Safe at First Ch. 3

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Danni moves on with his life, as he learns to deal with becoming a woman.

Story:

Safe at First Ch 3

by

Paula Dillon

Danni passed all her classes she was glad that ordeal was over. Studying at home could be such a drag. On top of that was every thing she had to do in recovery from her surgery. After all the tests were over her Mom, Barbra thought it best to spend the summer at Aunt Michelle’s. Mom and Debbie helped Danni learn to be a girl while she was recuperating at home so when she and Debbie went to their Aunt’s home, Danni started living full time as a girl. Mom wouldn’t be able to join them till August.

Aunt Michelle was Mom’s younger sister, Michelle Webster. Danni had always thought she was a real knockout. Michelle was twenty eight and 5’9”, with a very attractive figure. She lived in a real nice house about 1000 miles away in Florida. Michelle had married and become widowed young herself. Her husband Cliff liked hang gliding and such. He had an experimental aircraft that he built himself and crashed it. He left her very well off, but he left her childless also.

Barbra and Michelle have always been close, so they always spend part of the year with her. Her house is a two story, six bedroom home. She has a Jacuzzi, swimming pool, and tennis court, along with other amenities.

Aunt Michelle was very excited to have the kids over for the whole summer. She fawned over the kids when they arrived at the bus station. She ran to meet them when they stepped off the bus.

“Debbie and Danni how are you two? It is so good seeing you,” she said hugging the two kids.

“Hello Aunt Michelle,” they chorused back.

“How are you two?”

“I am doing ok Auntie, I feel better, and I am starting to get stronger now.”

“I know, Sis and I have talked a lot about you Danni. You are looking good too. How are you Debbie?”

“I am doing fab Auntie, glad to get out of school for the summer.”

“Let’s get you two home, and get you settled in. We have so much to do this coming week.”

They made it home, and got their luggage into their rooms. Michelle helped them get their rooms sorted out. She looked Danni over, “Is that all you Danni or is that silicone, dear?”

“They are silicone breast forms Auntie; I have only been on hormones for a month. They have told me that it will be three to six months before I start to see real results.”

“I know it has been hard on you dear, but I am here to help you in any way I can.”

“I know and I appreciate it.”

Michelle and Debbie began teaching Danni more about being a girl. Danni became Aunt Michelle’s pet project. She took her to an upscale salon and Danni got a shoulder length hair weave, coloring and a makeover. She was really thrilled at the leg waxing she received, thrilled enough to want to put knots on Debbie’s head for talking her into it. It left Debbie and Michelle giggling as Danni would groan and screech in pain as strip after strip of hair was pulled off of her legs. The waxing and brow plucking were her most dreaded features of the make over. Overall though the ladies fussing over her made her feel good.

They also took Danni power shopping. She never really understood before how girls could spend hours shopping and come out with just one or two items or sometimes nothing at all, but now she knew. There were so many different things girls wore, and they required others things to be worn as well. All the colors, fabrics and such, she was just amazed. On top of all that were accessories that went with the various outfits, and shoes galore. Danny just had two pair of dress shoes and four pair of sports shoes, but Danni had tons of shoes flats, heels, sandals and trainers.

Danni had to take this all in spurts. Shop for a while rest for a while. She was regaining her strength slowly. She still was not a hundred percent but she could get around ok now. She did a lot of walking and it would still be a little while before she could do more vigorous forms of exercise.

Danni would walk to a park that had six ball fields and would watch them play. It was hard on her, she wished she could be out there with them, but that was no longer likely. In her mind she would critique the play of the fielders, especially the short stops.

Everybody that knows anything about baseball knows that short stop is the hardest position to play defensively. They have a huge area of responsibility from backing up the second and third basemen to covering 2nd and 3rd bases, relaying throws in from center and left fields. Decisions have to be made in split seconds. They not only have to be fast they have to be quick, and they had to have a good arm. They often have to make fast accurate throws off balance to second, first and home. Short stops aren’t expected to be able to hit, but it is nice when they can. Shortstops make many putouts and assists. When they do get on base, their quickness and speed make many of them savage base runners. Their base running can force defensive errors from pitchers, catchers and opposing short stops, increasing the teams scoring potential.

One particular game made her grimace; neither of the shortstops were worth their salt. Making numerous errors and generally not playing well. It got to the point she had to leave; she knew she was better than either of them. Frustrated she wandered away from that field, she had resolved to head on home when action on another field caught her attention. There on a smaller field was a bunch of girls playing fast pitch softball.

The girls were pretty good, and the games were generally low scoring pitchers duels. Danni was amazed at the speed the ball approached home. She saw a man with a radar gun and watched the display. They weren’t particularly fast from fifty to sixty-five miles per hour, but the distance from the mound to the plate was only about forty feet compared to sixty for baseball. Danni did some quick math in her head and realized that the relative speeds would be fifty percent faster for the same reaction times for a baseball. Damn, she thought, these girls are good. As the number of pitches the pitchers threw went up though, their control started faltering and the offense started getting hits. The girls were good in their mechanics playing defense, they didn’t throw like he had always seen girls throw. She definitely wanted to check this out some more.

Danni looked at her watch and saw that she needed to get home so after the game was over she left the park. The sun was down when she got home.

“Where have you been young lady?” Michelle asked.

“At the park Ma’am, watching baseball and softball.”

“Well you need to call me Danni, if you’re going to be this late. I worry about you. Now that you’re a girl Danni, we have to treat you like a girl. You know a lot of bad things can happen to girls. You need to look out for yourself more now.”

“I know, Aunt Michelle. I am sorry for not calling.” Danni said hugging her.

“I‘ll tell you what, I am going to get you and your sister a local cell phone, so you can call me. So how were the games?”

“Some of em were pretty good, others were dismal. I wish I could get back to playing ball. I watched a girls fast pitch softball game, it was pretty good.”

“Well you have blood work to go to tomorrow and a doctor’s appointment in four days, he should clear you for more active exercise, but you know it will be about two months before you will be a hundred percent.”

“I know. It will be good to get back to running and stretching, again soon. At least I am not sore and hurting like I was. I am still a little tight, but I should be able to work that out. Where is Debbie?”

“She is out with some neighbor girls right now. She seems to have made quick friends. That is something you need to do to.”

“I know but it is so different, looking at it from this side now Auntie.”

“I can’t begin to know how you feel darling, but I am here for you.”

Danni hugged her aunt and in a very feminine way gave Michelle a light kiss to her cheek.

Danni changed into a very pretty one piece swimsuit; she tried hard to fit in as a girl. She conceded that she did not have the figure to carry off a bikini but this suit was very feminine. The Jacuzzi had done wonders for her she always felt better afterwards. Debbie, Mom and Michelle had helped her so much. She felt confident picking out outfits and her mannerisms were becoming automatic. She realized that she still had a lot to learn though.

Michelle, who was wearing a very pretty pink bikini, joined Danni in the Jacuzzi. They hugged and wrestled playing before settling down to enjoy the warm jets of water.

“I want to go back to the park tomorrow Aunt Michelle. I also want to get a scorebook and softball rule book. The game is a little different from what I played.”

“Ok sweetie, we will go into town and get those things for you. I might just go to the park with you. I use to be a pretty good softball player when I was in high school and college.”

“About a million years ago?” Danni teased.

“Hey no fair shrimp, I am only about fourteen years older than you.” Michelle kidded back, splashing Danni with water.

The warm water and the massaging jets soothed their bodies and lifted their spirits. All too soon though they had to get out and dry themselves off. They donned soft terry robes and went inside. Michelle put together a light meal for them. Debbie came home as they ate and she joined them in the kitchen. They all chatted about their days. This was one thing Danni was really picking up really well. She and Debbie would talk for hours; she picked up girls inflections, intonations and vocabulary. Girls really do speak another language it seems.

Danni was tired, so she left them to get ready for bed. After showering and shaving her arm pits she looked at herself in a mirror. She frowned as she appraised her figure, no change yet that she could detect. She dressed in a silky sleep shirt and slippers as she took care of her skin. Next she braided her hair. She had to take care of the hair weave till her own grew out long enough, to style. Lastly, she used her dilator before going to bed.

Danni woke early this morning. After taking care of her business, this included: dilating, cleansing her face, brushing her teeth, letting out her braids and brushing her hair out. Slipping her satin kimono robe on and her fuzzy slippers she headed down stairs. Her Mom had long ago taught her children to cook their own breakfast, so she got the ingredients for her favorite omelet out of the fridge and set it on the counter. As Danni prepped the ingredients for a Spanish omelet, Michelle and Debbie showed up so she expanded the recipe for all of them.

After a round of mornings and hugs Danni started cooking. Michelle made coffee and toast, Debbie made some frozen orange juice. In a few minutes everything was ready and breakfast was served. They ate at a relaxed pace and went over their plans for today, agreeing to go shopping together that day.

At about nine that morning they all got ready to go shopping. Danni dressed in a powder blue skort, white tank top, white T-shirt bra and pink tennis socks with a pair of deck shoes, she was feminine but comfortable. Michelle and Debbie were similarly attired in shorts and tanks. Together they went to the mall.

When ever girls come go to the mall for almost anything the first thing they shop for is clothes. They hit several clothing shops and a cell phone kiosk before they came to a sporting good store. Danni found a softball rule book and a couple of score books. She walked by gloves, bats and such. Michelle seeing her there, walked over to her.

“Let’s get a couple of gloves and some balls; we can throw to each other. I don’t see where that would be against the doctor’s orders.”

“How bout you Debbie? We could make it a three way,” Danni commented.

“That’s a wonderful idea Danni. How about it Debbie?”

“I like baseball players, but not playing it. You guys know that.”

“Come on sis, there are a lot of girls that play softball.”

“No, I don’t think so.”

Michelle and Danni picked up a couple of fast pitch softballs, got fitted for softball gloves and rubber cleated shoes. Danni loved the feel and smell of the glove on her hand. They also got a couple of visor caps that were popular with girl’s softball teams.

They shopped some more but Danni’s mind wasn’t into it, she wanted to play ball. After they got home and got their purchase. Debbie and Danni set their phones up to charge. They all headed to the park. They went directly to the girl’s field to watch them play. Danni got out a pencil from her purse and setup to keep score.

The game that was fixing to start was for girls 14-15. Watching the pitchers warming up Danni could tell that this would be a low scoring pitchers duel. Danni hurriedly filled in the score sheet as the players were announced. One team was playing in shorts and the other in baseball pants. Danni thought ‘yuck she would hate to play in those shorts; her legs would get eaten up diving and sliding.’

A pitchers duel, to many people, is a boring game. There isn’t usually a lot of scoring. Danni though was thrilled to watch the girls work. One girl had eleven strikeouts by the end of the fifth inning and the other had nine in a scoreless game.

At the top of the sixth, Danni notice the pitcher in shorts Cindy Sloan was starting to falter. Her pitches, when not in the fat part of the plate, were clearly out of the strike zone. She walked the first batter who became the first player from either team to reach base and hit the second batter. That brought up the other pitcher, Carol Wrigley up to bat. She was tall at about 5’10” and she was stocky for a girl. She had long black hair that came to the middle of her back. Most pitchers as a rule can’t hit very well. They just don’t get enough at bats and for them hitting is not emphasized. The first pitch to her was a duster that put the girl flat on her back. A duster is a pitch designed to move the batter away from the plate and to break the batters confidence. Carol got up, dusted her butt off (hence the name duster) and stepped back up to the plate. The next two pitches cut the edge of the plate for strikes. The next pitch was way off speed and was in the fat part of the plate. Carol swung and drove the ball to deep center. The outfielders had played her shallow, so she got on with a stand up double driving in two runs. Two to zip is how the game ended. Carol the winning pitcher was credited with a no hitter, walking two and striking thirteen out in just seven innings. Danni and Michelle both went up to congratulate Carol after the game and the team meeting. She was awesome.

“Hi Carol, that was a great game you pitched today, my name is Danni and this is my Aunt Michelle.”

“Thank you Danni, I am glad you enjoyed it.”

“It reminded me of my college days,” Michelle said.

“You played for which college?” Carol asked.

“Florida State, I was on a half scholarship.”

“I never knew that Aunt Michelle.” Danni said.

“Sure I played first base, for the Seminoles.”

“Not you too, Michelle,” Debbie added.

“That is my sister Debbie, Carol.”

“Hi Debbie, it’s nice meeting you. Well I have to go folks, hope to see you at more of our games, ya’ll take it easy.”

“Bye,” they all chimed in.

At home Michelle and Danni broke out the gloves and started just tossing the ball back and forth. It took some getting use to throwing the bigger softball around but Danni managed to handle it well. Danni was very impressed though with Aunt Michelle, she didn’t throw like a girl at all.

Danni started going to watch the girls play everyday. She started making friends around the field. She found herself accepted by the girls and their families, and her knowledge of play gave her plenty to talk about with them.

Angela, one of the player’s five year old sister asked her, “If you know so much about the game, why aren’t you playing?”

“I would love to Angela, but I am recovering from major surgery and the Doctor won’t let me yet.”

“What kinda of surgery?”

Danni blushed at the girls question, she didn’t want to lie to the kid, but she just couldn’t tell the truth, “Female surgery, Angela.” At least that wasn’t a big lie.

Angela’s mom overhearing the conversation reigned in her daughter, to prevent further embarrassment, and gave Danni a knowing look.

“Hi Danni, I am Heather Jenkins, I am Angela’s and Kimberly’s mom, the Kimberly that is playing right field. Do you live around here or are you just visiting. You accent says you might be from Texas.”

“Yes Ma’am, I am from Texas. My sister, Debbie and I are visiting my Aunt, Michelle Webster.”

“I know Michelle; she is such a dear person. So are you here for just the summer?”

“I am not sure, my Mom and Aunt are talking about me going to school here in Florida and Debbie going back to Texas to finish her last year there. We all might move here when Debbie graduates.”

“That is wonderful, we have some great schools here and I am sure you would get along fine. How old are you?”

“I am fourteen now, but I will be fifteen in August.”

“After the game you must come with us. You’ll get to meet a lot of the girls you will be going to school with.”

“I need to check with Aunt Michelle first, she nearly blew a fuse the last time I stayed out late and didn’t call.”

“And so she should have Danni. You need to be careful girl, and you shouldn’t give your Aunt cause to worry.”

Danni called Aunt Michelle and asked if it would be alright to go with Heather and the girls. Michelle was delighted for Danni, and yes she knew Heather Jenkins. They were good people, she said and it would be good for Danni. She asked Danni to hand the phone to Heather. Heather talked to her Aunt for about five minutes, before ringing off.

“Danni,” Heather said, “You are in my care till I get you home dear.”

“Thank you Ma’am, I appreciate it.”

“Good, let finish watching this game.”

Danni, who had not missed a pitch, started giving Angela a play by play commentary on the game. Angela hung on every word that Danni said. She sat very close to Danni and watched as she made notes and marks on the score sheet as the game went on. Danni loved talking to her about the game; even before her accident she loved kids. Heather just had a big grin on her face as she watched on.

After the game and team meeting on the field the girls left the playing field. Angela ran up to and jumped into the arms of Kimberly, giving her a huge hug. Danni and Heather came over to them.

“Kimmie this is my friend Danni. She is here from Texas with her sister. She know lots bout softball, but she can’t play now cause she had girl surgery, she is coming with us cause her Aunt said she could and she is gonna go to school with you.” Angela said in one breath, her mouth going ninety miles an hour.

Everybody’s head was spinning as Angela was talking.

“Hello Danni, I am Kimberly, please call me Kimmie though. I see you made an impression on my little sis. She is not usually this open.”

“Ok Kimmie, your sister is so sweet and adorable.”

“I see she has you fooled, she can be such a devil at times. So you play softball too?”

“Sorta, I am not doing much of anything right now. I have to be cleared by my doctor tomorrow, I hope, before I can do anything. Ya’ll played a pretty good game today.”

“Thank you. It was a good game. You’ll get to meet the team we are going to a local pizza palace to eat. Let’s go.” Kimberly said as she carried Angela.

They headed to the family SUV. Angela giving a blow by blow account of the game as Danni had explained it to her, to Kimberly. Inside the SUV, Kimmie asked Angela not to say anything about Danni’s surgery; she said that everybody doesn’t need to know about that sort of thing. Angela promised that she wouldn’t tell anybody else.

“Sorry Danni, kids can be so precocious at times. So how are you recovering?” Kimmie asked.

“I am doing well, it has been six weeks, but it will be a while before I get back to where I was physically.”

“It’s good you are doing better, so you are going to start school here, where do you live in town.”

“She lives with Michelle Webster, Kimmie. She’ll be going to your school dear.” Heather added.

“That‘s fabulous, you’ll like all the girls there. They aren’t as cliquish as some of the schools. I am sure you’ll get along fine.”

Further conversation was cut off as they arrived at Olde Italy’s pizzeria. Kimberly introduced Danni to all the players and the coaches there. She found herself immediately accepted by the group. They then talked about softball, boys, school, boys, clothes and boys. Danni fit right in, she was comfortable with these girls. She didn’t talk about her playing much but she showed had a wealth of knowledge.

After they finished eating a few of the girls headed to the ladies room. Danni had needed to go and felt good going with her new friends. She fixed her lipstick afterwards and met up with her group as they were ready to leave. Heather took them to their home and showed her around. This was a somewhat affluent part of town apparently. Heather’s home was almost as nice as Michelle’s. Kimmie and Danni talked some more in Kimmie’s room. All too soon though, it came time for her to leave. Kimmie hugged her and Angela made sure she got a hug before Danni left to go home. The girls exchanged home and cell phone numbers. Heather found she really liked this girl.

The next morning Danni wanted to show the doctors how well she had adapted. She dressed in a mint green bra and panty set, a forrest green mid thigh twill skirt and jacket, a white silk blouse, camisole, tan pantyhose, with black three inch pumps. She was very careful with her makeup going for a more mature look. Pearl drop earrings, bangles and her nice watch. She brushed out her hair and then touched up her makeup before loading her purse and heading downstairs for breakfast. Michelle whistled at her as she came to the breakfast table.

“Are you going to a business meeting or to a doctor’s office? You look gorgeous girl, like a very smartly dressed lawyer. Let me go get my pearl necklace dear it will go just right with that outfit.” Michelle said.

“Thank you Auntie, I just wanted to show the doctors how well I have adapted. You really think I look good?”

“They don’t come much better looking than you are right now.”

“Danni you are incredible, I am proud to have a sister as good looking as you are.” Debbie added hugging Danni.

Returning Michelle attached a single strand pearl necklace around Danni’s throat.

They all had appointments today, Michelle, Debbie and Danni would meet with a psychiatrist separately, and Danni also had to meet with an OB/GYN who would check her surgery and hormone treatment.

Truth be told Debbie needed the psych visit more than Danni. She had blamed herself for Danni’s injuries. It was an unrealistic view, as her actions had actually saved his life, but they were the issues that she had to work through. She felt bad because that she had complained about going to his games and having to walk home with him. All of it was unrealistic but none the less, a pain in her heart. Seeing how well Danni adapted though helped her in so many ways. She admitted that she had always wanted a little sister.

While Danni wasn’t really a hundred percent in the head department, she was well on her way. The psych complimented her on her appearance. She gave Danni goals and thresholds for her to obtain. They also delved deeply into the incident, her feelings and hopes. She was very excited to hear about the friends that Danni made. Danni still had to work through the feelings she had inside her, but it was becoming easier.

Michelle was given help to facilitate the two’s recovery. She was there to help keep the kids focused and headed in the right direction. She too had issues but they were minor, very minor.

Barbra back home was probably the worst off, she hid things too well. Doctor Stephanie Thompson knew this all too well and wasn’t about to let her get away, so she kept digging. Being alone both helped and hurt Barbra; she was glad the kids couldn’t see her anger but missed their presence dearly. She hated the boys that had caused this incident. She couldn’t fathom how Danni could just let it go so easily. She felt sorry for Gina, but still blamed her as well for the loss of her son. Stephanie pointed out that she hadn’t really lost her son, he was still there. He was just her daughter now.

The prognosis for the Crane’s and the Webster’s was definitely positive at this point.

Danni then met with the OB/GYN. He examined Danni from head to toe, paying particular attention to the areas involved in her surgery. He checked her blood work results. He had ordered a comprehensive panel including hormone levels. He pronounced her fit, gave her two hormone shots and adjusted her hormone pills a little, and cleared her for more vigorous exercise, warning her that if it hurts don’t do it, but if it is just uncomfortable to ease into it. He told her to warm up a lot and stretch carefully before exercising. He did refer her for four visits to a Physical Therapist to work out an exercise regimen. He set up another appointment for two months. On the way out they stopped by the PT’s office to setup an appointment in two days.

They had lunch at a very exclusive restaurant to celebrate Danni’s clean bill of health. Danni was quite happy and it showed in her walk. She had a very feminine swagger, not overboard or campy but classy.

They enjoyed themselves immensely. They were three girls out to have a good time. They turned eyes everywhere they went. Michelle and Debbie even talked Danni into a bikini. Too late Danni found out that that meant a bikini wax. She pledged to get even with them both. At least the top covered her up enough so she didn’t show her breast forms but it still looked stylish.

At home Danni changed into a pale yellow skort and a powder blue T. Danni loved skorts, they helped ease her into skirts and she didn’t have to worry about flashing her panties. She met Debbie and they went on a long walk together. Debbie and Danni used this time to open up to each other, and the exercise was good for the both of them. They talked about some of the things the psych talked to them about and worked on their issues together. Debbie felt better about things after talking to Danni and hugged her.

Back home, Danni went to the living room. She was by herself so she took off her skort and started stretching her groin area out. She could get two thirds into Chinese and American splits. That was good but she was use to going down to the floor. Sitting on the floor she spread her legs and stretched out her back; putting her head to both knees. She got dressed hurriedly when she herd the door bell.

Aunt Michelle had answered the door. Danni heard Heather’s and Angela’s voices in greeting, so she headed to the door.

“Danni, Danni there’s my Danni,” Angela said running to her and jumping into her arms.

Danni grimaced as if expecting it to hurt as Angela impacted her. To her relief it didn’t.

There was a sigh of relief from the three older girls there as Danni smiled and hugged Angela.

“Danni do you want to come to one of our practices today, Angela wouldn’t get quiet till I came by here.” Heather said.

“It’s fine by me,” Michelle said.

“Sure let me change shoes and get my visor.”

“Ok, we’ll wait for you.”

Danni ran upstairs and changed to her cleats, touched up her makeup, put her visor on, got her purse and cell phone.

Angela latched on to Danni when she got back downstairs. Kimberly greeted her in the SUV and the girls talked as Heather drove. The practice field was like any of the thousands of fields across the country. The girls got out of the SUV and Kimberly ran to where the team was meeting. Danni picked up Angela and carried her to where the families gathered while the kids practiced.

The girls broke up into groups; fielders off to the outfield began taking flies, the pitchers were off to the side loosening their arms and the infielders were at their bases taking grounders and making throws. Danni explained what was going on to Angela as they looked about. Danni got to talking to another of the families there and Angela wandered off. She passed through the open gate and stood on the first base sidelines.

Danni looked over there and saw her standing there and went to get her. As she got near she looked towards home as the coach hit a screaming line drive that got past the first baseman and was headed towards Angela. Without thinking Danni took a quick step and dove for the ball catching it barehanded, a foot away from Angela’s head. She tucked her right shoulder down rolled, came up on her feet, stepped towards home and fired a bullet to the catcher about 90 feet away. The catcher caught it but everyone was watching Danni. She didn’t notice all the attention she was getting because she was shaking her right hand which stung like hell. She took Angela’s hand and turned but she was swamped by people.

Danni found herself in a bear hug, Heather had her in arms wrapped around Danni, half crying.

“Thank you Danni, you saved my little angel from getting hurt.”

She was being patted on the shoulder and the butt by the players, as they congratulated her catch.

“It was nothing folks, it was just a reflex, please go back to practice,” Danni pleaded.

She was starting to get scared, at this point. One of the coaches, Amy Johnson, looked at her right hand and felt all over it. Her palm looked red and angry. She led Danni to the bench and sat her down.

“Bet it hurts like hell,” she said.

“It stings more than anything else right now, but yes it hurts.” Danni said tears falling.

The coach sprayed the hand with freeze spray, “That was one hell of a catch you made there Danni.” She said checking the hand.

“Just don’t tell my doctor, Amy. I was just cleared for exercise today. I don’t think he had diving for line drives in mind when he cleared me.”

“What position did you play, Danni?”

“Huh, excuse me?”

“You heard me, what position did you play?”

“Short.”

“I kinda figured it. It had to be first or short the way you made the move to your right like that, and no first baseman needs to make a throw like that. Why the doctor?”

“I am recovering from major surgery.”

“Well the hand may be sore for a few days, but I don’t think you broke anything, but a couple of nails. Ice it when you get home. What kind of surgery?”

Danni blushed and said nothing.

“Ok, I think I understand. Let me know when you can do more.”

Danni made her way to the bleachers, and found Angela there. Heather had one of her hands in hers. Danni sat on Angela’s right and held the other hand.

“You ok, Danni?” Heather asked.

“Yes Ma’am, my hand stung a bit, but it is numb right now. I am sorry about losing track of Angela.”

“Honey don’t worry about that, I am just so glad that you stopped that ball. She could have been really hurt back there. Angela wanders on to the field occasionally. She wants to be out there with her big sis, right Angela?”

“Yes Mommy, I wants to be jus like Kimmie, and Danni is my friend.”

“Yes Angela, she is your friend.”

“Danni I am sorry, you got hurt cause of me,” Angela said hugging Danni as tightly as she could.

Danni felt proud that she had been able to help her. Danni’s emotions got the better of her and tears started flowing from her eyes.

After practice was over Heather and company headed to Michelle’s home. They all escorted Danni to the door, which she opened and they all entered. Michelle heard them enter and came to investigate. When she saw Danni carrying her hand oddly and the grass stains all over her blouse and skort, she exclaimed, “What happened?”

Heather told Michelle the whole story as they headed for the kitchen to get some ice in a towel, as Danni led Kimberly and Angela into the living room. Michelle put a towel on Danni’s lap and ice in a baggie wrapped in a towel in her right hand.

The door bell wrung and more teammates showed up and within ten minutes the whole team and many of their parents had filed into the house. Pizzas and drinks were ordered. They were all talking about what they had seen Danni do. Those who had seen what happened told the story to those who didn’t see, and blah, blah, blah. The kids were in the living room and the adults in the kitchen. Throughout the evening Angela held on to Danni. It was apparent that the whole team and Angela had adopted her.

When Debbie came in she had a perplexed look on her face at all the people moving about inside their home. Kimberly found her wandering about, latched on to her and told her what had happened. As it got late the girls got together and cleaned up after themselves, the adults followed suit. The first floor and all the bathrooms were actually cleaner than when they arrived. Heather pried a sleeping Angela away from Danni and carried her to their SUV.

“Well that was interesting Danni,” Michelle said. “When are you going to don your cape, red and blue undies and fly around the room?” She asked giggling.

“When you make friends Danni, you go whole hog,” Debbie added.

“I don’t understand it,” Danni said, “It wasn’t such a big deal, cept I ruined my skort and my blouse. I’ll never be able to get the grass stains out.”

“You try to convince a mother, whose child you kept from getting hurt that it wasn’t a big deal. It will never happen. To heck with your blouse and skort, they can and will be replaced. A healthy and happy Angela can’t be replaced. I am proud of you Danni; I heard it was a great catch, and an even better throw home. Coach Amy was quite impressed with you too.”

“I’ll never be able to play with them Auntie, I will just have to settle with being a coach or manager.” Danni cried.

“I don’t see why not dear, you are a girl now.”

“Not really, I am just a pretend girl.”

“Don’t ever say that again Danni, you may not have been born a girl, but you are as much a girl in your heart as Debbie or I am. We all love you Danni, I know your Mom does too.”

Danni cried as her sister and aunt hugged her, she seemed to cry a lot more lately. It was like a pressure relief valve to her. She seemed to feel better after a good cry.

The next morning, Danni woke a little cranky, her chest itched, she couldn’t reach the itch because of the breast forms, and she was a little sick in her stomach. She knew it was because of the hormones. The Doc had told her that she might get that way, but it still didn’t make it any easier to take. Her right hand hurt some and it was a little hard to open and close, but that was to be expected.

Danni gave up trying to put her makeup on with her right hand, and it was worse doing it with her left. Just getting dressed had been an ordeal, especially the bra. She just cleaned the makeup off and went to her sister’s room. Debbie was just getting up herself, she opened her door as Danni knocked, smiled and hugged her, when she saw her.

“Debbie my hand is a little stiff, and I can’t put my make up on can you help me?”

“Sure Danni just let me get my own on.” She led Danni over to her vanity and had her sit next to her as Debbie worked on her own face.

She put on just a trace of makeup; neither of them needed very much, just a little mascara, a touch of powder, blush and lipstick. Debbie had taught Danni very well how to use makeup back home. That had been a fun time for both of them. After that they were both made up they went downstairs. Michelle was on the phone talking. So they made their own breakfast, or at least Debbie made breakfast. Danni felt sicker at the smell of food. She rushed into the downstairs bathroom.

Debbie was confused but Michelle, who had seen everything put her hand over the phone and whispered “Morning Sickness” to her. Michelle hung up the telephone, and explained to Debbie. “Until Danni’s body gets use to the hormones she might suffer from morning sickness from time to time and when ever they change her dosage she could be sick. She mustn’t show this to other girls they might think she is pregnant. By the way we have just been invited to a barbecue after the softball game Friday afternoon. She is crying a lot more too lately, have you noticed?”

“She sure has, Danny use to never cry.”

“That too, is hormonal Debbie.”

“Danni’s skin is getting nicer; I helped her with her makeup today. Her pores are finer, she is softer and smoother. I just love that Michelle, she is taking better care of her skin too.”

Danni came into the room. Michelle got her to try some toast; she managed to keep it down barely.

“I know you feel horrible now Danni, but it will get better. It is your hormones doing it Danni.” Michelle said.

“Yes Doc told me this might happen; it was probably those shots I got yesterday. My tits are itching and I can’t get to them to scratch em under the breast forms.”

Michelle sympathized with Danni, she knew what he was going through, “Yes Danni, we know what you mean about itching; it is good you can’t scratch them, it wouldn’t do any good anyway. How is your hand by the way?”

“Sore, but I will live.”

Debbie and Danni grew closer together than they ever were before; they got together and went out for a morning walk. Debbie taught her all sorts of things she needed to know, especially how girls and guys interact. They tried to do things together everyday. Danni liked being with Debbie and Aunt Michelle.

Danni joined the team at practices and games now. Amy got her into helping the team. She assisted the coach, at workouts and took care of all the equipment. She became a favorite of the players, always encouraging them. When they weren’t on the field Angela could be found at her side. She loved going to their games and watching.

Away from the field, her new girlfriends would go shopping, trolling the malls, and going out to eat. She went to their houses and they came over to hers. Aunt Michelle’s swimming pool and Jacuzzi were popular sites for the girls. Michelle would invite the team over for sleepovers. They always treated Danni with respect.

The parents loved Danni too, on top of her relationship with Angela, she baby sat many of their children she seemed to have a way with even the most difficult kids.

Danni started working out more and her fitness was approaching her previous levels. She got a new bike and rode it during the day and she would swim on days her friends weren’t playing or practicing. As she worked out it was easy to see she had lost some strength, but she was as quick and fast as she had been. The PT gave her some upper body exercises to strengthen her, they her helped a lot. The coach asked her when she could start playing again, but she deftly avoided that question.

Danni was a little frightened but decided to be open with the coach. She invited her home and asked her to come by herself for a talk. Danni got some news clippings and things ready. Michelle joined Amy and Danni in the sitting room as they talked.

“I know you are wondering why I am not going to play Coach Amy. Please don’t tell anyone what I am telling you, but I owe you an explanation about it. You see I wasn’t born a girl. I sustained an injury back home and as a result of the injuries I was basically castrated.”

Danni gave Amy some news clippings from the paper for her to read. She read them without comment till she finished. “your not one of the three boys were you?”

“No I was the boy who rescued the girl being attacked, The boys who attacked the girl, have all plead guilty to sexual assault and are serving their sentences in prison after they are released from the hospital.”

“In the hospital, what happened to them?”

“I happened to them. There were three boys, two seventeen and an eighteen year old; I took out a knee, hit one in the crotch, and shattered a rib cage, with my bat.”

“What happened to you Danni?”

“I went to help the girl who was attacked and took a stiletto heel to the crotch four times. I nearly died from blood loss but they saved me. They just couldn’t save my boy parts. After we talked to the doctors we decided it would easier for me to become a girl. Back home I use to play short stop for my high school baseball team Amy. I was pretty good at it too.”

“I bet you were good. So Danni are you on hormones now, since you don’t have any boy parts left?”

“Yes Ma’am, I have been on estrogen and other hormones for close to two months now. I am going to go to school here so I can be a girl full time. It would have been too hard to continue school back home as a girl.”

“So why can’t you play softball?”

“I am not a girl coach Amy.”

“As far as I am concerned you are. I will check district rules, but if you live as a girl, you look like a girl and you certainly act like a girl; to me you are a girl. I would never have guessed otherwise. You are a little bit of a tom boy, but you act feminine enough. I also coach the girls high school team Danni and unless I find out otherwise I want you on my team. You can work with the team though and practice with us. No need telling anybody else on the team either.”

Danni started working out with the team in late July. She took fielding and batting practice. She was a little rusty and the bigger ball took some getting use to. Batting gave her the biggest problem as she got use to the speed the balls approached home; she was fouling off more balls.

Danni and Aunt Michelle visited the school she would go to. Coach Amy met them there and took them to the Vice principle Myra Kingston’s office. They sat and talked for a couple of hours. Danni told her the reason for her transfer, not wanting to hide anything. Danni’s new legal identification had come in from Michelle’s attorney, along with Michelle’s legal guardianship, so Danni was officially registered as a girl for the fall.

Much to Danni’s dismay, the Vice Principle requested that Danni start as a freshman, instead of a sophomore. She said it would help Danni’s socialization to start as a freshman. She also told Danni that without any prohibiting medical condition she would be expected to take all the courses any other girl would take. That would mean taking PE or other substitute courses. She stated there would be no mention of my previous status as a boy: or even any documentation of that fact in official school records. As far as anybody is concerned Danni is and always has been a girl.

Ms. Kingston and Coach Amy asked Danni a few questions and started working on her schedule of classes for the fall. They helped Danni choose her math, history, English, science, music, home EC and PE. Danni cringed at home EC but they convinced her that it would help her get along with the other girls. They hand picked her teachers getting her into classes with the better teachers.

With school registration taken care of, Danni was informed that this school requires uniforms. They were given a list of vendors and their locations. Girls could wear selected Polo shirts, blouses, skirts, jumpers or slacks, in school colors, plus white, khaki, navy or black. No shorts except in PE and skirts no shorter than three inches above the floor when kneeling. There was no room for individuality but they strove for decency and civility. For the legs, knee socks, or pantyhose and tights, no fishnet stockings allowed. The allowed shoes trainers solid white or black colored piping allowed as long as it is not extreme, oxfords, Mary Jane’s as long as no heels over two inches, no sandals. Girls are allowed makeup as long as it isn’t extreme.

Aunt Michelle and Danni went out and got a good selection of the allowed items. Debbie giggled when she saw what was allowed, the school she would be finishing at wasn’t as restrictive in dress.

Debbie and Danni were excited to hear that their Mom would be arriving for three weeks vacation. Michelle took both kids to the beauty parlor and shopping to get them ready for her arrival.

to be continued

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Safe at First Ch. 3

Danni is doing very well, but what about his mother and Gina? And the attackers? Are they in with the regular prisoners, or off in the special section due to injuries?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Chapter 2.5

I greatly enjoyed this story and look forward to the next chapter.

I did however have one minor comment.

At the end of Chapter 2 it was a possibility that Danny would become a girl. Yet Chapter 3 starts with Danni being (or becoming) a girl.

A lot of the story (chapter 2.5 as I called it) seems to be missing.

Why was it decided that Danny would become a girl and how did Danny take it?

Gerri

re: Chapter 2.5

Hi Gerri,

Danny had sex-change due to genital damage in Chapter 1 but Danny's mother was unsure if Danny would live as a boy or girl. Towards the end of chapter 2 we found that Danny had previously experimented with girls clothes and won't mind living as a girl. Hence why Danny thinks as Danni in part 3.

Well that's how I read it, but I'm not the authoress and Paula probably will give a better answer than me.

Hugs

Karen

Zinger !

Paula D you have hit another winner. Don't keep us waiting for the next episode.

Holiday speeches flowing with a wet finger.
HUGS,
Sir Earle

Holiday speeches flowing with a wet finger.
HUGS,
Sir Earle

Safe at First 3

Paula,

Danny appear to be fitting in quite well at Danni. Has friends and saved a live. Not a bad start to living with her aunt.

I look forward to more

Hugs

Karen

Where is ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... the real chapter 3? Sorry, Paula, I really really enjoyed parts 1 and 2, found them fresh, exciting, and full of promise for what was to come. But this chapter seemed so bland, although well written, and I did enjoy the baseball background. If anything, it seems to me this chapter should have been chapter 4. At the end of 2 we still have Dan, just in a brand new female body, we don't know what the city/police/courts will do about his actions and those of the rapists, and Gina seems a probable suicide atempter. All the drama of those things is skipped over and we start out 3 with Danni already (seemingly) committed 100% to being a girl, only a brief mention of the rapists, and no real mention of Gina at all, and virtually everyone who knows about her being supportive.

When I saw part 3 posted, I was excited. I was pretty sure, given your set up of prior TG, that Dan would choose to become a girl, but I didn't expect it to be angst free and I was looking forward to reading about that. I really expected Gina to play a large part in the story as it seemed so logical that they could help each other, and I expected some difficulties with the legal situation because of intolerance and bigotry. If there were anythings like that, they all got skipped over. It was like watching Dorothy stepping out of the crashed house in OZ, and then seeing a happy Dorothy awake back in the house in kansas again, but seeing none of the travel down the yellow (in the case of this story it would be pink) brick road.

It also seemed as if , as the chapter went on, things were speeding along faster and faster and details were grtting lost. I really liked the saving Angela scene for example, but thought a lot more could be done with it to raise the drama level, such as a reporter catching it and deciding to dig into it and finding out about Danni's past.

I am probably overreacting. Since "to be continued" is at the end, of this chapter, I am looking forward to part 4 to see if , as often happens, I feel like a fool for having made these comments before the story is complete.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Chapter 2.5 ?

Actually (I really love that word) after reading both Chapter 3 and some of the comments from others I agree a Chapter 2.5 would really (I also like that word) help the story line progression.

Regardless, it is well written and some of the comments would make it that much better. Of course that what "constuctive" comments are for.

Huggs,

great and classy story

I read the first installment about how Danny was injured and it was decided that he should become a she named Danni. This next episode is tasteful, flows well, and held my attention till I finished it. You definitely need to publish it when you are finished. I can't wait for the next installment. Keep up the good work. We need more stories like this for all ages. Transgendered fiction can be entertaining with having to be so concerned with the other storylines.

LoriMichelleOkc