A New Home Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Jackie looks at their sleeping beauty. She had been woken-up in the middle of night from the girl screaming. She had rushed to the little girl’s room still wearing the oversized shirt she had brought back from her tower. She found the little girl cowering against the headboard. She could tell the poor thing was scared and frightened.

She walks in slowly, so not to scare the little girl. Jackie starts purring as she moves closer to the bed. The little girl turns her head towards
Jackie and watches as she turns into an ordinary calico house cat. Jackie moves closer, still purring and rub up against the little girl.

Kayla had watched as a young teenage girl had changed form a human into a small house cat rubbing against her. She reaches down and pet the cat. She could hear the purring coming from her.

Jackie jumps onto the little girls lap and purr a little louder for her. She arches her back each time the little girl strokes her. She rubs her body against the little girl and after a few minutes, she feels the little girl calm down and slowly fall back asleep. Jackie stays by her for a little while and then jumps off the bed and resume her human form. Her hair was a little longer, but that was fine with her. She tucks the little girl under the blanket. Jackie had resumed her cat form and slept with the little girl.

Joe and Asoese had gone back to backtrack the little girls scent and came to an abandon run down house. There had been people living there, but had left in a hurry. Both men had picked up normal human smells. There were at least twelve different scents throughout the house.

Joe had found the small cage they had kept the girl in along with the shackles and collar.

There was also a make-shift lab that look like they had been making ruby and some other substance. Asoese had picked up several different Were blood in some of the broken beakers on the floor of the makeshift lab. Some were species that Asoese had never come across before.
The rest of the place was a mess. Joe and Asoese couldn’t figure out why the people had left in such a hurry. All they did know, was that the little girl had been left behind and she had managed to escape on her own. Asoese found a SD card hidden under some pizza boxes.

When he gets back to the house, he watches the videos on it and couldn’t believe what he was seeing. The men that held the little girl had recorded everything they did to the girl. They were getting pleasure out of the things they did to her. Asoese had to stop watching the videos. He was finding it hard to keep his anger in check.

He changes into his hybrid form and goes down to the gym to take his anger out. Asoese beast was so angry right now, that he wanted to kill something. He takes his anger out on the reinforced punching bags and the thick oak log they had for punching and clawing.

Jackie comes walking in and watches as Asoese tore into the oak log. She stays quiet as she watches as Asoese works his anger out. She could tell he was angry. She could smell it coming off him. After watching him for an hour-n-half.

“What has you so angry?”

Asoese turns quickly when he hears Jackie’s voice. He was so focused on destroying things, that he hadn’t notice someone else had come into the gym.

He looks towards Jackie “videos of how that little girl was treated. The people that abused and molested that poor girl.”

Jackie tosses a towel towards Asoese.

He catches it and dries off.

“Then it would be better not to show me. I have a temper worse than you do. My cat nature doesn’t put up with any abuse anymore and will strike out without my knowing it.” Jackie knew her cat hid what it did to her father. Her mother told her that she had order her too.

“You’re cat acts on its own, without you knowing?” Asoese had never heard of that happening.

“Yep, she reacted on her own and I have no knowledge of what she did. Since, I was abused she wanted revenge for what my father did to me. To this day I still don’t know what happened.” Jackie didn’t want to know where her father was or what happened to him.

“I’ve never heard of any one’s nature doing that before. You are a strange one Jackie.” He wipes his face some more.

“Why thank you. Let’s just say I’m learning more about what I am each day. As for the little girl we brought back, she’s going to need help to overcome what was done to her. Abuse is a hard thing for a child to overcome. Especially, when it was sexual abuse.”

“True. I think she’s going to need you to help her through it. She’s going to be skittish and uneasy around me and the rest of the guys. She’s going to need a woman and since she is comfortable with you. It might be best that you take charge of her. Show her that we can be trusted.”

“I think you can show her that on your own Asoese. Still, before I take her to my place, I think we need to get her body weight back up. Were there any other videos you found that would explain why she was there or who the people were?”

“From what I saw. She was sold to the people that abused her. Some Asian looking man sold her to the men that held her.” Asoese saw an old Asian man selling the little girl to the men that abused her.

Now, they needed to track down those men and bring them to justice for what they did to the girl. They also needed to be brought to justice for making Ruby as well. How they got their hands on a vampire and managed to drain them of all their blood, he wants to know. Because if they were doing it in their territory. The vampires will think they had something to do with it. The last thing they need right now is a war with the vampires.

Jackie goes over towards one of the weight lifting machines and start lifting weights.

Asoese changes back into his human form and watches Jackie as she works out. He had smelled the perfume she had worn the other day at breakfast. He knew there was no way that perfume was produce in stores. He also noticed the reaction Joe had when he touched the jewelry Jackie had on as well.

Jackie works out for a while. She stops and grabs a towel to dry off. She spots Asoese observing her. Her cat spirit was feeling a little proud of the attention she was getting from Asoese.

“I’m going to go and take a shower and check on the little girl.” Jackie starts walking towards the elevator to go back upstairs to shower. She puts a little wiggle in her walk as she approaches the elevator doors.

Asoese watches as Jackie walks towards the elevator. His nostrils flare as he catches her scent. He could feel his wolf stir and peeks out to look at Jackie as she walks to the elevator. He inhales her scent again and could feel his wolf stir more.

Asoese just watches as Jackie steps into the elevator and disappear from his sight. Asoese is going to have to talk with Joe. He knew this wasn’t the time to find his mate. He walks over to the elevator and takes it up after it comes back down to the gym.

Jackie couldn’t believe she did what she did. She could feel her cat spirit being restless and frisky. She just heads towards the room the little girl was in and peeks in. She notices the little girl was awake.

“Ah, I see sleeping beauty has woken up.” Jackie walks in slowly so not to scare the girl.

Kayla was startled when she heard the woman’s voice, but when she saw her. She knew it was the cat lady. She also notices she was wearing an oversized t-shirt that smelled like the strange lady.

Jackie walks over and sits on the edge of the bed.

“My name is Jackie. What is your name?”

In a low soft voice “Kayla.”

“It’s nice to meet you Kayla. Are you hungry or thirsty?” Jackie had heard her tummy rumble.

Kayla shakes her head yes. She was very hungry and thirsty. She hadn’t had anything to eat in three days.

“Well, let’s go and get you something to eat and drink then.” Jackie holds her hand out to Kayla.

Kayla was hesitating to take Jackie’s hand. She didn’t want to be hurt again by anyone. She has been tricked before.

Jackie could feel that Kayla didn’t trust her completely.

“I promise I will not allow any harm to come to you Kayla.” Jackie kept her hand out for Kayla to take.

Kayla reaches slowly for Jackie’s hand. She gasps it tight.

Jackie gently pulls Kayla to her body and hold her in her arms.

“Your safe now, Kayla. No one will ever hurt you here and they won’t allow anyone to hurt you either. You have my pledge on that.” Jackie stands up and carries Kayla down to the kitchen.

Kayla just rest her head on Jackie’s shoulder as they left the bedroom. Her nose told her that there were male wolves in the house. She holds tight to Jackie as they enter the kitchen. She didn’t want to let go of Jackie when she sat her down on a stool.

“I’m going to be right here Kayla, I promise.” Jackie looks at Kayla with a smile on her face.

Kayla lets go and watches as Jackie goes over towards the big refrigerator in the kitchen and grab things out of it. She watches as Jackie pours her a glass of juice and sets it down in front of her. It smelled like pineapple and oranges.

“I think you’ll like this. It’s one of my favorites.” Jackie pours herself a glass from the same carton and drinks it from her glass to show Kayla it was safe.

Kayla picks her glass up and takes a sip. She drinks some more while she watches Jackie make them two salads with fresh grilled chicken.
Jackie sits the plate she made for Kayla in front of her and sits next to her.

“Enjoy.”

Jackie watches as Kayla cautiously takes a bite. She smiles as Kayla takes another bite. She takes a bite of her own salad.

When Kayla is done with her salad. Jackie gives her a huge piece of coconut cream pie and a vanilla shake to go with it. By the time Kayla was finishes eating. Her tummy had stopped rumbling.

“Come on, let’s go outside for a while Kayla.” Jackie takes Kayla outside.

“I’m going to turn into a big cat for you to ride okay, Kay?”

Kayla shakes her head yes.

Jackie turns into a White Heart Tiger and rub-up against Kayla. She licks her, on her face and kneels so Kayla can climb onto her back.

Kayla climbs onto Jackie’s back after wiping away the slobber from her face. She pets Jackie and gets a deep purring sounds from her. Kayla liked how soft Jackie’s coat was. She holds on tight when she feels Jackie stand up.

Jackie takes Kayla on the jogging path she had discovered around the lake. She keeps a nice study pace, so Kayla didn’t have a problem staying on her. She wanted Kayla to enjoy being outside and free.

Kayla enjoys the ride on Jackie and being outside as they walked around the lake. She holds on tight as Jackie speeds up some. Kayla giggles as the wind rushes by her. She leans down and hugs Jackie.

up
252 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Animal House

Enjoying this story. Is this inter related to others?

alissa

I think there was some

mention in one of my stories. Most Alphas of each territory know each other. especially among the Wolves. The cats are a different story.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Helping Kayla feel safe

Jamie Lee's picture

Besides the food, Jackie is going about it the right way in showing Kayla that she is now safe. The next step will be in showing Kayla she's safe around the weres.

Ho boy, those does are in for a world of hurt. Draining a vampire isn't going to go over well with the vampires, or making Ruby. Those morons might as well dig their own graves since they'll need them once they're found.

Because a vampire was involved, if Joe's pack finds the men he could turn them over to the vampires for punishment.

Others have feelings too.