Z.4 - 'Halleluiah' possibly.

Printer-friendly version

‘Halleluiah’ – possibly

This began as a series of jottings on how Hate & Hell are what 'They' want and deliver to our minority. I added Hope but then decided that it would be worth aiming for a viable Halleluiah as well.


There comes a time when you don’t know which way the world will tilt. I mean, you know that BIG things are about to happen but will this be a good change or horrible or much more complicated. Perhaps things will get better for my especial minority. I hope.

I remember reading a while ago that the Edgar J Hoover, head of the FBI, had been a secret cross-dresser. Needless to say, the forces of goodness ie the FBI and their cohorts deny this with extreme prejudice. But what’s to say that there never has been, is not and never will be a cross-dresser or a transsexual or a transgender person in a position of such authority?

How might this change things?

There’s enough anecdata to suggest that those most emphatically in favour of the cloakroom law [whereby you must use the cloakroom appropriate to your assigned gender whatever your external appearance – in case you’d forgotten] are extraordinarily prejudiced and myopic towards other minorities.

To be blunt, they don’t like people who aren’t pretty much like themselves. For legal and political reasons they may pretend and make as if they like others – but they really don’t. Or not unless that particular minority group intrudes only significantly and nicely into their lives.

I mean, take a look at the leaders of America or indeed most of the western world.

Male,

White,

Overweight,

Sleek and Rich;

allegedly christian,

allegedly moral,

allegedly straight,

allegedly monogamous,

allegedly decent.

But closer investigation shows how little and how few of them adhere adequately to their stated tenets. If you examine their voting preferences and private speeches, it is hard not to perceive that they take it further and actually despise minorities who do not match their categories. You don’t have to look too hard. So many, too many of these so-called leaders and the other grubby inhabitants of the ‘elite’ are lying, stealing, and bending the laws so often people have stopped commenting. A politician who wastes or steals a $1,000,000 is re-elected; his constituent who steals bread because he is hungry goes to jail. I don’t think that’s right. Ever. In any way. Are you with me?

‘They’ mostly vote against welfare, for tax-breaks for the wealthy, against abortion, homosexuality, immigrants, for big business, against choice by others, for choice and control by them, – you have to decide for yourself whether you like or dislike this elite who run most countries.

And the elite are fond of power. They like it and they aren’t going to change without some overwhelming compensation or advantage. The reality is their primary task is ‘to stay in power’.

So, what might happen? Can we hope? Will it always be Hell and Hate?

There has been a fantastic amount of pressure from the T brigade. From some viewpoints, some of the outcomes have been pushy and aggressive such that there has been some quite unfortunate reaction against. The Church of England apparently encouraging, almost pressing, children to dress in the opposite gender – completely overwhelming the truth which is that junior schools don’t make a fuss if a boy chooses to play in a dress or a girl plays as a firefighter.

Just in the last few days, the editor of Gay Times in Britain has lost his job after the outing of some extraordinarily intolerant twitters from some years ago ‘before he had a change in his whole life / began a new journey / etc’. I agree that people can change – but generally they can change only on the outside **** which is almost exactly the main argument against the truth of trans and transgenderism. It remains to be seen if this gentleman maintains the new personality to which he has been journeying.

And in recent months, there have been other developments in the realm of ‘Trans Pressure’. But we’ve all read the news. And we even believe some of it.

The Cloakroom debates which occurred especially during the US Trump-Clinton election fiasco – they do seem to have faded as an issue – but only in Democratic areas, while the Republicans continue to be brutal and brutish and, perhaps over-filled with the ugly effects of macho testosterone (even if some of them claim to be women!!). Well, now the election has passed and America is led by such a fantastic character ……. he has banned transgender people in the army, he has countermanded rights for transgender students; he has ….. you’ve read it all before.

You can guess my personal opinion. Yep – that’s right. I hate almost all politicians. The majority represent ‘Them’ and their ugly, often hypocritical views. The minority …… they’re pretty much ineffective. Change is going to have to come from within the TIQ ranks. We may be a minority. We may actually be a tiny minority -but change comes from determined minorities. Majorities don’t make change happen. Vegans were never a majority, nor were anti-fur or LGB or – there’s quite a list. We have to find ways to make change happen. And we have to do it with style and cleverness. One thing I am confident about is that the majority react more willingly to style than to nastiness.

I wonder if we can get any major celebrity endorsement of our difficulties as T. Not by someone who is T – not Caitlyn Jenner, Laverne Cox, Andrea Pejic or anyone already known – but by someone new who can make it clear that being T is not to be taken as a curse but as something stylish and good. Maybe it will be a famous sports player? If so few have admitted that their sexual orientation may be, er, offset from standard heterosexuality ….. won’t there be some who have gender issues masked, as in so many stories, by excessive involvement in ‘proper’ macho activities – such as sports!!

As always, it’s real people who make change happen – and T is just as real as any other group.

Caitlyn Jenner is (probably) the most high-profile transgender person in the western world. It may well be that one or more of the Thai or Filipino girls has an equal profile in their part of the world. There are numerous others who have been famous for a time, often for some years. But, back to Caitlyn Jenner – she has ‘met other transsexuals’ and learnt about their journey, their abuse and their difficulties. But I do wonder where and how she endured her real-life test if she didn’t notice the abuse, dislike, hatred and intolerance spewed in her direction.

One of the websites I found in passing had a speech of which variations can be found in more than a few T stories …… ‘None of chose to be like this. Who would choose to be insulted, dismissed, hated, disliked, loathed, ignored and twenty-seven other words denoting prejudice and abuse? Who would choose that if the alternative wasn’t worse. The emotional hurt of being different from how we physically present, huh. For what possible reason would anyone volunteer to fracture their own families, to lose their job, friends, colleagues, social position, status? Why would anyone want the emotional anguish, mental torment, physical pain and enormous intolerance? Why would anyone volunteer to have potent chemicals ingested for every day of their life, to spend enormous amounts of hard-won money? We do all this because it’s a choice. And the need has to be unbelievably powerful to withstand the ugly side of the equation. Oh get real.”

The speaker continued “But however we look at things we are a minority. Those of us who are transsexual and have taken all the steps to look like what we are …. We are a tiny minority. We are a subset of the trans group, we are even more so a subset of the LGBT brigade. Although it continues to annoy me that the LGB sexual orientation issue has been so stupidly mingled with the TIQ gender uncertainty, oh well, maybe later. And we are a minority of women – setting to one side those who will never give us that label. We are also a minority of men. Or as some would define us ex-men or never-men as I’d prefer. So, what demented twisted mind is still able to say that any of us has CHOSEN to be a derided, hated minority? And we are also a minority of abused-people – even if the abuse we get may be worse than what some others get. Our suicide rate is astonishing. The percentage of us who become homeless, jobless, family-less is higher than for any other minority of which I am aware. I do accept that avowed and publicly-active Nazis MAY be disliked more than we are – but …… maybe god will give me patience. Eventually.”

On another site, I found “The simple fact is, of course, that propaganda typically caricatures as it condemns, exaggerating one and omitting another feature to appeal to prejudice, play on fear, and deny complexity of motive and common emotions. Such denigration may be wilfully crafted in malice or reflect false perceptions—examples of both may be traced across countries, time and cultures. But the belief in exaggeration is not so easy to maintain, for even among the malicious what is initially known inwardly as calumny passes insensibly into received truth and determined certainty. And with that certainty of the wrongness of a perceived difference comes the willingness to turn thought into action and even violence. And it is faint hope to wish that the growing belief in a misstatement can lead to a turnaround as a few begin to wonder if their belief conflicts with other ‘real’ facts. Certainty is a wonderful feeling, it inspires confidence, group-think, togetherness – why would anyone want to sacrifice that. For a real example, consider the Scientologists – from the outside their views are extraordinarily bonkers – but people do join – and once they are sucked in, very few of them leave. Those who hate a minority will seldom be convinced that they are wrong by being given either true facts or a bigger lie.”

“All the evidence is that it is personal involvement that is most likely to cause change. If a child of an intolerant person takes up that particular hated trait – then there is an ugly choice. Too often, a minority person, let’s invent the word ‘minorist’ comes out with their especial family-hated behaviour. The family can either erupt and throw out the minorist; kill or otherwise abuse the minorist or, on a few occasions, embrace the change and decide that maybe the minorist is entitled to their choice. We all have anecdata about the likelihood of each such choice. Most crudely put ‘do you want a dead child or a happy child?’ “

The speaker ended the piece with a comment about the quality of information on the web. “There’s a lot of good stuff out there – and an amazing amount of cr.p. It does concern me that the evidence is that young people are not given the tools with which to make a good judgement about which is which. Maybe it is something that only comes with age and experience. It also concerns me that the likes of Google give you what they think you want to see based on previous enquiries. If we can trust them – well, that may be viable. If they move towards control of what we see – then I have concerns. And I worry that the computer-generation will be too well trained to notice what is happening. But let’s be hopeful.”

As I said, I’ve written about the Hate and the Hell. I then offered some Hope and now, and even bigger wish that we get to Halleluiah.

And I know that WE are going to have to make the changes happen. Go ‘T’.

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos