Night Fox Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Cora couldn’t believe she was about to try something so dangerous as jumping out of a helicopter and landing on the balcony with her squirrel suit. She had done a couple of test jumps before she decided to do this one, to see if she could do it. The first few times she crashed and burned. The suit had absorbed the damage, but she had a limp to her walk for a few days.

Randy was watching the girl they had picked up at the airfield. At first, he wonders why she was dressed all in black from her head to her toes and carrying tomahawks on her waist. Her face was covered up by a fox looking mask that concealed her identity. Katey told him she was doing a favor for a friend. They were hovering at the altitude that the person in the black outfit would need to use their glide wings.

Katey looks back towards Cora “are you ready to jump?”

Cora gives her the thumbs up signal.

“Alright, GO!” Katey kept the helicopter steadied as she watched Cora jump.

Katey watches as Cora drops and then deploy the wings on the strange suit she was wearing. She had never seen a suit like the one Cora had on. When she asked Cora where she got it from. She told her the spirits had given it to her. Katey couldn’t believe that this was why George had wanted to talk to her that night. She had gone over and met Cora that night. George explained to her that Cora was the one responsible for finding and putting an end to the baby factory she had transported women from.

Katey enjoyed using a wing suit, but when Cora told her what her plan was. She wasn’t that daring to try that stunt. She had helped Cora practice for the past few days to get the stunt right. Next time she is hired to do stunts. She might mention this stunt to them.

Cora jumps out and away from the helicopter towards her target. Once she reached where she needed to be, she extends her glide wings and glided towards the building. She was enjoying the excitement as she glided to her location. This was the first time she has ever done anything like this. She spots her target coming up and glided to it. She didn’t have much stopping space, as she touched down on the balcony.

She looks up towards the moon “thank you.”

Cora closes her arms and the glide wings disappear into the suit. She walks over to the sliding glass door and test it. It was lock. She takes one of her sharp obsidian knives out and cuts a circle big enough to get her hand through and unlocks the door. She looks around for surveillance and security systems and spots a few. They were an easy system to fool. She makes her way over to the security pad and enters the code. She could tell which numbers the person uses from the wear on the keys.

She moves around quietly checking his desk, computer systems and looking for a hidden safe. She finds the safe and realize it has an electronic style lock on it. She stares at the key pad and notices which keys she needed to press. The spirits were helping her tonight. She opens the safe and finds a portable hard drive in it. She pulls the drive out and goes over to the computer and plug it in. The computer asks her for a passcode. She looks around the desk the computer is sitting on and spots a folded-up piece of paper sticking out of a book on the desk. She couldn’t believe the person would be so careless. She inputs the password she finds, and the computer continues to boot up. She puts the paper back where she found it.

She looks around in his files and finds the other list the person had and prints those out. She locates the password for the portable drive and enters the password for it. She couldn’t believe what she had found. This person was an organizer. If there was something a person needed or wanted he could get it. The files he had were things he has gotten for his clients. She spots the Governors name and clicks on his folder.

The file contained pictures of young boys and girls this person had supplied to the governor. He was a freaking pedophile. Some of the children in the pictures were as young as 6 years old. There were files of business men and women that he had supplied things or people too. There were also receipts of sales of priceless Native American artifacts that had been sold and who he had bought them from.

“Unbelievable.” Cora couldn’t believe how this person got away with it.

He owns a world wide moving company, which meant he could get anything from anywhere. She couldn’t believe everything she was seeing on the drives. He had all sorts of clients that ranged from low level street hustlers to government officials. She spots a few names she knew among the list. There were names of tribal members that were on the council that had used his services. She hears a set of keys rattling against the door. She disables the password on the portable drive, so she can bring it up on her system. She slips it into a pouch on her waist.

She pulls her blowgun out and loads it. She waits by the door for the person to enter. When he stumbles in with a drunk woman in his arms. She hits him with her knockout dart and knocks out the woman with another knockout dart. She did find pictures of naked woman and officials in compromising positions. He could use those pictures to blackmail people. She drags both the people in and towards the master bedroom. She puts them on the bed and undresses them. She arranges them on the bed like they had stumble onto it while kissing.

Cora takes a picture before she leaves and makes her way out of the person’s apartment. She makes her way up to the roof and extend her glider wings. She jumps off the roof and glides for a good long way before she is forced to land. She makes the glider wings disappear and start running back towards her place.

Cora figures she’ll get there just as the sun is coming up. Cora spots George outside waiting for her. She runs up to him and remove her mask.

George hands a bottle of cold water to Cora.

“Thanks George.” She takes a good swig from it and rinse her mouth out.

She spits it out and takes another swig. This time she enjoys the water as it travels down her throat. She takes another swig and closes her eyes as she relaxes.

“I take it, that your trip tonight was informative?”

“Yep, and you won’t believe what I found.” Cora pulls the portable drive out of the pouch she had put it in.

“Okay, it’s a portable drive. What so special about it?” George knew about portable drives.

“This has every person Isiach Cage has dealt with over the years and what they had requested from him. You wouldn’t believe who some of his clients are or what they had sold or traded to him for other items. I thought he had connections with the Doctor that ran that baby factory, but that wasn’t the case. Sure, he did supply them with women, but he wasn’t getting much of a kickback from the Doctor.” Cora had seen how much money he had been receiving from the doctor.

“So, what was his connection to the other guys?” George was curious.

“He was making profits off the filming of the abuse. He was selling the video recordings to some company in Las Vegas. I think I might know who they are.” Cora remembered seeing some of the films at the bondage store she worked at.

“Why don’t we take this inside and talk about it more.” George heads inside his house.

Cora follows behind him and takes another swig of her water. The information she found on the Governor was damaging. He got kickbacks from the company producing the videos. Not only was he involved or in bed with them, but certain members of the police department were as well.

She knew this was going to keep getting bigger and bigger and when she release this information to the press, heads were going to roll.

up
302 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Seems to be getting deeper

Seems to be getting deeper and deeper as Cora gets into the records. Hopefully everyone will be brought down and brought up on charges.

A lot of brown stuff is going to hit the fan

Jamie Lee's picture

The people on the list are so going to regret ever getting involved in the activity which will likely get them killed before their tails.

That Governor might as well kiss his job good by once the information on that drive get out.

But they need to be careful who they bring in on this or they might lose everyone. They need several teams that can capture everyone at the same time so no one can warn the others.

Others have feelings too.