The Adventure Begins Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Angela was excited from her trip to the mall with her friends. The past few days had been quiet and free from attacks. Her friend’s mothers and her own had taken the trio to the mall to do some shopping. Her friends had helped her develop a style of her own, even though she couldn’t see.

When Angela was trying on different outfits and looks. Kadyn would tease her some and allow her to see what she looked like through her eyes. Cassandra had chosen a nice hair style for Angela. It made her look a little bit older. Her body had started to fill out more, so she didn’t look like an eight-year-old any more. She got her period during gym class and Cassandra had to come and get her. Her friend Gloria helped her through that incident.

Her ability to control her gifts, was getting better. She still wore her mother’s pentagram necklace to block people, but sometimes she took it off to test her ability to block people’s thoughts from bothering her. She had gotten a new pair of glasses to wear. They wrapped around her head to hold them in place.

Angela with Cassandra’s help had helped her to work on how her clothes were arranged better. So, she could dress herself in some of the other fancier clothes they had purchased. Kadyn, sometimes allowed Angela to look through her eyes. She wanted Angela to be comfortable with her and to strengthen their bond. Kadyn could already tell how Angela was feeling and hear her thoughts, but sometimes their bond felt weak.

One night while Angela was asleep, Kadyn felt a presence near the house that didn’t feel right. She knew Cassandra and Vince had magical protections on the house, but there was something that didn’t feel right to her. She leaves Angela’s side and heads outside to investigate. Kadyn was being cautious because something just didn’t feel right.

The Hunter:
The Hunter wanted to get to work right away and had made a list of weapons he would need for the task. He had inquired about his SUV that he had left behind in Florida. He found that it wasn’t there anymore. No one knew what happened to it. When he went to active the tracking device built into it, it wasn't working. He tried all four tracking devices that he had installed in the SUV, but couldn’t find it anywhere. When he went to investigate where he had parked it. He had found foot prints belonging to Agent 345. He knew if she had used it for shelter, then that meant the Were’s she had taken shelter with, would had taken it with them.

After this matter with the familiar was done with, Agent 345 and her adopted family would be next on his list. He wanted revenge, especially against Agent 345. She wasn’t meant to survive that explosion. He had arranged it so the explosion should had killed her, instead it had collapse the area he had been in and killed his assistant and crushed his body. He knew she had been caught by the explosion, but somehow, she had survived. The people that rescued him. Had found where she had been pinned. They had found the blood trail where her legs had been cut.

The Hunter was doing recon tonight to see this familiar and maybe, just maybe draw it outside to see what it was. As he got closer to the house, he could see the magical glow surrounding and protecting the house. It was no wonder that the serum the HSL gave its special warriors was a guarded secret. It gave them the ability to see magic energies and how to avoid it.

He will need to have the serum analyze to find out what it was composed of. As he got closer to the house, felt a different type of energy. He stops in his tracks and pulls the crossbow he brought with him and slips one of the carbon fiber bolts loaded with a specialty chemical to break open when it strikes his target.

He spots the familiar he had been given pictures of stepping out of the shadows. He hadn’t even seen it in the shadows. He watches as it looks around the area. A few times it had looked right at him and then moved on. He watches as it walks into a dark area and doesn’t come out. He sits and waits and the next thing he feels is an intense flame behind him. The whole area was lite-up by the flames and the heat was intense.

Kadyn had looked around till she spotted what was bothering her. She had felt the presence of death magic in area. It was too strong to be natural occurrences. Then she saw what had been emitting the magic. It was looking directly at her, observing her. She noticed that when she stepped into the shadows, it couldn’t detect her. She used the shadows to her advantaged to move closer to it and then stepped out in her full form, so it felt and met her flames.

She had done just what she wanted to, but hadn’t counted on the figure shooting her with a crossbow bolt. She felt it as the bolt penetrated her skin and went into her right shoulder and caused some sort of chemical to explode on her flames. They had dimmed some, but didn’t go out. She intensifies her flames and felt the bolt burn as it dropped out of her body.

The Hunter had fired the crossbow bolt and saw it go into the creature. The creature had sneaked up on him and nearly burned him with its flames. He had felt it and the intensity was more then he thought possible for a creature to generate. The fire chemical he had design to explode on impact covered the creature and dimmed the flames. However, it didn’t last long. The creature increased its flames even brighter and burned the chemical off like it wasn’t anything. As he goes to strike it, his fist gets burns in its flames.

Kadyn just smiles as she brings one of her paws out and strike him on his chest. Her claws leave three burned gashes on his skin. The skin around the gashes blister from the heat. Her claws cut through the skin like butter.

The Hunter felt pain and smelled his flesh burned when the creature’s claws struck his chest area. He tried dodging out of the way, but the creature was faster then he was. It had an evil smile on its face, looking at him like he was its play thing. He springs backwards and pulls his sword to strike.

“You have to be kidding me. A sword, really?” Kadyn couldn’t believe this moron.

The Hunter goes to strike the creature, but his sword melts in his hand. He drops what is left of it on the ground as he shakes his hands. He
stares at the creature searching for some sort of weakness. He could feel the flames and watched as they changed color. He felt the heat increase and had to back away from the creature.

“What are you?” He wanted to know, so he could kill this creature.

“I’m not from this dimension, human. The question now is. What should I do with you?” Kadyn walks closer to Hunter.

The Hunter backs away from her.

“You have the touch of death magic about you. Who is your Master?” Kadyn could see the vampire blood flowing throughout his viens.

“I have no Master. I am my own person.”

The Hunter could feel the flames getting closer to him and there was nothing nearby he could use on this creature. The natural defense his new body had, didn’t protect him against these flames. He kept backing up.

“Then who’s body did you steal and why do you have vampire blood in your system?” Kadyn could tell this person was

The Hunter didn’t want to answer this creature. As for the vampire blood, he knew who had did that to him. He kept quiet.

“Why don’t you leave before I turn you into a crispy critter.” Kadyn was going to give this creature a chance.

The Hunter walks around from the creature. He was keeping away from the flames as he made his way down the street. He was watching the creature and was careful when he walked around it.

Kadyn just watches as the figure walks away from the house. Next time she wasn’t going to be so nice. She shrinks from her lioness form, back down to her pixie-bob cat form and walk into the shadows and reappear inside Angel’s bedroom. No one had woken-up while she was gone.

Kadyn jumps up on Angela’s bed and curl against her sleeping form.

Off in the distance:
Riker and his crew along with Crimson, Noah’s new name. They were watching The Hunter as he faced off against some creature.

“Crimson, where did the body come from that the Hunter occupies now?” Riker had seen that body before.

“According to what was said. The body was a member of a special squad the HSL had created.” Crimson was standing up on Jacalyn’s right shoulder dressed in a dominatrix outfit.

Noah had changed her name now to Crimson. Jacalyn had suggested that to blend in, she should start dressing in clothes that matched theirs.

Riker turned around to look at Crimson “did you say the HSL?”

“Yes sir, I said the HSL.” Crimson had done some work for them and knew who some of their leaders were.

“I have heard about this squad. They killed several vampire clans in several different states. I thought the group was in disarray and such?”
Riker had met one of the members. She was the adopted daughter of Lady April of the Montana Pride.

“The squad no longer exist. It was rumor that the scout of the group killed the leader, after he tried to rape her. The other members from the group left to go and live with their families. The body The Hunter is inhabiting now was the leader of the group. The HSL had preserved his body hoping to clone more just like him. Agent 345 is the one responsible for the Hunter ending up being broken and nearly dead when they recovery team found him on the Island.” Crimson knew she shouldn't know this information, but she had connections in the HSL and the Hunter organization.

“We will watch the Viscount for now and gather evidence, before I make my judgement on what we should do with him. As for the Hunter, he needs to return to the land of the dead and Lady April of the Montana Pride needs to be informed about him.” Riker wasn’t pleased with this at all. He didn’t like killing his kind, but when they go against Vampiric Law, they had to be dealt with.

up
218 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ohhh Yes

Christina H's picture

Now the story starts this is what you have been building up to wonderful story telling

Christina

I think things are just heating up

Samantha Heart's picture

For Angela. I hope Kadyn can keep Angela protected. The other hunters are going to watch the viscount I guess you do what you have too.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Inter-mixing

I do enjoy you increasing the characters from other series and forming a continuance.. Great story (ies)

alissa

A confluence of stories

Honor among vampires. Good to know, just in case, thanks. The action is picking up, I'm hooked !

Karen

Seeking revenge

Jamie Lee's picture

Hunter doesn't know he's signed his own death warrant because of his seeking revenge for what was done to him.

His ignorance showed when he was confronted by Kadyn in her fire form. It was stupid to fire a chemical designed to burn on contact at a being who is fire. That was like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Riker shows how honorable he is by upholding his duties even though they may be distasteful.

Others have feelings too.

Something afoot

someones day is about to suck :_P