Abandoned Child Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Charles was at his girlfriend’s house feeling smug about himself and finding that micro-SD card his ex-wife had made. He wasn’t a computer genius like she was, but he knew someone who was, the son of the vice-president of the motorcycle gang. If anyone could crack the password protecting the card he could, he had dropped off the card with him and was just waiting for him to call back.

Charles cellphone rings, “Hello?”

“You need to get out of there now Charles, the police are on their way to you. They have footage of you breaking into that hotel room and searching it.”

“How did they get footage of me searching the room?”

“One of the occupants had a hidden camera in the room.”

“Thanks Jerry.”

Charles gets up and goes down to his motorcycle as fast as he could. He could hear sirens coming towards him, he hops onto his motorcycle and leaves the area; he had another place he could hideout till he found out what was on that video card.

He heads towards his second hideout, when he arrives, his cellphone rings.

He checks the number, it was Axel’s number.

“What’s up Axel?”

“My fucking computer is ruined! That’s what is up you, dumbass, you brought me a card that had a virus on it, there was nothing else on that card, as soon as I cracked the password, it infected my system and caused my CPU and hard drives to overheat and melt down. They must already have the pictures. My father wants your head on a silver platter.”

“Great, that means they have the pictures already and probably gave them to the authorities.”

“Well, if you don’t want your head taken off. You better do something to make this good or you’re a dead man.” Axel hangs up on him.

Charles dials the numbers of a few people he can trust to go after his son and ex-sister-in-law. He remembered where they lived and guessed
that was where they were heading with his children. He packs up a few weapons; refuels his motorcycle and heads out on the road.

Mary and Joe’s truck:

Jessie had fallen asleep during the drive and was surprised when they stopped, Maggie was throwing a fit. He looks around and sees Joe was still in the truck with him. His aunt was opening the driver side passenger door to get Maggie from behind Joe.

Mary saw Jessie was awake and smiled at him.

“Her diaper needs to be changed and I didn’t want to wake you sweetie.”

“Okay, Aunt Mary.” Jessie watches as his aunt carries his sister into the women’s restroom.

“Did you enjoy your nap, Jessie?”

Joe turns around to look at his niece.

“Was I snoring Uncle Joe?”

“Like a lumberjack, kiddo, you were passed out five minutes after leaving the restaurant.”

“I guess it was all that good food, Uncle.”

Charlie had pulled up next to Joe and Mary’s pickup truck, he watched as Mary carried Maggie into the women’s restroom. He rolls his window
down and to speak with Joe.

“Diaper change?”

“Diaper change.”

“Better get used to it good buddy. You’re going to be a father to two little girls with one still in diapers.”

“You forget Charlie, I helped my mother change my sister and brother’s diapers.”

“You never told me about your family before.”

“You never asked before my friend.”

Charlie just shakes his head as the two wait for Mary to come out of the restroom. After a few minutes, she comes out with a happy baby girl in her arms. Mary puts her back in her car seat and buckles her in.

“Was everything okay Aunt Mary?”

“Everything was fine Jessie. She had a wet diaper and just needed it changed”

Mary just smiled and winked at her niece. She knew Jessie was going to have to get used to someone else taking care of her little sister.
“Well, let’s get this show on the road, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready to get out of this truck and stretch my legs.”

“I agree with Charlie.”

“Alright, I’m coming. Jessie, do you need to use the bathroom before we leave?”

“No ma’am, I’m fine.”

Jessie had used the restroom at the restaurant before they had left, he would be okay till they stopped again.

“Okay, let’s go then.”

Joe and Mary head out first, followed by Charlie in his truck. They drive throughout the afternoon and into the evening.

Jessie watches as they drive through the entrance to the ranch and couldn’t believe how big it is; she has never been to anything this big before. They stopped in front of a two-car garage.

Charlie pulls up alongside Joe and Mary’s truck.

“Home Sweet Home.” Joe turns off the truck and gets out.

“Come on Jessie, your home.” Mary gets out and opens the door for him.

“Thank you, Aunt Mary.” Jessie grabs his bags and Maggie’s diaper bag.

She follows her aunt into the house; she leads her upstairs to a bedroom.

“This will be your bedroom Jessie, the bathroom is at the end of the hallway.”

“Where will Maggie’s room be?”

“She’s going to be sleeping in our bedroom till we set a room up for her Jessie.”

“She could stay in here with me and I’ll take care of her.”

Mary wraps her arms around Jessie and pulls her close to her.

“You sweet child, always thinking about your sister, It’s time you let me and your uncle help you and start thinking about yourself sweetie.”
Mary hugs her niece, of whom she couldn’t be prouder.

“I’ll try Aunt Mary.”

Jessie wraps his arms around her body, buries her face against her and cries.

Mary rubs his back as she holds him against her body him.

They stay like that for a few minutes until Mary relaxes her hold on Jessie.

“Now, why don’t you go ahead and get ready for bed, then, why don’t you come to my bedroom and say goodnight to your sister.”

“Okay Aunt Mary.” He hugs her one more time.

Mary kisses his forehead and goes to her bedroom to see if she can help her husband with the crib they bought for Maggie.

Jessie changes into nightshirt he has been wearing in bed and goes to his aunt and uncle’s bedroom to see how Maggie is doing. When he
walks in, he sees his uncle and Charlie putting together a crib for her. Her Aunt Mary was holding Maggie in her arms, he walks over and sits on the bed, watching his uncle, and now his godfather.

After half-n-hour they finally get the crib put together. Maggie had already fallen asleep in Mary’s arms, before Mary lays Maggie down, she looks at Jessie.

“Do you want to say goodnight to your sister Jessie?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Jessie goes and kisses Maggie’s forehead.

“Goodnight little sister.”

She watches as her aunt lays Maggie down in the crib.

“Time for you, little lady to go to bed as well.”

Mary takes Jessie back to her room, tuck her in, kisses her forehead.

“Sweet dreams, Jessie.”

“Night, Aunt Mary.”

Edited By: Dave

up
352 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I can see happiness

sugar_britches63's picture

I can see happiness for Jessie and Maggie but it will come at some price if Charles has his say in it. Hopefully the gang leader or the feds catch up to him first. Maybe he gets hit by a tractor trailer. I just hope it does not come at to high a cost for Jessie and Maggie.

Charolotte

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

I really hope that Charley

I really hope that Charley "gets his" before he can do anything to Jessie or the other family members.

A new beginning

Jamie Lee's picture

Jessie and Maggie are with real humans who care about the two as should have been the case with the animal they had been living with.

Jessie had been under so much stress trying to take care of both himself and Maggie that it finally caught with him on the trip and getting into the house. For a young child to have gone through what she has with her birth father, it would seem she wouldn't trust another adult so readily. But Jessie's nature isn't one of hate or animosity, but of love for her little sister. And this allows her to trust her aunt and uncle.

Now if only some misfortune would unveil itself to Charlie before he gets to the ranch.

Others have feelings too.

New beginning

Jamie Lee's picture

Jessie and Maggie got a new lease on life the minute their aunt and uncle picked them up and started taking care of them. Being released of needing to look after herself and Maggie, she finally could sleep peacefully and let everything go when hug by her aunt.

No 12 year of should have this much stress in their life.

Others have feelings too.

Its not over

Until its over. As long as daddy Charlie is still loose Jessie and the rest will be dealing with a real threat to their health and wellbeing. They are going to be dealing with a cornered rabid dog. He's going to break out on the attack, with revenge on his mind and d*mn the cost.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin