Help! My girlfriend is a Unicorn! Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Help! My girlfriend is a Unicorn!

Chapter 7

Despite the fact no one at school remembered the “food fight”, I discovered that there were some changes in people the next day. Boys especially, were looking at me differently, but even some of the girls seemed to be more aware of my existence than before, even though I had returned to a more “tomboy” look.

But the biggest change was internal. Once I had relaxed, there had been something freeing in being “pretty”, although it was somewhat frightening as well. I found myself hoping there would be other opportunities to do something like that again.

What would have been forbidden or at least severely frowned upon when I was a boy was now not only allowed, but celebrated. I could be “girly” if I wanted to be - after all I was now a girl.

And I admitted to myself that I wanted to be - at least some of the time, although I still wanted to be practical in my clothing choices.

And after a couple of boys had approached me, I could also admit that the big reason why I turned them down had to do with already having someone in Melody rather than a lack of physical attraction to boys - or at least some boys.

And I could live with that.

Then, in my last class, something weird happened.

It was social studies, and we had a guest speaker who came to talk about some Native Canadian myths and stories.

He was introduced as Dr. Michael Twoyoungman, and the story he shared almost seemed like something out of Lovecraft rather than something believed by native Canadians - a story about terrible monsters who once roamed the land, who had been exiled thousands of years ago, but were always trying to find a way back to the world of Men.

The lecture itself was fine, but our teacher asked Melody and I to stay after class, and then, to my total surprise, left the room, leaving us alone with our guest lecturer.

“I wish there was time for politeness, but unfortunately, there is not. I know what you two are. But please believe I mean you no harm. I need to speak to your families, as soon as possible” He said quickly.

“Well I can ask my mom if she wants to speak to you,” Melody replied.

He pulled out a card with a phone number on it, and then said, “Here. give this to her, and please, its very important.”

Melody took the card, and said, “Something says you’re telling us the truth. I’ll give this to my mother tonight. Beyond that, though it’s her decision.”

He nodded, and left the classroom.

“What do you think that’s about?” I asked.

“Maybe Mom will know,” Melody responded.

We went to Melody’s house, and gave her mom the card, telling her about this Twoyoungman guy. Meldoy’s mom said she’d look him up - didnt say how, I figured it was some magical version of Google. Then she said that Melody and I should try not to worry about things, that she would handle it from here.

“But cant we help, Mom?” Melody asked.

“No dear. You both have other things to focus on,” Her mom said.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Like getting comfortable with you are now, Bonnie. And Melody, your priority should be helping her.”

We both sighed, and then Melody walked me home. On the way, she said, “Adults never want kids to have fun.”

I shook my head, and said, “Fun like what that witch kid was doing? No thanks. Besides, we’re unicorns. I suspect ‘boring’ isnt gonna be how you describe our lives.”

“Probably not,” Mel admitted with a smile, and we hugged.

And you know what? I was right ...

up
215 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting, What happens next.

taggrrl's picture

Wonder, what direction this story will take, with the introduction of Dr. Michael Twoyoungman, and the training of Bonny and Melody, as unicorns. Am looking forward to the next installments, as you answer these questions and more, Dorothy.

Perfection is, always, one step beyond, where my feet are.

Twoyoungman

Haylee V's picture

Interesting name. Interesting story. And why was the witch wreaking havoc? Start 'splainin', Lucy... I hope the reasons for the cafeteria chaos will become clearer...

*Kisses Always*
Haylee V

Monsters?!!!?

laika's picture

I could imagine that goofy witch summoning up dark forces and letting the monsters into our world. And who better to fight monsters than a couple of stalwart girly unicorns? I could also imagine that their school is situated over a Hellmouth, but that might be plagiarism...
~the plot thickens, so much fun! Veronica
.

Look Out There's a Monster Coming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GxwDJyqHDI

plagiarism ?

and the fact I've ... borrowed ... a character from BOTH Marvel and DC now doesn't qualify?

giggles. The "hellmouth" idea is interesting ...

DogSig.png

Plagiarism?

There is nothing new under the sun. There are no new stories, just new ways of telling them.

Unicorns

Unicorns are magical and interesting Creatures and are able to protect themselves or do they??

Looking forward to see where you take us next Dorothy.

Love and Hugs

SamanthaAnn

Not boring

Don't know if that's good or bad.