Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 18

Printer-friendly version

Yasmine was watching out the back-passenger window as they headed towards Cario, Kentucky. Her parents had rented a horse trailer to move Arion. She had informed her mother and father that Arion could carry her to Ava’s house in Cario, Kentucky. Her parents wanted to keep everything normal and that meant renting a horse trailer and transporting Arion like a normal horse.

“You’re quiet Yasmine, what’s on your mind?” Lily was looking over towards Yasmine.

“I was just wondering why we were staging things at Ava’s property?”

“Because her property is isolated and well protected.” Lily just watches Yasmine as she thinks about what she just mentioned.

The rest of the ride to Ava’s ranch was quiet. Arion was napping in the horse trailer, Yasmine was munching on a bag of trail mix and Lily was reading a book. Lydia was working a crossword puzzle and Ryder was driving and listening to Clannad.

After a few hours of driving, they pulled into the Half Moon Ranch. Yasmine was amazed at the layout of the place as they drove up the long driveway. Carmen and Ava were waving at them as they pulled up to the house. Ryder stops near the house next to an old Ford pick-up truck.

Yasmine steps out of the car and stands near Lydia.

“Welcome to Half Moon Ranch everyone. I hope you enjoyed your drive from the campground.”

“It wasn’t bad. You have a nice place out here.” Ryder was looking at Ava’s ranch layout.

“Thanks, my father left it to me. His mentor Zeke took care of it for me, until I became of age.”

“Well, it looks nice. You don’t mind if Arion runs around on the property, do you?”

“Not at all, Ava. I’ll have Charles take him to the pasture.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, now if you will come with me. My second wife Sara has prepared a lunch for us.”

That raised some eyebrows. Yasmine looks at Ava.

“You have two wives?”

Yasmine notices that Carmen had a smirk on her face.

“Yes and no. Officially and legally, I only have one wife and that’s, Courtney. Sara is our second wife. Both our natures wanted a third person in
our relationship. Sara was drawn to us.” Ava was leading them up the steps to the front door of the house.

They head inside the house. It had a combination of old and new design to the place. Yasmine could feel the magical energies protecting the place. It had several different flavors to it. There was wolf, cat/fey, Earth and witch to it. The house construction itself was old. The house had an old country feel to it, just like her home in New Hampshire. Ava leads everyone into a huge dining room.

“Please have a seat.” Yasmine sits down next to Carmen.

“I hope you don’t mind sweet tea.” Ava takes her seat.

A late twenty-year-old woman with short brown hair and wearing a nice maid outfit enters the dining room and start setting plates down on the table. The large platters she was setting down had freshly cut cold cuts, lettuce, tomatoes and a few other things for everyone to make their own custom sub sandwiches.

“Everyone, this is Sara. She’s the assistant house keeper and my friend.”

“Hello.” Sara smiles at everyone and heads back into the kitchen to get the rest of the stuff.

“Ryder, Lydia I hope you’ll be spending the night before you head back to Hampshire.” Ava was looking at the two of them.

“If it’s alright with you.” Ryder had already planned on staying, before he headed back towards their ranch.

Yasmine was looking around the dining room and notices several nice-looking art.

“Those are nice pictures, Ava.”

“Thank you, but I don’t know much about them. My father got them.” Ava knew some history of the house, but not all its secrets.

“Where’s your second mate? Isn’t she going to join us?” Lydia was curious.

“Right here.” Sarah comes walking into the dining room.

Sarah was taller than Ava and had long blonde hair and a slim build about her. There was a silver choker around her neck that had a wolf and
cat head in the center of it. Yasmine could already tell she wasn’t a Were. Yasmine saw her aura and could identify what her nature. She notices she was a witch just like her mother and herself. She walks over and takes a seat next to Lily.

“So, Yasmine. How are you and your familiar getting along?”

Yasmine looks over towards Carmen “I’m getting along with Arion, just fine. He has been telling me a lot about his species.”

“I did some research on Thunder Horses and I have to say, they are a unique breed.”

“Arion told me how his breed was created. It was interesting to say the least. He said they were partially constructed by the magical energies
from here when the world was first forming.”

“I’m going to have to tell my aunt.” Ava takes a sip of her sweet tea.

“Where’s Courtney?’ Lily was wondering Courtney went.

“She’s working at a construction site for her father. He’s is planning on stepping down for a while, to let her take over.”

“What type of work do you do, Ava?” Yasmine takes a bite of her sub.

“She’s a full-time mommy.” Sarah answered for Ava.

Yasmine looks over towards Sarah and then towards Ava.

“I didn’t know Ava was a mommy.”

Sarah looks towards Ava “you didn’t tell them?”

“No, I didn’t think it was important.”

“Oh, it’s a good thing I already knew about it.” Carmen had a Cheshire smile on her face.

Lydia and Ryder look towards Ava “How many children do you have Ava?”

“I have two sets of triplets in all. I have four girls and two boys. They are two and one-year old.” Ava had a proud look on her face.

“Are they Were like you?”

“Yes and no. I have two that magical abilities and the other four are Were’s like me and Courtney.”

“Wow!” Yasmine was impress.

Carmen enjoying her lunch. She already knew that Ava, Courtney and Sarah had children together. She hopes one day that she meets her
special someone. They enjoy the rest of lunch and afterwards go horseback riding. Arion didn’t mind Ava riding him for a little while. Yasmine did warn her not to have any electronic devices near him, because he tends to short them out.

Yasmine enjoys herself as they all rides out on the property. Even Carmen looked like she was enjoying herself. After about thirty minutes of riding, Ava traded horses with Yasmine so she could ride Arion.

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It would be interesting to reconcile

e science with the creation of the earth and thunder hourses.Sounds like they have their own creation myth.