Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Gina’s and Julia’s First Week of School Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Jack was enjoying a good book in the library when his two daughters come in. Gina climbs up on his lap and rest her head on his chest.

Jack knew whenever the munchkins wanted something this was their ploy to butter him up for something.

“Alright, out with it trouble one and trouble two?” Jack marks his page and lays his book down on the end table.

“Daddy, can our friends spend Friday and Saturday night with us please?” Julia was giving Jack her puppy dog eyes.

Jack looks down at Gina curled up on his lap “how about you? Do you want your friends to spend the night as well?”

Gina looks up at her father “could Arnold spend the night?”

“Yes, he can come sweetie.” Jack kisses her head.

“How many are we talking about?” Jack knew he was going to be in over his head.

“Nine totals, daddy” Julia was getting her hopes up.

“Alright, you girls can have your sleep over, but there will be some rules you’ll have to follow. One you know already not to bother Chaos and
keep your friends from him.”

“Thank you, daddy.” Both girls hug and kiss him and run out of the library.

Debbie comes walking in “what’s got the girls all excited?”

“I said they could have a sleepover this weekend. I hope you don’t mind sweetie?” Jack pulls Denise down onto his lap and hold her.

“I don’t mind. It will be a normal teenage girl thing to do for them.” Debbie knew this was going to be a new experience for the battle harden spook.

“Thanks sweetie, you’re the best.” Jack give Debbie a kiss.

“You better believe it, you big lug.” Debbie smacks Jack’s chest.

Julia and Gina send their invitations out to their friends. All six girls respond back and Arnold as well. The boys had family business that weekend.

Gina was excited her friend Arnold could make it. She was hoping first that her father would allow him to come and second that he would come himself. She hopes he doesn’t feel uncomfortable being around all the girls. Gina curls up to Cadmus and falls asleep.

Friday Afternoon:

Jack had meet each parent his daughters had made friends with and had all their numbers should something happen. He had arrived early that day to pick up the kid’s things like their sleeping bags and backpacks and such. He stands by the hummer waiting for everyone to come out so that they could go home and start their sleepover. Jack was surprised to see all the girls and Arnold. September, May and Lisa were excited to meet the wolves. Christmas, Carol and Cynthia were a little scared to meet the wolves. Arnold was excited to meet Cadmus since he meant so much to Gina.

They talked about the rules of the house and how no one could go swimming without an adult present. Selina had been informed about the sleepover and prepared snacks for them. Jack had rented some movies for the girls to watch. By the time they get to the house, all the girls and Arnold were ready to get out and stretch their legs. Sphinx and Cadmus come running from around the house towards Gina and Julia. All the girls and Arnold gather close to each other as the wolves approached them.

They watched as Gina and Julia stepped away from their friends like their father told them and had both wolves stop. Both girls grab their collars and walk each wolf up to their friends and introduce them as friends. Both wolves sniff them and once they were done they let go of their collars.

“You can come and pet them now.” Julia stood nearby just like Jack was as each girl and Arnold came up and petted the wolves.
Once the girls were comfortable with Sphinx and Cadmus “girls I want you to meet Chaos. Now, don’t fear him. He won’t attack you, but I must stress that you don’t want to bother him either. He isn’t a people person type of animal.”

“Tar Chaos” Jack watches as Chaos comes walking around the house and over to them.

“See, I told you he was huge.” Julia looks at her friends with a huge smile on her face.

“Suí”

Chaos sits down by Jack and watches all the new humans on his territory.

“Sir, what language is that you are talking to him in?” May was curious.

“Gaelic, May.” Jack was impress that one of Julia’s friends asked him.

“Tar Chaos.”

Jack helps the girls and Arnold carry their sleeping bags into the house. When they walk in they met Selina.

“Good afternoon children. My name is Selina and I am the head house manager here. The den has been setup for your weekend sleepover.
We are having tacos, burritos and salad tonight for dinner. There is sweet tea, orange juice, milk, water and some sodas for you girls and boys to have. There are snacks as well so help yourself. If you spill anything or need something, feel free to let me or Denise know.”

Just as Selina mentions Debbie comes walking in.

“Hello everyone, I’m Debbie, Julia’s and Gina’s mother. If you need anything just let any of us know. Julia why don’t you show your friends around the house and show them where all the bathrooms are.”

“Yes mommy.” Julia and Gina say at the same time with smiles on their face.

Julia and Gina show everyone where the bathrooms are and the library, which May falls in love with immediately.

“Wow! You have a lot of books.” May was looking at the titles and notice a lot of the books were 1st editions.

“Dad and mom, likes to read books. They prefer them over the kindle or on their tablets.”

“I know how they feel. I like old books as well.” May and Arnold couldn’t believe the books in here.

Afterwards everyone ends up back in the den. Sphinx and Cadmus had stayed with them. Selina and Denise had laid out everything the girls
would need to make their tacos, burritos and salad for dinner.

Julia looks at Sphinx as he tries to beg food from their plates.

“You are a mooch.” She gives him one of his treats.

“Gina, catch.” Julia tosses a treat over to her for Cadmus.

“Got it.” Gina gives Cadmus the treat.

By the time dinner was done it was getting late. Everyone heads to the bathroom and changes into their night clothes or takes a bath if they
want to. Debbie sets some snacks out for them while they play video games and watch movies later. Chaos had made himself scarce though out the night.

By the time all kids fell asleep he comes in to check on the den. Sphinx was curled up to Julia, September and Lisa. Cadmus was snuggled between Arnold and Gina. Both kids had their face buried against his ribcage. The other ones were either snuggled up on the sofa or draped sideways on the chairs.

Jack and Debbie looked at the den with all the sleeping children. Both were happy to see their girls socializing with children. Jack now knew his girls were doing better since their ordeal.

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story reminded me of our

This story reminded me of our family dog we had when we lived in Alaska Territory in 1949-51. Yep, was there before it became a State.
We had a Malamute/Wolf mix. Way larger than the normal husky and very much smarter as well.

Buttered up

Jamie Lee's picture

Good to see both girls getting better to the point they want friends to come over to the house.

Both Gina and Julia have come a long way since the horrible experiences they survived. And yet, they are likely to face other challenges which will test their resolve. Challenges which might be painful to others until they learn the lessons being taught.

Others have feelings too.