Snow Angel Part 12

Printer-friendly version

Anika looks at everyone assembled around the conference table. Shigeko had gotten her a fresh set of clothes to change into and freshened up in the ladies’ restroom. While she had been freshening up. She had placed a call to a detective friend of hers in the New York Police Department to secure the location Morgana and her partner had located. She sent Morgana, her partner and the two security officers assigned to her team to that location to see what they could recover.

Elizabeth had a lot of explaining to do to her wife. When she asked her to stay at the Marriott hotel near her work. She also asked her not to drive her car till she and a friend of hers got a chance to look at it. She didn’t want to scare her wife, but she wanted to know why she couldn’t use her car. Once Elizabeth told her that someone had rigged her car with an explosive. Her wife did what Elizabeth said.

Aylin was wondering why they had come here after torturing Frankie. He had told them everything after she had shocked him twice. She had wanted to continue, but Elizabeth wouldn’t let her. She was enjoying the shock therapy she was administering to Frankie. The reason he and his men had been sent was to take out Mrs. Jaager and Elizabeth. They were getting to close to the former CIO operations.

“Alright, here is what we have found out with all the information that has been gather from both teams. The weapons you intercepted were meant for a bigger operation. What that operation is, we don’t know yet. All we do know is it involves Washington D.C. and several of our military bases. As for the satellite equipment, that was going to be used in the second operation. Right now, our primary objective is to locate Mr. Bridges and his people.They are hacking satellites and selling the information to terrorist groups. So, far they haven’t taken control over our drones yet, but given enough time they would be able to over-ride the control signal to the drones from the control of any of our bases.”

“Do we know where they are right now and how many there are?”

Elizabeth was writing everything down as Anika was speaking.

“Yes, and we are going to have to split up into three teams to strike them all at the same time.”

“Can’t be done Queenie!”

Aylin was looking at everyone sitting around the table.

“Why can’t it be done, Hatter?’

“There’s only four of us here. Unless you’re counting your scribe over there?”

Aylin points to Shigeko.

“Hatter, let Anika finish before interrupting her.”

Elizabeth was looking directly at Hatter, like a mother would a child.

Hatter crosses her arms over her chest and huffs.

“No, she is right Elizabeth, but we have back-up.”

Just as Anika said those words. A man wearing a black cowboy hat with brown hair and broad shoulders come walking into the room followed
by a person with black shoulder length hair. The guy with the cowboy hat had dark tanned skin and stood almost six foot tall. He had on a black tie, a light blue button down shirt tucked into the waist band of a brand new pair of blue jeans. Covering his feet were a pair of brown cowboy boots. Walking next to him was a nondescript person with shoulder length black hair dressed in a form fitting black jump suit wearing black leather ankle boots and a three-inch wide black leather belt around their slim waist with a silver belt buckle with a skull with wings on either side of the skull. There were roses in between the wings, just above the skull. The person was wearing gun holsters on each hip. The persons hands were covered in a pair of black skintight gloves.

“Bart, it’s so good to see you again.”

“I wish it was under better conditions, Anika. What trouble have you gotten into this time?”

“One of our employee’s is committing espionage and using the company’s resources to do it. I’m trying to put a stop to it before Jack finds outs. These are the people helping me with the problem and the ones I was going to send to you for training. Ladies, this gentleman is Bart Hardy. He’s an associate of mine that has volunteered to help us out. I’m sorry, but I don’t know your name?”

Anika was looking at the person standing next to Bart. They were about a foot smaller and slimmer then Bart. They looked like they had the build of a gymnast or someone who took ballet.

“My name is Dakota Rice, I work for Mr. Hardy.”

The voice didn’t sound feminine or masculine, just normal.

Anika raise an eyebrow at Bart asking if this was true.

He just nods his head slightly.

“Now, Hatter, do you think we can have three teams?”

Anika was looking towards Hatter.

Hatter looks at the two people that just came in.

“Yes, Queenie.”

“Good. Elizabeth, you’re being teamed with Bart. Terry and Dakota, I am putting the two of you together. Your job is going to be the hardest
and you’re going to have to use Wraith on this job, Terry. Hatter, you are being teamed with me.”

“Excuse me, but what is Wraith and what are we going after?”

Dakota was curious what wraith was and why they were going to need it.

“Wraith is a specialized combat car built and designed by Terry. You’re going to need Wraith and whatever weapons systems and gadgets
Terry has built into that car. Your job is to stop or capture the mobile command center Mr. Bridges is using. From the information, I got from our prisoner. It’s been disguised to look like a Federal Express truck. So, you’ll have to be careful.”

“Do you have any way we can identify it?”

“You’ll be working with Morgana on that. I have her using the satellites we have access to, to monitor and track it. She’ll send the information to
you, so you can intercept it.”

“Speaking of Morgana, where is your computer expert and her partner, Anika?”

Bart was looking towards his former partner.

“Her and her partner, along with two of my trusted security personnel are at the building that the information was being sent to.”

Shigeko’s cellphone beeps letting her know a call was coming through and saw Morgana’s number.

“Hello Morgana, what do you have for us?”

“Lots, you might want to send whoever you have going after the mobile command center now. It’s heading south from New York. I’m also sending you those other locations that you need to disable or take to stop them. One more thing, can you see if you can capture the command center, please? I wouldn’t mind the equipment from it to put in mine.”

“We’ll, see how things work out Morgana.”

Shigeko looks at Bart and Anika “the command center is leaving New York as we speak. So, Terry and Dakota might want to leave right now to intercept it. Morgana did make a request. She’s wants to know if we can capture it, because she wants the equipment from it.”

Anika just grin and looks towards Terry and Dakota.

“You’re up. If you can capture it, do so. If not, I understand.”

“We’ll do what we can Anika.”

Terry and Dakota head out of the conference room and down to where she park Wraith when they came over here.

Dakota stops and looks at the car.

“Wow! You built this car?”

“Yep. I built everything in here from the frame up. Customs wheels, frame, body and weapon systems.”

Terry opens passenger side door for Dakota and walks around to the driver side.

Dakota couldn’t believe the inside of the car or the seat as they sat down on it. It hugged their body like a glove. Terry walks Dakota through the process for putting on the five-point harness.

“Why do I need to wear this?”

“Because this car really moves. It has 6,000 horsepower under its hood.”

“Holy shit.”

Dakota could hear the car door hiss as it becomes airtight.

“Pressurized cabin?”

“Yep.”

Terry presses a button and puts the car in gear.

Dakota didn’t even hear the engine when Terry started the car. Dakota holds on as they leave the parking garage and zip out onto the streets.
A map display pops up in front of them with two dots. According to the distance and the traffic they were currently experiencing, they were losing some time. Terry was going to need to floor it to make the time up.

“Once we get out on the highway, I can open Wraith up.”

“Hey, I understand. I’m from L.A.”

“Really? How did you team-up with Mr. Hardy?”

“Him and his wife saved my life. I was left for dead by a motorcycle gang I had infiltrated. My cover had been blown by a crooked cop that was working for the gang. They beat the crap out of me and shot me four times. I was barely alive when he found me and took me to his wife’s hospital. She saved me and when I could be moved, they took me to their ranch to recover and had me declared dead at the hospital. They helped me change my identity and gender.”

“So, you became a woman?”

Terry glances at Dakota.

“Actually, I consider myself gender neutral. Neither male or female.”

“How can you do that? You either have the plumbing of a woman or the plumbing of a male or both.”

“Well, I can tell you right now. I don’t have both. Why should I confine my identity to one gender? Why can’t I be both or neither?”

“That’s one way at looking at things.”

Terry was thinking about what Dakota said.

“Oh, and to answer your question. I have female plumbing. I had too after what was done to me.”

Dakota had a smug look on their face as they zig zag through traffic and finally get onto the interstate.

up
238 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Whew!

For such a short chapter, it packed a wallop! Getting really better with each posting, but it's like eating peanuts. Once you start, you can't stop and that's how I'm feeling. I don't know what you're feeding your muse, but it must be high protein.

More soon?

Santacruzman

Interesting stories, but

Many of your stories sound so interesting, and may even be well written, and I'd love - and have attempted - to read them,
but I never managed to go far in because the present tense you use just kills it for me.

I'd be interested to know why you have chosen the present tense, and not the past tense?

I'd be much more comfortable with
"Anika looked at everyone gatherd around the conference table."
instead of
"Anika looks at everyone gather around the conference table."

It seems gather is not correct here anyway. Maybe "gathers" or "is gathering", instead?

Tense writing

Let's see. Why do I write in the present tense so much? Well, I think a lot of my writing is influence by some of my favorite authors. Patricia Briggs bounces between present and past depending on which series of books she writes. The Ones I mean are the Mercedes Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega series. Those two if I remember correctly are written differently. Charlaine Harris is another author I enjoy. Mostly her Sookie Stackhouse series. Yes, I love urban, modern, horror, fantasy, fiction. There are authors here I enjoy reading and how they write.

Most of the writing articles I have read suggest that you write in the past tense because the reader won't notice it too much about some of the background or the story itself. Writing in the present tense takes a little more work and skill. Which I am hoping to acquire.

I know I mess up with misspelled words, grammar and sentence structure. However, I do have people who read my stuff that send me private messages and tell me where I screwed up at. Sometimes they make suggestions that I should fix this and that or this might be better instead of what you written. So, I try to make the corrections right away so others who haven't read the story may enjoy it. I also have two people who have been nice enough to edit some of the stories I have already posted. Which I am behind on rewriting. Sorry about that Dave and Monica.

Still, I hope you enjoy the stories and any suggestions you have about a scene or character let me know. Sometimes, I tend to make a few characters similar to one another without realizing it.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

On the hunt

Jamie Lee's picture

Going on a hunt can produce unexpected surprises. They know what they want to do, but know nothing about what might be waiting for them.

They do, however, need to bring all of those people down. If they get control of satellites they could control more than drones.

Others have feelings too.