Snow Angel Part 8

Printer-friendly version

Aylin closes her eyes and takes several deep breathes as she slowly allows her mind to clear and tune out the rest of the world. She was used to doing this in the hospital when she was placed inside solitary confinement for months. She would retreat inside her mind to pass the time and get away from things. Things that hurt her or bother her. She retreats there now, not because she wanted to get away, but to just have some where familiar to be. Inside her mind she was always safe. No one could take that away from her.

She told Terry she would remain right where she was and she meant it. She images a forest and chasing after the white rabbit and finally catching him and going to the tea party with her friends. Talking with the Hatter and telling him everything she has done so far since coming to the America’s. Singing and doing her dance for him. She demonstrates her dancing for the Hatter and embrace his praise of her dancing along with the rest of her friends there.

Real World:
Aylin’s body was barely breathing as she sat Indian style with her eyes closed. Her body was like a statue in how still she appeared. The coffee mug she had been drinking tea from was sitting in front of her on the floor.

Eruption Communications Anika Jaager Office:
Anika’s door abruptly slams open as CIO Arnold Bridges comes walking in and right up to Anika Jaager’s desk.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing requesting information from my department about current jobs and upgrades we are doing?” Arnold had gotten word from one of his tech’s that Ms. Jaager was going through their department files and every time they tried to block her out, she
over-rode them with her security clearance.

“Well, good morning to you to Arnold. You do know that before you enter anyone’s office, you’re supposed to knock or inform my secretary, don’t you?” Anika was playing it cool right now. She could kill this jackass any time she wanted to.

“Cut the bullshit Anika. I want an answer to my question.”

“Well, to be honest with you. I don’t answer to you. I answer to the owner of this company, just like the CEO does. Second, if I want information about anything going on in this company or any other company that belongs to us, I can have it any time I want. The last reason Mr. Bridges, you should be glad it is me asking for that information instead of the owner, because he would had taken your head off for barging into his office. Trust me when I tell you this, because if he comes up here and finds anything screwy with the company. People are going to lose their heads or get feed to his big ass wolf.”

“You don’t have the authority to.”

“Do you want to try me? I’ve been getting reports about one of our cold sites being used and there’s no paperwork or authorization forms given
you permission to update or upgrade that site. There’s nothing from accounting for purchases of new equipment or the transference of equipment to that site. So, tell me again what are you doing at that site?” Anika had her hands in front of her with her fingers making like a pyramid.

“Like I told our security officer, routine upgrades and maintenance on the system.”

“And I’m saying your full of shit. Now, either tell me what you are doing there or I’m going to suspend you for a few days.”

“You don’t have the authority to suspend me or fire me.”

“I have the authority to suspend you, but I don’t have the authority to fire you. Only the CEO, HR and the owner have that authority. As of right
now you are suspended without pay for a week while an investigation into what you were doing is done. To be fair to you an outside audit company will be hired to review and go over your files.”

“Why you.”

Arnold Bridges was about to step forward and do something he would regret when Anika’s expression changed daring him to do it. Her facial expression took on a look he has seen on harden killers before.

“I suggest you leave now, before you do something we’ll both regret Mr. Bridges.” Her words and the tone of her voice held ice to them when she spoke.

Shigeko had been listening to the conversion going on between Mr. Bridges and Ms. Jaager and when she heard the change in Ms. Jaager’s voice. She knew she should get security up to the office right away. Just as she was about to call security, Elizabeth walks in from the hallway.

“Good Morning Shigeko, is Ms. Jaager in?”

“Yes, she is and I think you better go in there and escort Mr. Bridges out of here before she hurts him really badly.”

“Okay, call one of the other security guards and have them come up here, please.”

“Okay.”

Elizabeth knocks on Ms. Jaager’s door.

“Enter.”

Elizabeth walks in “you wanted to see me Ms. Jaager?”

“Yes Mrs. Sumner, would you and security officer Lucero please escort Mr. Bridges from the premises and restrict his access for a week?”

“Yes ma’am” Elizabeth turns towards him as Security Officer Keven Lucero came walking in.

Mr. Bridges was about to say something until he saw Security Officer Lucero. He was a 6’5” tall African American male built like a professional wrestler. He knew Mr. Lucero use to be a professional football player and when he injured himself on the football field, he became a bodyguard and hired by the company as third in charge of security.

“Mr. Bridges if you’ll follow me and Mr. Lucero please. Is there anything in your office you need to get?”

“Yes, there is.”

“Okay. After you sir.” Elizabeth steps aside to let Mr. Bridges lead the way.

“Elizabeth, after you are done with escorting Mr. Bridges out of the building. Please report to me.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Mr. Bridges was going to have to put his plans into play early and have Anika Jaager taken out along with Elizabeth Sumner. She was the one that had spotted them using that cold site and more than likely reported it to Ms. Jaager.

Elizabeth and Keven escorts Mr. Bridges to his officer to retrieve his items and anything company related was left behind. He was escorted downstairs to his car and watched as he left the property. Elizabeth had feeling they hadn’t seen the last of Mr. Bridges.

Keven had been following Elizabeth’s lead. He knew something strange was going on and knew that the CIO was part of it. Now, he had a feeling things were going to get rough after this.

“Penny for your thoughts Lucero?”

Elizabeth knew it was unusual for Keven to remain quiet.

“I have a feeling a big can of worms is about to be opened and this was just an appetizer.”

“I have a feeling that you are right. There’s something going on and the company may be hurt by it.”

“I think your right, Elizabeth.”

“Well, I have a meeting with Ms. Jaager. I better get going.”

“I’ll see you later Elizabeth. Be careful.”

“I will and thanks.”

Elizabeth heads back to Ms. Jaager’s office.

“Go on in, Elizabeth.”

Shigeko had been informed to send Elizabeth in as soon as she returned from escorting Mr. Bridges out of the building.

“Elizabeth, please have a seat and tell me everything you have found out so far?”

“Well, Ms. Jaager. The box truck that was heading to the cold site had Russian missile systems and a bunch of military grade satellite
equipment. Also, it seems we may have a third player in the game. We had a young girl that was told to steal the load for who and why I don’t know. Her shoulder had to be looked after, after getting into a fire fight. The cold site is guarded by at least six to eight people.”

“What can you tell me about these new people you have run into?”

“To be honest, I don’t know that much about them. Except, Terry Horn. I notice she hold three degrees and she drives a Hi-Tech one of a kind assault car. That car is armor plated and fast as a Nascar. She also knows about weapons and satellite equipment. I think she would make a good operative or agent.”

“What do you know about the one that is known as Mad Hatter Aylin?”

“Nothing, except her fingerprints have been burned off and she looks younger then she is. At some time, she must have been someone’s prisoner, because of scarring around her wrist and there is a bunch of old needle tracks in both her arms. The make-up on her face is the permanent type. I figure she had it tattoo on her face maybe a few weeks or months ago. The color is still bright. So, it could have been recently. She also has an English accent.”

“What do you think of her? Because the information we have on her said she is responsible for the murder of four people and the wounding of six others. Plus, the theft of valuable art.”

“I don’t know about if she is capable of killing someone. The weapons I found on her were two special design dart guns and an ordinary kitchen knife you can buy at any box store kitchen section. I would say she is crazy. She was hanging underneath the box truck and made her way to the cab of the box truck. She’s at Terry’s apartment right now sleeping. Also, Terry doesn’t want her brothers or employees to find out about her night time adventures.”

“Why was Terry meeting the box truck in the first place?”

“She works for some guy that pays people to make deliveries for him.”

“So, she was making a delivery that night?”

“Yes ma’am.”

Anika sits back in her chair.

“You say you think Terry would make a good operative or agent?”

“Yes ma’am. She built that car of hers from the ground up. Think about what else she could be capable of? As for the young girl. It might be best for her to be employed by you as well. Her thieving skills along make her valuable. As for strange appearance, maybe we can learn more about why she dresses that way and where she got those scars on her wrist and the needle marks on her arm. Even if she is crazy, that could work for us, because that makes her unpredictable. The enemy wouldn’t know what to expect from her.”

Anika had to think about that. Maybe this could work to her advantage.

“Okay, let’s see you three work as a team and keep this off the books for now. Find out why she was trying to steal that box truck and for whom. As for the truck itself, if you have some where safe to store it. Put it there for now. Also, see if you and your two companions can take the cold site and let me know what they are using it for.”

“I think we can handle that. What do we do if the law tries to get involve or take over?”

“Here are your badges and ID’s. You’re consider Special Deputies under the US Marshal. Those badges should clear the way for you. Remember, even though you are considered special deputies for the Marshal, doesn’t mean you can go around blowing stuff up or killing without reason.”

“How did you manage this?”

“Let’s just say the Attorney General and the Deputy Attorney General owes my boss a big favor. Now, go and take care of the problem at the
cold site, while I find out what Mr. Bridges has been doing here.”

“Have fun and be careful Ms. Jaager.”

“I will.”

Once Elizabeth leaves.

Anika presses the intercom button “Shigeko, call Camelot Forensics and have them send out two of their cyber forensics experts to go over Mr. Bridges computer and any work he did here at the office.”

“Yes ma’am. Any one you want them to send out?”

“Nope, tell Arthur to send me two of his best people.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Special Notes:
Special Deputy U.S. Marshals

The Director, United States Marshals Service, is authorized to deputize the following persons to perform the functions of a Deputy U.S. Marshal in any district designated by the Director:

(a) Selected officers or employees of the Department of Justice;
(b) Selected federal, state, or local law enforcement officers whenever the law enforcement needs of the U.S. Marshals Service so require;
(c) Selected employees of private security companies in providing courtroom security for the Federal judiciary;
(d) Other persons designated by the Associate Attorney General pursuant to 28 CFR 0.19(a)(3)
0.19 Associate Attorney General.

(a) The Associate Attorney General shall advise and assist the Attorney General and the Deputy Attorney General in formulating and implementing Departmental policies and programs. The Associate Attorney General shall also provide overall supervision and direction to organizational units as assigned. In addition the Associate Attorney General shall:

(1) Exercise the power and the authority vested in the Attorney General to take final action in matters pertaining to the appointment, employment, pay, separation, and general administration of attorneys and law students in pay grades GS-15 and below in organizational units subject to his direction.

(2) Perform such other duties as may be especially assigned from time to time by the Attorney General.

(3) Exercise the power and authority vested in the Attorney General to authorize the Director of the U.S. Marshals Service to deputize persons to perform the functions of a Deputy U.S. Marshal.

(b) The Associate Attorney General may redelegate the authority provided in paragraph (a)(1) of this section to the Director, Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management.

(c) The Associate Attorney General is the Attorney General's designee for purposes of determining whether, under part 39 of this title, a handicapped person can achieve the purpose of a program without fundamental changes in its nature, and whether an action would result in a fundamental alteration in the nature of a program or activity or in undue financial and administrative burdens. The Associate Attorney General may not redelegate this authority.

(d) [Reserved]

up
254 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting good!

Starting to make more sense now. Can't wait to get deeper into the story to see if the Hatter is going to play nice with her new team mates.

Santacruzman

With her known background, is

With her known background, is Mad Hatter Aylin trustworthy enough or will she be the one to screw up the investigation coming up on Mr. Bridges and others?

Curiouser and curiouser

Jamie Lee's picture

Aylin has old needle tracks, marks on her wrists and no fingerprints. Who did what and why. Removing finger prints means someone didn't want her to be identifies, why? Someone doing something illegal? Aylin was kidnapped? Ironing out her past may need done sooner than later.

And the needle tracks? A chemical way to erase her memory or scramble it? And the marks on her wrists mean she was restrained. Some very nasty people were involved in her current state.

Missile parts, satellite parts, what was Bridges doing at that cold site? Something he doesn't want found or he wouldn't be planning to take out the two ladies.

Others have feelings too.

I'm hooked on this story

I have an itch that needs to be scratched, when and by whom were the Hatter's fingerprints removed.