Thundering Force: Chapter 25: “The Coming of the Storms: Part Four: Thunder versus Lightning. Light versus Darkness.”

Printer-friendly version

“Thundering Force”

Chapter Twenty-Five: “The Coming of the Storms: Part Four: Thunder versus Lightning. Light versus Darkness.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

It was nighttime on the Senate District of Coruscant. The sky was clear and the temperature was cool, but not cold, with a slight breeze in the air.

It had been several minutes since Jedi Master Mace Windu and his Jedi strike force had confronted Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine on the North Senate Plaza, roughly a kilometer from the north side of the Senate Building.

No one else was present as the battle began.

While Palpatine was able to swiftly kill the other Jedi, he was unable to kill Mace, leading to a protracted battle between him and Mace.

Mace was wearing the same clothing he had wore all day. That being a white shirt short sleeve shirt tucked into white pants. Over the white shirt was a gray short sleeve shirt that was not tucked in. Over his gray shirt was an open brown robe. Under his robe, around his gray shirt, around his waist was a brown belt.

Mace held the hilt of his violet bladed lightsaber with both his hands, as he fought Palpatine.

Palpatine wore a long sleeve black formal shirt, black pants, dark gray belt, and dark gray dress shoes. He had on his dark red Chancellor's robe, which he left open in the front.

Palpatine held the hilt of his red bladed lightsaber with both his hands, as he fought Mace.

Besides the light from Mace's violet-purple lightsaber blade, and Palpatine's lightsaber red blade, the only other lighting sources around them were from the cities lights in the distance, the stars above them and the moons of Coruscant which had already risen into the night sky.

The ensuing battle between Mace and Palpatine was at a stalemate, with neither allowing the other a decisive blow to kill the other. This skills were to the point that neither had been able to harm the other.

Though, this lack of injury towards either party this was not from lack of effort and skill.

Silence was to their advantage. Both were solely focused on the battle against the other. With neither allowing for a distraction from their attempts to kill the other as quickly as possible.

Neither gave the opportunity to directly attack with the force. Both understood that the split second it would take to use the force to direct attack their opponent could allow for an opening which would likely be a killing blow.

Due the intensity of the battle, Mace was long switched to using Form VII fighting style against Palpatine.

Form VII was the most dangerous form of lightsaber combat. Barring a few exceptions, the Jedi Order only allowed Jedi Masters to learn Form VII.

This was due to the reckless nature using Form VII could create within those that practiced the form.

The danger that Form VII present was that Form VII not just a lightsaber fighting style, but also a state of mind. To use Form VII, a practitioner had to force their inner darkness to be like an emotional blade. This allowed a Form VII user to speed up their moments and connection to the force for several minutes.

While trained force users could speed up their movements for a minute or two. The focus of one's inner darkness allowed the practitioner to maintain the speed far longer, with their connection to the force preventing the individual causing an accident or getting killed in combat.

To untrained observers those performing Form VII seemed like a series random strikes. This could not be further from the true. Each offensive and defensive movement was connected by use of the force, allowing a force user to thread their movements through the use of their lightsaber.

In doing so, Form VII allowed the user to project their darkness through the force to become like the eye of a hurricane of destruction.

Another benefit of Form VII is that it allow the practitioner to absorb the ambient force energy radiating by nearby people people and objects, even to the point of being able to absorb some force attacks, such as force lighting from their opponent and reflecting this force power back on their opponent.

The drawback was that using Form VII made it very easy to allow practitioner's inner darkness to consume the practitioner, causing them to fall to the dark side of the force.

Only Mace Windu and a few other Jedi Masters had been able to reach a level of mastery to use Form VII for extended periods of time without falling to the dark side of the force. Though, even those individuals, include Mace, openly admitted that using Form VII was very risky.

Due to this, Form VII was used by dark side force users. In most cases, the Form VII consumed the dark side practitioner like a drug that made the user crave causing destruction of mayhem.

Form VII could be used in both a two-handed, single lightsaber style, or with two lightsaber in a dual wielding style. The key and dangers of the fighting style was not the weapons in practitioner's hands, but the state of mind of the practitioner using the Form VII.

Mace used his own variation of Form VII, which was named, Vaapad. Mace had taught Vaapad to a few others members of the Jedi Order whom he trusted to use Vaapad in a responsible manner. Though, in teaching Vaapad to other people, Mace learned first hand the dangers of Vaapad, because one of his students had succumbed to the darkness that Vaapad brought forth in the user.

The classic Form VII was known as Juyo.

Unfortunately, as Mace switched to Vaapad, Palpatine switched to Juyo. Mace found that like almost everything else he had learned about Palpatine in this battle, that Palpatine was a master of Juyo in using his lightsaber for combat.

With both of them using Form VII, neither could draw the ambient force power from the other. This was because neither were radiating the force, and instead they were absorbing all the force power they could to channel into their fighting abilities.

To add to Mace's problems, he had tried his trump card. His shatterpoint abilities, which allowed him to use the force to find a weakness within opponent's fighting style and defeat his opponent in a single blow. This blow was usually a killing blow.

But, to Mace's surprised, his shatterpoint technique could not find any such openings in Palpatine's fighting style.

For the last ten minutes, while making swift strikes, parries, and dodges against each other, Mace and Palpatine had both been using Form VII to increase their connection in the force, which speed up their movements and increase their fighting abilities.

The constant speed at which the battle had taken place caused the two combatants to move hundreds of meters closer towards the northern side of the Senate Building. They has made their way quickly up and down a number of staircases. Their connection with the force kept them from tripping, as they moved along the staircases.

Where Mace and Palpatine presently fought was a clear, flat open area of the plaza without any nearby statues, or other obstructions, including staircases.

Though, the speed at which both opponents moved and the focused intensity of their battle was beginning to take a toll on Mace, with Mace realizing he was beginning to both physically and mentally tire.

To make matters worse, Mace did not see, nor sense any evidence of Palpatine tiring. Instead, it seemed as if by Palpatine using Form VII to draw from the inner darkness of his soul, which was making Palpatine become even stronger.

Suddenly, Palpatine found small opening, and he struck, hitting a glancing blow to the outer side of Mace's right upper arm.

Mace immediately realized what had happened, as he felt the red blade cut through his clothing and graze the outer side of his upper right arm with a burning wound. The wound cut a few millimeters beneath the skin. This was not enough to prevent Mace from using his right arm, but it was a wound that would soon begin to slow him down, because while Mace used a two-handed style, his right arm was his sword-arm.

This was not an immediate deathblow, but it was a blow that would slowly reduce Mace's fighting abilities.

Palpatine realized this, as he pressed his attack by becoming quicker and quicker. This forced Mace to be solely on the defensive, until Mace sensed the strike that would kill him was about to land from his left upper shoulder and go all the way down to his right lower waist.

But suddenly, the battle had paused, as Mace realized that something was blocking the would-be deathblow by Palpatine.

Mace looked to his left. Palpatine looked to his right.

In front of Mace, to his left, stood Padme, in her stronger Thor form.

Padme was wearing her armor, helm, sheathed Black Solace, and equipment.

In her both hands, Padme held the shaft of Mjolnir, which her using the head of the hammer to hold back the red energy blade of Palpatine's lightsaber, which was above Mace's left shoulder. The hammer was facing with the circular flat end of the hammer being to Padme's lower left in a diagonal direction, while the axe blade was facing upwards to her right in a diagonal angle. Padme had caught the red energy blade Palpatine's lightsaber with the groove between the top back part of the curved axe blade and the top center of the head of Mjolnir.

There were slight sparks and crackles where Mjolnir met the red energy blade.

Mace held his lightsaber to his right side. Mace did not attempt to attack Palpatine due to the risk he may distract Padme and get both Padme and himself killed.

Both Mace and Palpatine could sense through the force that Padme had fully brought forth her mental defenses to protect her emotions and thoughts from empathic and telepath attacks.

Palpatine immediately jumped back to land thirty meters from Mace and Padme, with the Senate Building being behind Palpatine.

Palpatine held his lightsaber with both hands, in front of himself, in a defensive stance.

Palpatine remained silent as he watched and listened to what was happening, so he could figure out how next moves.

Mace let go of his ignited lightsaber hilt with his left hand. As he held his lightsaber hilt in his right hand, he placed his left hand over the burnt wound on outer side of his upper right arm.

Both Mace and Padme did not take their eyes off of Palpatine.

Padme turned to face Palpatine, as she held Mjolnir with both hands, in a defensive stance.

Mace commented, “I thought you were finished with battle.”

Padme kept her eyes on Sidious, as she stated, “You needed the help. And I do have some scores to settle with my old friend.”

Mace noticed Thor talking normally. Mace thought, 'I do not know why you are talking normally. I do not care. I am only glad you are here.'

Mace replied, “Don't let me stop you. I am more than happy to have you here.”

Padme smiled under her helmet, as she chuckled a little. As she stopped chuckling, she dropped her smile. She said, in a more sober tone of voice, “As I was flying in, I saw that the other Jedi whom came with you are dead. I can tell you are tiring, while Palpatine is still ready for battle. With your sword-arm injured, you are in no shape to fight. Please, get out of the line of fire, while I finish this.”

Mace forced himself to admit, “Sadly. I agree. Do not underestimate him.”

Padme firmly replied, “I won't.”

Mace stated, “Then, may the force be with you.” Mace deactivated his lightsaber, and he holstered the lightsaber. Mace turned to his left, and ran around the back of Padme, in a curve that would around Palpatine and towards the Senate Building to Palpatine's right.

Mace planned to find cover near the Senate Building, where he planned to watch the battle from a distance. Though, Mace did not use the force because he was already almost exhausted and he did not want to risk further tiring himself out. Mace realized that was a possibilities that Padme could lose, in which case Mace would need all the vigor he had left in the hopes of finishing the battle with Palpatine.

Padme and Palpatine stood a thirty meters from each other.

Padme thought, 'The control chip issue with the clones prevents me from ordering the crew of a Star Destroyer to attack you with their ship. And there is to great a risk of civilian casualties if I used a bomb to kill you. So, that leaves Mjolnir and myself having to do this the hard way, by smashing you into submission.'

In the light breeze of the plaza, Palpatine stood with his back to the Senate Building. Palpatine chuckled a little. As he stopped chuckling, he commented, with enough strength that his voice would carry over the wind, “Ever since you brought that hammer to my office. Years ago. I knew in the end it would end with either you being my new apprentice, or we would fight to the death.”

Padme stood with her back to the cityscape of Coruscant. The light breeze caused her long blond hair, that was loose down her back, to flutter a little in the wind. Under her helmet, Padme cracked a grin, as she said, in a loud enough tone of voice for Palpatine to hear, “I would prefer this option.”

Palpatine let out a laugh. He responded, “Of course you would, my dear. You have come to enjoy battle just as much as I do. I regret that my role in this war did not allow me to cut loose more often.” Palpatine thought, 'Though, the fact you are speaking normally in your stronger form concerns me. Not that I am going to ask about it right now. I am more concerns with kill you and then killing the Jedi. After which, I will focus on becoming Emperor of this Republic and destroying the Separatists.'

Under her helmet, Padme smile curled into smirked, as she stated, “I will not fault you for your desire for battle.” She thought, 'To do so would make me a hypocrite.' Padme dropped her smile. She pointed out, in a firm tone of voice, “But, we battle for different reasons.”

Palpatine commented, “Not as differently as you would wish to believe.”

Padme informed Palpatine, “Palpatine, even if you win this battle. It is over. You will still lose. Right now, the Senate has been called into session, in an emergency meeting, with everyone teleconferencing to the rotunda, save for one man, whom is in that chamber. That man is my friend, Senator Bail Prestor Organa. As we speak, Bail is informing the Senate of everything, with the evidence that you are Sidious, that you started this war, and that the Jedi have attempted an illegal coup.”

Palpatine lips curled into a slight grin, as he questioned, “So, you are going after the Jedi, as well? I did not see that coming.”

Padme said, “In the past, when the Senate became corrupt, it was the Jedi whom took over and fixed things. Unfortunately, the Jedi have also become corrupt. We have both seen this first hand. Even before the war. So, someone else must fix things.”

Palpatine inquired, “And you decided to appoint yourself as the one to fix things?”

Padme admitted, “The selection is few. Though, I am sure by morning most of those in the Senate will know I am Thor. That I neither fear the Jedi, nor the Sith. They will likely appoint me to be in charge of the government. If not. Bail will likely be made Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. Also, while you will be removed as Supreme Chancellor, the authority you gave me to arrest people still remains. And since you are no longer the Supreme Chancellor, I am now arresting you.”

Palpatine grinned, as laughed for a few seconds. As he calmed down, he retained his grin. Palpatine stated, “A mere technicality. It does not matter. Besides power. Do you want to know why I became a Sith?”

Padme replied, “Sure.” She thought, 'The more you talk allows my friends more time to do their work without worry of you stopping them.'

Palpatine said, “The Sith believe that the strongest should only have power. And only the powerful should rule. I believe that as well. And you, my dear, are clearly one of the more powerful individuals in the galaxy. Even if you defeat me. As you rule, the core believe of the Sith will still rule through you. For power always corrupts my dear. All it takes is time. And through you, I will still win.”

Padme flatly responded. “No. Only the worthy can have the power to wield Mjolnir. Should I become corrupt, the hammer will not allow me its power.” Thor was careful not to place a hand on her stomach, as she continued, “Besides, I have other concerns than gaining even more power.”

Palpatine said, “Ah. The true reason you lied to me, and left the battlefield. Your unborn twins. Anakin's children. Now that I focus on you with the force, I can sense them. And I can sense both of them will be strong in the force.”

Padme thought, 'Twins. Well, that is good. This explains the fast heartbeats I heard in my stomach. I just mistook two heartbeats for one. That does explain my vision of having children. Instead of only one child. At least, I am having two children now, instead of having to go through pregnancy again to have another child... Just like what Loki said to me, in her warning. But, this is for later. If I survive this coming battle. If we survive.'

Thor stated, “Then, when they are ready, I will make sure they will have good teachers in learning to use the force.”

Palpatine spat out, “That is if you live to see tomorrow.” Then, he chuckled a little. As he stopped chuckling, he said, “I am delighted you returned to the battlefield. This is a much more honorable way to die than by accident. Or, being poisoned in your sleep. By the way, I did enjoy twisting the mind that skinny gungan friend of yours. That fool actually thought he could hide the powers he had gained from me.”

Padme thought, 'So, Loki was telling the truth. She was not responsible for turning Jar Jar into a monster. At least not mentally.' Padme shrugged, as she commented, “That is not something to gloat about. A child could have twisted Jar Jar's mind.”

Palpatine crackled with laughter, as he agreed, “That is true, my dear.” Palpatine dropped his humorous demeanor, as he stated, “If you knew the reasons I was doing all this. The threat we face beyond this galaxy. You would join me.”

Padme realized what Palpatine was alluding too. Padme questioned, “The Yuuzhan Vong?”

Palpatine let his mask slip for a second, as he showed surprise on his face. Then, he regain his mask of calmness. Palpatine demanded, “Who told you of the Yuuzhan Vong?”

Padme smirked under her helmet. She thought, 'Loki was correct. Should I survive this fight, I will have to tell her. Also, the Jedi has must have been able to hide Obiwan's report of the Yuuzhan Vong from you. A report that I read, and you clearly did not.'

Padme commented, “You need not concern yourself. Other people are already preparing to deal with the Yuuzhan Vong. I am sure their methods will be be far more humane than yours in dealing with such a threat.”

Palpatine immediately realized who had informed Padme of the Yuuzhan Vong. Palpatine spat out, “Loki?”

Under her helmet, Padme smirk widened, as she replied, “Yes.”

Palpatine commented, “What a troublesome woman.”

Padme dropped her smile. Under her helmet, Padme's expression was calm, as she said, “Actually, I have found her to be very helpful.” Padme let go of Mjolnir with her left hand. She raised her hammer in her right hand, with the end of the hammer's head pointed towards Palpatine. The circular flat of the hammer faced downward and the axe end faced upward. Padme ordered, “Last chance. Surrender.”

Palpatine hissed, “No.”

Padme used Mjolnir to send a bolt of bluish-white lightning at Palpatine. What happened next, surprised the Storm Bringer.

For instead of bolt of lightning knocking down Palpatine, Sidious remained standing, as he absorb the lightning into his body. Palpatine let go of his lightsaber hilt with his left hand, as he channeled the electricity through his right arm and hand, and into the red blade of his lightsaber.

Bluish-white electrical arcs crackled from the blade as Palpatine whipped the blade to his right side, towards the ground. At the apex of the movement towards the ground, the bluish-white electricity arcing from the red lightsaber blade to the ground. The movement looked like as if someone had crack a whip of electricity onto the light brown stone floor of the plaza.

Palpatine lips curled into a wicked grin, as he said, “My turn.”

The clouds started to form in the previous clear night sky far into the horizon in all directions.

The lights from the city reflect upwards against the building clouds, allow for the clouds to be visible at night.

Palpatine looked at Padme. Palpatine chuckled evilly, as he stated, “You are not the only one whom has mastered the power of lightning. I can also bring forth the storm.”

By then, the clouds were so dark that the illumination of the city reflected back against with stark clarity. In addition, the wind that blew across the plaza was increasing in strength.

Palpatine said, “I can summon the thunder.”

Thunder rumbled through the clouds of the sky.

Palpatine yelled, “And I can call down the LIGHTNING!”

Suddenly, black lightning with red highlights came down from the heavens and hit Thor.

Unlike before, this black lightning with red highlights hurt Padme to her core. Padme had never felt this much pain in her life.

Though, to Padme's credit, she did not scream, nor make a sound.

The lightning continued to rain down, and directly strike her, one after other, with the pain caused by the attacks quickly forcing Padme into a kneeling position, with her left knee and right foot on the stone floor. While kneeling. Padme leaned forward, with a bowed head and her hands draped down to her sides.

Though, Padme still gripped the shaft of Mjolnir in her right hand. The hammer was by her right side, with the circular flat head of the hammer resting against the stone floor of the plaza.

Padme forced herself to push through the pain and remain conscious.

While the lightning strikes continued against Padme, the unnatural force storm continued to build over North Senate Plaza. The wind whipped through the area, as the storm began to sleet stinging pellets of hail all around Palpatine and Padme.

Palpatine was unfazed by the pellets of hail. Padme was to concerned by the constant bombardment of lightning to care about the pellets of hail which hit her.

Palpatine stated, in a loud, arrogant tone of voice, “Now you understand the true power of the dark side of the force. You may be immune to electricity, but you are not immune to the force.”

As the black lightning with red highlights continued to pour down onto Padme, she completely tuned out and ignored Palpatine's words.

Padme was only concerned for the welfare of her two unborn children, whom were inside her stomach.

Though, Padme sensed from Mjolnir that her children were fine, that Mjolnir was protecting them the most. But, Padme also sensed that if she did not do something soon, she and her children would die.

Then, Padme remembered something Loki mentioned to her.

Padme whispered, “Mjolnir guide my hand to protect us all.”

Padme felt an inward direction, and she immediately knew what to do.

Padme tightened her grip on Mjolnir's shaft with her right hand, as she forced herself to focus, and move passed the pain.

Suddenly, the city lights showed a second set of clouds began to form right under the first set clouds, all the way to the horizon.

Padme raised Mjolnir over above her head, and suddenly a globe of bluish-white electricity formed around her, from the top of Mjolnir to the ground below Padme's feet.

When the pellets of hail hit the energy shield, they burst, while when the black lightning with red highlights hit the shield, the energy shield channeled the lightning around Padme and into the ground.

Bluish-white lightning began to crackle within the second storm.

Padme began to stand up, as she continued to hold her hammer above herself, with her electrical field protecting her from the black lightning with red highlights and pellets of hail.

The second set of clouds began to rain water and strike bluish-white lightning around them, as if the second storm was attempting to clean the air of the dark side of the force.

Palpatine immediately stopped sending down the black lightning with red highlights from the storm he had created. Though, Palpatine continued to allowing the force storm to rage.

The second set of clouds lifted upwards to clash with the force storm. It was as if the two storms were fighting for supremacy of the heavens.

As the various winds of the storms whipped around them, while carrying both droplets of rain and pellets of ice, these clashing fronts created tornadoes in the distance around them. But, these tornadoes did not approach them. It seemed even the tornadoes could sense the power from the two masters of energy.

Fortunately, there were no loose stones, or metal on the floor of the plaza to be carried by the wind as debris. The bottoms of the large plaza statues were well anchored to their plinths, with the plinths anchored to the floor of the plaza. And the Senate Building was built to handle strong weather.

In the distance around the two foes, black lightning with red highlights and bluish-white lightning struck the ground.

The Thunder Goddess dropped her bluish-white energy lightning shield.

The currents of wind suddenly changed to blow from behind Padme, towards Palpatine.

Padme held Mjolnir's shaft in her right hand. Padme lowered Mjolnir to point the head of the weapon at Palpatine, as she stated, in a voice of supreme authority, with her voice carrying on the wind to insure her words were heard, “You maybe a master of lightning, but I am a Goddess of Thunder.” Then, Padme raised the head of Mjolnir to be level with her head, to the front right of her head, as she gripped her weapon with both hands.

The circular flat head of the hammer faced Palpatine, while the axe blade faced over Padme's right shoulder.

Padme took a defensive stance with Mjolnir.

Padme felt the desire and Mjolnir's desire become one. They were in tune with each other. They had one goal, which was to defeat Palpatine.

Palpatine heard Padme. Palpatine thought, 'Nice trick the wind. I wonder where you learned that ability from? But, that is for later. If I allow you to survive.'

Palpatine smirked, as he stated, “We shall see.” Then, he held up his red lightsaber blade in front of himself, by the hilt, with both his hands.

Palpatine took an offensive stance.

Suddenly, nearly in unison, each of them let out a warcry in the raging storm around them, as they charged each at other.

While running, they poured their powers into their weapons. When they reached each other, the empowered lightsaber blade clashed with the flat end of the imbued hammer. The power which was released creating an explosion of kinetic power that created a wave which pushing out the wind, rain, and hail, from them, for a few seconds.

The only power Padme had felt like this was when she had been hit by an artillery shell.

But, to her surprise, no only was she standing her ground, but so was Palpatine, with neither of them looking injured, nor were their clothing damaged.

Then, Palpatine brought forth his next empowered strike from his lightsaber.

Padme swiftly replied, with their weapons clashing again, and again. Sending out more waves of kinetic power.

(_)

While Padme and Palpatine battled, Anakin and Ahsoka had reached the Jedi Temple in Anakin's blue speeder vehicle. Anakin piloted the speeder to land near on the plaza, near the bottom set of stairs which led to the southern entrance of the Jedi Temple.

Anakin choose the southern entrance because it was the close entrance from the exit of the skylane coming from the south of the Jedi Temple.

Anakin landed with the front of the speeder vehicle facing the stairs.

Once the speeder had landed, Anakin lowered the speeder to the ground and turned off the engine to the vehicle.

Anakin and Ahsoka open the front doors of the vehicle. Anakin opened the left driver's side door. Ahsoka opened the right passenger side door. They got out of the vehicle, they closed their door, and they headed towards the bottom row of steps leading towards the southern entrance.

Both of them walked around the front of the speeder, as the headed for the stairs. They walked side by side, with Ahsoka to Anakin's right side.

Anakin was wearing a gray button up short sleeve shirt, dark brown pants, black belt, black boots, and a nice brown robe, which he left open in the front. Anakin had his lightsaber holstered on the left side of his belt.

Ahsoka was wearing a short-sleeve yellow shirt, black belt, red pants, and dark yellow boots. Ahsoka had her two lightsabers holstered on her belt, with a holster on each side of her waist.

Anakin and Ahsoka briskly walked up the bottom set of stairs.

They passed by the large columns that surrounded much of the lower sections of the Jedi Temple. The columns attached to the roof of the large alcove surrounding the Jedi Temple.

Anakin and Ahsoka soon made it to the second set of steps. From there, they would reach the large double-doors to the southern entrance of the Jedi Temple.

After the made it up the stairs, they saw a the large double-doors were open, but that a group of Jedi guarding the doors.

The doors were left open in case the Jedi found they were about to be overwhelmed by an outside attack force. The Jedi could retreat into the temple, while using the force to close the large double-doors behind them.

As Anakin and Ahsoka made it closer to the doors, they saw the Jedi guards turn towards them.

One of the guard stated, “Stop.”

Both Anakin and Ahsoka came to a stop, as they turned to look at the guards.

The guard in question walked over to Anakin and Ahsoka.

They could see the guard was a woman, in Jedi clothing and brown robe, with her robe hiding her lightsaber.

A few seconds later, the Jedi guard came to a stop two meters in front left of Anakin and Ahsoka.

The woman looked towards Anakin. She stated, “Jedi Skywalker, you may pass.” She turned to Ahsoka. She continued, in a contemptible tone of voice, “But, she is not welcome here. Especially, with those weapons on her waist.”

Ahsoka forced herself to remain silent.

Meanwhile, Anakin looked at Ahsoka. Then, Anakin looked into the Jedi guard's eyes. Anakin stated, in a firm, authoritarian tone of voice, “In defending the Jedi Order and Galactic Republic, no one younger has fought harder and endured more than Ahsoka Tano. You will pay her the respect she has earned.

Ahsoka smiled at her teacher's compliment.

Anakin went onto say in a firm tone of voice, “We are going to see Master Kenobi in the communications center.” Anakin looked over at other Jedi guards, whom he clearly could tell did not want to be involved in the current situation.

Anakin turned back to the Jedi guard blocking their way. Anakin warned, in a firm tone of voice, “And if any of you bar our way, I willing to go through the entire Jedi Order to reach Master Kenobi, with Ms Tano right behind me.”

Ahsoka commented, “As his student, I can tell you he is not bluffing. They do not call him the hero without fear for nothing.”

As the Jedi guard thought about her next words and actions, she look over at Ahsoka, then back to Anakin, then to Ahsoka, and finally back to Anakin.

The Jedi guard took a few steps back and to Anakin and Ahsoka's left. By doing so, she removed herself from their path.

Anakin and Ahsoka continued to look at the Jedi guard.

The Jedi guard calmly stated, “You may pass.”

Anakin replied, “Thank you.”

Ahsoka turned to looked towards where the Senate Building was in the distance. What she saw caused her to state, “Anakin. Look towards the Senate Building.”

Anakin turned towards the south. Anakin saw over the horizon, where the Senate Building was. From the background light of the city, Anakin saw that a powerful storm has formed over the Senate Building, with blue-white lightning and black lightning with red highlights constantly raging from the storm.

Ahsoka asked, with worry, “Is she?...”

Anakin responded, in concern, “Yes. The battle has begun. We must pick up the pace and hurry.” He turned to Ahsoka. Anakin continued, “But, do not run. We may need our strength for when we reach Obiwan.”

Ahsoka turned to Anakin. She replied, “Yes. Anakin.”

Anakin and Ahsoka turned back towards the entrance and they briskly walked into the Jedi Temple, with the two of them heading towards the nearest bank of elevator levels which would take them to the level where the communication center was located.

Once Anakin and Ahsoka had entered the Jedi Temple, the Jedi guards that Anakin and Ahsoka passed by resumed their duty to be on the lookout for trouble coming towards the Jedi Temple.

As the guards resumed their duty, they wondering what Anakin and Ahsoka have been talking about. And when they looked towards the Senate Building towards the unnatural weather, they were filled with a sense of dread that they were not be informed of important events which were taking place.

But, as Jedi the guards knew their duty and they remained at their post to guard the southern entrance to the Jedi Temple.

(_)

On the North Senate Plaza, a half a kilometer from the Senate Building, except for the eye where Padme and Palpatine fought the weather had reached zero visibility by a hundred meters in all directions of the two combatants.

The eye was only five meter across.

Unlike a tornado which blew counterclockwise towards the the storm and up into the wind funnel. This storm blew clockwise, with the wind blow downward from the storms above, and to the ground in a clockwise rotation.

The hundred meter thick wall of weather was composed of wind and rain that created an icy wall of water that was several meter thick as if it was a cold water cyclone.

Between the outer-wall of water and the inner eye there was a whirling, choking white fog of shearing wind mixed with rain cold enough to chill to the bone and sleet that was sharp enough to slice through metal.

Inside the eye, as Padme and Palpatine fought, the weapons they wielded and the weather they call down on each other was extensions of their will.

Each attempt strike, each parry was echoed by by lightning hitting around them. Bluish-white lightning for Padme, and black lightning with red highlights for Palpatine.

When Palpatine struck he did so while calling down black lightning with red highlights from storm to hit the point where his lightsaber connected. Palpatine mastery of lightning allowed him to do this without injuring himself, nor damaging his lightsaber.

When Padme attacked with Mjolnir, she did so with bluish-white lightning being summon from the hammer, while bluish-white lightning came down at the point at which Mjolnir made contact with its attack.

Mjolnir's mystical durability protected itself from Palpatine's force attacks, and Mjolnir did its best to help protect Padme from Palpatine's force attacks while aiding Padme in attacking Palpatine.

The energy of bluish-white lightning and black lightning with black lightning with red highlights clashing against each other at every strike and parry canceled out the force and mystical aspects of the energy. This kept the power from either combatant harming the other combatant. Both combatants were then able to use their abilities to channel most of the raw energy away from them, with them presently minor amount of energy going through them not to harming them.

Neither combatant gave their enemy ground as both of them clashed with everything they had against the other.

As they fought, both of them revel in their power.

(_)

At that moment, within the Senate Rotunda chamber, the chancellor’s repulsorpod hovered in the center of the large chamber. A single human stood at the controls of the Chancellor's repulsorpod. The man was the only person in the entire room that was physically present. The rest of the Senators whom has been called to the emergency session by a alert system the Senate had were communicating by holo-monitors, which projected their holograms into their seats, or standing, in their assigned repulsorpods.

The man standing on the Chancellor's repulsorpod was Senator Bail Organa, whom was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, gray closed sleeveless vest, white pants, black belt, and black boots.

Bail had piloted the Chancellor's repulsorpod from the floor of the room to hover in the center of the large chamber.

Within the last hour, Bail been able to rush over from his home in the Senate District, to the Senate Building in his speeder vehicle. Once he had reached the Senate Building, he made his way to the Senate Rotunda, and the Chancellor's repulsorpod which was located at the floor of the Senate Rotunda.

Over the years, Bail was an secretly become expert at slicing into security systems. It only took him a few minutes to gain control of the Chancellor's repulsorpod.

Once Bail had control of the Chancellor's repulsorpod, he used the computer systems on the repulsorpod to contact the various Senators by an emergency alert system to convene emergency meeting of the Senate.

The system used emergency codes which Senators could not ignore, this hastened the meeting being pulled together by holo-comm.

The emergency alert system was not to contact security, but dealt specifically with calling an immediate meeting of the Galactic Senate.

As Bail waited for everyone to arrive, he piloted the Chancellor's repulsorpod to hover in the center of the large rotunda.

As the Senators began to contact their repulsorpods by holo-comm, Bail used the keyboard and a video on the dashboard to create to very short Senate Bills, which he then saved to file, ready to summit. It only took Bail two minutes to electronically create and save the two bills.

Within ten minutes of the emergency alert being sent out, Bail looked at the readout on the dashboard monitors of the controls of the Chancellor's repulsorpod. Bail thought, 'I believe I may have set a speed record in doing all this. It looks like nearly the entire Senate has contacted by by holo-comm. The two exceptions were Padme and Palpatine.'

Bail looked at the video monitors on the dashboard of the Chancellor's repulsorpod, which showed security camera feeds of the fighting raging between Padme and Palpatine on North Senate Plaza. Due to the weather created by the two combatants, Bail had to set the security videos to thermal video which cut through the weather and showed the body-heat signatures of the two combatants and their weapons, as they found.

Bail continued his thoughts, 'Whom are busy trying to kill each other. Padme was correct. Palpatine is Sidious. It looks like that even with all her power, Palpatine is forcing Padme to be on the defensive. Still, even if Padme is defeated, if I can accomplish this task here quickly enough, we would set back Palpatine's plans by years. Maybe even decades.'

Bail looked around the rotunda at the holograms of various senators being broadcast and shown assigned repulsorpods, attached to the walls of the rotunda in a honeycomb fashion. The holograms showed the senators either in their seats or standing in their repulsorpods.

A few of the repulsorpods showed broadcasts of multiple people. Each of these groups were a senator, with one or two of their junior representatives.

Bail took a closer look at some of the specific repulsorpods and the holograms in those repulsorpods. Bail saw the holograms of Garm, Bana, Lexi, Mon, and Nee. They were given him looks of mild confusion to mild annoyance.

Bail mentally lamented, 'Well, Padme. I am going to try my best to accomplish my part of your plan. You did say that all I needed was the proper motivation to convince people. Well, thanks to you, I now have that. Now, let's see if I can convince these people to see things our way.'

Bail flipped on the microphone switch to the Chancellor's repulsorpod. Bail looked around, as stated, with the microphone broadcast through the various speakers of the rotunda and holo-comm transmissions, “Follow Senators. Welcome to this emergency meeting of the Galactic Senate.”

From his repulsorpod, the hologram of Lord Speaker Mas Amedda stood in place. The hologram showed that Mas held the Speaker's Staff in his right hand. Mas stated, which was picked up by the speakers in the room and the holo-comm broadcasts, “This better be good, Senator Organa. Especially, since you are using the Chancellor's repulsorpod without permission.”

While the Supreme Chancellor was no longer a Senator, the Vice Chair, also know as the Lord Speaker was still consider a Senatorial position, and Lord Speaker Mas Amedda had the same Senatorial powers to vote and debate on bills within the Senate, like any other Senator.

Bail turned to Mas. Bail responded, “Oh, it is Lord Speaker.” Bail thought, 'While you are in second in command. I know you enough you will only trying to stop this after you believe I have politically hanged myself. But, when I tell what is going on to the rest of the Senate, you will not dare stop me. Instead, you will do everything in your power to distance yourself from Palpatine.'

From the holo-comm broadcast in his repulsorpod, Senator Rush Clovis stood in place, as he asked asked, “Where is the Chancellor?”

Bail turned to Rush. Bail stated, “I was just getting to that. He is fortunately busy. Given the gravity of the situation, this is for the best.” Then, Bail flipped a switch to on the controls of chancellor's platform that prevent the senators from interrupting him, as he spoke into the microphone in the dashboard of the Chancellor's repulsorpod.

Bail looked around at the holograms of the senators, as he said, in the most firm tone of voice he could muster, “Senators. It is with a heavy heart that I bring grave news. Sources from within the Separatists, to those within the Jedi Order, to even those within the Senate, have confirmed that the Dark Lord Sidious, the man responsible for starting this grievous, horrific war we currently find ourselves in is none other than Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, himself, whom has done all this in his bid to become some sort of Emperor, with him changing the Republic into a Galactic Empire.”

Bail could see many of the senators mouths all start to move as they attempted to interrupt his statements. But, Bail presently had their speakers on mute, allowing him to continue.

Bail thought, 'This will teach you all for not being physically present at an emergency meeting.'

Bail went onto say, “Also, before any of your request that Palpatine be present to answer these charges. Keep in mind that he is a very powerful force user. Maybe even the most powerful. If he was present, and he could not convince any of you to side with him, he would kill us all, just like what has happened before in the history of the Senate, when force users whom were present did not like the responses from the members of the Galactic Senate.”

Bail could see that most of the senators has stopped trying to talk, including Lord Speaker Mas Amedda.

Bail could tell from Mas' hologram that Mas has an expression which was a mix of suprise and horror on his face.

Bail mentally reflected, 'Just as I thought. I am sure you already knew, but now you are trying to figure a way to save yourself from this mess.' Bail look around the rotunda, as he continued his thought, 'Now, let us see what all of you have to say.'

Bail flipped the switch on the repulsorpod dashboard controls to turn back on to the speakers of the other Senators.

The human woman, Senator Terr Taneel questioned, “These are serious charges. Are you willing to stake your political career on this?”

Bail firmly answered, “I am not only willing to stake my career. My freedom. My life. I am willing to stake the fate of my planet on it.”

Bail pressed a button on the dashboard of the controls which formally submitted the two bills he has created a few minutes ago. The bills went to the electronic directory of the specific Senate Datanet dedicated to the Senate Rotunda, where bills were placed before said bills were voted on.

Bail looked around the room, as he continued, in a firm tone of voice, “I am now submitting two emergency bills for an immediate vote. The first is to formally impeach and remove the current Supreme Chancellor, Sheev Palpatine, from office of the Supreme Chancellor, with him being immediately striped of all powers held by the Supreme Chancellor. The second bill is to immediately induct Senator Padme Amidala as the new Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, with all current powers and authority within that office given over to her.”

“Stated within the bills that upon their passage by majority vote of the Senate, these two laws will be retroactive and will immediately take effect.”

One of the Senators noticed something. The senator in question was Senator Onaconda Farr. Senator Farr pointed out, “Senator Amidala is not present.”

Bail bitterly thought, 'Technically, neither are any of you.'

The human man, Senator Fang Zar suggested, “Since Senate Amidala is not here and you are the one to bring this information to light. We could remove the Chancellor from his position of power, and place you as an interim chancellor until we get to the bottom of this.'

Bail grimly thought, 'Then, when this all over you can stab me in the back and replace me with a political puppet. While you will think twice about doing so to Padme, due to her hammer and her allies.'

Bail flipped the switch on the controls to mute the speakers of the other senators.

Bail spoke in a firm voice of supreme authority, “No. You will make Padme Amidala the new Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. If you are inside the Senate Building, the reason for this can be clearly seen if you take a look outside, to the north plaza. If not, then look towards the northern side of the Senate Building.”

“That storm outside, on the north plaza, is a literal battle between two clashing beings of immense power. They are battling for the fate of everyone and everything in the Galaxy. One of them is Senator Padme Amidala, as Thor. Yes. The rumors are true. Senator Amidala is Thor. Senator Amidala is presently battling Sheev Palpatine, an evil with no comparison in all of recorded history. Senator Amidala is fighting for you. Senator Amidala is fighting for the Republic. Senator Amidala is fighting for the galaxy.”

“If that is not the purest expression of representing this Galactic Republic, then I do not know what is.”

Then, Bail yelled with righteous fury in his tone of voice, “Now give Senator Amidala your support!”

As Bail looked around the rotunda, he saw that the holograms of Garm, Mon, Lexi, Nee, and Bana were smiling towards him, thus meaning they were giving him and Padme their support.

Bail could not help but smile towards them, as he had finally found his voice.

(_)

On the norther plaza of the Senate Building, the eye of the hellish cyclone of weather which continued around the two combatants, their fight was presently an epic stalemate where as powerful as their blows were, neither were able to gain an advantage which would lead to their victory over their enemy.

So far, neither opponent had been able to actually use their weapon to damage the clothing of their enemy, let alone injure their enemy.

Then, Palpatine used both hands on his lightsaber to make a strike towards Padme, with a bolt of black lightning with red highlights from the storm Palpatine controlled above going to hit Palpatine's lightsaber at the point of attack, which was to be Mjolnir, with the hammer blocking the attack from hitting the left side of Padme's helmet. But, when Palpatine made the attack, instead of blocking the attack, Padme jumped back a few meters, with the path of her leaping being to land with her back next to the eye wall of the storm.

Palpatine quickly allowed the black lightning with red highlights that hit his lightsaber to arc and ground to the floor of the plaza, as he watched Padme leap backward.

At the apex of her leap, Padme raised her hammer above her with both hands, with the flat circular end of the hammer facing the front.

Palpatine saw Padme charge her hammer with bluish-white lightning, from both the hammer radiating the bluish-white lightning, and bluish-white lightning which continued hit the hammer, further changing the hammer. But, unlike before, this was not a signal bolt of bluish-white lightning, but a constant arc of lightning from the storm Padme controlled above them, which further charged Mjolnir with much more power that the hammer's previous attacks.

Palpatine immediately realized what was going to happen. He quickly let go of his lightsaber hilt with his left. Palpatine held his lightsaber hilt in right hand, as he moved his weapon to his right side, as he readied himself for the attack. While Palpatine did this, he attempted to use the force to stop the attack by pulling Mjolnir from Padme's gloved hands. As Palpatine expected, he found he could not control the movements of Mjolnir due to Padme mentally controlling each motion of the hammer. In addition, Padme's super-strength while gripping Mjolnir prevented him from moving Padme with the force.

Bluish-white lightning continued to strike Mjolnir like the lightning was a single constant arc of electricity from the heavens, while Padme landed on her feet, and with both her hands she brought down the flat side of the head of the hammer onto the stone and metal surface in front of her.

The release of energy created an explosion which spread quickly outward by nearly two hundred meters which negated the cyclone of weather around them, with the only parts of the storm left being the two storms in the sky, which still raged for dominance over one another.

Palpatine was able to use the force to shield himself from the shrapnel and much of the explosive force.
But, the kinetic blast knocked Palpatine back several meters in the air towards the Senate Building.

While in the air Palpatine, kept his lightsaber to his right side to prevent himself from harming himself with the red energy blade of his weapon. But, he kept a firm grip on the hilt of his weapon with his right hand.

As Palpatine flew through the air he did a back-flip. He landed on his feet, in a crouching position, his left hand near the stone floor, as he skidded to a stop on the stone surface of the plaza.

Palpatine maintained his crouching position as he grip his lightsaber hilt in his right hand, with his red lightsaber blade held out away from him to his right side.

Palpatine saw there were large stone pieces of rubble and smaller shredded metal pieces stretching out across the plaza in front of him.

Palpatine remained in a crouching position, as he looked on at the crater, which he was twenty meters from the top edge of the hole.

Palpatine looked into the crater.

The crater was twelve meters wide, and three meter deep. The blow had collapsed the plaza floor into the first level of the tunnel system below the plaza.

Though, the dust within the hole prevented him from fully seeing into crate.

Due to Palpatine pushing himself so far in using the force to enhanced his physical abilities, sensing for danger, and maintaining his part of the storm above, that he was having difficulties in sensing Padme's basic presence in the force. Palpatine did not risk using the force to sense Padme as a precaution against Padme have any surprises he did not know about.

Palpatine thought, 'There is no way that explosion kill you.'

The wind quickly picked up as it started to rain and hail a little from the storms above them. There was thundering rumbling in the clouds above the North Senate Plaza, but both types of lightning had stopped striking the area.

The wind swiftly cleared the air of dust.

Suddenly, Palpatine saw Padme jump from the crater to land on her feet two meter outside of the hole, eighteen meters from him, on his side of the depression.

Padme landed in a standing position which faced Palpatine.

Both Padme and Palpatine looked at each other.

Padme held Mjolnir with both her hands, in front of her, as she stood a defensive stance. Dust covered her armor, helmet, equipment, scabbard, exposed parts of her body, and Mjolnir. Though, the rain was doing a good job of washing off the dirt from her body, clothing, and weapons.

Meanwhile, the water soaked into Palpatine robe and clothing, mixing with the dust to cause the dust to cake like dirt on his clothing. Though, Palpatine did not care.

Palpatine's lips curled into a wicked sneer, as he thought, 'Ah... There you are...'

Palpatine roared as he sprinted towards Padme. He brought forth his lightsaber in front of his, as he gripped the hilt of his weapon with both his hands.

Padme let out her own roar as she charged at Palpatine, as she held Mjolnir with both her hands in front of herself.

When the two combatants reached each other, they reignited their battle. Though, while they both maintained their storms above them, with the weather picked up, both combatants changed tactics and they focused more on their melee skills and abilities.

(_)

As the Galactic Senate held their votes the two bills dealing with Palpatine's impeachment and the appointment of the new Supreme Chancellor, and while Padme and Palpatine continued their battle, inside the communication center of the Jedi Temple, Obiwan was in the middle of an important conversation.

Inside the communication room, several people stood at their stations, manning various consoles and monitors around edges of the room. These personnel including members of the Jedi Order, along with a few clone Republic officers.

Obiwan stood alone in the center of the room.

Obiwan was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, white pants, black belt, black boots, and a brown robe over his clothing. The robe was left open. He had his lightsaber holstered on the left side of his belt.

Obiwan was standing at a large communication table in the center of the room. The table large holo-monitor.

The lights in the room were dim enough not to cause problems in seeing the computer monitors.

Obiwan was talking by holo-comm with the current Fleet Admiral for Republic Fleet in orbit around Coruscant.

The admiral was broadcasting from a communication room on a Star Destroyer in orbit over Coruscant.

The Fleet Admiral was Wullf Yularen, a long time friend of Obiwan, Anakin, Padme, and Ahsoka, whom had drifted out of touch with them after Wullf was reassigned from the Star Destroyer Resolute to Coruscant.

The large hologram of Wullf in a standing position on top of the communication table. The hologram showed Wullf in his olive green naval officer's uniform.

The two men were in the middle of an important discussion on the defense of Coruscant.

Obiwan asked, “Admiral Yularen. How many people know about this?”

Wullf stated, “Not many, High General Kenobi. We just picked them up a few minutes ago. An entire Separatist Fleet has come out of hyperspace in the solar system. A very large fleet. The lead ships should begin to reach the high orbit of Coruscant within the next few hours. I think that you and the rest of the Jedi might need to know.”

Obiwan replied, “Thank you.”

Wullf stated, “You Jedi seem to be miracle workers. Do you have any ideas on solving this that does not end badly for us.”

Obiwan inquired, “How many ships do you have to defend with?”

Wullf answered, “Not enough. Not even close. I have close to fifty Star Destroyers, a hundred support ships, six hundred starfighters, and two hundred orbital defense satellites. I did call in our forces from the outer edge of the solar system to go around the Separatist fleet, and come to Coruscant. But, that is only twenty Star Star Destroyers, with about another two hundred starfighters. Their fleet number hundreds of battleships, and thousands of support ships. I do not even want to think about many starfighters and soldiers they have on their ships. If we raised the planetary defense shield, we might buy the planet an hour at most. The shield is not designed to repel that much firepower.”

Obiwan thought, 'And the planetary defense shield would trap everyone on Coruscant, including us. We cannot risk being trapped on the planet. If Palpatine wins, we will have no way to escape. In raw numbers, the Coruscant Guard might be able to take us in a fight. That is if Palpatine does not order you, my old friend, to launch a orbital strike on us. I hate I cannot tell you what is going, but I do not know how you would react to the truth.'

'Still, I have other questions for you.'

Obiwan asked, “I was afraid you were going to say that. Have there been any causalities of ships in that area?”

Wullf stated, “No. I have order number of our ships to attack the Separatists. And it seems the Separatists are allowing all ships in the area, both civilian or military, to run and escape to hyperspace, or return to Coruscant. They are not trying to hide. They want us to know they are coming.”

Obiwan thought, 'Likely because they know it is too late for us to call in reinforcements from outside of the system. Still, there is another matter I want to talk with you about.'

Obiwan inquired, “There is at least that. Also, please do not take this the wrong way. But, what are you doing as the Fleet Admiral for Coruscant? Rumor has it that you were transferred to intelligence.”

Wullf gave Obiwan a knowing smile, as he commented, “I neither confirm, nor deny that. But, I figured the defense of Coruscant needed some intelligence, and the Chancellor agreed.”

Obiwan chuckled a little at his friend's joke.

A few seconds later, Obiwan stopped chuckling.

Wullf waited for his friend to calm down. Then, Wullf went onto say, “Also, I have found the peace and quiet of a starship allow me to perform many jobs.”

Obiwan understood the context of Wullf's comments. Obiwan thought, 'Meaning you are still in intelligence. You just prefer to do both your job in a starship. And you have used the situation of your assignment to Coruscant to allow you to oversee the defense of Coruscant, as both intelligence and naval defense. That is nice a both way to pull double duty.'

Obiwan said, “I can appreciate the silence and orderly structure of a starship crew.”

Wullf complimented, “I always admired the discipline and organizational skills that most Jedi display in your day to day activities. Such as yourself.”

Obiwan happily replied, “Thank you.”

Obiwan thought, 'Well, I guess some of Jedi would not fall under that rule. Such as Anakin. He is getting better. But, some days his head in the clouds... And Ahsoka use to be the same way... I really need to talk to the both of them about what happened when Ahsoka left the order... Or, should I say, when we threw Ahsoka out...'

Suddenly the double-doors from the hallway to the communication room had slid open. The double-doors were slightly to Obiwan left, passed the holo-monitor table. Obiwan turned to look at whom had entered the room.

Obiwan thought, 'It looks like I will get my chance sooner than I thought.'

Obiwan turned back to the Admiral Yularen.

Obiwan continued his thought, 'But, I better say goodbye to Wullf, before he notices whom just came into the room.'

Obiwan said, “I will have to call you back... If we have time.”

Wullf stated, “I understand. If I do not hear back from you in time. I want you to know. For what it is worth. I and many others within the military have always respect the Jedi. We considered it an honor to have served with members of your Order.”

Obiwan responded, “Thank you, Admiral. Now, let me see if I can solve this problem.”

Wullf replied, “Good luck.”

Obiwan pressed a button on the side of the holo-monitor table he was facing, which ended the communication. By then, the double-doors to the room had close.

Obiwan turned to look at those whom were approaching him.

(_)

Less than a minute beforehand. While Obiwan was talking to the Fleet Admiral, those in the room had overheard the conversation. They had stopped what they were doing to listen to the discussion.

Among those station in the communication room, with Obiwan, was Captain Rex. Rex and the rest of his squad whom had escaped back to Coruscant with Padme, Anakin, and Ahsoka, when the Resolute had been destroyed, had been reassigned to various positions on Coruscant.

For Rex, due to his excellent service record and loyalty, Obiwan had pulled some strings to have him assigned to communications at the Jedi Temple.

This assignment would last until a field reassignment for both Rex and his squad became available.

Obiwan considered this would be a good opportunity for Rex to learn some more about the logistical side of the military. Rex welcomed learning such subjects.

While Rex had the rank of Captain, and those he worked with respect him, for his current post, he was assigned as an assistant in the communications room. Not that Rex minded. He considered it good down time in a situation where he was not being shot at.

Rex was currently standing at a computer console, with a video monitor above the console controls, at communication station, by a wall. Rex was reviewing on the video monitor.

In relation to the room, Obiwan was between Rex and the large holo-monitor in the center of the room.

Rex was dressed in a dark blue military officer's uniform, instead of his usual white and blue trooper armor.

While Republic Admirals and Generals wore olive green uniforms, lower ranking officers, such as Captains, wore dark blue uniforms.

The other clone officers in the room were dress in their dark blue officer's uniforms.

Meanwhile, the Jedi were dressed in their usual clothing and robes. Most of the Jedi in the room had their lightsabers holstered on their belts.

The clones officers in the room did not have any weapons on them.

Without a helmet, Rex's short, blond hair was visible. Rex dyed blond hair stood out among the clone officers in the room.

Just then, everyone heard the doors to the communications room slide open.

Everyone turned to see Anakin and Ahsoka walked in, side by side, with Anakin to Ahsoka's left side. They saw Anakin and Ahsoka heading towards Obiwan, while the doors slid closed behind them.

Rex saw one of his fellow officers, whom stood beside him to his right side, was about walk over to stop them.

Rex thought, 'No. This is between them.'

Rex used his right right hand gently grip the other man's left forearm.

The other officer stopped and look at Rex.

Rex shook his head and let go of the man's arm.

The other officer understood what Rex was requesting, and he complied.

Rex and the other officer turned to quietly to watch and listen as Obiwan met with Anakin and Ahsoka.

(_)

As the hallway double-doors to the communication center slid closed, Anakin and Ahsoka walked side by side, with Anakin to Ahsoka's left side.

Obiwan turned towards Anakin and Ahsoka, with the large holo-monitor being to his right.

As they approached, Obiwan saw that not only did Anakin have his lightsaber holstered on the left side of his belt, but that Ahsoka had two new lightsabers, with her weapons holstered on the sides of her belt.

Obiwan asked, “What are you two doing here?” Obiwan focused on Anakin, as he continued, “I told you to stay in your quarters.” He turned to Ahsoka, as he went onto say, “And you could get in real trouble for being here. Especially, carrying those weapons.” After which, he looked at both Anakin and Ahsoka.

By then, Anakin and Ahsoka came to a stop a meter and a half from Obiwan, with the large holo-monitor being to their left sides.

Anakin and Ahsoka looked at Obiwan.

Anakin stated, “We are here to make sure everything remains calm in this situation.”

Obiwan replied, “It is very calm here.” He mentally lamented, 'Well, the calm before the storm. Or, in this case, a Separatist Fleet attack.'

Anakin explained, “Well, it might not be for long. Padme has gone to help Mace.”

Obiwan turned to Ahsoka. Ahsoka gave Obiwan a knowing smile.

Obiwan looked back at Anakin. Obiwan realized, as he said, “You told them.”

Anakin admitted, “Yes. I believe that Mace will need all the help he can get.”

Obiwan groaned, as he thought, 'With the clones here, it is best not to mention that Mace is confronting Palpatine with his Jedi strike force. Though, his odds for victory are better if Padme is there with Mjolnir to help him and the other Jedi.'

Obiwan said, “What is done. Just stay here and keep quiet.”

Anakin commented, “While, I am in no rush, we may need to rush out of here, if things go bad.”

Obiwan responded, “I agree. But, we have more immediate problems.”

Ahsoka asked, “What is the matter?”

Obiwan stated, “The person I was just talking to was Admiral Yularen. He just informed me that a large fleet of Separatist ships have come out of hyperspace in the system. Hundreds of battleships. Thousands of support ships. They will be here in a few hours. It looks like the Separatists are making their big push and our forces are nowhere near large enough to adequately push back with.”

Anakin commented, “So, Loki is making her move, while keeping everyone else busy.”

Obiwan admitted, “And we took the bait without even thinking.”

Anakin commented, “Well, fortunately Padme realized this might be the case. That is why she sent us to you.”

Obiwan replied, “Okay. If you have any ideas, I am willing to listen.”

Anakin turned to his left and he walked to the controls of the large holo-monitor table. As Anakin stood at the controls of the large holo-monitor, Ahsoka stood behind him, to his left, and Obiwan stood behind him to his right.

Ahsoka and Obiwan turned to see what Anakin was doing.

Ahsoka inquired, “What are you doing?”

Anakin slightly learned over the controls. While working the controls, Anakin stated, “I am going to contact Loki and attempt talk her out of this Separatist attack.”

Anakin pulled up holograms of the front of Separatist Fleet advancing on Coruscant above the holo-monitor. Anakin used long range satellite sensors to show the front of the Separatist Fleet.

Obiwan looked at the holograms of the fleet, as he inquired, “How do you know which ship Loki will be on? Or, even if she is part of that fleet?”

Anakin look up at the holograms of the fleet. He turned back to look at the controls. Anakin continued to work the controls, as he said, “Oh. She is there. I do not need the force to tell me that. Loki thinks of herself as a show-woman, with this situation being her holo-play. So, she will be in one of the lead ships. But, she is not foolish. That means she will be in the biggest ship of that fleet.”

The holo-monitor then focused to show one hologram of one the largest of the Separatist ships, which was in the front of the fleet. The hologram showed the Separatist battleship, Malevolence

As Obiwan, Ahsoka, and other people in the room gazed at the hologram.

Obiwan commented, “My word. That is a big ship.”

Ahsoka said, “I never saw one of those in the war.”

Anakin looked up at the hologram. Anakin commented, “I believe Loki kept that secret for an occasion like this. Now, let us see if this works.”

Anakin turned back to the controls. Anakin set the communication signal to be directed at the Malevolence.

Anakin leaned up and looked at the hologram of the Malevolence. Anakin stated, “To the Separatist fleet approaching Coruscant. This is General Anakin Skywalker. I wish to speak to Lady Laufeyson. I know she is with you, and I wish to speak with her.”

A few seconds later, console of the holo-monitor by Anakin stated there was an incoming call. Anakin pressed a button on the controls to accept the call.

The hologram changed from the Malevolence to a large holographic image of Loki. Loki was in a standing position. She wore a green skintight bodysuit, brown fur coat, brown boots and brown leather belt around her waist.

Loki looked in Anakin's direction. Loki commented, “Well... General Skywalker. I did not expect it be you whom I would be speaking with.”

Anakin smiled. Anakin replied, “I am full of surprises.”

Loki giggled a little. Then, she commented, “More so than you likely realize.”

Anakin inquired, “Are you paying attention to current events after your little call to us? After you told Mace that Sidious true identity Palpatine.”

Obiwan thought, 'Well, it looks like the secret is out of the bag.'

Ahsoka hid back a giggle at Anakin's casual demeanor, as Anakin stated what was going on.

Anakin felt those around the room that did not know about Palpatine felt mild surprise. But, even the clones did not react much to the revelation.

Anakin thought, 'Good. I sense that no one in the room is going to do anything stupid, while I negotiate for the lives of everyone on this planet. Though, it is best to do a quick check. I know just how to do so.'

Nearby a wall, Rex heard this. Rex thought, 'Anakin would not lie about this. But, this means out lives are about to get a whole lot more complicated.'

Then, Rex saw Anakin turned to look at him.

Anakin casually asked, “Hi Rex. I hope this does not mean you and the other clones here are going to turn on us?”

Rex answered, “No. General Skywalker.” He looked around at the other clones in the room. He turned to Anakin. Rex continued, “I believe I can speak for my brothers here, and myself, when I say we are going to see how this plays out.” Rex thought, 'We are in a no win situation. I am not going to make things worse for us.'

Anakin replied, “Thank you.”

Anakin turned his attention back to the hologram.

At the hologram, Loki giggled a little as she overheard what was said in the room between Anakin and Rex. Loki stopped giggling. Loki admitted, “That is nice to know. I have been preparing this coming fleet to attack you and the rest of Coruscant.”

Anakin stated, “Well, it may surprise to know that Padme is currently dealing with Palpatine?”

Loki smiled. Loki requested, “That is a pleasant surprise. Though, I need to know if the goal is to kill him? Or, to just capture him?”

Anakin said, “I am not really sure.”

Loki complimented, “I respect your honesty. Still, if he is not dead by the end of the battle, he could still be a problem.”

Anakin agreed, “True. But, with Palpatine exposed as Sidious, he will likely be ousted from the Senate. Along with his immediate subordinates. The Senate will install someone else at leader. Maybe even Padme as the new Supreme Chancellor.”

Anakin thought, 'That would follow the logical course of this situation. Padme assigned Ahsoka and I to handle Loki. Padme would not go to battle like this without first making arrangements to deal with Palpatine's position in the Senate.'

Loki commented, “That is a good argument on your part. Your hopes are ambitious, but respectable. Though, this does change things a bit. Since my original plans are out the window, I may as well tell you them. My original plan was to have you all soften up Palpatine, while I move in my fleet in to kill him, and likely most of the surface of Coruscant with him. Sorry that. But, that is the nature of war.”

Obiwan spoke up, “You were going to destroyed the surface of an entire planet just to kill one man?”

Loki admitted, “Yes. Because I did not have a weapon big enough to outright destroy a planet. You forget that it is reported that it would take a planet crusher weapon to destroy the Senate building.”

Obiwan realized what Loki was alluding to, as he stated, “Oh. I always figure that failsafe would come back to bite the Republic.”

Loki responded, “More's the pity when it comes to the population of the planet. I really do not want to see the population of this planet be killed by my orders. Though, that is neither here nor there. My further plan was that if my fleet failed to kill Palpatine from orbit, I would order the ground forces of my fleet to invade the planet to search for Palpatine in the underground buildings and tunnels that still existed after the heavy orbital bombing. If they found him, they were to kill him. Should they fail to kill him, or more likely fail to find him, I would send in my agents to find and deal with him. If my agents failed to handle the job, I figured Palpatine would be worn down enough that I could deal with him myself.”

Ahsoka said, “That is overkill.”

Loki commented, “Nothing is overkill when is comes to dealing Palpatine. Yet, if the events you are telling me are true. That Padme is facing Palpatine. The chances greatly increase in Palpatine being killed. Should that happen, I am highly considering turning back my fleet. Though, I could crush you now and take complete control of the galaxy. But, be that as it may, now is your chance to convince me to stop my attack.”

Anakin smiled, as he realized something. Anakin said, “It real simple. You have more to gain by not attacking us right now.”

Loki stated, “This I have to hear.”

Anakin explained, “It is obvious that you are in this for the fun. If things play out without your further interference, my... Padme will finish what needs to be done. Once she has defeated Palpatine, one way or another, she will then likely convince the Senate to offer an armistice, and maybe a peace treaty. She will use Mjolnir and aggressive negotiation as needed.”

“While you could attack now, with maybe you wining and taking control of the known galaxy. But, then what? From my experiences with both the Senate and the Jedi High Council, I know that boredom would quickly set in. You would end up having to deal with legions of bureaucrats and sycophants on a daily basis. With many of them plotting against you behind your back. You would never know peace, and the stress of it all would likely drive you insane.”

Loki responded, “Okay. Well, your statements do show where your possible... Future leadership skills come from. I would have hate to have worked for you. Especially, when it came time for peer review.”

Anakin was not sure what Loki was talking about, but the discussion was too important to get sidetracked. Anakin stated, “Well... Whatever... Anyway, if the Galactic Republic still remained, it would actually decrease the number of plots against you from within. Because if they succeeded in defeating you, they would risk a power vacuum and infighting that would allow the Galactic Republic to move in and take charge. And that is not all.”

Loki requested, “You have my interest. Please continue.”

Anakin said, “Even if there is peace at a galactic level, there will still be room left for more secret skirmishes between the Separatists and the Republic. A war without open battle... A different kind of war...”

Loki lips curled into a slight grin, as she finished for him, “A cold war.”

Anakin responded, “I guess that is one way to put it. This would leave room for plenty of plotting and challenges for one such as yourself. Plenty of fun for you, for years to come.”

Loki complimented, “And I thought you were only good at negotiating with a lightsaber.”

Anakin replied, “I had good teachers.” Anakin turned to look at Obiwan. Anakin smiled.

Anakin saw Obiwan notice his smile, and Obiwan returned his smile.

Anakin turned back to look at Loki's hologram. Anakin maintained his smile.

Loki stated, “Clearly you have learned much from many people. You have a deal. Once I have confirmed that Palpatine has been dealt with, I will turn my fleet around and leave this sector of space. I will be expecting Padme's call in the near future. Though, I will be moving my fleet towards Coruscant until hear from Padme.”

Anakin said, “As soon as she contacts us, I will relay your message.”

Loki cautioned, “Do not disappoint me.”

Anakin replied, “I won't.”

Loki ended the holo-conference, with her hologram disappearing.

Obiwan turned to Anakin. He complimented, “Congratulations on stopping a planetary attack purely through discussion. I am proud of you.”

Anakin turned to Obiwan. He responded, “You and Padme were good teachers.”

Obiwan replied, “Thank you.”

Anakin stated, “We have a few hours tell Loki's fleet arrives. That should give Padme some time.”

Obiwan said, “That should be plenty of time for what is happening near the Senate Building to sort itself out. For good or ill. We will figure out our next move depending on how the situation goes.”

Anakin commented, “That is how I view the situation, as well.”

Obiwan replied, “Good.”

Obiwan turned to Ahsoka, “Ahsoka. I have not had a chance to talk to you since what happened. Though, after what happened with your hearing, I am surprised you came.”

Ahsoka turned Obiwan. Ahsoka stated, “Fate of the galaxy and all that. I am upset with you. But, you are still my friend. Give me another month. Then, we will talk.”

Obiwan replied, “Fair enough.” He thought, 'Well, at least we are still friends. Still...' He mentioned, “For the record. I regret not taking a more open role in your defense during the investigation and at your hearing.”

Ahsoka said, “Thank you. Knowing that helps a lot.”

Obiwan felt mild relief, as he thought, 'This is a good sign. Now, to see what is going on in the battle at the North Senate Plaza.'

Obiwan stretched out with his force senses towards the Senate Building and what he sensed troubled him.

Obiwan thought, with worry, 'Oh. This is not good. Not good at all.'

Obiwan looked at both Anakin and Ahsoka. Obiwan commented, in a sober tone of voice, “Still, let us hope that Mace, Padme, and others pull this miracle off. Because I can barely sense Mace. I cannot sense the other Jedi that went with him. And I sense a vast cloud of dark side energy coming from there. I am guessing that is Palpatine.”

Anakin calmly stated, “And I sense that to. But, I also sense a power pushing back against the dark side. Along a visible storm raging over the Senate building. That is Padme and Mjolnir fighting Palpatine.”

Ahsoka suggested, “We could still head over there to help them.”

Anakin turned to Ahsoka. He commented, “No. We would not get there in time. But, I have full faith that Padme will defeat Palpatine.”

Ahsoka replied, “I do, as well.”

Obiwan said, “I believe I will share your faith.” He gravely thought, 'Because is it the only thing left we have.'

Then, they patiently waited for the outcome of the galaxy to be decided, while the knew they had done their parts, and that was all they could do. The rest of Padme's plan was up to others to handle.

(_)

At that moment, in the east-northeastern part of the alcove of plaza level of the Senate Building, a three hundred meters from the two forces of nature clashing in battle, Mace Windu had found shelter. Mace found cover under the large awning of the alcove, by an outer ring of the large circular pillars which were placed in various locations of the ground level of Senate Building. These pillars made up part of the alcoves around the interior of the Senate Building. The alcoves were building as very levels along the Senate Building and not only on the plaza level.

The ceiling of the alcove was ten meters high. The white ceiling lights in the top of the alcove were turned on, providing plenty of light to see with.

Each pillar was ten meters high cylinder, and was over a meter in diameter in width. The base and the top had thick rounded sections that attached the to the floor and ceiling.

The pillars were gray stone with etched patterns going up and down the cylinder. And the thicker sections closer to the floor and ceiling were painted red.

The floor had tiled patterns of red, light brown, and gray stone.

The pillars were set in a grid fashion, twenty pillars deep. Such pillars lined the alcoves of the Senate Building entrances from parts on the ground floor level, all the way up to the higher levels of the Senate Building, where speeders landed on the Senate Building.

The eave over Mace's head was extended far enough out to protect him from the falling rain and hail. The only part of the outside weather that Mace was not sheltered from were some gusts of wind howling between the pillars.

Mace was sitting up against the outer side of one of the large pillars on the outer row.

Mace watched the unfolding battle at a distance. Padme and Palpatine were getting closer and closer to the Senate Building. Though, they were not heading in Mace's direction. Instead, they were heading a three hundred meters to left, to the west-northwest, about a hundred meters from the very north part of the alcove of pillars which Mace found himself in.

As Mace watched the battle unfold, he occasionally checked on his injured upper right arm. Mace knew that given enough time, his injury would he and he would make a full recovery.

But, that was only if he had the time to heal. Mace knew that if Padme lost the battle and she was killed, that Palpatine would kill him next. From the power Palpatine had displayed in holding his own against Mace, defeating Mace's Jedi Strike force, and then battling Padme and Mjolnir, on nearly equal an equal level to the power of Thor, along with Mace's injured right arm, and that he was still a little tired from his battle, Mace highly doubted he would be able to defeat Palpatine.

From the battle raging in the distance, Mace realized he had gravely underestimated Palpatine's power and abilities.

As a child, growing up in the Jedi Temple, in the Jedi archives Mace read stories about the great battles the Jedi and Sith ancient past had against each other. How legends told that some people even viewed these warriors as gods.

This was what first interested Mace in the myth of the Chosen One.

While as a Jedi, Mace had his share of adventures, for the most part Mace had lived in an era of peace, with his adventures mainly dealing with the fate of a few planets and not the entire galaxy.

While some of these missions put Mace in danger, there was no question that the problems and enemies these missions dealt with would be resolved one way or another.

Victory was assured. The only question was how.

Due to this, Mace had craved adventure like from the stories he read about as a child.

Mace had desired to have live in a time of sorcery and the days of high adventure.

Now, Mace got his wish, and for the first time in his life he understood his mistake. For he now had a front row seat to seeing two gods clashing before his eyes. During his entire life had he never felt so small, and so weak, as he did at this moment.

Mace tightened his grip of his deactivated lightsaber, in his right hand, while he realized his mistake to believe he could challenge such power. Even though Mace was proficient in the fighting arts, he was a lightsaber expert, and he was a formidable force master, he was nowhere near the combat level which Padme and Palpatine were presently displaying against one another.

Mace was forced to admit to himself that all he could do at this point was pray that Padme won. Because if Palpatine won, all would be lost.

(_)

Roughly three hundred meters to the west-northwest of Mace Windu, a hundred meters from the northern part of the plaza level alcove of the Senate Building, Padme and Palpatine continued their battle.

Though, both had stopped empowering their weapons and they focused their abilities through other forms of combat.

Though, their dueling storms in the sky still raged above them, with wind, rain, and small pellets of hail falling on them, and the area around them. Though, after they had switched tactics, neither has set lightning from the sky to attack the other. Padme did call down bluish-white lightning from her storm, and Palpatine did not summon black lightning with red highlights from his storm.

The harsh weather beating down on them did not slow neither Padme, nor Palpatine even a little bit.

While they dueled one another, they had tried to circle around each other a few times.

Presently, Padme had her back to the Senate Building.

For the first time since receiving Mjolnir, Padme found herself completely on the defensive, as Palpatine continued to push her back towards the Senate building.

Their battle slowly took them closer to the lower open, alcove of the plaza floor of the Senate Building and the large, rounded pillars that were inside the alcove.

Fortunately, this part of the plaza this close to the alcove was smooth and Padme did not have to worry about tripping over any obstructions.

Also, while they got closer to the Senate Building, the outer lights of the Senate Building became more pronounced and brighter. Including the ceiling lights of the plaza level alcove.

As they fought, both of them gripped their weapons with both hands. Padme gripped the shaft of Mjolnir with both her gloved hands, while Palpatine gripped the hilt of his red bladed lightsaber with both his hands.

As the battle continued, Padme began to realize that Loki had not embellished in her statements concerning Palpatine's powers and abilities.

Padme found Palpatine was matching her in blow for blow. In strength, speed, and power.

Not even Dooku was this vicious in battle.

While Padme could try to use her vibro-katana, the Black Solace, to fight a little more quicker manner, the fight was moving so quickly that Padme did not have an opportunity to draw the sword and turn activate the vibration mechanisms in the weapon.

In addition, Padme remembered Loki's warnings. That should Padme try to use both Mjolnir and the Black Solace at the same time, Palpatine would likely just use the force to immediately shatter the blade in her hands, or use the force to turn it against her.

To add to the dangers Padme faced, as they fought, Palpatine was also constantly trying to use the force to attack Padme's mind. Fortunately, Padme found that her years of learning and experience in mental defenses were able to counter Palpatine's mental attacks.

Though, Padme realized she had to do something, or Palpatine would find a weakness in her defenses that would kill herself and her unborn children.

Then, Padme came up an idea to distract Palpatine.

After using Mjolnir to block another swift, powerful strike by Palpatine's red bladed lightsaber, Padme jumped back fifty meters in an gentle arc that lead her to land closer to the Senate Building. Padme reached the apex of her arc, ten meters in the air, Padme sent a powerful gust of wind below her booted feet, towards Palpatine. The gust of wind had such intense strength and speed that it could knock a hundred plus ton Republic Walker on its side.

Though, the force warned Palpatine of Padme's wind attack. Palpatine swiftly used the force to great equally powerful gust of wind from his left to his right, between Padme and himself.

As the two powerful gusts of wind met each other, they twisted on each other, creating an intensely powerful cyclone which spun counterclockwise into itself and upward as it moved to Palpatine's left, and away from the two combatants.

The powerful cyclone maintaining itself for half a minute, at a distance of roughly a hundred meters through the plaza before it dissipated.

As the cyclone spun away from them, while still in the air, Padme was not deterred by Palpatine's counter.

Padme quickly followed up her attack.

A moment after Padme landed fifty meters from Palpatine, with her holding Mjolnir in both her hands, front of herself, Padme mentally called down bolt of bluish-white lightning rained down from the sky, into the stone floor her Palpatine. The angle of the explosion caused dust and rubble to erupt towards Palpatine.

But, Palpatine reacted quick enough, as he swiftly used the force to throw the dust and rubble right back in Padme's face.

This distracted Padme for only a second, blinding her sight, as she used the wind to quickly clear the area of dust and rubble that Palpatine had sent her way. But, that was enough time for Palpatine to use the force to swiftly bridge the gap between him and Padme.

Though, Padme did hear Palpatine's footsteps approach her and she realized what was able to happen.

Padme barely had enough time to react and raise Mjolnir at the proper angle to block the strike by the red energy blade.

A second later, the wind clear the air, and Padme saw that she had the top of Mjolnir's shaft, where the shaft met the head of the hammer, was holding the middle of the red energy blade of Palpatine's lightsaber. While not Padme's intention, the curved axe blade of the head faced Palpatine.

The head of the hammer was to Padme's left side, Palpatine's right side, while the top of the red energy blade was to Padme's right side, Palpatine's left side.

Padme was careful to push against Palpatine's blade in a manner which directed the energy blade upwards, to be held by the bottom of Mjolnir's head, on the side of the axe blade, so Palpatine could not use his red lightsaber blade to slide down the shaft and injure her gloved hands and fingers.

As Palpatine and Padme's weapons continued to make contact, both used their strength to try to push the other combatant away.

Padme did not give in because to do so would risk Palpatine sliding down the shaft and injuring her hands.

But, if Palpatine saw that if he attempted to do so, the split second it would take to do so could allow Padme to bring the curved axe blade down and into the right side of his skull, instantly killing him.

So instead of Padme or Palpatine trying to take advantage of the situation, both of them pressed against each others weapons in a momentary stalemate.

Padme found that as she attempted to push Palpatine away, Palpatine was able to use the force to match her raw physical strength, with Padme being the one to barely keep Palpatine from pushing her away with his strength.

As Padme held Palpatine back, Padme took a quick glance at where Mjolnir was blocking the red energy blade of Palpatine's lightsaber. There were slight sparks and crackles where Mjolnir and the red energy blade met.

Padme swiftly turned her focus back towards Palpatine. Padme thought, 'I can bench press over a hundred tons without breaking a sweat, and I can barely hold Sheev back. Even I am not sure which of us is truly the more powerful individual. This fight is going to be decided on skill, not power. I am glad I focused my training more on skill than power, of I would have already lost this duel.'

'I do not dare try to use Mjolnir to help me push Sheev back because doing so might allow Sheev to use his lightsaber to slide down the shaft of Mjolnir to destroy my hands and then kill me.'

'At least Sheev likely realizes if he tries something like that, before he can injury my hands, I might be able to bury Mjolnir's axe into his head, killing him.'

'At least, Mjolnir shows no signs of damage from continued contact with the red energy blade. If Sheev was using an Sith enchanted blade, I would worry about Loki's warning that the blade might seriously damage Mjolnir. But, Sheev is only using a lightsaber and he stopping using lightning to empower his energy blade. I believe by using lightning to further empower Mjolnir, I kept Mjolnir from being damaged by those attacks.'

'While I would prefer to keep the lightsaber from constantly touching Mjolnir, given the situation, I do not have much choice in the matter. I can only hope Mjolnir will not be permanently damaged during the battle.'

While the lightsaber red energy blade sparked and crackled a little as the hammer continued to make contact against where the shaft of the hammer met the head of the hammer, right below the curved axe blade of the hammer, Palpatine stated, “It is unfortunate you came, instead of the boy. In light of recent events I realize I cannot turn you. Though, I still might have been able to turn him to my side.”

Padme noticed the slight movement of Palpatine's red energy blade which signaled Palpatine was attempting to pull back his weapon from where Mjolnir had hooked the red energy blade.

Padme did not want to risk Palpatine injuring her hands, she swiftly moved the bottom of Mjolnir's curved axe blade up slightly away from Palpatine's red energy blade to unhook the red energy blade.

Palpatine did not try to injure Padme hands, as he pulled back his weapon, to take an offensive position with his weapon and stance.

At the same time, Padme pulled back Mjolnir, to take a more defensive position with her weapon and stance.

Padme thought, 'Good. Now we can continue this battle. Sheev really is as dangerous as Loki warned. I am really happy she showed me what to expect. Or, I would be in more trouble than I am now in.'

Once Palpatine had fully freed his lightsaber, he struck out with his lightsaber, towards Padme's chest.

Padme was ready for the attack. Padme blocked a lightsaber strike with Mjolnir. Then, Padme gave a left to right swipe of the axe head of her hammer towards Palpatine's midsection, as she stated, “I realized that might have been the case. That is why I convinced him not to confront you.”

Palpatine sidestepped the blow to his left. Once the Padme realized she had missed and pulled back Mjolnir, Palpatine struck forward with his red lightsaber blade towards Padme's chest, as he replied, “That is stating obvious.”

Padme parried the blow to her left with the flat circular part of Mjolnir's head, as she commented, “Of course. Besides. He is no boy. He has grown to be a fine man. And he is my husband.”

Palpatine pulled back his lightsaber, and Palpatine attacked with his lightsaber towards the right side of Padme's helmet, as he sarcastically responded, “Congratulations. I will make sure you are buried together.”

Padme blocked a strike, as she said, “Dream on. Still, you always did have an unhealthy obsession with him.” Padme attempted to go for Palpatine's left upper arm with axe blade of the hammer.

Palpatine took a step back. In response, Padme stopped her attack and she pulled back to stand in a defensive stance, as she held Mjolnir with both her hands in front of herself.

Padme was not sure what Palpatine was doing, so she remained in a defensive stance, as she waited for the next part of the battle to start.

Palpatine took two more steps back. Palpatine came to a stop. Palpatine held his lightsaber hilt with both hands, as he held the blade to his right, over his right shoulder, in an offensive stance. The circular flat end was to Padme's left and the axe blade was to Padme's right.

Padme's years of experience with using Mjolnir allowed her to know which side the circular flat end and the axe blade were on without her looking at the weapon.

Padme and Palpatine did not take their eyes off of each other.

Palpatine did not strike. Palpatine stood there, with his lightsaber at the ready, as he quickly analyzed the situation, to figure out his next move. While Palpatine did so, he pointed out, “You are one to talk.”

Padme did not press her attack. Padme also decided to think over the situation, and the tactics used by Palpatine in their battle against each other.

Both of them readied for their next attack, as Padme stated, “I waited until he was an adult. Besides...” Wind whipped up around them, causing Padme's long blond hair to flow in the wind, as she smirked under her helmet. Padme continued, “I saw him first.”

Then, almost in unison, both of them step forwarded, as they brought their weapons to bear. Palpatine brought down his lightsaber towards Padme. In response, Padme swiftly pulled back and downward to allow her to then quickly do an upper thrust which allowed her catch the red energy blade in the groove between back of the top curved part of the axe blade and the top center part of the head of the hammer.

The axe blade faced downward, diagonal angle away from Padme, with the top tip of the curved axe blade pointed towards Palpatine.

The tip of the red blade pointed toward Padme's left, Palpatine's right.

Palpatine continued to use his lightsaber to push downward and forward toward Padme.

In response, Padme used Mjolnir to push upwards and forward towards Palpatine.

There were small sparks and crackles where Mjolnir met the red energy blade.

Both opponents were attempting to break through their defenses and harm their opponent, or to push their opponent backwards to distract their opponent in the hopes of creating an opening in their opponent's defenses.

Unlike before, when Padme first entered the battle and saved Mace by using Mjolnir to catch Palpatine's red lightsaber blade, presently, Padme's body was positioned in a way she could use her full body to push against Palpatine. Also, because the position in which Mjolnir holding back the red energy blade, Padme's hands and fingers were not in immediate dangers. This allowed Padme to have Mjolnir aid in pushing against Palpatine. But, it was still a struggle against Palpatine using the force to aid him and his lightsaber.

As Padme and Palpatine pressed their weapons against each other, Padme thought, 'Even with Mjolnir's help, Sheev will not allow himself to be pushed back. I am tempted to charge Mjolnir with electricity, send the electricity through the lightsaber and into Sheev's body. But, with Sheev such a master of lightning, I am not sure he has figured out a way to counter such an attack that he can use the electricity against me.'

While they continued to push their weapons against each other, they both attempted to gain a better angle on the other, with them both slowly rotated clockwise, as they continued to press their weapons against each other.

While Padme and Palpatine continued to slowly circle around each other clockwise, as they pressed their weapons against each other, in an attempt to break the others defenses, Palpatine stated, “I wish you were this powerful in the force. With your natural guile, you would have made a wonderful Sith apprentice. Still, I did enjoy teaching you politics.”

Under her helmet, Padme dropped her smirk, as she responded, “Oh. I remember those lessons well. And you were a poor teacher. Most of what I learned when I became a Senator was from Bail. If you have instructed me in the art of war, I would not even been half as powerful as this. Besides I found much better teachers than you.”

Palpatine roared in fury and rage at Padme's insult.

In response to Palpatine's momentary distraction, Padme used her strength and Mjolnir to swiftly push forward and upwards against Palpatine's lightsaber. At the same time, Padme call for two strong gusts of wind to form from behind her to her sides, with the gusts of wind combining directly in front of her, to hit Palpatine which and push him up and away from Padme.

Palpatine was caught off guard. The combination of the weapon thrust and the gust of wind swiftly lifted up and hurled Palpatine towards the plaza Senate alcove. The apex of Palpatine's flight being fifteen meters in the air, with him traveling roughly seventy meters backwards.

Unfortunately, while in the air, Palpatine used the force to right himself. Palpatine let go of his lightsaber with his left hand. Palpatine held his lightsaber hilt in his right hand, as he moved the lightsaber away from himself, to his right side.

Palpatine made sure he did not hit not hit the ceiling, nor one of the pillars as flew through the air. Palpatine started to descend from his fifteen meter apex of his trajectory to be eight meters from the ground, as he passed under the lip of the awning of the alcove.

Palpatine used the force to safely land on his feet, with him facing Padme. His lightsaber in his right hand, to his right side. Palpatine had landed between two large pillars, on the outer row of pillars. Palpatine stood nearer to large pillar to his right, with the closer pillar being roughly three meters from him.

Palpatine was out of the rain and hail, but the wind currents created by the raging storms above still howled through the pillars of the alcove.

Padme saw where and how Palpatine landed.

Padme rushed towards the plaza Senate alcove where Palpatine landed.

The white lights in the ceiling of the plaza level alcove provided plenty of illumination for Palpatine to see with, as Palpatine watched Padme rushing towards him.

Palpatine kept his eyes on Padme, as he swiftly used the force to cause the giant pillar to his right side, along the outer row, to break free from the floor and ceiling. Palpatine used the force to hold the pillar in the air as he rotated the pillar. Then, Palpatine threw the pillar towards Padme, with the length of the pillar horizontal whirling towards the thunder warrior.

Padme saw the pillar hurled towards her. Padme quickly came to a stop just inside the awning alcove. Padme was now out of the rain and hail outside, and she was about twenty meters from Palpatine.

Padme immediately changed her grip on the hammer, with the axe head facing away from her. Then, as she held the shaft of the hammer in both her hands, she quickly charged the hammer with electricity.

Padme had just enough time to bring the hammer to bare. Padme held the hammer with the axe end facing the pillar, as she focus on Mjolnir staying in place.

A second later, the center of the stone pillar made contact with the curved axe blade end of the hammer. Mjolnir stay in place and the weapon protected Padme, as Mjolnir discharged the electricity it held into the center of the pillar.

While Mjolnir prevented the center of the pillar from moving, the pillar was stopped by the axe blade, with Mjolnir discharging the electricity from the axe blade into the center of the pillar. At the same time, the momentum of ends of the pillar continued to move.

The combination of the weight of the ends of the pillars, with the center being stopped by Mjolnir, as Mjolnir discharged the electricity into the pillar, caused the pillar to explode in half where the axe blade met the pillar.

The explosion and momentum of the two large pieces of the pillar to split around Padme and turn ninety degrees to slide to a stop behind Padme, to her sides.

The splitting the pillar in half gave Padme an idea.

Padme charged towards Palpatine, as she had Mjolnir charge all the lightning it could and channel all that power into the very edge of Mjolnir's sharp curved axe blade.

Palpatine brought his lightsaber up to bear, in front of him, as he gripped the hilt of his lightsaber with both his hands. Palpatine pointed the red energy blade at an upper right angle in front of his chest.

When Padme was ten meters from Palpatine, she jumped into the air in an arcing angle that would bring her to land right in front of Palpatine. As Padme jumped, she brought up Mjolnir with both her hands.

Palpatine used the force to enhance himself and guide his lightsaber for the coming blow.

While Palpatine watched Padme reach the apex of her jump, which was three meters in the air, Palpatine swiftly thought, 'If I sidestep the blow, Padme will go back on the offensive. If I try to directly strike her as she lands, both of us will kill each other. But, if I block the blow, and I am quick enough, I can then sidestep and slice Padme in half across her stomach before she realizes what has happened.'

As Padme began her downward arc, she began to bring down the axe blade of her hammer.

Palpatine could tell that Padme was going to land right in front of him. He readied himself for the blow.

Though, Palpatine noticed the angle Padme had jumped was slightly diagonal to the grid layout of the pillars in the alcove. Palpatine adjusted his body to be in the proper position Padme's attack.

When Padme's feet touch the ground, Mjolnir's curved axe blade hit the center of the red energy blade of Palpatine's lightsaber. When the edge of the axe blade made contact with the center of the red energy blade, all the electricity on the edge of the axe blade released, and caused something Palpatine did not expect. The release of the electricity allowed the axe blade to slice through the elongated electromagnetic container and super-heated plasma inside to break Palpatine's red energy blade in half.

The release of this power from the axe blade and the broke electromagnetic containment of the lightsaber blade did several things at once, as Mjolnir's axe blade continued its downward arc.

A quarter of a second after the explosion, the explosion began to blow Palpatine almost directly backwards in a slightly upwards angle, forcing his hands apart, which his left hand letting go of his lightsaber hilt, while his right hand continued to hold his lightsaber. But, Palpatine did not fully clear Padme's axe blade attack, as the blade of Mjolnir's axe cut through Palpatine clothing, from his chest, to the top part of his stomach. Unfortunately, while the cut ripped through his clothing, the strike only made less than a half a centimeter deep into Palpatine's chest. This was enough to cut through the skin, but not much else.

Fortunately, the explosion has forced Palpatine's hands apart, preventing the Mjolnir's axe blade from harming his arms and hands.

Half a second after the explosion, while flying directly backwards in the air, the force of the explosion caused Palpatine hands to further spread apart. When Palpatine's arms were fully spread apart, his right hand let go of his lightsaber hilt, with the hilt continuing to fly away to Palpatine's right side.

A few second after the explosion, as Palpatine continued to sail in the air away backwards, his lightsaber flew through the air to his right, crystal had destabilized inside the hilt of the lightsaber. Half a second later, the lightsaber crystal exploded, destroying the lightsaber.

Due to Padme's attack being at a slight angle to the grid layout of the pillars, Palpatine was not through back between the pillars. Instead, he was thrown towards on of the pillars of the second row from the exterior row of pillars, with the second row pillar having previous been to his right, several meters behind him.

Because of the speed of events and the surprise Palpatine felt from what happened, he did not have time to react. Two full seconds after the explosion, Palpatine landing flat on his back, three meters above the floor, against the rounded part of a pillar on the second row from the exterior row of pillars.

The explosion had not effected Padme due to Mjolnir, the physical abilities of her strong form, the momentum of her jump and her landing.

Padme halted her strike as her fully feet hit the ground. Padme watched as Palpatine was blow back in the air, until his back hit one of the pillars, to Padme's right, which was further into the alcove.

Palpatine's credit as a warrior, after he hit the pillar, he forced himself to not be stunned. Palpatine quickly became a alert, as he used the force to safely to slide down the pillar and land on his feet.

Palpatine did a quick check of his body. He found he was still mostly unharmed, except for soreness in his hands and arms from the explosion, mild cuts and bruised on his chest from the explosion and Mjolnir's axe blade, and his back and back of his head from hitting the pillar from behind.

Palpatine was beginning to feel the mental and physical exhaustion from the prolonged battle he had been having. First from Mace's twenty-four Jedi subordinates. Then, Palpatine's intense battle with Mace. After which, Palpatine fought Padme, whom had Mjolnir and the power of Thor, on an equal footing for over an hour.

Also, Palpatine was not a young man. Physically, he was long passed his prime. But, his mastery of the force allowed him to move beyond such frailties. Still, the endurance of these battles were starting to take a toll on his mind and body.

Though, Palpatine felt he could still achieve victory in this battle. He felt he was to close to his goal of being Emperor of the Galactic Republic to give us now. So, Palpatine pushed back to feeling of exhaustion, as he forced himself to continue to the current battle he faced.

Still, Palpatine could sense that Padme was nowhere near being tired. Palpatine realized if he was to win, he would have to be inventive in achieving. But, being creative in his strategies was one of Palpatine's many talents.

As Palpatine fully stood up straight, he looked at Padme, while Padme looked at Palpatine.

Neither combatant took their eyes off of their opponent.

The dueling storms still raged outside, meaning the battle had not ended.

Palpatine looked to his right to see the destroyed remains of his lightsaber, which had landed on the floor ten meters from him. Palpatine turned to look at Padme. Palpatine saw he was able about eighteen meters from Padme.

Palpatine thought, 'It looks like I was not the only one planning ahead. Now, without a lightsaber, I am at a disadvantage. But, while I feel a little tired from this battle, I am mostly uninjured, and I can still fight in other ways. And I see more weapons than just Mjolnir.'

Palpatine turned back to see Padme had stood in place, with Padme taking a defensive stance, she held Mjolnir by the shaft with both hands.

Palpatine thought, 'Though, you did not press you attack while I was distracted. You are being cautious. Good. That means you realize I am dangerous even without a lightsaber.'

Padme noticed Palpatine look at her. Padme firmly stated, “It's over.” Padme thought, 'Though, I am being careful with you, considering your force abilities are far more dangerous than your lightsaber abilities. I still hard my storm and your storm outside, meaning this battle is not really over. But, I am hoping you are willing to surrender. Though, even if you do surrender, I am not sure how I am going to approach and contain you while help arrives.'

The acoustics of the alcove they were in easily carried their voices. Palpatine had no problems hearing Padme, and Padme's enhanced senses allowed her to hear Palpatine with ease.

Palpatine yelled, “Never!” He outstretched his right hand towards Padme.

Padme suddenly felt a jerking motion coming from the scabbard of the Black Solace and black leather strap across her chest which held the scabbard in place. Padme realized what was happening.

In addition, Padme remembered Loki's warning to not have one of her arms reach across her chest during the battle.

Padme swiftly let go of the hammer with her left hand and she raised her left hand over her left shoulder to grip the hilt of the Black Solace, which was sticking out from behind Padme's left shoulder.

While Padme could not use her left hand to unsheathed the vibro-katana, she could use her left hand hold the Black Solace in place.

Padme found the Black Solace was already a few centimeters out of its scabbard.

Padme felt Palpatine's pull of the force, as he attempted to steal the Black Solace to use as a weapon against her. But, Padme physical strength was greater than the amount of force Palpatine was using to attempt to steal the Black Solace from Padme.

With Padme's left hand, Padme firmly gripped the hilt of the Black Solace and she used her left arm to push the sword fully back into its hilt, where she held the sword in place.

Padme looked over at Palpatine, as the two fought over control of the Black Solace.

Padme was careful to hold the vibro-kanata in a way that its safeties were still on, so Palpatine could not use the force to flip the switch at the top of the hit to turn on the vibro-katana while it was in its scabbard.

Over the years, Padme occasionally spent time studying her weapons. Both Mjolnir and the Black Solace. Padme found that the safety systems in the vibro-katana were more than Obiwan and Anakin had been informed of. Padme found that from the way the vibro-katana guard and blade were designed to go into the scabbard of the weapon, in theory the safety systems would prevent the vibration mechanism from being turned on while the blade was in the scabbard, but Padme never tested this theory, and she was not taking any chances.

A few seconds later, Palpatine realized trying to steal the Black Solace was a lost cause and he stopped using the force to attempt to do so.

As Padme felt Palpatine stop trying to steal her sword, with her left hand on the hilt of the sword, she made sure the Black Solace was firming in its scabbard. Then, she let go of the hilt of Black Solace with her left hand. After which, Padme used her left hand to grip the center of the shaft of Mjolnir, right below the grip on the shaft she made with her right hand.

While Padme held Mjolnir with both her gloved hands in front of her herself, she slightly adjusted her defensive stance to better prepare for what Palpatine might do next.

Padme looked at Palpatine, as Palpatine looked towards Padme.

Padme said, “You will gain no advantages from me.”

Palpatine raised his left arm in front of himself, to have his left hand beside his raised right hand. He outstretched both of his hands towards Padme, as he commented, “There are other ways to deal with you.”

Palpatine attempted to use the force to pull Padme's lifeforce from her body to use to empower himself.

For a brief second Padme felt Palpatine pulled at her lifeforce, as a tether of red light came from Padme and flowed into Palpatine.

Though from Padme's experience with Durge, Padme swiftly recognized what was happening. Padme felt connect and she quickly used the power Mjolnir gave her to block the connection.

The red tether between Padme and Palpatine disappear less than a second after it appeared.

Padme felt momentarily weakened, bue to feeling the lifeforce being slightly drained. But, within a few seconds of the attacking ending, Padme felt her strength fully return to her body.

Also, due to Padme summoning the power from Mjolnir needed to defend herself from the lifeforce attack, she also gained temporary ability to sense the lifeforces and other types of energy around herself.

Padme immediately became aware of the lifeforces of her unborn children within her were body. Also, she felt her lifeforce would be fine and Mjolnir had been unaffected by the attack.

Though, while Padme continued to look at Palpatine, Padme did not try to sense Palpatine, because she realized that by doing so may open herself up to any number of mental attacks. Instead, Padme viewed Palpatine, as she used both her hands to hold Mjolnir at the ready, while she maintained her mental defenses.

But, as Padme continued to look toward Palpatine she noticed something.

As Palpatine felt the little bit of the lifeforce he was able to steal from Padme enter his body, instead of feeling revitalized, Palpatine felt a burning pain spread throughout his body, from the entry point of his hands, through his arms, and into the rest of his body.

Padme watched as Palpatine pulled his arms to his sides, as he clinched his fingers. Palpatine's face grimaced with pain.

Padme thought, 'Just as Loki has warned in how infusing energy from one person to another can cause a bad reaction in the recipient. It is clear my lifeforce does not mix will with Sheev's lifeforce. My light to his darkness. The same way his black lightning full of dark side energy was able to harm me. It serves him right for trying this attack so late in the battle. At least I can sense my unborn children are fine, and I have quickly recovered from this attack.'

For a few seconds, Padme saw red energy emanate around Palpatine's body, as Palpatine quickly purged himself of the energy he had stolen from Padme.

Padme watched Palpatine relax his face and body.

Padme maintained her defensive stance, with her hands on Mjolnir's shaft, as she held the hammer in front of herself.

Padme thought, 'I should not be surprised he knows how to swiftly purge himself of energy that harms him.'

Padme commented, “The light and the dark do not mix well. Not that it matters. You have lost. Surrender or die.”

Palpatine looked over at Padme, as he gritted his teeth. While Palpatine was able to he purge himself of Padme's energy. Padme's energy had taken a told on his already tired, sore body. Though, Palpatine pushed passed the pain and exhaustion he felt, as he forced himself to continue the battle.

Palpatine thought, with bitterness, 'I should have known better than to try to take energy from one so strong in the light as you are. Given time I will fully recover. But, there is another way to win this battle.'

Palpatine forced himself to stand upright. He raised his right arm in front of himself and he outstretched his right hand towards Padme.

Palpatine stated, “If I cannot take. I can give.”

Padme immediately realized what Palpatine was going to do.

While Padme maintained her mental defenses, Padme swiftly use Mjolnir's power to shield her body from the attack.

Unlike the energy shield from earlier, which was a dome around Padme's body. Padme felt that this energy shield was like an invisible fire which radiated out of her body in all directions. Padme did not feel any discomfort from the energy that radiated from her body. Padme only felt a slight warmth from this energy. This power was harmless to Padme and her unborn children, but the shield would protect her from any energy attacks that may harm her and her unborn children.

A moment later, a black color tether of the force erupted from Palpatine's right hand towards Padme's body.

As the black tether hit Padme's armor and body, the energy field around Padme's body and the black tether clashed, which caused the Padme's energy shield to become visible as white light emitting from her body, armor, helmet, and weapons.

The energy from the black tether brushed against Padme's energy shield, the tether broke apart at the end to create black electrical arcs from the white energy shield that radiated around Padme's body and armor like radiating white fire.

Due to the seriousness of the situation, Padme reigned in her thoughts and emotions, as she felt the dark power pushing against her energy shield and body, but she felt none of the dark power enter her, her unborn children, and Mjolnir.

A few seconds after Palpatine began this attack, he swiftly realized his attack was not working.

A moment later, Palpatine stopped his attack, with the black tether immediately disappearing. Though, Palpatine kept his open right hand raised in front of himself, with his right hand pointed at Padme.

The whiteness of Padme's shield disappeared, and the shield became invisible. Though, Padme continued to maintain her energy shield which radiated from her body.

Palpatine thought, 'I should not be surprised you have learned to create defenses from such attacks. If this had worked, you would either be my thrall, or the dark energy mixing with your light energy would have crippled, or even killed you.'

While Padme maintained her energy shield and her mental defenses, with the attack over, Padme allowed herself to mentally process what had just happened, and she was furious that Palpatine would try something like this.

Padme looked at Palpatine.

Under her helmet, Padme grimaced, as she thought, 'Sheev! How does you try something like this! You will pay for this!' Padme's lips curled into a smirk, as she came up with an idea. Padme continued her thoughts, 'And I just know how to do it.'

Padme used both hands to hold Mjolnir, as she pointed the top of the head of the hammer at Palpatine. Mjolnir's axe blade pointed downward and Mjolnir's flat circular head pointed upward.

Padme strongly stated, “For this attempted violation, you will suffer!”

Palpatine immediately sensed what Padme was going to do.

Palpatine held up his outstretched right hand in a defensive position, as he used the force to shield himself in an invisible force shield around himself what was two meter in circumference from around his body, from the floor to over his head to his outstretched right hand. Palpatine's focused the strongest point of the force shield to be just beyond right hand, which faced towards Padme and Mjolnir.

A moment later, Padme attacked Palpatine with the power of the hammer. But, Padme focused on the type of power Mjolnir attack Palpatine with.

Instead, of the bluish-white lightning coming out of Mjolnir, Padme focused on gathering the same type of energy from Mjolnir that harmed Palpatine a minute ago, when he foolishly tried to drain Padme of her lifeforce.

Mjolnir erupted with bright, white colored lightning which was aimed directly at Palpatine, with Padme having Mjolnir continued to generate and channel that white energy towards Palpatine.

Through the brightness, Padme watched her attack head towards Palpatine.

Palpatine knew he could not channel that type of energy through his body. To attempt to do so would cause serious harm to his body, if not outright kill him. As such, Palpatine continued to use the force to shield himself.

As the white lightning hit Palpatine's force shield which was just beyond Palpatine's outstretch right hand, the force shield become visible as a black dome around Palpatine.

The white lightning created white electrical arcs as it hit the black dome.

But, unlike the black tether, Padme further had Mjolnir pour on the power in a continuous channel of white lighting, like the attack was a white flame thrower hitting Palpatine's shields.

As Padme continued the attack, she saw cracks behind to form around where her bright, white lightning was hitting the black dome.

While Padme enhanced senses allow her the durability for her eyes to see the brightness of her attack, the bright white lightning was blinding to Palpatine, forcing him to squint his eyes as he saw, passed his right hand, on the interior side of the black dark side force energy shield the white lightning peeking through cracks of the beginning to form on his shield, due to Padme's continuous attack.

Palpatine was pouring everything he had into his force shield, but he could sense his force shield start to buckle under Padme's attack and there was nothing he could do stop his force shield from collapsing. All Palpatine could do is slow down the collapse of his force shield.

Over the next few seconds Padme's white energy sparked and crackled against Palpatine's black force shield. The cracks in Palpatine's black force shield were already began to show. The cracks began to swiftly become wider and more numerous as the black force shield began to collapse under the assault of Padme's white energy attack.

When the shield completely collapsed, Padme' white lightning rushed passed Palpatine's right hand and the white lightning directly hit Palpatine squarely in his chest, where Padme had already, from a previous attack, used Mjolnir axe blade to slice through Palpatine's chest and slightly cut him.

Still, Palpatine had enough force power and strength of will to prevent himself from being knocked back by Padme's energy attack. Though, the Sith Lord suddenly found his body in pain as the energy continued to strike him.

Palpatine fought to remain standing.

The attack ripped his body and clothing. The energy attack opened numerous tears throughout his clothing and small spots on his skin were beginning to slightly burn.

From the combined exhaustion of the prolonged battle, the pain from Padme's current attack, Palpatine finally lost his battle to remain standing. Palpatine dropped to his knees, while his arms dropping to hang at his sides. Palpatine's head lowered towards the floor, as he breathed heavily through the pain of Padme's continued white energy attack.

Padme saw this and she immediately seized her attack, with the white lightning not longer erupting from Mjolnir. With Padme's stopping the attack, the hammer dissipated the energy charge still contained within the weapon.

Padme gripped both her hands on Mjolnir's shaft, as she kept the top of Mjolnir's head aimed at Palpatine.

Also, Padme maintained her invisible energy shield.

Padme saw that Palpatine's clothes were tore in several places. Also, the attack had caused Palpatine to develop small burn marks on his lower right jaw, his left check, the back of his right hand, and the tips of his left fingers.

Palpatine continued to look down towards the floor, as he breathed heavily.

Under her helmet, Padme held a firm expression on her face. Padme still felt fury towards Palpatine over a number of grievances he had caused her. Both presently and in the past. But, her anger was now tempered by seeing how she had literally brought Palpatine to his knees.

Padme pointed Mjolnir at Palpatine, as she warned, in grave tone of voice, “Death is too good for you. If you force me to kill you, I will make sure you slowly suffer as I kill you. You already know that I have experience, knowledge, and power, to make good on my claim. I will not repeat myself again. Surrender or die.”

Palpatine heard what Padme said.

Palpatine looked up at Padme. Palpatine thought, 'I do not need the force to tell you are being serious. I am in trouble. My clones are not ready. But, I have one last move.'

Palpatine reached deep into himself and he pulled forth what little energy in the force he had left within himself.

Palpatine looked at Padme. Palpatine had a mask of stubbornness on his face. Palpatine stated, in a firm tone of voice, “I will not allow you to be my executioner. Not now. Nor ever.”

Palpatine roared in raged as black lightning with red highlights shot down from the sky from the storm Palpatine controlled. The black lightning with red highlights swiftly traveled through the alcove, between outer row of the pillars to Padme's left side, to envelop Palpatine's body and clothing.

In the blink of an eye, Palpatine was gone with the flash of the black lightning with red highlights hitting him.

The only sign left of Palpatine was the slight burn mark on the large stone tile below where Palpatine has been kneeling, where the black lightning with red highlights had grounded into the floor.

While Palpatine suddenly disappeared, Padme did not relax her guard.

Padme held Mjolnir in a defensive stance, as she focused on his mental defenses.

Padme maintained her invisible energy shield which surround her body.

Padme risked using her temporary energy abilities to sense the area around herself. As Padme did this, she thought, 'I doubt that was an illusion, with Sheev making himself invisible in a similar force technique the witches of Dathomir tried against me and failed. The ceiling allow me to see there are no shadows in the area, except for myself, Mjolnir, and the pillars. I do not hear any footsteps. And I no longer smell him in the wind.'

'It is possible Palpatine killed himself. If that is the case he might try to possess me or someone nearby. But, for as far as I can stretch my abilities, I do not sense his darkness anywhere. Besides, Sheev is too much of a narcissistic to kill himself.'

'This likely means that lightning ability was used to teleport Palpatine away and he escaped. Not that this matters. Everyone has now learned of the monster he is. There will be nowhere for him to run. And at least I do not have to fight his spirit.'

Padme turned to look towards the harsh weather raining down on the plaza outside of the large alcove she was in.

Since Padme realized there was no intimidate danger to herself, her anger turned to alleviation, as she let out a breath of relief.

Padme let her storm dissipate from the sky.

With Palpatine no longer present, he could not continue his storm.

Padme heard the rumbling thundering from the storms in the sky come to a sudden stop.

Padme watched as both storms in the sky quickly collapsed and dissipated back into a clear night sky.

In the distance, towards the north, passed the norther part of Senate Plaza, Padme saw the cityscape illuminate the night sky.

Padme allowed her invisible energy shield to disperse, and she relaxed her mental defenses a little.

Padme felt mildly elated and playful at finally defeating the evil that had cast a shadow over her life for so many years.

Padme let go of Mjolnir with her left hand, as she maintained a firm grip of the hammer's shaft in her right hand.

Padme held Mjolnir in her right hand, as she moved the hammer to have the head of the hammer held in front of herself, at her eye level.

Padme looked at Mjolnir, as she verbally asked, in a humorous tone of voice, “You think he is dead?... I doubt it. But, this was his last big chance to take over the Galactic Republic... He knows he has lost... And he suffered before he escaped... He won't come after us for a long time...' She placed her left hand over her stomach, as she continued, “At least until my children are born...”

Padme giggled, as she said out loud, “Twins... That is news. And good news from a very unexpected source.”

Padme lowered her hammer to her right side, and her left hand to her left side, as she took slow, deep breaths.

Padme thought, 'I cannot rest, yet. There is still much to do. Now, to talk to Mace. During the battle, I saw him sitting against an outer pillar not far to the east of here.'

Padme turn towards the east-southeast, in the direction she saw Mace in.

Padme though, 'Now, to deal with the next problem. Though, let us go around the pillars.'

Padme turned to the north. She raised up Mjolnir and she used the hammer to fly the short distance, passed the outer rows of pillars.

Once Padme clearer the outer ring of pillars by roughly a hundred meters, she hovered a few meters in the air, as she turned to the south-southeast. Padme quickly spotted Mace about three hundred meters away. Padme headed over towards the Jedi Master, at a reasonable speed.

Half a minute later, as Padme approached Mace, she saw Mace was sitting against an outer pillar, looking towards her. But, Mace did not otherwise react.

A few seconds later, Padme landed eight meters from Mace, to Mace's left side, by the large pillar Mace was sitting against. With Mace facing the plaza.

As Padme calmly walked over to Mace, she saw Mace look up and smile towards her.

Mace inquired, “I felt Palpatine's presence in the force disappear. Is he dead? Is Darth Sidious dead?”

Padme continued walking, as she admitted, “I am not sure. I saw him disappear in a bolt of black lightning with red highlights. Though, if he is not dead, I doubt he will trouble us any time soon.”

Mace complimented, “I agree. And that was one hell of a battle.”

Padme responded, “Yes. It was. Though, I admit that you and the other Jedi soften him up some, before I confronted him. And I got in a lucky shots at the end which turned the tide of battle in my favor.”

Mace happily pointed out, “Sometimes that is all it takes.”

By then, Padme came to a stop by Mace, to Mace's left, front side. From the angle Padme stood, she could still see the burn wound on Mace's right upper arm. A second later, her eyes move to look towards Mace's eyes.

Padme commented, “I see you are going to live to stand trial.”

Mace asked, “Yes. I am going to live. But, from what it sounds like you are placing me under arrest?”

Padme said, “Sadly. Yes. You tried to commit an illegal coup. This cannot be ignored.”

Mace sighed. Then, Mace calmly stated, “I guess it cannot. Though, after everything that has happened. At this point, I am not going to try anything.”

Padme responded, “Good. I really do not want to have to fight anyone else tonight.” Then, she walked over and sat down beside Mace, to Mace's left side. Padme set Mjolnir between them, on it's side, with with the end of the shaft by them, near the pillar. The curved axe blade faced Padme and the circular flat end faced Mace. After Padme sat down, she leaned her back against the pillar.

Padme felt the scabbard of the Blade Solace be between her back and the pillar, but she did not care.

Mace looked at Padme's stomach. Padme noticed this.

Both adults turned to look each other in their eyes. Mace asked, “Anakin's kids?”

Padme calmly admitted, “Yes.”

Mace look into the distance in front of himself. Mace chuckled, as he said, “I'm too tired to complain.”

Padme stated, “Thank you. By the way, I got your message. I appreciate it. But, it was not very detailed.”

Mace turned to look at Padme. Mace inquired, “That is why you lied to us. Though, I understand. Still, how did you know to come here?...” Mace realized, as he continued, “Anakin told you.”

Padme replied, in a matter of fact tone of voice, “Of course.”

Mace pointed out, “He was ordered not to.”

Padme stated, “Fate of the galaxy at hand and you did not call me first. Your most powerful ally. If you had, I could have made your whole operation here very legal for you.”

Padme looked over at some of the corpses of Jedi whom had scattered by the strong winds, during the battle, through the northern parts of the Senate Plaza. Fortunately, none of the corpses had not be swept away, over the edges of the plaza, by the winds which had previously be present during the battle.

Padme went onto say, “And a few less lives would have been lost tonight.”

Mace mentioned, “Speaking of that. Palpatine used the force to throw five of my men into the sky early in the fight. It is possible they could have survived.”

Padme commented, “I will make sure some people are assigned to look for them, after other more immediate matters are dealt with.”

Mace stated, “Thank you. In retrospect, it was a mistake not to contact you sooner.”

Padme turned to Mace. She said, “I am glad you are mature enough to admit to that. Though, you realize I am still going to have to arrest you.”

Mace responded, “I am not going anywhere. But, what are your plans? Given that Palpatine has been exposed, it does not take a genius his allies in the Senate will go into hiding. That will leave either you, or your close allies in charge of the Senate.”

Padme admitted, “That is part of my plan, even before I came to aid you in confronting Palpatine.”

Mace commented, “You always were cunning. Though, I wonder what will become of the Order? We are not exactly on speaking terms with the Senate. And we are clearly stretched too thin to fight you.”

Padme realized where Mace was going. She allayed her friend's fears. She stated, “I am going to try to salvage the Jedi Order. Though, most of the high council are going to have to be arrested and tried for what happened here tonight.”

Mace commented, “Those that survived.”

Padme answered, “You and those on the high council whom are suspected in this coup attempt will be tried. Most of you. Though, likely not all. Will be found guilty. Still, due to the mitigating circumstances, you will likely be sent to prison. But, not for a life sentence. I sure none of you are planning to escape. Doing so would further begin embarrassment and dishonor to the Jedi Order. And I will make sure you will be imprisoned in a places where you will be treated as prisoners, and not as slaves.”

Mace pointed out, “Well, I appreciate that. Still, you did the same thing.”

Padme stated, “Only because you did not trust anyone outside your Order. There was no one else. Besides, as I told Palpatine, I still retained my authority to arrest anyone below the rank of Supreme Chancellor, which I made sure Palpatine was likely not before I confronted him. While you acted impulsively. You should have known better. You took the law into your own hands, without even thinking of the consequences.”

“Between Anakin being used by you to spy on Palpatine. And then, Palpatine using Anakin to antagonize the Jedi with his appointment to the High Council. Yes. Anakin told me about all that. Anyone could see that even if Loki had not contacted you, Palpatine would have eventually set a similar trap like this to lure the Jedi into taking the bait. And you fell for it. In doing so, you lead a lot of good people to their deaths.”

“If you had contacted me, I would have helped to expose Palpatine in a way that would not have endangered the Jedi Order.”

Mace conceded, “You may have a point there.”

Padme asked, “If you had defeated Palpatine, what were your plans for the Senate?”

Mace admitted, “I hadn't actually thought that far.”

Padme stated, “You are better than this. I know that. But you became so caught up in the moment that you allowed the situation to control you. I know the Jedi are trained not to allow this to happen, because Obiwan and Anakin gave me those same lessons. I can guess what would have happened, if you did defeated Palpatine, was that you might have been tempted to dissolve the Senate, abolish what is left of the Ruusan Reformation, and go back to the age of the Jedi Lords, which was a dark age for the galaxy and likely one of the most dishonorable eras in history for the Jedi Order.”

Mace bitterly replied, “I know that.”

Padme said, “If you had done so, you would have started a civil war within the Galactic Republic. The Republic would have tore itself a part at a time we need to come together. We are still fighting the Separatists. We cannot afford to fight amongst ourselves. If this had happened the Separatists would have likely taken advantage of the situation and defeated us while we were fighting each other.”

Padme thought, 'Loki still might take advantage of this situation. I just have to hope that Anakin and Ahsoka succeeded on their end. Or, this is going to be a very short victory.'

Mace responded, “You might be right. For what it is worth, outside of the High Council, the rest of the Jedi did not know what we were planning. They are innocent.”

Padme lips curled into a slight smile, as she commented, “Good. That is what I thought, as well.”

Mace mentioned, “And for the record, Yoda did not like the idea. And Obiwan was not thrilled either. Whether they agreed or not, I had already planned to head out the door.”

Padme said, “That will help our friends. I will see if Yoda will agree to take control of the Jedi until he can reform the High Council. I do not want a power vacuum at the top of the Jedi Order. I am not going to force someone with inexperience, especially Anakin, into being forced to run the Jedi Order.”

Mace let out a laugh. Mace stated, “He would crack in under a week.”

Padme deadpanned, “I know. And so would likely Obiwan. As such, Yoda will probably have to do the job.”

Mace inquired, “I agree. And speaking of Obiwan. What are your plans for him?”

Padme said, “If Anakin and Ahsoka talked some sense into Obiwan, I will see what I can do. Though, Obiwan will likely have to resign from the Jedi Order. But, I will find something that will keep him busy at a job which he will like. As for the other members of the Order, outside of the high council, that will be up to them and the Order.”

Mace offered, “This is comforting to learn. I will make you a deal. I will be the scapegoat. I will take the fall. I was the one that pushed to find the Sith in the first place. I will admit to everything and willingly accept any punishment for these charges, if the rest of the members of the Jedi Order are sparred.”

Padme stated, “You need not fall on your sword. We do not need such theatrics. You will be tried. Fairly. Given that Palpatine fooled us all, except for most of the council high members, I believe that most of the members of the Jedi Order will be spared.”

Mace said, “Thank you. And here.”

Mace held his deactivated lightsaber in his right hand. He used his right arm to reach over himself, and hand his deactivated lightsaber hilt to Padme.

Mace said, “Whatever happens, I am not going to need this. I would hate for this to end up in an evidence locker somewhere. With it sitting there, collecting dust. I know you will use it. It uses a rare violet crystal. That hammer of yours seems to be good to use with two hands. Though, from what I have seen, Mjolnir never seemed to fit well as a one-handed weapon. Not like the Black Solace, which is good in both roles. So, when you use your sword in one hand, I would not want your other hand to feel lonely. Besides, you have earn it.”

Padme took the lightsaber, and she slipped the weapon to the left side of her belt, where it would not drop out. Padme said, “Thank you.” She picked up the hammer with her right hand. Then, she stood up.

Padme looked down at Mace. Padme said, “I will inform security of your location. And that you are in need of medical treatment.”

Mace stated, “I will be right here. I know if I run I will only make things worse for myself, and my friends.”

Padme commented, “While your judgment may have been in question, your loyalty is admirable.”

Mace replied, “Thank you.” Then, something occurred to Mace. He asked, “By the way. You have been speaking normally in your Thor form?”

Padme looked at the hammer in her right hand. She turned to Mace. She stated, “I guess I have finally mastered using Mjolnir.” She thought, 'I am in tune. As Loki told me that someday I might achieve. And that day is now.'

Mace agreed, “That you have. Enjoy your victory.”

Padme replied, “Thank you.”

Padme turned towards the interior of the alcove. Padme used Mjolnir to fly, at a casual pace, between the large pillars, towards a nearby entrance into the Senate Building located at the plaza level.

While Padme flew towards a nearby entrance, she thought, 'Now for a quick detour. Then, I can save the rest of the galaxy.'

When Padme reached the nearby entrance to the Senate Building, the sensors on the double-doors sensed her approach and the double-doors slid open.

Padme passed through into a large entryway.

A few seconds later, the double-doors sensors sensed that no one was nearby, and the double-doors automatic slid closed.

With Padme inside the Senate Building, she turned and she headed to the small auxiliary medical clinic in the Senate. This was not the made Senate med-center, but a center for out patient situations.

The small Senate medical clinic was both the nearest and most private medical facility in the in the area that Padme knew of.

The Senate Building hallways and staircases were very will illuminated by ceiling lights.

Padme knew her way around the Senate Building.

The small medical clinic Padme was heading for was only a few levels above her, on the north side of the Senate Building. Padme planned to take a few staircases up to the level where the medical clinic was. Padme did not even have to use an elevator to reach the medical clinic.

Due it being night, there was no one in the hallways.

As Padme flew through a hallway, she thought, 'I am not worried about security stopping me. Because in this form and armor, everyone recognizes me as Thor. And they knew better than to question my actions.'

'Besides, anyone manning the cameras would have seen the battle outside and they would realize they would have greater concerns to deal with. They likely saw that Sheev was more than he pretended to be. That I defeated him. And Bail probably already informed everyone in the Senate that Sheev was Sidious. So, the Blue Guard heard about this and they likely do not care that I defeated Sheev. While the Red Guard learned of this and they are likely not sure what to do.'

'But, I have other concerns to deal with at the moment, and I will worry about all this, later.'

Padme continued to fly through the hallways and staircases to the Senate medical clinic.

(_)

A few minutes later, within the Senate Building, Padme landed a few meters in front of a set of double doors, in a large, empty corridor.

While the main Senate med-center was several floors above her, there were auxiliary medical care center clinics for out patient situations, located in several locations in the Senate Building. These small medical clinic were where politicians wanted something kept quietly that did not take a lot of time. Like going to a place for a doctor's check up, instead of heading to a full service hospital.

The double-doors Padme stood in front of lead to the closest med-center ward she knew of near the plaza level, on the northern side of the Senate building.

While Padme stood a few meters from the double-door entrance to the medical clinic, Padme held Mjolnir in her right hand, to her right side.

Padme changed to her normal, smaller form, with her hair changing from blond to brown, and her clothing changing from her armor, helmet, and equipment, to a red dress with red slippers.

Like the Black Solace in its scabbard, Mace's lightsaber hilt, which had been strapped to her left belt, had also disappeared when her armor changed to her clothing. Padme was not worried, she knew she could retrieve the lightsaber any time she desired to do so.

As Padme continued to hold Mjolnir, in her right hand, at her right side, in her normal form, she found that Mjolnir was still as light as a feather.

Padme thought, 'With the Senate in session, or just letting out of session, it is best I do this here and not in the main med-center. I want my privacy. Given the hallways I passed by were empty, chances are that no one but the medical droids are inside.'

Padme walked towards the double-doors.

As Padme approached the double-doors, the doors automatically slid open.

Padme walked a meter inside the room, until she came to a stop.

As Padme looked around, she saw some medical droids, a few medical beds, medical equipment, and a hallway that lead to some privacy rooms.

Padme thought, 'I was correct. There is no one is in here, but the droids.'

The double-doors slid shut behind Padme, one of the medical droids walked over toward Padme's front side.

The droid came to a stop a meter in front of Padme. The droid asked, “How may we be of service?”

Padme turned to look at the nearby droid, as she thought, 'Now to start the ball rolling on a few matters.'

Padme requested, “First, I wish to have Senator Organa paged at the request of Senator Amidala.”

The droid replied, “That will not be a problem.” The droid wirelessly relayed the request by its internal comlink to the communication computers in the Senate Building.

Padme thought, 'It will take a few minutes to get in touch with Bail. Now for the hard part.' She took deep breath and she slowly let it out.

Padme stated, “Also, I need a quick check up. I am pregnant with twins, and I desire to make sure my unborn children are healthy.”

The droid said, “Please follow me.”

The droid turned around and it started walking deeper into the room, towards the hallway.

Padme followed the droid down the hallway. When they reached the door to a room, the droid pressed a button on the panel by the door. The door slid open and the droid walked inside.

Padme followed the droid into the room.

Padme saw the room had a patient bed by a wall, some medical equipment near the bed by the wall across the room, in front of her. Two chairs were placed by a wall Padme's left, with the chairs facing outward. And a table set against a wall to Padme's right, with a small holo-monitor on top of the table.

Padme came to a stop a meter into the room. A second later, the door slid closed behind her.

The droid walked up to the patient bed, and it stood at the head of the bed to Padme's left, by a pillow. The droid turned to Padme. The droid stated, “Please, set you item to the side and lay on the bed, on your back, with your head being the side where I am located. And please do not move once the scans begin.”

Padme walked over to the bed. She set Mjolnir on the floor, on top of its head, with the shaft pointed upwards. She pulled off her slippers. Then, she sat on the bed and laid down on her back, with her head softly setting down on the pillow.

Over the course of the next few minutes, the droid used the medical equipment to scan Padme's body, with the droid paying special attention to Padme's stomach.

Once the droid was done, it walked back to stand a meter from the bed.

Padme noticed this, but she did not move.

The droid faced Padme. The droid stated, “You may now move. Both you and your two unborn children are healthy. Though, you have a few bruises on your body, which should fade without a week. These minor injuries will not effect your unborn children.”

Padme sat up, and she turned to have her legs hanging off the bed. She turned to the droid. She said, “Thank you.”

Padme thought, 'This is a relief. Given some of the force attacks Sidious used against me, I will contact Yoda later to check to see if there is any issues the droids may have missed.'

The droid asked, “Do you wish to know the genders of your children?”

Padme answered, “I would prefer to wait.”

The droid commented, “I have now been informed that Senator Organa has issued a building wide call for you. We have informed him you are here. He is ready to talk with you by holo-comm. We have redirected the holo-comm to this room.”

Padme turned to her left to see the holo-monitor on the table had a blinking light. Meaning that ringer was turned off and someone was on the line waiting to be answered.

Padme requested, “Could I have my privacy?”

The droid said, “If you decide you need anything, let one of us know.”

Padme replied, “I will.”

The droid turned and walked over to the door to the room. The droid pressed a button on the panel by the door to open the door. The door slid open and the droid walked into the hallway.

A few seconds later, the door slid closed.

Padme got off the patient table. She slipped on her slippers. Padme turned and she walked over to the table with the holo-monitor on it.

When Padme reached the table, she pressed a button on the holo-monitor to answer the holo-comm call.

Padme saw a small hologram of Bail in a standing position above the holo-monitor.

The hologram of Bail looked towards Padme.

Padme saw Bail act with relieve at seeing her.

Bail said, with slight joy in his tone of voice, “Hello Padme.”

Padme calmly replied, “Hello Bail.”

Bail stated, “I saw some of the fight on the security cameras. I am glad to see you alive. I just got back into my office when I received your request to talk to me. So, how did the fight go?”

Padme answered, in a slightly tired tone of voice, “I survived.”

Bail casually said, “Good. I just adjourned the emergency Senate meeting. Congratulations. You are now the new Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. Even though you have yet to be sworn into office, given the situation, that is a formality. You can now act with the authority of the Supreme Chancellor.”

Padme commented, “I am surprised your were able to strong-arm the entire Senate into doing this. Especially, on such short notice.”

Bail commented, “Truthfully. Once they took a look outside at what was happening, it was not that hard to convince them to come on board. Our friends in our little group were the first to support and vote for the impeachment of Palpatine and appointment of you as Supreme Chancellor.”

Padme questioned, “How many of them voted for us?

Bail answered, “The votes were unanimous for both bills. All of them figured their chances were better if they sided with you.”

Padme replied, “Good.” Something occurred to Padme. She inquired, “So, even Lord Speaker Amedda voted against Palpatine?”

Bail stated, “Yes. But, I believe he realized that when Palpatine was exposed, the best chance to protect himself was to vote for you. Though, I believe he realizes he will not be Lord Speaker for long.”

Padme responded, “Yes. He and others will have to be convinced to leave. But, we will do so quietly. After we handle the current situation of convincing the Separatist to agree to a armistice. Also, we will be rewarding our friends, whom have been by us since the beginning of this war.”

Padme thought, 'This is politics. And since actions Mas and the others allied with Palpatine in the Senate were not overtly against the Republic, trying to drag them to court to stand trial would be counterproductive to everyone. I learned that the hard way, when I spent years trying to get Nute Gunray and his accomplices to stand trial for their actions over the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. When they were brought to court, their lawyers kept having the judges declare mistrials, over and over again. Though, I will request the Mas return the Speaker's Staff before he leaves Coruscant forever. And I will make sure my friends are rewarded. Especially, you. Bail.'

Bail said, “I fully agree on all points. It is better to sweep this under the rug. Also, if you can arrange to stop this war, much of the galaxy on both sides would decide to fully support you new position as the Supreme Chancellor.”

Padme thought, 'It is polite of you did not mention you expect to be rewarded for you part. But, I fully intent to do so because of you loyalty to me since the beginning of this war.'

Padme replied, “I believe you are correct.”

Bail mentioned, “Though, I had to take control of the Chancellor's repulsorpod to do all this.”

Padme replied, “That is a minor issue. Do not worry. I will make sure nothing will come up that.”

Bail responded, “Thank you. Though, the Senators all now know about you being Thor. It is safe to say your secret will become officially known by the public before morning.”

Padme stated, “That cannot be helped. And by morning, they will have greater concerns to talk about than that.”

Bail said, “I agree. Though the media were Palpatine's sycophants. Once they realize Palpatine's true role in this war, they will verbally savage him before the public as a way to politically distance themselves from him.”

Padme commented, “That is more than likely.” She thought, 'My respect for the media is almost nonexistent. But, in politics, they do have their uses.'

Bail asked, “So, what now?”

Padme answered, “I am going to have to do several things at once. So, I am going to need your help for a little longer. First, I need you to send some security officers to the northern outer side of the Senate building, on the plaza floor. You will find Jedi Master Mace Windu. He right arm is injured, and his arm needs to be treated. Also, he is under arrest by my authority as Enforcer of the Republic.”

Bail inquired, “What is the charge?”

Padme stated, “Attempted illegal coup of the Senate. The Jedi High Council had the same plan as us in taking down Palpatine. Though, the difference is we went through the law to accomplish this task. Master Windu and the Jedi High Council did not.”

Bail sarcastically responded, “Just great. Are we going to have to march on the Jedi Temple?”

Padme said, “No. I have people whom have already headed over to the Jedi Temple to civilly handle such matters. Also, I spoke to Mace for I contacted you. Mace agreed to be civil and peacefully surrender. We will have a mess to clean up from this stunt by the Jedi, but if we properly handle this in a just manner, I do not see any serious problems from them. I am going to call Master Yoda after I finish talking with you. I will try to sort out this mess. We are going to have a lot of problems in the coming days. Though, the Jedi will not be one of them.”

“Also, Master Windu mentioned that five of his group might have survived the attack. They were thrown into the sky early in the battle.”

“Have Blue Guard and Coruscant Security work together to look over the video recordings during the plaza battle. We might able to figure out the trajectories they were thrown and figure out where they landed.”

Bail questioned, “That is a good idea. I will relay your orders. I will call you if there are any problems. What else?”

Padme answered, “We still have to save the Republic. Then, we can celebrate.”

Bail inquired, “What else can I do on my end?”

Padme answered, “Keep the senators from changing their minds and prevent them from finding other ways to stab us in the back.”

Bail halfheartedly joked, “And I thought the hard part was over.”

Padme gave a weak smile in response to Bail's joke. Padme replied, “The hard part is just beginning.”

Bail inquired, “Is Palpatine dead?”

Padme dropped her smile. Padme firmly stated, “I am not sure. I defeated him. But, he then disappeared in a bolt of black lightning with red highlights.”

Bail commented, in a humorous tone of voice, “So, he stole your thunder.”

Padme halfheartedly replied, “In a way, I guess so.” Padme continued, in a firm tone of voice, “It doesn't matter. Palpatine is now exposed in the light of day for the monster he is. He can run. But, he will not be able to hide forever from justice.”

Bail said, “By this time tomorrow, everyone in the galaxy will know the truth. There will be nowhere Palpatine can run.”

Padme stated, “I hope that is the case.”

Bail then noticed something about where Padme was. Bail asked, “I see you are in a medical center. Are you are right?”

Padme smiled, as she happily said, “Better. I am having twins.”

Bail kindly stated, “Congratulations. Again.”

Padme let out a small laugh. She maintained her smile, as she said, “Thank you.”

Bail inquired, “So, who is the father?”

Padme answered, “My husband. Anakin Skywalker.”

Bail commented, “Clearly your marriage was done in secret. This is going to cause a scandal.”

Padme responded, “We just deposed and defeated the greatest evil in a several generations. I am now the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. I doubt my secret marriage and unborn my children are going to cause any serious scandals.”

Bail stated, “Yes. Taking all this into account, we can spin this into a positive light. War heroes fall in love on the battlefield. They decide to secretly marry. Afterward, children were the way.”

Padme commented, “It makes for a good love story.”

Bail quipped, “I would watch that holovid.”

Padme giggled a little, as she smiled. She replied, “Thanks.”

Bail guessed, “Along with contacting Master Yoda, I guess you have others whom you need to contact?”

Padme stated, “Yes. But, I will contact you later on these matters.”

Bail responded, “Of course. I hope your reign lasts long and brings much prosperity and peace for yourself and the Galaxy.”

Padme gave Bail a warm smile, as she agreed, “So do I.”

Then, Padme pressed a button on the holo-monitor to end the holo-communication.

Padme thought, 'Now, to contact Yoda. I highly doubt he was part of Mace's Jedi Strike Group. Mace did not ask like Yoda was dead, when I talked to Yoda. Besides, Yoda and Mace basically run the Jedi Order. They would not both confront Sheev. Though, I forgot to ask Mace where Yoda is. But, I know Yoda is on the planet. If I was him, I would be in my personal quarters now, as I waited for news on the battle with Sheev. Fortunately, I know his personal number to his personal quarters. Obiwan gave it to me years ago, in case I could not contact him or Anakin. I memorized the number. If he is not there, I will call Anakin and once I have finished talking to him and Ahsoka, I will have Anakin help me contact Yoda.'

Padme typed in the number for Yoda's personal quarters.

After a few rings, the call was answered, and Padme saw Yoda in his clothing and robe, in a sitting position.

Padme thought, 'Good. You answered my call and I do not have to track you down. This conversation is to important to wait.'

Yoda looked at Padme, as he stated, “Ah, Senate Amidala. Expecting your call. I sensed that you had joined the battle against Palpatine. Now, I no longer being able to sense Palpatine. Though, I still sense you. I guess you are the victor?”

Padme said, “Yes. But, after his defeat, at the end of the battle, Palpatine disappeared in a bolt of black lightning. I do not believe he is dead. Though, that will not be too much of a concern. He is defeated and exposed. My allies in the Senate have already removed him from his position of power.”

Yoda commented, “While Palpatine remaining alive is troubling. Without the Chancellorship and his plots now known. He will not trouble us for some time. If ever.”

Padme agreed, “I feel the same way.”

Yoda inquired, “Now, whom is the new Supreme Chancellor?”

Padme answered, “You are looking at her.”

Yoda smiled, as he chuckled a little. Yoda asked, “What did it take to accomplish that?”

Padme answered, “Very loyal friends.”

Yoda replied, “Obviously.” Yoda dropped his smile. He asked, with concern in his tone of voice, “Now, what of Mace and the other Jedi? During the battle, I found I could no longer sense them.”

Padme stated, in a more serious tone of voice, “Mace will survive. But, most of the others perished before I reached the plaza. Though, Mace mentioned that some may have survived. I already have people looking for them.”

Yoda sadly said, “Most unfortunate. But, at least a few may have lived. Far worse it could have been, if we had not been prepared.”

Padme responded, in a sober tone of voice, “That is true. On that matter, there is another issue to discuss. I had to arrested Mace.”

Yoda questioned, with serious concern in his tone of voice, “Why has Master Windu been placed under arrest?”

Padme answered, “Because Mace, yourself, and the rest of the Jedi High Council attempted an illegal coup. If any of you had contacted me before you confronted Palpatine, we could have done this in a more legal framework. Which is what I did before I faced Palpatine, myself.”

Yoda grimly commented, “Master Obiwan and myself warned Master Windu of this possibility.”

Padme stated, “Master Windu mentioned that you and Master Kenobi did not support the approach that Mace and the other high council members took. I believe this will help you both.”

Yoda inquired, “What are you thoughts on this?”

Padme said, “Before we continued. I need to inform you that Anakin has informed me of what was going on over the last few days. These actions do not reflect well on the Jedi High Council.”

Yoda responded, “The last few days have not been the Jedi Order's most honorable of times. Though, I did realize that you were taking many approaches at once, while you were battling Palpatine, when I sensed Anakin and Ahsoka enter the temple and go to meet with Master Kenobi. I realized then that Anakin had likely told you what was happening, and they were part of your plan. I did not disturb them for concern I might jeopardize all by taking unneeded action.”

Padme stated, “Yes. I sent Anakin and Ahsoka to talk with Obiwan, as part of my plan. With luck they have accomplished their task. I will be contacting them next.”

Yoda replied, “Good.”

Padme pointed out, “Still, there is the issue at hand. While Loki did contact you before Palpatine could set his trap, it is clear that Palpatine was planning for this to happen as an excuse to destroy the Jedi Order.”

Yoda guessed, “Due to the council's rash actions, we have lost everything.”

Padme responded, “Not everything. I have no intention of seeing the Jedi Order punished for the actions of a few individuals. I do not know about Obiwan. But, most of the Jedi High Council will need to be arrested and tried. Some may be found innocent. Some guilty. Those found guilty will likely be sentence to prison for a time. But, not a lifetime. Still, all of those council members whom are arrested will have to resign from the Jedi Order.”

“Though, during this time, someone must oversee the Jedi Order and work towards reforming of the Jedi Council. And do not pretend otherwise. The Jedi Order needs to be reformed. The High Council's act of arrogance and shortsightedness on this matter proves that there needs to be a reformation within the Jedi Order.”

“The only person that could perform this job is you. All parties respect you. No one will question you remaining to oversee the Jedi Order. So, I am asking you to take the hardest action in this situation. I need you to remain in the Jedi Order and oversee the organization.”

“I know with your advancing age and this scandal, after the war has ended, you would prefer to retire and allow someone else to do the job. Though, the only other person whom could come close to doing this job is Obiwan. I do not believe he could do the job, and I do not believe that Senate would allow him to do the job.”

“With Mace's testimony, you and Obiwan will not face charges. But, I feel that while the Senate respects you, no matter what, they will request that Obiwan resign from the Jedi Order.”

Yoda stated, “I understand. You are correct. This is a heavy burden. And one only I can bear. While the others will likely face imprisonment. For at least a time. What of Obiwan? I am not sure what he would do outside of the Order.”

Padme commented, “Not to worry. I will find him a job that he will likely enjoy doing.”

Yoda said, “I am sure you will. Since I have known you, you have always been a honorable person. I regret I was against offering you aid during the invasion of Naboo, when you requested it, so many years ago.”

Padme thought, 'Better late than never.'

Padme stated, “I can appreciate sentiment on the matter. As long as we learn from our mistakes, we still have a chance to build a better future.”

Yoda smile. Yoda complimented, “Spoken like a true Jedi.”

Padme gratefully replied, “From you, that is a high compliment.”

Yoda said, “Understand this matter. I must. I will do my part to prevent further problems in these troubling times.”

Padme commented, “I am glad you feel this way.”

Yoda mentioned, “Though, before we end this conversation. I need to tell you that I have known for sometime that you are pregnant. I know this is why you requested to leave the battlefield. And why you agreed to extend you leave. This is why I supported your extended leave. On the day you contacted us about wanted to leave the battlefield, the force informed me then of the truth. Due to timing. And how often Skywalker visited you afterward. It is clear that Jedi Skywalker is the father of your children.

Padme thought, 'There is no point in denying the truth now.'

Padme said, “Yes. I am pregnant with twins. Anakin is the father. Anakin and I were married before I became pregnant.”

Yoda responded, “The situation is not surprising to me. Better this way for all. Though, Skywalker will still have to resign from the Order. But, given everything. I will arrange for the resignation to have some proper formality instead of a scandalous trial. I will not allow the mistakes we made with Ms Tano to be repeated.”

Padme replied, “I appreciate your understanding on such matters.” Padme thought, 'Also, I need to make sure my children and I are fine. Though, I am not going to mention this over holo-comm.'

Padme requested, “I would like to meet with you tomorrow. I not sure the time. But, we need to talk in private.”

Yoda said, “That will be fine.”

Padme replied, “Thank you.”

Padme thought, 'I will talk to you about this, in person, while Anakin and Ahsoka are not present. I do not want to worry them.'

Padme realized something, as she continued her thoughts, 'Wait a minute. You said. The situation was not surprising to me. That means you know Anakin and I were in a relationship. But for how long. Of course.'

Padme questioned, “You have known I was involved with Anakin since you read my mind after the Republic invasion of Geonosis?”

Yoda calmly stated, “It is unwise to upset a powerful individual for such trivial matters. Let alone two powerful individuals. Especially, when they are already allies. Look forward to training your children in the future. Sure they will do well, given their parents made such fine students.”

Just before Padme could say, 'thank you', Yoda smiled, as he warmly spoke, “You're welcome.”

Then, Yoda ended the communication.

Padme humorously thought, 'That little green elf. He knew Anakin and I would have powerful children. He planned on it... Well, he has not lived to be over nine hundred years old by being foolish.' She smiled, as she started warmly laughing for a few seconds, at Yoda subtly playing the mentor in multiple ways Padme did not realize at the time.

As Padme calmed down, she thought, 'Now, to see how Ahsoka and my husband are doing at the Jedi communication center. Fortunately, I spent enough time in the Jedi Temple to know the extensions to many of the important locations in the Temple, including the communications center.'

Padme dialed the number and extension for the communication center in the Jedi Temple.

After a few rings, the holo-comm was answered and Padme saw a small hologram of Anakin, in a standing position, in the clothes he had on the last time she saw him.

Anakin said, “Hello Padme. Through the force we felt you achieve your victory over Palpatine.”

Padme inquired, “That is comforting to hear. Did you and Ahsoka make it into the Jedi Temple without any problems?”

Anakin answered, “Except for a minor discussion at the southern entrance, there were no problems.”

Padme replied, “Good.”

Anakin mentioned, “Though, you were correct about Loki. She was planning to have a very large Separatist Fleet attack Coruscant. But, I was able to talk to her and convince her to put her attack on hold.”

Padme said, “I am glad to hear that. I am proud that you and Ahsoka were able to handle the matter.”

Anakin stated, “So am I. Though, Loki is expecting your call. Her fleet is still heading for Coruscant. But, her fleet is a few hours away. She stated that once you contact her and you confirm that Palpatine has been dealt with, she will turn her fleet around and leave. Given the conversation we had, I believe her. I am sending you the communication codes to call her, right now.”

Padme watched the hologram of Anakin looked down at the controls of the holo-monitor. Then, Padme saw the read out on her holo-monitor that showed the codes.

Padme looked at the hologram. Padme stated, “I have received the codes. I will be sure to call her right after I finish talking to you.”

Anakin's hologram looked up at Padme. Anakin stated, “Good. And good luck with Loki.”

Padme responded, “Thank you. But, from what it sounds like, you already handled the hard part on this matter.”

Anakin inquired, “So, how did the fight go? What of Mace? And the other Jedi?”

Padme thought, 'I will leave out that Mace is under arrest. That is a discussion for later. Right now, I have other matters to think about.'

Padme stated, “Before I made it to Senate Plaza, Palpatine killed all the Jedi present, except Mace, and a few others that Mace claimed were thrown into the distance early in the battle, whom may have survived the battle. Mace was injured, but he should recover.”

Anakin commented, “While I am happy Mace survived and he will recover. And that others may have survived. It is sad so many were killed.”

Padme soberly replied, “I fully agree.”

Anakin commented, “At the end of the battle, we felt Palpatine force presence disappear, with only your presence remaining in the force, like a beacon of light. Is Palpatine dead?”

Padme answered, “I am not sure. After I defeated him, he used the force to disappear in a bolt of black lightning with red highlights.”

Anakin said, “If he is not dead, he will eventually be brought to justice.”

Padme stated, “Yes. Palpatine has been exposed as Sidious and he has been deposed of any power he once held in the Galactic Senate.

Anakin inquired, “What do you mean?”

Padme responded, “My plan was many fold. After you and Ahsoka left, I contacted my allies in the Senate.”

Padme thought, 'Well, just Bail. But, he was able to get the other senators on board with that part of my plan.'

Padme stated, “While I was battling Palpatine on the plaza, inside the Senate rotunda, the Senate voted to impeach Palpatine of the Chancellorship.”

Anakin questioned, “So, who is the new supreme chancellor? If they have picked someone, yet?”

Padme said, “The Senators did pick a new Supreme Chancellor. And that person is...” Her lips curled into a wicked grin, as she answered, “Me.”

Then, Padme overheard off-screen, Obiwan comment, “Good grief.”

Padme also heard off-screen as Ahsoka begin to giggle a little. Then, Padme overhead Ahsoka's voice say, “Good one. Only Padme could pull that off.”

Padme watched Anakin's hologram look around him, at Obiwan and Ahsoka. Then, Anakin turned back to Padme. Anakin kindly said, “While ambitious, I admire your plan, and that you were able to pull off your plan.”

Padme admitted, “It was a real gamble. But, the plan worked out for the best. By the way, Mjolnir is back to being light as a feather for me.”

Anakin asked, “Good. How is the baby?”

In the background, Padme heard Obiwan blurt out, “Baby?!”

Then, Padme heard Ahsoka giggle.

Padme said, “I just had medical check up. Everything is good. And I am having twins.”

Anakin happily stated, “Wonderful!”

Padme smiled towards Anakin's hologram.

Padme overheard Obiwan accuse, “Twins?... They're yours?”

Padme saw Anakin's turn away from the holo-camera on his end of the communication to face Obiwan. Anakin said, “Yes. Also, I have secretly married Padme. We will talk about it in a minute.”

Padme asked, “What does Obiwan's expression look like right now?”

Anakin turned Padme. His lips curled into a mischievous grin, as he answered, “Priceless.”

Padme giggled a little

Anakin commented, “I know I am going to get an earful after we finish talking.”

In the background, Padme overheard Obiwan say, “Oh yes you are.”

Anakin continued to look at Padme, as he calmly said, “Though, I think I will be fine.”

Padme agreed, “I am sure you will. Anyway, I will talk to you, later.”

Anakin happily said, “I look forward to doing so.”

Padme ended the conversation.

Padme thought, 'Anakin, there is are some matters I need to tell you, when I see you in person. Such as Yoda knowing I am pregnant and you are the father. You are going to have to resign from the Jedi Order. But, I do not think that will be too much of a problem. Now with me being the Supreme Chancellor. Though, I better make sure that position do not go to my head. I need to talk to Loki and finish resolving this mess than you, my dear, sweet Anakin, have been able to keep from overwhelming me during my fight with Palpatine.'

Padme set the holo-monitor to use the codes that Anakin had sent her. Then, Padme made the call.

A few seconds later, Padme saw Loki's hologram appear above the holo-monitor.

Padme calmly said, “Hello Loki.”

Loki stated, “I take it since I am talking to you that Palpatine has been dealt with?”

Padme commented, “Yes. We will not be hearing from him for a while.”

Loki questioned, “So he is not dead? Just deposed?”

Padme said, “After defeating Palpatine, he disappeared in a flash of black lightning with red highlights which he summoned. I am not sure if is alive or dead.”

Loki commented, “We will chalk him up to being missing and move on. If he is alive, a few death marks in the right hands will keep him busy and on the run.”

Padme responded, “I cannot think of a more deserving person. Now, from what Anakin has told me, he talked you out of your attack on Coruscant?”

Loki answered, “Yes. As I told Anakin. I was just waiting to confirm that Palpatine was dealt with before I turn my fleet around.”

Padme commented, “Good. After all that has happened this evening, I understand why you kept Sidious' identity from us. Why you waited so long before telling us. We were too close. Being informed at an ill time would have been catastrophic for the galaxy.”

Loki responded, “My dear Padme, I am glad you realize this. So, who will be replacing Palpatine as the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic?”

Padme mentioned, “I have been recently informed that the Senate of the Galactic Republic has appointed me as the new Supreme Chancellor.”

Padme thought, 'Given the warning you gave me about having children, I will not mention that I am pregnant. Though, I plan to do everything in my power to avoid dying during childbirth.'

Loki's lips curled into an amused smile, as she commented, “Hmm... I wish I had time to find out how you pulled off that little trick. But, I do not have the time.”

Padme responded, “Time is rarely a luxury for those in positions of power and authority. Though, you were helpful. You were right. At the proper time, I understood what you meant by the law that cannot be broke can surely be bent. We could not just defeat Sheev Palpatine. We had to legally depose him from his position of authority. If we had not, even if he was defeated, his supporters might have rallied to his side which would have likely lead to the needless deaths of countless numbers of people.”

Loki maintained her smile, as she said, “I am glad you realize this. From your actions, I see you realize that not every battle takes place on the battlefield. And that a leader needs competent soldiers for every type of battlefield.”

Padme requested, “Exactly. Tomorrow, I will make sure all of this will come out to the public. That Palpatine was the one behind all this mess. I would prefer to also announce that we had agreed to a complete armistice. I know you are the power behind the Separatists... I mean Confederacy. If you order a ceasefire, the Confederate military will comply.” Padme thought, 'I am already working out my orders to the Republic military withdrawing from battle and stopping the fighting.'

Loki stated, “Nice delivery on your offer. I will agree to an armistice, with a complete ceasefire and cessation to all hostilities from both sides. As soon your side stops fighting, our side will stop fighting.”

Padme responded, “I am happy to hear that. I will start ordering a stop the fighting on my side as soon as I finish talking to you.”

Loki stated, “Good. I will give the ceasefire orders on my side right after we are finished talking. Later, we will have our negotiators hammer out the details for a treaty. I believe such a treaty will be workable.”

Padme commented, “I agree. Though, I doubt we will unify after this is over.”

Loki pointed out, “We can still work out a treaty and have a peaceful situation.”

Padme responded, “True. Also, I am going to be busy weeding out Palpatine's sycophants whom are within the Republic.”

Loki stated, “Be there. Done that. I am okay on however you wish to handle those matters.”

Padme commented, “I believe I will do so quietly.”

Loki mentioned, “That is likely for the best. Also, I have data for you on the clones. On how to safely remove the control chips in the brains of clones. How to stop the clones from aging so quickly. And how to treat the genetic sequence that will eventually kill them when they reach of being physically seventy to eighty years old. For the clones, as they are now, that would be in their thirties or forties. But, if we treat them now, they will leave a lot longer due to them aging more slowly.”

Padme responded, “I will greatly appreciate you sending all that data.” Padme thought, 'I will experts verify the data. But, I believe you are telling the truth.'

Loki stated, “No problem. I will send you the data files in a few days.”

Padme said, “I look forward to receiving the information.” Padme mentally reflected, 'Now to mentioned something that might make your day.'

Padme stated, “Palpatine admitted that he was the one whom twisted Jar Jar's mind.”

Padme thought, 'Given others may be listening in, I will not mention that you told me that you gave Jar Jar his powers.'

Loki said, “Thank you for solving that mystery.”

Padme replied, “You're welcome.”

Padme thought, 'I need to ask.' Padme inquired, “Given it was you that told the Jedi that Palpatine was Sidious. Do you realize what could have happened? Should the Jedi have defeated Palpatine on their own?”

Loki questioned, with concern in her tone of voice, “What do you mean?”

Padme stated, “What if the Jedi had defeated Palpatine on their own. Given how Palpatine had corrupted the senate and the military, the Jedi could have abolished both the Senate and the hierarchy of the military, thus paving the way for another dark age, where the Galactic Republic would be ruled by Jedi Lords.”

Loki admitted, in a serious tone of voice, “I do not realize such an outcome could have happened. This is a good point. I am glad the situation did not come to that.”

Padme replied, “So am I.” Padme thought, 'I am glad you are willing to admit to your mistake. Still, there is more.' Padme commented, “Palpatine knew about the Yuuzhan Vong.”

Loki responded, “This explains a lot.”

Padme said, “Also, he knew that you were the one to inform me of the Yuuzhan Vong.”

Loki stated, “This is not surprising. Palpatine has always been sharp.”

Padme mentioned, “True. Intelligence was never his weak point. I found your advice to be helpful and I believe I finally mastered using Mjolnir and the power the hammer gives me. I was in tune with the hammer. And I spoke normally as I did so.”

Loki responded, “That wonderful. Mastering Mjolnir will only increase you ability to use the power of that hammer.”

Padme replied, “I agree.”

Loki said, “Onto another matter.” Loki inquired, in a more relaxed tone of voice, “I heard you left the battlefield and that you had lost you taste for battle. In light of recent events, that is clearly not true. So, my question for you is...” She continued, in a slightly sad tone of voice, “Why did you ignore my warnings and become pregnant? Because this is the only reason you would leave the war in such an abrupt manner. If you had wanted to stop fighting, you would have done so in a more gradual fashion.”

Padme thought, 'I guess I cannot hide these secrets from you. Not that they will be secrets for much longer.'

Padme admitted, “Yes. I am pregnant. Though, my pregnancy was unplanned.”

Loki casually responded, “Things happen. I am not upset. I only wanted to confirm that was the case. So is Anakin the father?”

Padme answered, “Yes. I became pregnant shortly after we were married.”

Loki commented, “That answers a few more of my questions on the matter. I guess some things are fated. So, are you having a girl? Or, a boy?”

Padme replied, “Twins. I am not sure of their genders.”

Loki giggled a little. Then, she commented, “Just have your succession set up, before the blessed event happens, in case things go badly.”

Padme stated, “Concerning my health, and the well-being of those whom I carry within me, I will make sure everything turns out fine.”

Loki smiled, as she said, “I believe you. But, it is always wise to take precautions. This is why I am still alive and where I am at.”

Padme responded, “I agree. Though, I will take precautions in case the worst happens.”

Loki stated, “Good. We will talk later on this matter, along with figuring out ways to help the galaxy recover from this war.”

Padme said, “I look forward to those conversations.”

Loki responded, “So do I. Now let me handle things on my end, while you hand things on your end. Good luck.”

Loki ended the communication and Loki's hologram disappeared from above the holo-monitor.

Padme thought, 'One problem done. A thousand to go. When I issue the ceasefire, I am going to need to look up the proper codes with my new position to go with those orders. It is likely my Senate datanet account has been updated. I can probably find the information there. If not, I am sure a few calls to the right people I know of in the military will quickly solve that matter. My military contacts on the planet will likely be more than happy to help me on this matter.'

Then, Padme began work on contacting and ordering a general ceasefire for all Republic military forces, while she also went to work on handling the many problems she faced closer to home. This included figuring out ways to deal with Palpatine's sycophants and the Jedi High Council's foolishness.

(_)

At that moment, the Confederate Fleet was approaching the outer orbit of Coruscant, not far from the outer Republic military defensive of the Coruscant.

So far the Republic forces had been avoiding the Confederate forces. And both sides hold this inaction would continue.

At the front of the fleet was the capital ship of the Confederate Fleet, the Malevolence.

On the Malevolence bridge, Loki had just ended her holo-communication with Padme.

The front of the bridge was a flat platform, that was clear of obstructions, with the bridge crew at their terminals near the back of the bridge. The human, near-human, and alien bridge crew officers wore light gray officer's uniforms. The droids only had on their armor.

The windows of the front of the bridge showed out the front and the sides of the ship.

Loki had been standing in the center of the flat platform as she had her holo-communication with Padme. Loki was wearing what she had on when she talked to Anakin. Loki was wearing a green skintight bodysuit, brown fur coat, brown boots and brown leather belt around her waist.

General Grievous has been standing two meters behind Loki during the Loki's conversation with Padme. The bridge crew were at their stations, with row of the crew at their terminals being closest to the front of the bridge being five meters behind General Grievous.

General Grievous was in his normal form. Grievous was wearing his clean, gray naval officer's uniform and his white bone mask over his face.

The hologram of Padme had been broadcasting life size hologram at the front of the bridge, by Loki. Loki had been facing the windows at the front of the bridge, while the hologram of Padme, in her red dress and red slippers was facing Loki, Grievous and the rest of the bridge crew.

Grievous found the entire situation to be quite odd, but his sense of professionalism kept him from commenting on the matter during Loki and Padme's conversation.

With the conversation over, Grievous turned to Loki. Grievous asked, “Are we just going to turn around, when we have them right where we want them?”

Loki turned to Grievous. Loki calmly responded, “General. Do you live to enjoy challenges?”

Grievous answered, “Yes.”

Loki inquired, “Do you wish to face challenges within bureaucracy? Or in battle?”

Grievous stated, “I prefer the challenges of battle.”

Loki said, “Then, I made the proper choice.”

While Grievous thought over Loki's comment, Loki mentally reflected over very matters at a speed at which some computers would be envious of.

Loki thought, 'So, Padme finally mastered Mjolnir. And it seems my advice tilted her battle with Palpatine in our favor. Also, I find it interesting that Mjolnir changing Padme into her Thor form did not harm her unborn children. With the various female Thor, I wondered about that. It is nice to have the issue confirmed on the safe side of the matter. That a Mjolnir will not harm the unborn children of its wielder.'

Loki continued her thoughts, with concern, 'Though, Padme was right about one oversight on my part. That in my haste to deal with Palpatine, I did not take into account what could the unwise mistake of allowing the Jedi Order to take over the Republic. I might have even allowed them to do so, without realizing at the time what I had done. That could have later proven to be a fatal mistake on my part. I must remember that even the Jedi Order has a dark side. No pun intended. That Padme was not joking about the era of the Jedi Lords being a dark age for the galaxy. And I will no forget this fact.'

'At least Padme understood what I meant by the law that cannot be broke can surely be bent. That Palpatine had to be both removed from office and defeated to no longer be a true galactic threat. Even if he survived the battle, he has been exposed for the monster he is. He will not have any political connections to fall back on. Most of his allies will turn on his and cooperate with Padme in exchange for leniency. Also, even the force had limits when is comes to politics. Especially, when people know beforehand that the person they are meeting can use the force.'

'On a related matter, Padme was now inform me that as I suspected. That Palpatine was the one behind Jar Jar's madness.'

'In addition, Padme was nice enough not to mention over the holo-comm that I was the one to empower Jar Jar. If that became public knowledge, that information could become an embarrassment on my part. Though, since I gave Grievous the same abilities. My agents and others whom are close to me have likely already figured this out. Though, all of these individuals, including Padme, know better than to mentioned my secrets to other people.'

'I find it interesting that Padme said that Palpatine claimed to be taking over the galaxy to prepare to face the Yuuzhan Vong in battle. Or, so he claimed. Still, he knew of the Yuuzhan Vong. This does explain some of his actions in both this timeline and his counterpart's action in the original timeline. Not that his goals justified his actions. In this way, he is just another fanatic whom redoubled their efforts while losing side of their goal.'

'Also, if Palpatine learned of the Yuuzhan Vong at the point in time, that means he was already long into implementing his plans for galactic conquest. For Palpatine, the Yuuzhan Vong is just an excuse for his actions, during those times he reflected on what he had done and what he planned to do.'

'I guess even he needs a few excuse in the dark to sleep well at night.'

'I doubt Palpatine learned that I told the Jedi about the Yuuzhan Vong years ago. The Jedi are secretive enough to keep what I told them to themselves. Save for Padme and a few others. So, this means he only learned other people knew of the Yuuzhan Vong when Padme likely mentioned the Yuuzhan Vong during their battle.'

'Still, if Palpatine figured out that I informed Padme of the Yuuzhan Vong, he likely also realized my role in deposing him. Not that is matters. Even if he survived the battle, he is too exposed to come after anyone, let alone someone as powerful as I am.'

Loki continued her thoughts, in a more relaxed frame of mind, 'Still, I have other more immediately to concern myself with. I am having fun teaching, Grievous the subtleties of politics.'

By then, Grievous understood what Loki meant. Grievous commented, “Oh... I guess as Skywalker said. Achieving victory over the galaxy would lead to boredom.”

Loki stated, “Yes. It can be fun to fight your way to the top of the mountain. But, it can become tedious to defend yourself at the top of said mountain. As I said right before we launched this fleet. If we did this right, we would achieve victory without firing a shot.”

Grievous realized, as he guessed, “You were never planning to conquer Coruscant?”

Loki casually responded, “Of course not. I needed to make sure Sidious was taken care of. And now with Padme Amidala being the Supreme Chancellor, we can have the peace which the Confederate Parliament has been clamoring for. Besides, if we took over the Galactic Republic. On principle we would have to move the Confederate government back to Coruscant. And I do not know about you, but I have come to prefer the nice weather, clean air, and wonderful terrain of Raxus Secundus, over the dirty, over-populated, giant piece of metal slag that is Coruscant.”

Grievous chuckled. Then, he said, “You have a point there.”

In response, Loki smiled and she giggled a little.

A few seconds later, Loki stop giggling. Loki dropped her smile.

Loki turned to the bridge personnel. Loki ordered, in a firm tone of voice, “Signal the ships. Turn the fleet around. We are going back home to the Raxus System. The Parliament and the rest of the Confederacy will be happy to hear the good news. Also, patch me through to the Separatist Council, so they can be notified that the Republic has agreed to an immediate ceasefire. That all military forces need to prepare to stop fighting as soon as the Republic stops their hostilities towards us. Prepare to withdraw from locations we do not hold military footholds within. And remain in those locations we have defensible positions.”

Loki continued, in a firm tone of voice, “And I order that everything all of you here have heard during the conversations with the Jedi and the new madam supreme chancellor afterward to this moment are to remain private. The information discussed within these communications are not be discussed with anyone. Including each other.”

Loki thought, 'I will not allow any scandals for Padme to originate from here. She will tell the truth about her relationship and pregnancy in the fullness of time. When she is ready. Also, I do not want my crew mentioning the Yuuzhan Vong. I do not want those of the Yuuzhan Vong in this galaxy to know that others know of their existence. At least I do not have to worry about my crew. They will follow my orders. They know better than to disobey me.'

The bridge personnel began to comply with Loki's orders.

Within the hour, both Padme and Loki's ceasefire orders were being implemented across the galaxy, on both sides, the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Meanwhile, during this time, the Confederate armada in Coruscant System were able to turn around, and jump back to hyperspace towards Confederate space.

(_)

Ten minutes after Loki ended her holo-communication with Padme, as the Confederate Fleet began to turn around before reaching the outer defense line of Coruscant, in a closer orbit to Coruscant, inside the bridge of a Star Destroyer stood Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen.

The ceiling lights of the bridge were turned on.

Wullf stood by the front windows of the Star Destroyer. He had directed this Star Destroyer to move its front to face the oncoming Confederate Fleet.

Though, this gesture was mostly symbolic due to at the distance he was at, he could not yet to see the Confederate Fleet his own eyes.

Wullf was silently praying for a miracle. So far he had instructed the Republic forces to avoid the Confederate forces. This was due to the Confederate forces out numbering his forces over ten to one.

But, the moment the Confederate Fleet reached the outer defensive line, the Confederates would force Wullf's hand and Wullf would have to order his defense fleet to attack the Confederates with everything they had at their disposal.

Wullf was no fool. He had no chance in defeating an opposing force this size. But, Wullf and his subordinates still had their duty to protect Coruscant with their lives.

While Wullf wore his olive color officer's uniform. The other lower ranking officers in the room wore their wore light blue officer's uniforms. The light blue was to show they were part of the bridge staff.

Suddenly, one of the communication officers on the bridge, a lieutenant, whom was sitting at his station, turned to Wullf. The lieutenant stated, “Admiral. We are receiving several transmissions at once which likely need your attention.”

Wullf turned to the communication officer whom had spoken to him. Wullf saw the rank insignias on the officer's uniform. Wullf said, “Lieutenant. State one message a time. Use your best judgment on which message to state first.”

The communication officer said, “Well sir. We are receiving reports from our outer defense line that all of the Separatist ships are turning around and leaving into hyperspace.”

Wullf turned back in the direction of the front windows of the Star Destroyer, and where the Confederate Fleet had been. Wullf smiled, as he thought, 'Miracle worker, indeed.'

Wullf turned back to the communication officer whom had spoken to him. Wullf requested, “Good. What else?”

The communication officer answered, “We are receiving transmissions originating from Coruscant which claim the Senate has just impeached Chancellor Palpatine.”

Wullf thought, 'This is not too surprising. Chancellor Palpatine always did like to push his luck a little too far. Though...' Wullf inquired, “Has the Senate selected a new Supreme Chancellor?”

The communication officer stated, “Yes. The new Supreme Chancellor is Padme Amidala.”

Wullf immediately recognized the name of the new Supreme Chancellor. But, before Wullf could comment on the matter, the communication officer went onto say, “Also, we are receiving orders from Chancellor Amidala that a general stand down and ceasefire has been issued. We are having the orders verified. The security codes appear to be correct. In addition, we are getting reports that the Separatists are also ordering their forces to stop fighting.”

Wullf smile widened, as he thought, 'This day is getting better and better.' Wullf ordered, “I know who the new Chancellor is. The orders are genuine. Relay these orders.”

The communication officer replied, “Yes sir.” The communication officer and those officers nearby the lieutenant in question, carried all their orders to inform the Republic Fleet around Coruscant that a general ceasefire was being issued by both sides of the war.

Wullf looked out the windows of the bridge, at the stars in the sky. Wullf maintained his smile, as he happily thought, 'It looks like the galaxy may have a future after all.'

(_)

Meanwhile, soon after Padme finished had finished her holo-comm with Loki, back on Coruscant, on the north side of the Senate Building, Mace sat in place against an pillar on the outer row, as he waited for security to show up.

Mace faced the outside of the pillar, so it would be easy to see him from the air. Especially, since the after the battle, the two storms had lifted and it was a pleasant, clear night.

Mace held his left hand over the burnt injury on his upper right arm.

Suddenly, Mace saw a speeder vehicle fly across the plaza towards him.

As the speeder came closer, Mace saw that it was a blue and white painted Coruscant Security speeder vehicle.

Mace thought, 'I guess Padme called security after all. Not that I plan to try to escape. Besides, I want to get my arm treated before I do anything else.'

Over the course of the next several seconds, Mace watched the speeder come closer, until the security speeder vehicle landed near him, with the speeder being about twelve meters from him.

The speeder landed with the front of the vehicle facing Mace.

The vehicle was enclosed, with two front seats and two back seats, with four doors to the vehicle. Two on each of the sides of the vehicle. The driver was located on the front left seat.

The backseats were separated from the front seats. With the back of the vehicle designed to hold prisoners.

There were red and blue flashing lights at the top of the roof of the speeder vehicle.

The two front doors opened. A Coruscant security officer step out of each of the vehicle. The two officers walked over to where Mace was sitting on the floor of the plaza.

Mace saw that officer whom had been driving was a tan skin human man with short black hair. The other officer was a zabrak man with dark brown skin and brown hair.

Both officers seem to be in good shape and middle-aged for their species.

Each officer wore a blue patrol uniform, which was a blue long sleeve shirt, blue pants, black belt, black boots, a blaster pistol in a right side holster attached to their belt, and a black armband on their upper left arm. The black armband had yellow writing which stated the person was a Coruscant Security Officer.

The officer's approached Mace, side by side, with the zabrak officer to Mace's left side and the human officer to Mace's right side.

Mace saw that each officer had their right hand set against the hilt of their blaster pistol, ready to draw their weapon at a moments notice.

Mace calmly said, “Hello officers. I have no interest in causing you trouble. Though, before I go to jail, I did need to have my arm to be treated.”

The officers came to a stop five meters from Mace.

The human officer stated, “Jedi Master Mace Windu, you are under arrest. Though, we will get your arm treated at the Security Center. Can you stand on your own?”

Mace answered, “Yes.”

The zabrak officer stated, “We will have to cuff you?”

Mace replied, “I understand.”

Mace stood up. And zabrak officer walked over and cuffed Mace's wrists in front of his waist with a pair of stun-cuffs.

The human officer watched from a five meters away, as he kept his right hand on top of his holstered weapon.

Though as the zabrak officer cuffed Mace, the officer was careful not to do further injury to Mace's right arm, nor causing Mace further pain.

Then, the zabrak officer lend Mace to the back right door to the vehicle. The zabrak officer opened the door and Mace got in vehicle.

Once Mace was inside, the zabrak officer gently closed the back right door.

Then, the two officers got into the front of the vehicle. The zabrak officer opened the front right door, and he got into the front right passenger side, while the human officer opened the left side door, and he got into the left driver's side.

Both officers closed the doors to their sides of the vehicle.

Soon the human officer piloted the speeder vehicle into the air and he headed to a nearby Security Center, where Mace would have his injuries treated, and he would be processed for lock up in nearby security cell until he could have a court hearing for his trial.

(_)

Inside the Temple District, several minutes earlier, in the communication center of the Jedi Temple, Padme had just ended her communication with Anakin.

Anakin turned to look at Obiwan.

Obiwan looked at Anakin and Ahsoka, as he stated, “I will deal with you in a minute.”

Obiwan turned to his subordinates in the room. Obiwan ordered, “Is it true that Senator Amidala has become appointed the new Supreme Chancellor? I want this information confirmed, or disproved, right now.”

Rex and other communications personnel turned to checked their consoles which was tapped into several datanets and oversaw various communications that were happening on Coruscant and in other parts of the galaxy.

Rex went to the source. Rex checked Senate datanets on the latest bills which passed into law by the Galactic Senate.

A few seconds later, Rex found the answers.

Rex stated, “Sir. I can confirm this information.” Rex turned to Obiwan. Rex continued, “It was just posted on the Senate data logs that a less than an hour ago two bills were passed into law by the Senate. The first bill the Senate voted to pass into law was the Senate voted to impeach Chancellor Palpatine. The second bill the Senate voted to pass into law was to instate Senator Amidala as the new Supreme Chancellor. Both law are retroactive and have immediately taken effect.”

Obiwan thought, 'Just great... Well, even I will admit Padme can do the job. Even if she is pregnant. And she would not lie about defeating Palpatine. So, we won't have to worry about him any time soon.'

Obiwan turned to look at Anakin and Ahsoka, as he continued his thoughts, 'Now, to deal with some more immediate issues concerning Padme.'

Obiwan focused on Anakin. Obiwan expression toward Anakin was a mix of annoyance and confusion. Obiwan asked, “How could you get married to her? And get her pregnant?”

Anakin responded, “I married Padme because she was a nice woman and she loved me. As for the pregnancy. That is what happens when a man and a woman are intimate.”

Obiwan all but demanded, “How long has this been going on?”

Ahsoka did her best not to giggle. But, she could not help but have her lips curl into a mischievous smile at the awkwardness of the situation.

Anakin answered, “Since I was assigned to be her bodyguard. Before the battle in the Geonosis arena.”

Obiwan inquired, “So our suspicions were true?”

Anakin responded, “Yes. Though, we had to table our relationship due to the war. And we only recently married. After which, Padme soon became pregnant.”

Obiwan guessed, “This is the real reason Padme requested to leave the battlefield?”

Anakin replied, “Yes.”

Obiwan pointed out, “You realize you will be thrown out of the Jedi Order over this?”

Anakin stated, “My wife is the new Supreme Chancellor. I am not that worried about finding a new job. I am sure she will soon have some nice positions opening up in her new administration.”

Ahsoka maintained her mischievous grin, as she spoke up, “He's got you there.”

Obiwan groaned, as he admitted, “True.”

Anakin pointed out, “After what has just happened. I believe you are also not going to be here much longer.”

Obiwan inquired, “What do you mean?”

Anakin said, “Read between the lines of what just happened. Padme contacted us. But, Master Windu was not with her. If Master Windu was with her, he would have directly talked to us. But, Padme stated that Master Windu was alive and he will recover. Meaning he was not seriously injured. Though, he is still not with Padme. It would not surprise me if Padme placed Master Windu under arrest.”

Obiwan flatly replied, “What? Why would Master Windu be under arrest?”

Anakin commented, “Likely for acts of sedition. Mace and those Jedi with him acted outside of the law when they planned this ambush against the Palpatine. Whom was still Chancellor at the time. That could be seen as an attempted coup.”

Obiwan spent a few seconds thinking over what Anakin had said. Obiwan thought, 'Yoda and I warned Mace and the other high council members that this might happen. So, you might be right. This also means you have became far more politically savvy than I gave you credit for. This explains the plans you shared with me this morning. How you planned to leave all this behind. You were already planning on leaving the Order and the war behind to be with Padme. Still, that is another matter. And if you are correct, then Mace, myself, and the rest of the high council are about to be in a lot of legal trouble.'

Obiwan conceded, “You may have a point there. I doubt Padme will harm the Jedi Order. Though, she will likely arrest most of the conspirators. I hope I do not end up in prison. I was not crazy about that plan in the first place. Neither was Master Yoda. We both suggested that the council needed to contact Padme.... Chancellor Amidala before we took any action. The rest of the council did not listen to our concerns.”

Anakin said, “If that is the case, I doubt you will see any prison time. Though, you will likely be forced to resign from the Order.”

Obiwan commented, “I can live with that.”

Anakin offered, “I am sure Padme will find you a job that you will like.”

Obiwan shrugged, as he replied, “Probably.”

Anakin smiled, as he stated, “Look on the bright side. Within around half a year, you will get to play the role of grandfather towards my children.”

Obiwan responded, “True. And I hear that grandparents get to spoil their grandchildren.”

Anakin agreed, “That is what I have heard, as well.”

Meanwhile, after they finished the orders Obiwan gave them, Rex and the other clone troopers in the room, had turned to face the center of the room, as they quickly listened to the conversation.

Rex spoke up, “Sir.”

Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obiwan turned to Rex.

Anakin responded, “Yes, Rex.”

Rex asked, “With Chancellor Amidala now in charge. And with her planning to talk to Lady Laufeyson. Does this mean the war will soon be over?”

Anakin answered, “More than likely, yes.”

Rex inquired, “What about us? All we know how to do is be soldiers.”

Obiwan commented, “We all get to live another day. And you will be free to choose what you desire to do next.”

Rex used his right hand to rub the bottom of his chin, as he mused, “Freedom... I never put much thought into that.” Then, he dropped his right hand back to his side.

Obiwan stated, “It looks like you will have plenty of time to do so. I know troopers are given a salary, so you have some money.”

Rex inquired, “Yes. We do each get paid a salary which goes into a personal bank account, Though, will we still be able to serve in the military, if we desire to do so?”

Obiwan answered, “If that is what you desire. But, you will now be able to leave when your current tour is over.”

Rex commented, “Sir. I will have to carefully think over this matter.”

Obiwan replied, “Please do so. These are big choices in one's life. And one should not act rashly in making such decisions.” Obiwan did not turn to Anakin. Though, he was tempted to do so. Obiwan thought, 'To be fair. Anakin and Padme waited years before they decided to get married. So, in a way the did take their time and not act rashly about their relationship.'

Anakin mentioned, “I will make sure to use my influence with Padme, to help those clones that wish to leave the military life. So they can be able to receive the help they need to more easily adjust to civilian life.”

Rex turned to Anakin. Rex responded, “Thank you. And by the way, General Skywalker. Congratulations to you and the new Supreme Chancellor, Lady Amidala.”

Anakin smiled, as he happily replied, “We appreciate that.”

Obiwan said, “I will contact Battlemaster Drallig to issue the stand down order for the Jedi Temple.” Obiwan thought, 'And I will tell Yoda everything is fine. If he does not already know. And he will arrange to rescind the Twilight Protocols.'

Ahsoka's lips curled into a mischievous grin, as she stated, “Now, we get to throw a very large victory party.”

Rex agreed, “Now that sounds nice.”

Obiwan commented, “I have heard that the Zeltrons do good catering for parties.”

Anakin stated, “I am sure Padme has their number.”

Obiwan responded, “I would not doubt that for one minute.”

One of the Jedi communication officers, whom had been monitoring outgoing transmissions at his computer terminal looked over at Obiwan Kenobi. The human male, Jedi communication officer said, “Master Kenobi.”

Obiwan, Anakin, Ahsoka, and the others people in the room turned to look at the Jedi communication officer.

Obiwan commented, “Yes. Knight Ardwick.”

The Jedi Knight John Ardwick stated, “On my monitor, I am beginning to see several orderings being sent from the Senate and Military commands on Coruscant. All the codes for the orders are correctly checking out. The orders are stand down and withdraw orders for all battles being currently fought against the Separatists. This includes a general ceasefire for all Republic military forces. There are reports the Separatists are also issuing such ceasefire and stand down orders to their military forces.”

“In addition, it is being reported by the Coruscant Defense Fleet that the Separatist Fleet heading to Coruscant has begun to turn around and enter into hyperspace.”

Obiwan smiled. He look around the room at his friends and subordinates. Obiwan happily said, “Relay those orders to all Jedi forces across the galaxy. That it is official. We are all standing down. The Clone Wars are officially over, and that we can now celebrate.”

Obiwan thought, 'While our brethren are in hiding, they will at least soon know the war is officially over. I am sure they will all celebrate when they find out the war is over. And this will help convince them to come out of hiding much sooner. Even if it is to face legal charges. But, that is for tomorrow. Today we will celebrate.'

Anakin smiled at the good news.

Rex and several other people in the room let out a sigh of relief.

And Ahsoka jumped a meter into the air, with her extending her hands above her, as she yelled, in excitement, “Yes!” And she laughed in joy for a few moments, as she safely landed back in a standing position, on her feet, back onto the floor.

(_)

“I realized you cannot destroy power. All you can do is make sure that it's in the right hands.” Doctor Hank Pym, Ant-Man 2015 film.

To be continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

And so two women, whom were able to climb out of the lowest points in their lives were able to attain power, and bring a stop to a madness that almost enveloped an entire galaxy.

This chapter was a long time in coming. I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter.

At the beginning of the chapter, when Padme confronts Palpatine. I had the scene so Palpatine had his back to the Senate Building and Padme had her back to the cityscape. This was representative of where they stood.

When Padme looked at Palpatine, she also saw the Senate Building behind Palpatine which represented Palpatine's power, authority, and his castle, as it were.

When Palpatine look at Padme, Palpatine saw behind Padme the cityscape, which represented Padme being a woman of the people, in fighting for the people and the ideals of the Galactic Republic.

One of the annoyances I have with most Star Wars fanfiction is that the battles where the “good guys” of the story confront Palpatine are usually very short, with the victory being a sacrifice by one of the “good guys”, or catching Palpatine off guard. The “off guard” comment includes the Star Wars films and the Dark Empire comic series.

In response, I wrote a very detailed battle featuring Palpatine battling the “good guys”. First the Jedi versus Palpatine. Then, Padme/Thor with Mjolnir versus Palpatine. I wanted to give the readers the feeling of a well earned victory. No trickery. Both sides going all out, with the victory being one born from effort, not cheap tricks.

I interwove the other scenes with the fight scenes to keep the fight scenes from dragging, while showing how the battle between Palpatine and Padme were being fought at several levels at once, not just Padme battling Palpatine in person. But, Padme having Anakin and Ahsoka go to the Jedi Temple to handle the Jedi and Loki. Also, Padme having Bail go before the Galactic Senate, to convince the Senators to impeach Palpatine and appoint Padme as the new Supreme Chancellor.

To fight an enemy, or enemies, in every way possible are tactics of a General. By Padme taking such actions, I wanted to show that Padme had earned the rank of General, and later the title of Supreme Chancellor.

There is actually a fan theory that one of the justifications Palpatine had for taking over the galaxy, creating the Empire, and building large super-weapons, such as the Death Star, was to prepare for the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong.

There is some evidence in the Star Wars Expanded Universe stories, such as from the Outbound Flight novel, where Palpatine first learned of Thrawn, that leans towards the possibility that Palpatine learned about the Yuuzhan Vong before he started the Clone Wars. I do not necessarily agree with this theory. But, it does explain why Palpatine would build multiple Death Stars. Those super-weapons are not cheap.

This does not excuse Palpatine's methods and actions. Though, this does explain some of motives to Palpatine's methods and actions.

I knew even if I gave Padme Mjolnir, she would still need years of training and experience before she could hope to stand a chance against fighting Palpatine in battle.

Gaining a weapon does not make one an instant expert in the abilities of the powers said weapon gives.

I wrote over a thousand pages of training scenes and fight scenes preparing and justifying Padme fighting Palpatine and defeating Palpatine.

Not only did Padme receive Mjolnir, and later the Black Solace, but she was trained by the Jedi, gained six years of combat experiences in a war, while also being trained further by the Jedi during that time. Also, she received some advice and training by Loki. All this justifies the level of skill and power Padme displayed in the above chapter when she fought Palpatine.

In this chapter, I had arranged the situation so Padme spoke normally as Thor, along with Padme being referred as Padme in the description of the scenes, while in her stronger form, as a way to show she has fully mastered her powers and Mjolnir.

Still, even with all this, I wanted to show that Palpatine has the advantage. Both in the previous chapter, where Palpatine curb stomped the group of twenty-four Jedi Knights and Masters. And this battle with Mace and then Padme. Palpatine eventually gained the advantage over Mace, only to have Padme step in at the last moment to save Mace. Then, Palpatine fought Padme and Mjolnir. Padme and Mjolnir barely won the battle. And that was after Mace and the other Jedi had a chance to bring Palpatine down a notch or two.

Please note that force lightning is not normal lightning. Part of the energy from force lightning come from the force itself. That part of the force lightning that was the force was what hurt Padme while in her Thor form, while Palpatine barraged her force lightning. Also, Palpatine used more force in the force lightning that came from the force storm than normal force lightning has. That is why normal force lightning does not harm Padme in her Thor form, but intense force lightning did harm Padme in her Thor form.

While Mjolnir's lightning is bluish-white. I made Palpatine's pure dark side force lightning black with red highlights. The red highlights are to give the black lightning definition when seeing the black lightning. The reason I chose the color red is that red is associated with the Sith.

Though, during the battle, Padme figured out how to create an energy shield to defend against Palpatine's black lightning.

Also, Padme breaking Palpatine's lightsaber energy blade is to show how much energy Padme can concentrate into Mjolnir's axe blade.

Various Mjolnirs in Marvel Comics have been shown to be holy objects to the point of being dangerous for beings such as vampires and demons.

In addition, while it is not stated in Star Wars that Palpatine knew the lightsaber Juyo version of Form VII, it is stated Darth Maul did know Juyo. Given Maul was trained by Palpatine, it stands to reason that Palpatine likely taught Maul Form VII. And like most of his skills Palpatine had mastered Form VII.

In Episode Three, it is stated in reference material, in the battle between Mace and Palpatine, Mace used Vaapad Form VII against Palpatine to seize the advantage, and even throw Palpatine's force lightning back against Palpatine.

Form VII is a very destructive and wild fighting style which is more suited for open spaces.

In Episode Three, Mace and the other Jedi confronted Palpatine in his home. It logical that Palpatine would not want to destroy his home, so he did not use Form VII. This is why Palpatine did not use any of his more destructive force abilities. And this decision almost cost Palpatine that battle.

In this chapter, with both of them using Form VII, neither Mace nor Palpatine could draw force power from the other to offer aid in combat.

With Palpatine going full out, using all his force abilities, he bridged the gap to prevent Mace from using the Vaapad in combination with Mace's Shatterpoint technique to win the battle.

On the two clashing storms. When is came to the storm Palpatine created, with the black lightning with red highlights, the wind and pellets of hail, I wanted to show how the dark side of the force can twist and corrupt the weather and nature itself.

While Padme's storm represents purity and power that the weather and nature provides. A purity and power that needs to be respected, with clean water the wind, and natural lightning.

The two storms clashed in the air for dominance like Padme and Palpatine were directly doing on the ground below.

The coup in the Senate, which is what Bail did for Padme, was to show how useful Bail could be. Along with how devious Padme can be. In this manner, Bail displayed the skills which could have helped him organize and lead a rebellion, such as in the original timeline. And in so doing Bail finally found his voice.

There have been coups in Earth's own history where the dictator was away while the Senate deposed the dictator, with the dictator being the last person to find out he had been deposed. One of the most notable cases was in Ancient Rome dealing the fall of Emperor Nero. While Nero was located in another part of the City of Rome, the Senate passed laws which deposed Nero and the Senate ordered the execution of Nero. Nero did not realize he was no longer Emperor until he saw a crowd of people in a courtyard coming to kill him. At which point Nero ordered his slave to kill him, which his slave did. And the slave was later executed for killing Nero.

The statements after the battle between Padme and Mace were to show how foolish Mace and the other Jedi High Council members were being by allowing themselves to ignore the law and fall into Palpatine's trap.

This was a very fun conversation to write.

As a way to show how Anakin has matured, Anakin was able to convince Loki to call off the attack on Coruscant by appealing to Loki's mischievous nature.

Also, Anakin showed how much he respects Ahsoka, as he pointed out to that Jedi guard.

Yes. Loki's “red wedding” comment at the end of chapter twenty-three was a “Game of Thrones” comment.

Personally, I do not like the Game of Thrones series. That being said, while I, the writer, dislike Game of Thrones, the various characters I write about could still like Game of Thrones.

This is something that some writers forget about. To write characters with broader tastes than the writer has.

Now all I have left are the epilogues. Wrapping everything up. Two chapters and this story is done.

I believe you will like what I have in mind. In a lot of ways this story is coming full circle in very interesting directions.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
18 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

fantastic!

looks good now for peace, and reform of both the Jedi Order and the Republic.

DogSig.png