The Lokian Way - Foreword

Printer-friendly version

Hello fellow readers and writers of TBC.
I feel a little warning is warranted for those who pick up my serial "The Lokian Way".

So why the warning? You see "The Lokian Way" will be my first serial. Having previously mostly written short stories a serial is a big step up.

I started writing "The Lokian Way" by describing the day to day life of the main protagonist. In hindsight that might be a little too ambitious. However, I already finished writing the first two weeks. There is already a lot of content for you, the readers. My concern is that I won't be able to keep this format up. Maybe later skip selected days where I can't fill them with anything meaningful. After all, no one wants to read boring stuff.

Overall I plan a storyline that spans eight to ten weeks. All the major plot points are defined. With two weeks already done I can say that twenty to twenty-five percent of the story is written. However, I plan to keep a keen eye on the comment section for each part. If you have suggestions or wishes I will try to incorporate them into the story on the fly. As long as they are not compromising the overall story.

I am especially curious what you would do if you would find yourself in the shoes of the main character. He/she is a newly made trickster mage and has some rather unique spells. Mentally compelled to use those for pranks and hijinks.

Those spells will also lead to naughty and kinky scenes. Even sex. So this will be another warning. Despite starting slow this story is meant as one earning a "mature" rating.

My last warning is about secrets or strange unexplained things. Not everything about the main characters change and abilities is explained ahead. This story is a lot about self-discovery and many details of the world will be revealed when the main character learns of them himself/herself. Some of those issues I will have the characters keep track of inside the story. Other secrets and details are more hidden and only for those who keep a keen eye.

The last point I want to talk about is the world. It will be urban fantasy. Which means it will be in a world similar to our own, but with the added aspect that it has magic available to everyone. Magic in itself is split into certain aspects. For this story, the "trickster" aspect is featured. I hope that intrigues you as much as it does myself.

Thank you for reading my foreword. I hope you have fun reading "The Lokian Way".

Cassy

P.S.: Don't forget to comment on the series ;P

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You say you have

Sammi's picture

14 days of you protagonists life written already, may I suggest you post 1 episode twice a week at most, so may be Sunday (I used Sunday as that is today and you posted 'Part 01 - The Tuesday that changed his world' today) and Wednesday or Thursday, that gives a 7 week buffer before the next day in the life has to be ready to be posted.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

That was the plan

Next part comes Wednesday.
I also might put some days with less plot/ story together so no individual part is underwhelmingly small.
I am pretty satisfied with the story so far in the first two weeks.
However, I still gather ideas for sub-plots starting week three.