The Relic

Printer-friendly version

Office of Joint Chiefs Of Staff
Washington D.C

Time: 0900

“Lt . Col. Jack Arnold reporting as ordered , Sir”

“At ease “ General Marcus Payne replied .

“I need a status report for “Project Golden Bird”.

“Sir, we’ve run into an invisible force field while trying to gain access to the cave where the relic is located . I’ve sent a team in to try to get past it, but we haven’t succeeded . One of the team is a member of the Hopi Nation . He suggests that we go talk to his grandfather who is familiar with the lore of the Sourhwestern tribes . His name is Two Eagles and he may be able to provide answers” .

“ Go ahead and see what you can find out . The fate of the world is in our hands and there isn’t much time left before the planet is destroyed . Take two of your best intelligence officers with you “

“I’ll get right on it , Sir “

Time: 14:00

Phoenix Arizona.

“General Payne had me call you in on this because we are running out of time and have no real answers to how we access the relic . Your jobs will be to assist me in interviewing a shaman named “Two Eagles” . He is familiar with the local tribal lore and may be able to shed light on how we might proceed “ .

“ Where are we meeting ?” Lt. Kellie Daniels asked.

“ We have agreed to meet at a secured base in the Arizona desert “

“ Has Two Eagles been vetted and made aware of the sensitivity of this operation?” Lt. Chad Joseph asked,

“ Two Eagles “ is a veteran of Korea and worked on several classified projects following the war so his clearance is no problem . He is fully aware of what is at stake “.

Time :16:00

Secured desert location

“Before we begin , I would like to thank you for your assistance in this matter . We are running out of time and we must stop this impending destruction of Earth “

“My people have been aware of this since the beginning of creation and have warned the white man about the consequences of their actions ever since they came ashore from across the sea , but their greed and selfishness has blinded them and deafened their ears to what the elders have said . They have used their religion to justify their treatment of our people and paid no heed to the harm they have done to Mother Earth .

Many moons ago, they insisted on enforcing the idea of a polarity split between men and women and admiring masculine traits in their nature and dismissing feminine traits as weak and less desirable . They have forgotten that the Great Spirit created us with a duality of both natures to balance us as a whole person . Your modern Christian religion has used this idea to bully those who are living this dual nature and made them feel less than what the creator made them to be .

Most of your President’s have gone along with this agenda and even banned those members from serving in the military . If you are to succeed in your quest to reach this relic , you must implore the President and the Pentagon to allow a team of “two spirited “ service men and women to undertake this mission because the barrier can only be crossed by those who have experienced life from both sides of their nature .

The idea of polarity must give way to duality , respect and love for all who understand the ways of our elders . The world must learn to love and respect differences in people if we are to live up to the ideas contained in this relic . At the moment , the room is accessed , each of the team must place one hand on it . This will in turn raise the Earth into a higher vibration and will prevent it’s destruction . It will be a new beginning for the Earth . One final warning , I must give you . Whoever fails to embrace this understanding will be left to face the destruction that is fated to happen if they don’t change their ways “.

“ We appreciate your time and we will be working diligently to put together a team of individuals who have served our country with distinction regardless of what gender identity they identify with” .

Oval Office

Day Two

Time: 13:00

“ You now have the detailed report compiled by my security team , Mr. President . You are fully aware that Shaman Two Eagles is a man with an impeccable military record and a sterling reputation for truth . We have tried everything to breach that invisible barrier and our time is almost over . The asteroid will destroy Earth in 72 hours unless we do something very soon !”

“ I understand what you’re saying , General Payne , but what do I say to my religious right supporters ?” I am taking a risk going against them on this”.

“With all due respect, Sir. You read exactly what Two Eagles said . If they don’t fall in line and change their ways , they will be left behind to be destroyed . You have a choice to make . Save humanity by embracing those who have the duality of spirit to accomplish this or go down with the people who refuse to recognize this truth about who we really are” . When they touch this orb , the world will shift into a higher dimension of love , peace and understanding and those who don’t change with it , will face their doom .

“Okay , I will inform the rest of the National Security team and the Pentagon to mobilize this unit for the mission .”

“ I will get the ball rolling my end, Mr. President “.

Day 5

Day 5

Secured Desert Base

Time: 07:00

“Ladies and Gentlemen . I am Lt. Col. Jack Arnold. You have been ordered here by the president, to undertake a mission which only you have the ability to undertake . You have all been briefed by General Payne and know what you are tasked to undertake . Once inside , you will cross the barrier and then touch the orb with your right hands at the same time . You are owed a debt of gratitude and a sincere apology for what you have endured while serving in the uniform of our country . We will load our equipment and depart for the location at 09:00 . We will arrive at approximately 11:00 . As I call your name, please proceed to the hangar bay at the Southwest corner with your gear , Major Tamara Sharp
Lt. John Carson
Sgt. Major Renae Tibbs
Pvt 1st Class Thomas Wentworth.
Pvt. 1st Class Julia Rodriguez
Pvt 1st Class. Jessica Wainwright
Airmen 1st Class Mitchell Newman
CWO Kristen Becker
Petty Officer 1st Class Ryan Whitaker .

At 09:00, the Chinook took off with a cross section of transgender military personnel aboard . They landed two hours later less than 100 yards from the cave entrance . Lt. Col. Arnold stayed outside the cave and monitored the progress of his team . He took the words of Two Eagles to heart and made sure he included members of all branches of service . The team entered single file until they reached the room with the invisible shield . As Two Eagles had said , the duality of their natures , allowed them to cross the threshold of the barrier without incident and they entered the large inter chamber where the orb sat on a pedestal in the center of the room. Sensing the magnitude of what they were about to do , they paused to look into each other’s eyes and reflect on their own personal journey’s that brought them to this moment .

“Let”s do this !” they all declared in unison and touch the orb with the palm of their right hand . There was a brilliant flash of light that radiated out from the cave in all directions and when they walked to the mouth of the cave, the world looked and felt completely different . Lt . Col. Arnold was there in the same place they left him .

“ Congratulations on a job well done . I think the President wants to speak with us on the satellite video link . The team was stunned when they saw a beautiful woman sitting in the president’s chair! “ I know you are a bit shocked , but I wanted you to be the first to see that your actions also changed the course of history for the better .

The president in the old dimensional reality , could not escape the clutches of the people controlling him , so five minutes before you touched the orb , he backtracked on his support and he was left back in the old timeline where the asteroid destroyed the world . I am the one that was elected from and for the highest good of all the people in the country and around the world . The male dominated patriarchies that existed around the world are no more as are the religious divisions which caused so many wars . We have now embraced what Two Eagles was talking about and there is no longer any persecution for anyone who doesn’t conform to the strict gender norms that existed in the old Earth timeline . I also understand that congratulations are in order for Pvt’s Wainwright and Rodriguez on your forthcoming marriage , I also found out you were having trouble finding a venue for your wedding . I hope you don’t mind, but I have called both your mothers and offered the Rose Garden of the White House . We can even do it the same day you all come here to accept your commendations from a grateful nation and world for what you have done to save us all”.

“Thank you Madame President “ Jessica and I are truly humbled by your honor and we gratefully accept your offer” .

Epilogue

“ On behalf of a grateful nation , we award you with this commendation for service beyond the call of duty and we declare that this day will forever be known as National Transgender Appreciation Day in the country and in the armed forces “. The team all smiled and thanked the president for her words and support .

Jessica and Julia were married soon after in a beautiful ceremony with the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court doing the honors as officiant .

The entire team noticed an immediate difference in the country after they returned from their mission . There was no longer any discrimination against any minority group , no longer any politicians who served any one group of people or agenda , but recognized that all have the rights to equality and equal treatment .

There were no longer religious extremists who spread hateful rhetoric and violence against anyone . There was peace , love and harmony among all people because each understood that we are all connected as one humanity without any concern for race or other divisive tactics . There was a genuine concern for the world and for Mother Earth and it resulted in a much better quality of life for all. Each one had compassion and love for each other and made sure all needs were taken care of .

This was a new humanity born because of the actions of a group who had lived and experienced great personal anguish, but they found the strength to be true to themselves and showed others that “twin spirited “ people are embracing life the way it was intended as complete human beings with an equally balanced nature of strength , empathy and compassion .

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A great start

As i read this story i hoped there would be more like this set in this new universe.

In a World With No Conflicts...

...you don't have much material for a story. (You can't even have Earth threatened by another asteroid, since apparently they can overcome natural catastrophes like that.)

Only fodder, so to speak, for conflict that I can see is their encountering some other species -- from Earth or elsewhere -- whose basic worldview, though valid for themselves and ethical by our standards, nevertheless isn't compatible with humanity's. (Cetaceans? Hive-minds? Self-aware electronics?) But it sounds as though if something like that were to happen, one race or the other could simply move on to a new timeline as humanity did here, thus avoiding the problem. (As many writers have pointed out, it's difficult to posit the existence of one alternative universe without allowing for others, even an infinite number of them.)

That said, there's not much point to an analysis like this one. What the story's really dealing with isn't science fiction but Armageddon and the saving of The Elect, though hopefully a less dogmatic version of the latter than in most apocalyptic literature. If it's true that we could watch them build a new paradise now that everybody left is on the same page, so to speak, without any conflict I think it'd be hard for us to care. (OK, I guess the point of most utopian stories is the comparison with life as we know it, rather than the steps to get from point A to point A-plus. But since our author has explained rather clearly what was needed to get from here to point A already, I'm not sure how much there is to do.)

Eric

another good one

As I set and read this wonderful tale, it makes me wish that it could real.. However it isn't but I have not read any of your work and hopefuly you and I will have some good gabs about it all

One can but hope...

That one day... Sigh.
If indeed there is a planet left for us to inhabit.