Doctor's Log 3 "The dark huggle"

Printer-friendly version

Doctor’s log 3: “The anti-huggle”

Excerpt from the personal logs of Doctor Dorothy “Dottie” Bellion

Stardate: Classified.

I belong to the best crew in Starfleet.

I knew that, but in case I needed to be reminded, they proved themselves again.

It all started with why I invented the huggle generator in the first place. See, I suffered some ... traumatic experiences young, and one of the few things that helped me process that was the unwavering support of our family dog.

So as I grew up, I began trying to figure out a way to replicate that feeling once the dog had passed away.

Eventually, I joined Starfleet Medical, and became one of the top doctors on board our ship, but I continued working on my ideas every chance I could.

And I got a lucky, because my captain not only authorized me to work on my project, she gave me access to people from every department on the ship who might be able to contribute suggestions.

And so the huggle generator was born.

Then, a couple of days ago, I was reviewing information sent from Starfleet on trauma, and became badly triggered. So I went to the huggle generator to prescribe myself a huggle.

But something went terribly wrong.

Somehow, a psychic link developed between me and the huggle, and it became saturated with my trauma.

It became ... a dark huggle.

I’m sorry to say, I panicked.

But the crew of the Jorgensen came to my aid. They successfully captured the dark huggle before it could escape the med bay, and found a way to drain it of all darkness.

I was deeply embarrassed, and expected the captain to chew me out, but she was more concerned with my recovery from my flashback than anything else.

So as I said, I belong to the best crew in Starfleet, and am damn lucky to be here.

End

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hugs are good!

WillowD's picture

Reading this story is like getting a good hug.

Silly + kinda scary at the same time

laika's picture

And for some reason it reminded me of an incident at a retail job a long time ago, a co-worker wanting to hug me because we hadn't seen each other since the last shift and we were like each other's favorite person there, always laughing. But then this manager who was one of those twitchy types with a moustache who nobody really likes (I think everybody knows a manager like that) came up and ask. "Where's my hug?"

And Melanie was taken aback for a second, didn't know what to say to that, but I did. I threw my arms open gushed, "Awwwww! Come here, you big lug!" But of course he didn't want to hug me, he just wanted to cop a feel off of cute little Melanie, which definitely would have been one variety of dark huggle; turning something warm and pure into its opposite.

And if you don't have any you should definitely get some dogs and cats for your ship, like Spot, or Porthos; and those four armed Andromedan huggle-monkeys are really sweet too.
~Laika out.

But no tribbles

Podracer's picture

definitely no tribbles. I don't care if they're furry and purry.

"Reach for the sun."

they are nothing but trouble!

they are nothing but trouble!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime