Becoming Annabelle Lee Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

Dawn rushes to the bathroom as soon as they walk into the store. Annabelle had an amusing smile on her face as she goes about opening the store. She knew Dawn was pregnant and the doctor appointment they had two days ago had proven her right. Dawn was six weeks pregnant and had morning sickness. Annabelle grabs a ginger ale out of the soda cooler and rings it up on the cash register. She pulls two dollars out of her pants pocket and pays for the soda. She knew Dawn would want it when she got back from puking.

Sam had called her last night to informed her a custom door order was coming this morning. The customer had paid the money to have the doors shipped overnight from Montana. Annabelle logs onto the shippers’ website to check the progress of the order and notice it was out for delivery this morning. Annabelle checks the deposit from last night and the records and everything looked good.

Annabelle starts making coffee as Dawn comes out of her office.

“It’s on the counter.” Annabelle had an I told you so smile plastered on her face.

Dawn grabs the ginger ale and takes swig of her ginger ale as Annabelle prepares her coffee cup.

“You don’t need to look so pleased. It’s your fault.”

“I never forced you to do anything. You did it all on your own. I just followed your lead.”

Annabelle just smiles as she pours the coffee into her cup. Doctor Kilpatrick had informed Dawn she couldn’t have any caffeine or alcohol along with a list of items she needed to start doing. Annabelle made sure she was taking her prenatal vitamins for the baby.

Dawn just heads into her office and let Annabelle run the front of the store.

Annabelle just smile as she goes about checking the shelves and helping customers that came in. No customers were in the store and Dawn was still in the office. Annabelle figures she’ll kill some time dusting some of the top shelves of their merchandise.

Zachary was high as a kite when he walked into the hardware store. His girlfriend has been nagging him to fix things around their place. Just before he left the house, he had snorted some cocaine to help his temper and give him a buzz. He looks around the hardware store and notice the cute blonde on a step-ladder. He stares at her cute ass as he moves around the store.

Annabelle had heard the bell over the door ring when someone came in. She had glanced over to see who it was and notice it was the guy she had gone to school.

“Can I help you find anything?” Annabelle kept watching him as he walked down an aisle.

“No, I’m fine.”

“Okay, let me know if you need help.” Annabelle noticed that Zachary had slurred his words.

Annabelle goes back to want she was doing, not paying Zachary any mind. Recently they had upgrade the security of their products by adding security tags. So, if someone tries to leave the store an alarm will ring.

After ten minutes, Annabelle feels some one’s hands squeezing her ass. She turns around and right in front of her is Zachary with hands still in the air.

“Please keep your hands to yourself, Zachary.”

“Oh, come on baby. You know you were enjoying it.” He steps up on the step ladder Annabelle was on.

“Zachary, I’m warning you. If don’t stop harassing me. I’m going to call the police.” Annabelle pulls her cellphone out of her back pocket.

Zachary lunges forward and pins Annabelle against the metal steps, which dug into her back.

“GET OFF ME!” Annabelle was trying to get her legs under Zachary.

He had her arms pinned by her side and was laying on her legs pinning them against the metal steps.

Zachary presses himself against her and starts trying to kiss.

Annabelle tries headbutting him, but that was a mistake, because his head was harder than hers. When her head came back from hitting his.
She knocks her head against the edge of the top steps.

“HELP!”

Derick had just walked into the store to tell Dawn he would be free to work this weekend, when he hears Annabelle call for help. He looks over where her voice came from and notices a guy forcing himself on her. He had her pinned on her back on the wheeled step-ladder. Just as he was moving to help Annabelle. He spots Dawn coming out of the office.

Dawn was working on bills and the new work schedule when she heard Annabelle scream for help. She had opened the office door and saw
Derick racing over to help Annabelle. There was some guy pinning Annabelle to the step-ladder on her back.

Derick grabs the guy from on top of Annabelle and tosses him backwards towards the counter. He moves so he is between Annabelle and Zachary.

Zachary grind his hips against Annabelle’s body. He was still trying to kiss him. The next thing he knew, he was flying backwards off Annabelle and hitting his back against the front counter. As he snares as he looks towards a well-built young man standing between him and Annabelle.

He lunges towards Derick.

Derick grabs him in a headlock and then puts Zachary into a full nelson hold. Derick had done some wrestling when he went school with his friends, but never got a chance to wrestle for the school.

Dawn was calling the police and the paramedics to come to the store. She watched as Derick held Zachary in a full nelson. He had developed some muscles since working for Freddy.

Annabelle tries to sit-up, put falls backward against the steps. She had hit her head against the edge of the metal steps hard after she tried to butt heads with Zachary.

Zachary kept trying to escape Derick’s full nelson, but he couldn’t overpower the young man. After five minutes, the police show up and take control of Zachary. They had to put their cuffs on with Derrick’s help. The paramedics check Annabelle’s head and told her she was going to need a few stitches to close the gash she had.

“I’ll call Sam and have him come up to the store.” Dawn starts dialing Sam’s number after giving her statement.

Derick walks with Annabelle out to the ambulance.

Annabelle looks at him “my hero.”

“No, your mine Annabelle. You believed in me. I owe you for that.” He places a kiss on her cheek.

Annabelle squeezes his hand as the paramedics put her in the ambulance.

Derick walks back into the store and uses the store phone to call Freddy and tell him he can’t come because of what happened today. Freddy tells him that it was alright and will see him tomorrow.

“Dawn, I’m clocking in to cover Annabelle’s shift.”

“You don’t have too Derick, Sam’s coming.”

“I know, but you’ll be leaving to get Annabelle and Sam will be here by himself, till Noah comes in at one o’clock. I already called Freddy and told him I’ll be helping you after what happened.” He had a smile on his face as he looks at Dawn.

“Annabelle was right about you. Alright, go ahead and clock-in and work Annabelle’s shift. Here, lunch is on the shop today for you.”

Dawn walks over and hands him a twenty and gives him a hug as well.

“Thank you, Derick.”

“I couldn’t let my guardian Angel get hurt.”

Derick hugs Dawn back and goes in the back of the store to get the cleaning supplies to clean up the mess from the fight and some of the blood that had dripped from Annabelle's head.

Once Sam shows up. Dawn pulls him aside and tells him that if Derick wants anything, to let him have it.

Sam just smiles and nods his head to her request. Dawn had informed him what happened when she called him in. He watches as she runs out to the SUV and head towards the hospital.

up
271 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like

They have their story security already on the job.

Wasted air

Jamie Lee's picture

Zachary is another one that air is wasted on. A do nothing, drug user who has no care but for himself, got exactly what he deserved. But will it be enough to put him away for several years? Enough to keep Annabelle safe from his grimy hands?

Others have feelings too.

Re: Wasted air

Guys like Zachary seem to think that anything that means "no" is just the other person playing hard to get.

Hopefully he ends up getting some time in prison for attempted sexual assault, attempted rape, assault, etc.

How much time he gets would depend on the judge hearing the case and how hard the prosecutors push it.