We finished rehearsal and went to the rehearsal dinner. Patricia’s family was extra warm in accepting me. Grandma Stivers took me by the hand, “I am very impressed by you; when I heard Richard’s your brother, I was not sure Patricia made a wise decision. I am glad to be wrong.” She gave me a warm hug and asked if I had a handkerchief; she gave me one to keep saying it was an extra one.

“Thank you, and though Richard’s not my #1 sibling, he’s still my brother. I prefer to keep him out of my thoughts this weekend. That even means not so good comments.” Grandma understood and was all right with my request.

After the families left, Patricia took her wedding party to a side room reserved for her. We each were given one drink to last the remaining time that night. Each of us women in her bridal party received a pretty necklace, earrings and bracelet. I thought it was prety costume jewelry, but Adrian, Pat’s Maid of Honor, informed me Mr. and Mrs. Cummings were well enough off that the jewelry and travel of the bridal party were being paid for my them. She smiled, “They are fortunate that Patricia likes silver more than gold.”

Patti came and asked me, “Melanie, tomorrow starts bright and early for me and I told Adrian, I would ask if you could stay with me tonight and be a help to her and me tomorrow. Most of all I want you to stay immersed in being part of my bridal party with me.” I needed to borrow a night gown and something to wear to the salon, but I agreed.

I had not imagined it meant sleeping on the floor in Patti’s room. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor was no problem. Sharing the room and her bathroom with Patti was a treat instead of a problem either. I just had not expected it. Patti was too excited to sleep much so we talked until 2:00 a.m. finally she began to fall asleep as we talked. I would tell you how beautiful she was but you might take it wrong.


=^..^=

Patti and I checked and double checked her clothes and things for her wedding night as well as her luggage for her honeymoon. She will be in Jamaica three days on her abbreviated honeymoon. A longer time away was already scheduled for after her college graduation.

As we were going to our appointments at the salon, I told Patricia, “I am glad you asked me to be part of the wedding. I just don’t understand why you would?

Patricia turned to me, “Besides willing to help me, being the right size and attractive. I thought if you were wondering about being a woman, this would be a great experience. I knew your Mom and sister and I was betting on you being like them. Now I hope your Mom and sister are like you.” Patricia took a tissue and dabbed a tear from the corner of my eye.

Terri was my beautician and stylist for the morning. After shampooing my hair, conditioning and giving it all a good rinse, she commenced to load my hair with extensions. I received a message from Trudy and told her where I was. I suggested, she stop and see me.

After what seemed to be quite a while, Terri was working my hair cutting, shaping and setting it into curlers. My feet are put into the goop for a pedicure while I am under the dryer. I complained about my ugly feet but I’m told only 85% of women do not like their feet. Adrian said many of the other 15% are lying.

I think that pedicures are to die for, along with most other things about being a woman. I think knowing bad my feet as a boy are helps me to appreciate being a girl more. Trudy showed up and after I introduced her to Patricia; Patricia introduced her as my girlfriend to the wedding party. So much for wondering what others might say. The women in Patricia’s joke with Trudy about the girly boy she likes.

Patricia was amused to hear Trudy respond to her question, “I hope you don’t mind, but how did a lesbian from another school come to date a boy dressing as a girl?”

Trudy giggles, “I hadn’t considered I was a lesbian until after I got Mel into wearing girl’s clothes for Halloween. I hadn’t even told Melanie, but it was at one of our Halloween parties that I realized I was falling in love with her. I had to act upset when she was disciplined and had to continuing to dress and live as Melanie. Initially I was more uncomfortable with me being a lesbian than Mel being Melanie.”

“She just impresses me, the more Mel lived as Melanie I knew she was a girl and that I loved her.”

You could see something dawn upon Patricia; “You know, you’re invited to the wedding and reception, don’t you Trudy?” The surprise registered on Trudy’s face, caused Patricia to apologize. “I am sorry; it dawned on me that I forgot to tell Melanie to invite you.”

Trudy quickly said, “Thank you, I am actually dying to see her in this beautiful gown she has been talking about. Seeing that Melanie had to mature to fill it out peaks my interest all the more.”

The beautician was brushing out my hair as she took out the curlers. “Wow, Melanie, you look even more beautiful with longer hair. I hope you can take care of your hair so the extensions stay until the prom or you will need to do this again.”

Trudy got me a sweet tea that we shared before my makeup was begun.

It was 1:00 p.m. and the wedding is at 6:00 p.m. I thought we had plenty of time. But Patricia wanted pictures up at Washington Rock, in front of her home as well as the pictures at the church. It would end up being good practice for me in touching up my makeup and hair as well as keeping my composure and moving around properly.

All of us in the bride’s party finished before Patti and we enjoyed watching the finishing touch put on Patricia. I loved the feel of the petticoats and the gown as I put it on. The satin red gowns were luxurious, though all that was pale in comparison to Patricia and her bridal gown.

I was upset with myself; as I’m wanting to be a bride. I could not help but dream about wearing a beautiful bridal gown. Trudy said you know we could go some place and just try a bridal gown.


=^..^=


It was cool at Washington Rock, but the air was clear and it made for some beautiful pictures. It is interesting to lift the gown, walk in high heels over cobble stones and uneven ground; all the time not daring to fall less one wrecks the gown.

Once we’re at Patti’s we were given parasols and satin purses drawn closed as a woman’s bag from the 1800s. None of this was lost on me as I appreciated everything. I didn’t appreciate the photographer’s strong lights which heated me up in my gown. We weren’t always wanted for pictures, but we had to stay close as we were used to fetch this relative and that groomsman as well as spreading out Patti’s beautiful gown and train.

I was asked to amuse the young children of Patti’s aunts and uncles. I painted the nails of two young girls and put on a light touch of lipstick. Young eight year old Jonathan, asked the same and began to cry when I told him I couldn’t. Grandma Stivers asked the boy not to cry later if I did it and he was teased. She gave me permission to put polish on Jonathan’s fingernails. His mother came to get him by the time his nails were dry. “Jonathan did you get your way again. I’m sorry I hope you don’t think this is bad of us to allow it.”

“He’s precious, I am just glad Grandma gave me permission to help him. He looks quite sharp like that,” I told her.

“Yes, I agree,” she responded. With his mother’s permission I put a lip-gloss on him that matched his regular lip color. It sparkled and glistened.


=^_^=


Finally the bridal party was ready to proceed into the sanctuary for the wedding. Being the youngest and last of the bridesmaids I was the first to walk down the aisle. Steve, a groomsmen and my escort met me half way down the aisle and swept me off my feet as he carried me the remaining distance to the front of the church. Either Steven did this as a prank on own, or Jaci’s stare put the wrath of God into the remaining groomsmen as none of them repeated that. Trudy said later a picture of me being swept off my feet was destined to be in the Bridal book, a forever picture.

Steve at 6’ 3” thought he was god’s gift to women; and I admit he was cute and apart from that prank, very nice. I was surprised that it was Jaci and not me who got wobbly during the ceremony. Fortunately I saw her and stepped to her side and told her to step forward and to step back after she got her composure. Jaci thanked me after the ceremony and confessed she had not liked me earlier, having thought I was just pretending. She said, “Would you mind if I gave you a kiss?”

“I’m sorry but my girlfriend is here, I’d rather not. If you want to dance together later that would be fine. I expect I will dance with some others, maybe we can dance then,” I said. I felt for Trudy as I rode around with the wedding party before the wedding and again before the reception. I continued to enjoy wearing the gown, feeling so beautiful.

While I enjoyed being part of the wedding party, it did not mean much until I had time with Trudy. It was kind of nice to dance with Steve and to know I excited him. I felt myself get excited and it caused me to wonder. Mom had told me that I would likely experience different feelings as I continued as Melanie. I am glad she did as sometimes I felt like I was going crazy. Because of Mom and Aunt Marti, I knew, I needed to give myself time and space to grown and know who I am.

Things became electric when Trudy and I were together and I had no more obligations. Trudy spoke explicitly about what she would like to do to me in my gown. She was very amused as she felt my body heat up. It was midnight when I slipped out of the gown. Shortly after 1:00 a.m., Trudy gave me a ride home.


=^_^=


One might expect that the Prom and my prom gown might be anti-climatic after that. On the contrary, it became all the more special. It was three weeks later and while my breasts had grown only a little in size they had matured becoming more sensitive. Dr. Kylie credited my mindset and the growing reality that I was more Melanie and female than anyone expected.

Suzi and Sherry are both a half year older than when I first became their Aunt and my love for them has become immensely greater. Aunt Marti says, “It is so precious how they look up to you as a role model. You have a way with my daughters and most children, I am so pleased for you.”

Suzi saw pictures of me from Patti’s wedding, which her Dad’s brother also saw. “I think you are very beautiful Unt Melwanie. Yous not sissy wike Uncle Bilwie says.”

I give her a hug, “Suzi, do you and Sherry love me?” She shook her head and gave me a hug. “That is what is important to me.”

She said, “I told Uncle Bilwie that he’s not strong enough or nice enuf to be girl.” Tears came to my eye as I became speechless.

Aunt Marti hugged me from behind, “Billy was upset that his brother Ron is so accepting of you. He has since called me to apologize. He says, the girls and others got him to thinking. It will take time to know if he’s sincere.”

After the girls went to bed, Aunt Marti and I visited. She talked to me about staying out with Trudy the weekend of my prom. “I need to ask she said; ‘If you are going to make out with you as a guy. Trudy and you would need protection.”

“Besides Trudy wanting me as Melanie; I don’t think I could without Dr. Kylie giving me something to help me.”

With the girls asleep Marti had me shower and try on my prom dress one more time.

“Do you see what I see Melanie,” Marti asked? I looked and I knew something was different. Hard as I tried I did not figure it out until Marti told me. “Your hips are filling out; your waist is so girl. I think you would be as beautiful, maybe even more so without the breast enhancements.” Finally Aunt Marti asked, “Speak in your regular voice.”

I asked, “What do you want me to say?”

Aunt Marti hugged me, “Do you agree with me that you are now Melanie. There isn’t even a hint of the boy you use to be.”


=^_^=


I did not realize until morning that I was to see Dr. Kylie for my next appointment. I went to the appointment tired and a bit defensive that I would have to prove who I am once again.

Dr. Kylie caught me by surprise. “I think,” Dr. Kylie said, “I would like you to finish one or two years of college growing as a transgendered girl.” Mom had not been in with me during my exam but was there as Dr. Kylie and I talked. “Mrs. Greene and Melanie, you both need to understand there is a lot more growing to do. Most of it will be mentally and emotionally, though your maturing body will continue to develop and change as well. While it is still possible that you will change your mind and want to go back to being Melvin. I don’t think it is not at all likely.”

“You should understand, you will not likely come across even another TG girl quite like you. I am told others might seek you out. You can be encouraging and supportive, but I warn you against being the reason anyone else would want to change.”

I had been received as a student both by Pittsburgh University as well as Barnard College in New York City. Both had asked if I was going to attend as Melanie a transgendered girl or be accepted as a woman. Barnard college officials said the scholarships and their amount we different.

Barnard was pleased for my decision to come as a transgendered woman. One five thousand dollar grant per year however was dependent on my being a B or better student. I did not yet have confidence as an academic student and I worried that I might lose it.

To conclude with one more Chapter…

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Melanie just may find that

Melanie just may find that she will have better support going her way at Barnard since she coming there as a TG co-ed. Sounds to me like they have a program in place already, if they also have special scholarships going on.

Out of 5 he mouth of babes

Jamie Lee's picture

Suzi is precious, laying it out bare bones for Billie to hear. But she did make a valid point, those boys upset with Melvin being Melanie do not possess the strength of character to do it themselves for a day or even a week. Could it actually be that they are jealous of what Mel has done?

Being in the wedding party attests to the strides Melanie has made since this all started. Going by Patti's reaction to Richard's name, he's another pig who thinks more highly of himself than others do. And for him to shun a family member because he happens to becoming she enforces the perception that he is a pig. Maybe though, he just needs time to understand all that's happening. Perhaps.

Melanie has demonstrated by her actions that her presenting as a girl is much deeper than first thought. Dr. Kylie's suggesting Melanie attend first two years of college as a T-girl was inevitable.

Now comes the question of how Melanie and Trudy will maintain their relationship while both attend college, unless they attend the same college of colleges close enough they could keeping seeing each other.

Two proms yet to attend, will a shoe drop at either one?

Others have feelings too.