Anita, Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Anita
Chapter 10

By Portia Bennett

 
Introduction: In a sense there is a connection to this story and several other non-magic stories I’ve written. Two characters from Mike and Ashley show up briefly. They would be Mike and Ashley. This story, Like “Mike and Ashley”, “Discovery”, and “Cynthia and the Queen of Knight” takes its storyline from the work of someone else. In this case, a production by an Italian fellow named Joseph Green. The story is 16 chapters in length plus an epilogue. I’ve done as much tweaking as I can. Any errors are mine and I will gladly accept constructive criticism; as long as you’re nice.

A team of three men arrive from the manufacturer of the generator, only they are not. There is going to be a major celebration put on by Costa. Costa closed a billion dollar deal, and he’s bringing his customers in for a very big part.
 


This work is copyrighted by the author and any publication or distribution without the written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of the characters to persons living or dead is coincidental.


 
 
Chapter 10
 

The team of three men from the generator company in the US arrived in Port au Prince by air, and Adolpho Mongini was there to greet them. After brief introductions and handshakes, Adolpho took them to the far side of the airport where one of Costa’s helicopters would take them to the compound.

“You don’t have very much equipment with you,” Adolpho asked as they loaded their equipment and luggage.

“If it’s just a minor problem, we might be able to fix it,” Randy Sullivan, the head engineer said. “We really don’t know what’s wrong with it. If it’s what I’m hoping it’s not, we will have to get some parts flown down here. Most of what we have is just diagnostic equipment. It might take us a day or two to figure out what’s wrong. Once we know, it will take two days to get the parts down here and depending on what we need to do, it might take up to a week to fix it. We’ll just have to see.

Anita heard the helicopter approaching and could see it landing in front of the hangar. Tommaso and Peter were there to greet them. She was fully aware of who they were. Randy Sullivan was an electrical engineer who oversaw the operation of the agency’s support equipment; in particular, the various standby power systems the agency had in their facilities around the world. Don Clark was an EE who worked for him. The third person was Robert Okoye.

When Anita told them about the problem, Randy immediately got in contact with the generator company letting them know, at very high levels, what the problem was. Randy was there the next day in a vacant office to handle all the communications with Costa’s organization. Other than the size, Costa’s generator was essentially the same as most of those Randy had under his control. He knew them like the back of his hand.

They really weren’t much closer to a conclusion for their mission, but now they had three more people on the site, and if they played their cards right they would be able to gather a great deal of intelligence before they decided to pull the trigger.

Costa left it to Peter to bring the men up to their quarters. They would have a larger cottage that sat between Peter’s cottage and Anita’s. That might be to their advantage, and then again, it might not. They were brought up in three golf carts. Randy rode with Luigi Bottardi who was a bit of a jack of all trades, gofer, and executioner. Don Clark rode with Federico Bellini, another gunman. Lastly, Robert Okoye rode with Peter. Peter deliberately lagged behind.

“Anita will be happy to see you, sir,” Peter said when he knew they were out of hearing range.

“I don’t think I understand,” Robert said feigning ignorance.

“I went to Austin Peay. I was there when she got the medal for heroism. I also know about the court martial. I recognized Anita when I first saw her at the restaurant. I saw your picture in the newspaper articles about both events.

“I think you need to know several things about me. First of all, I am very much in love with your daughter.”

“That could be difficult,” Robert said in a somewhat subdued voice.

“I understand; however, she loves me.”

“I find that very difficult to believe. After all, she’s ….”

“I know she’s gay. That’s not a problem. It seems I have this little problem. It seems I was born in the wrong body.”

“I see,” Robert said.

“I’m hoping that you can get me out of here. I hate this place. I hate these people and what they do. If you can get me out of here I will gladly be a witness. I will tell you everything I know. That being said, if they find out about me, they will kill me. They will gladly kill the three of you. They’ll kill Anita, of course, if they find out about her. They have a very unpleasant way of executing their enemies. They seal them up in a crypt over there, and suffocate them.

“Enough of that, the three of you will be having dinner in the house. It probably won’t be that way every night that you are here. Anita usually eats dinner with us. Your cottage has a well equipped kitchen. Anita can also fix breakfast and lunch for you at the house.

“It would probably be best if you spoke only English. They think Anita has a limited understanding of English. They have no idea she understands Italian.”

“You seem to know quite a bit about my daughter.”

“I told you, I love her. It’s difficult to really love someone without knowing a lot about that person. It’s real, I assure you.”

“So, do you plan on being my son-in-law or daughter-in-law?”

“Whatever it takes.”

The other drivers left after taking the baggage inside the cottage. Peter motioned to everyone indicating there might be bugs before handing Anita’s phone to her father. Robert quickly ran a scan throughout the cottage.

“It’s clear. What the hell are you doing with my daughter’s phone?”

“I just borrowed it. Being second in charge of security makes it pretty easy. I replaced it with a lookalike, but I will have to take this one back. They don’t want anyone taking pictures in here. I imagine your intelligence photos can show you everything that’s outside without any problem.”

“Bob, what the hell is going on?” Randy asked.

“It seems Peter, here, is on our side. My daughter told me. I’ve known about it for a while. If we don’t do anything else, we’ve got to get them out of here.

“I think it would be best if we took some time fixing the generator, if we can fix it. If not, we’ll just have to make sure the parts take a while getting here.

“I guess we’d better get ready to meet our hosts.”

***

Anita did not eat with Costa and Company that night. She and Maria served dinner. The group spoke mostly English in deference to their guests. They spoke French to Anita, and heaped praise on her for her ability as a cook.

“We were so lucky to find her,” Marietta said. “She was a new employee at a restaurant we go to every once in a while. Our favorite had burned to the ground. We had to have her and managed to steal her away.”

Anita and Maria brought the men breakfast the next day. After Maria returned to the kitchen, they talked quietly among themselves.

“There will be a major get together here in five days. Peter told me there will be major cocaine suppliers from South America, and major buyers from North America and Europe. Costa is basically the pipeline, but it is his money that does the purchasing and he reaps the rewards at the other end. That way, there is less risk to the sellers and buyers. I think Costa may be spending close to a billion dollars on these deals. You can imagine what the street value is.”

“We have to get you out of here,” her father said.

“That’s not a problem for me; however, I’m not leaving unless Peter is with me. The trouble is that we can’t be together that often. Costa’s daughter is beginning to suspect there is something between us. As attractive as she is, her reputation is out there. She wants him to father her children and strengthen her standing in the company. She just wants him as a sperm bank. He hates her, but at least has to make it appear as if he’s somewhat interested.

“If Costa goes outside the company to find a husband for her, he will have to be a member of one of the cartels. Costa fears there would be a takeover attempt in that case, and he doesn’t want to lose control.”

“Are there any times when they are more vulnerable than others?” Randy asked.

“If they lost power; however, the power is underground for at least a mile. It would be pretty obvious if we cut power, or had someone do it. I imagine there’s another tropical storm or hurricane brewing somewhere. They knock out power rather routinely around here. You might delay repairs on the generator if you can.

“I have to get back. I’ll let you guys figure out what to do.”

“I thought she was gay, a lesbian. Sorry sir, I ….” Don was lost for words for a moment.

“Not a problem, Don. She surprised me with her little announcement, but now I understand what’s going on. We do need to get him out of here. He has information that will be invaluable in helping slow this bunch down.

“I guess we’d better find out what’s wrong with that generator.”

As it turned out, the generator gods had not liked the generator at all. The bearings had seized in the generator, and it was frozen. It would go to the scrap heap. The drive shaft had sheared at the U-joint, and it was damaged beyond their capability to repair it. They would need a machinist, and he would have to be flown in if there wasn’t one available in the local area. As near as they could tell, the diesel engine was still functioning properly.

The guests started arriving the next day. Many arrived by air and were flown from Port au Prince to the compound. Several arrived by yacht. Obviously, there had been ‘rules’. The meetings and dinner were male only affairs. Wives and lovers were not allowed. If there were other people on the yachts, they remained there. In all, there were 19 guests.

Obviously, the guests’ desires were well known in advance. Of the three men who had arrived by yacht, two spent their nights at the compound. Five of the 19 stayed in the main house. The remainder were either placed in the empty cottages or the barracks. Perhaps barracks was the wrong thing to call them. Anita had checked barracks out during her familiarization tours with Peter. Each man had a two room suite plus bath. Included was a kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and coffee maker. Those who desired it were also provided with a willing or unwilling bedmate.

For the first night, Anita prepared primarily Haitian dishes. It was so involved that breakfast and lunch were prepared at the chow hall and brought up to the main house so Anita could work her magic with the main meal. While she and Maria were serving, she managed to get photos of all the attendees. One of the members even managed to take a ‘selfie’ while he was hitting on Anita. He was complimenting her on her cross while trying to peek at her cleavage. She let him stare for quite a while.

The next morning most of the men played golf. They ate lunch in the chow hall. Anita had no idea what they ate. Afterwards, they returned to their rooms where their temporary bedmates, freshly bathed and perfumed, were waiting for them. After that, there was a long siesta. Dinner would start at 7:00 PM.

***
***

The generator really is quite broken and they need a major shipment of parts. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the roads are still out. The parts will have to come in by sea. The bacchanalia begins. It is quite an affair.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Fish in a barrel, but...

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting Anita and Peter, and those forced to be there, out of there would have to be done first if the plan was to level the place and kill the pigs there.

But doing so without arousing suspicions will be difficult.

Others have feelings too.

Again Correct

littlerocksilver's picture

You are right. It's not going to be easy, and plans have a way of getting messed up.

Portia

Actually the idiots are using

Brooke Erickson's picture

Actually the idiots are using a quite humane method of execution. Well, it would be if the victims weren't scared out of their minds when placed in the crypt.

One of the warnings for using nitrogen is that if it displaces the oxygen in an area you can walk in, and not notice anything wrong until the folks outside see you collapse.

Our bodies aren't equipped to detect lack of oxygen. What causes the felling of suffocation and drives the breathing reflex is carbon dioxide. So a high CO2 level will make you feel like you are suffocating even if there's plenty of oxygen. And at higher levels it'll do nasty things to your body.

So somebody thrown in the crypt would be panicking and probably screaming or pleading for mercy. Likely pounding uselessly on the door. Then they'd pass out.

If somebody knew about nitrogen, they could just go in there, sit calmly and pass out.

They'd still wind up dead though. :-(

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks