Becoming Annabelle Lee Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Is was a task getting everyone up at five in the morning. Annabelle had to get Gina ready first and make some breakfast for her. Dawn was having her period and wasn’t feeling to well. They had made what they were going to have for the picnic last night before going to bed and had it packed and ready to go. She had to get herself ready as well. Gina had slept with them again last night.

She packs a backpack with compass, suntan lotion, energy bars, trail mix, toilet wipes, fire starter kit and emergency first aid kit to take with them. She had a few canteens and water skins filled with water to drink while out on the trail. By 5:30 a.m. they left the house with their horses loaded up in the trailer and headed to the park where they were meeting Skipping Wolf and Dancing Deer. Gina was leaning against Dawn asleep again.

She was driving because Dawn was still waking up. It was hard at first because she had never driven a truck with a trailer before. After she left the driveway, she got used to having the trailer attached to the truck.

Dawn gave her directions to the park they were going to. They got there before Skipping Wolf and Dancing Deer.

“Look like we beat Skipping Wolf.”

Annabelle looks over towards Dawn. She notices that Gina was snuggled up against Dawn. She takes her cellphone out and snaps a few shots of Gina snuggled up against Dawn.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“I think it’s cute mommy Dawn.”

Annabelle leans over carefully and places a kiss on Dawn’s lips. She sits back and gets out of the truck and start leading the horses out of the back of the trailer. She ties them off on the side of the trailer. Just as she gets the last horse tied off, Skipping Wolf and Dancing Deer show up.

“You’re late.”

Annabelle looks at them as their truck comes to a stop next to them.

“Sorry, sleepy head didn’t want to get out of bed. Where’s your other half and Little Fox?”

“Still in the truck. She woke-up not feeling to good and Little Fox fell back to sleep after we left the house. I figure I would let her sleep till I got the horses saddled, before waking her.”

“Well, I’ll give you a hand. If you’ll give me a hand?”

“Sounds like a deal to me and thanks Skipping Wolf."

“You’re welcome Red Hawk.

Annabelle just smiled at being called Red Hawk. Between her and Skipping Wolf, they get all the horses saddle and the picnic basket secured.

Annabelle makes sure she the blanket she brought with them to have their picnic on is secure. Annabelle walks over to the passenger side door and taps on the window.

“Time to wake-up sleepy heads.”

Dancing Deer tries not to laugh at Annabelle’s antics.

Dawn opens the truck door and climbs out with a sleepy child beside her.

“Come mere sleepy head.”

She reaches into the back of the truck and pulls a cowgirl hat out for Gina.

“I thought you might like your own cowgirl hat.”

Annabelle puts a brand-new light brown hat with a turquoise and silver band going around the hat on Gina’s head.

“Thank you, mom.” Gina hugs Annabelle.

“You’re welcome sweetie.” Annabelle hugs Gina back.

She releases Gina when Gina releases her.

“I got you one as well, sweetie.” Annabelle grabs the other one that matched Gina’s, except Dawn’s had a silver belt style band going around her hat. Annabelle’s pull her hat out and puts it on. Her hat was a dark brown leather hat with a silver hawk on the first of it.

“That’s a nice hat.”

Dawn was looking at Annabelle’s hat.

“Tried to find one in your size, but they didn’t have another one like this.”

“That’s alright sweetie. I’ll just wear yours when you’re not wearing it.”

Dawn gives Annabelle a kiss and gets up on her horse. Annabelle mounts her horse and watch as Gina uses the stepping step to mount her horse.

Skipping Wolf takes the lead with Dawn next followed by Gina followed by Dancing Deer and Annabelle bring up the rear. They ride out and travel for a good four hours, before stopping for everyone to dismount and stretch their legs. Annabelle passes the canteens and water skin around and offer the trail mix and energy bars. She puts some lotion on Gina, so she doesn’t burn, but tan.

“Are you enjoying yourself Little Fox?”

Skipping Wolf was chewing on an energy bar that Annabelle gave him.

“Yes sir. It’s been a while since I was permitted to ride a horse.” Gina was petting her horse.

“Well, if your serious about riding horses. You might be able to talk your mother into teaching you how to do barrel racing. She used to be good
at it when she was younger.”

Gina looks over towards Dawn “you used to do barrel racing?”

“Yep, I won a few trophy’s. I don’t mind teaching you how to barrel race.”

Gina smiles and hug Dawn.

Annabelle was enjoying the interaction between Gina and Dawn.

Dancing Deer walks up to stand next to Annabelle “I think the two of you are going to make wonderful mothers.”

Annabelle looks at Dancing Deer “I hope so Dancing Deer. I want Gina to have the type of life I never had. I think the spirits were looking out for me and Running Rabbit there the day she had a flat tire.”

“You never know Red Hawk. However, I think you are right about that. The three of you make a loving family.”

“Thanks Dancing Deer.” Annabelle hugs Dancing Deer and afterwards everyone remounts their horses.

They travel till about two o’clock and set up the picnic blanket. They let the horses gazed, while Dancing Deer and Annabelle set-up the picnic.
Annabelle had packed some sweet tea in two coffee coolers for them to drink. It was a simple lunch of chopped chicken breast served on a salad with three different type of dressing to pick from. Some ham and turkey sandwiches were made to go with the salad.

“Mommy, can I go and pick some flowers?”

“Sure sweetie. Just stay where we can see you.”

Annabelle watches as Gina skips away looking for flowers to pick.

“So, how does it feel to be mothers?”

“Strange for me, considering I’m only eighteen years old.”

Annabelle looks towards Dawn to see how she felt.

“To be honest with you Skipping Wolf. I like being called mom and having a wife as well.”

“Well, you still need to make it official on both accounts.”

“We know Skipping Wolf. We’re hoping the courts don’t turn down our request to adopt Gina.”

“If you get the right judge, he or she shouldn’t.”

“We still have to ask Gina if she wants us to be her parents.”

Skipping Wolf looks in the direction he saw Gina skip off to.

“I think Little Fox already thinks of you two as her parents.”

“I think you’re right.”

Dancing Deer stands up “come on Skipping Wolf.”

Annabelle and Dawn watches as the two of them walk off. Dawn moves closer to Annabelle and start kissing her. Annabelle wraps her arms around Dawn and hold her.

“Feeling better?”

“Not really, but I figure this will give us a chance to snuggle while they are off walking. How are your breast feeling?”

“Sore and I think they have gotten a little bigger. I decided not to wear my butt or hip pads today.”

“You’re going to be sore tomorrow, you know that?”

“Yes and no. I swallowed some Aleve before we left the house this morning. So, by the time it wears off. I should be okay.”

Gina comes skipping back with a bunch of flowers in her hands.

“Moms, look what I found.”

Both Dawn and Annabelle look up when they hear Gina’s voice. They notice she had a handful of different flowers with her.

“Come mere sweetie.”

Gina comes over and sits down next to Annabelle and Dawn. Dawn shows Gina how to weave the flowers into a ring and put the ring on her hat to wear. Annabelle takes some of the left-over flowers they didn’t use and put a few in her hat and Dawn’s hat.

“There, now you look like a flower girl.”

Annabelle pulls Gina to her and holds her against her body.

Gina wraps her arms around Annabelle and just enjoying laying with her mothers. After thirty minutes. Skipping Wolf and Dancing Deer come back from their walk.

“You girls ready to pack up and ride back?”

Annabelle looks up at Skipping Wolf “You had to go and spoil a nice moment.”

“Sorry. Come on young um’s let’s get a move on.”

Dancing Deer helps Dawn fold up the picnic blanket, while Annabelle puts away what they didn’t eat and secure the blanket and basket on her horse. Everyone mounts their horses and rides back without stopping back to the trucks. All of them help each other unsaddle the horses and brushes them down. They wait to let them cool down before loading them into their respected trailers.

up
278 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos