Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

“Mom?” Yasmin went into the house looking for Lydia.

“I’m in here sweetie.” Lydia had been in the living room reading a book.

“Mom, what do you know about a special blind girl down south being the daughter of someone?” Yasmin was curious who this person was they were comparing her to.

“Where did you hear about that?” Lydia closes her book and look towards Yasmin.

“Hear about what?” Lily had walked in on part of the conversations.

“Yasmin was asking me about Angela. Cassandras new adopted daughter.” Lydia looks towards Yasmin.

Lily turns to face Yasmin “why would you want to know about Angela?”

“Because we had visitors again and they mention something about part fae and part human having my hair color. Than they were comparing me to this girl you’re asking me about. They said she was the blind daughter of their operative down south.” Yasmin walks over to her favorite chair and sit down.

“Angela used to be the daughter of a Preacher in a town called Sulfur Springs. Her parents are members of the Hunter organization whose job it is to eliminate people who are consider freaks in the churches eyes. They were the ones working behind the scenes of the Vatican church to eliminate witches. They started the witch trials and when the colonies started forming over here they instigated the Salem witch trails here in Massachusetts. The Hunter organization has two branches in it. The first one is the one that wants to see anything that is unnatural like supernatural, people who posse psionic abilities, people who can weld real magic like us or are part fae and part human. There are rumors of demi-gods from the old pagan gods still walking among us as well that the Hunter organization would like to see gone. Because they feel everything I just mentioned goes against god will and must be destroyed. Now, their sister side is different. They try to help train and protect those I just mentioned. They believe that the charter of the Hunter organization has become corrupted since it was first formed back in the middle ages. They also believe the Vatican is responsible for the corruption of the Charter. The church has always tried to control people, countries and Kingdoms through religion.”

“There are real Fae beings out there?” Yasmin couldn’t believe it.

“Yes, there are real Fae creatures and beings out there.” Lydia knew of one that was part Frost Fae and human. She meant her once at a Pagan gathering.

“So why were they comparing me to this girl?” Yasmin was curious.

“Well Angela is unique in the fact that she possesses three psychic abilities. The other thing is she has a very special familiar protecting her as well. On top of that she was the daughter of that preacher in Sulfur Springs. Now she is the adopted daughter of Cassandra and her husband after she left her parents to find them. She needed help with her abilities. She needed them to train her in the use of her abilities, just like you were sent to us for training. The draw back to all her abilities is she is blind and that was caused by her parents. They made her drink contaminated holy water that resulted in the loss of her sight. They thought that by making her drinking holy water she would stop hearing voices because it was coming from the devil. They didn’t understand their daughter was born with a special gift.” Lydia met her once when they went to visit Cassandras coven.

“So, this Hunter organization and HSL organization want to kill people like us?” Yasmin looks to Lily and Lydia.

Both nod their heads yes to her question.

“Why doesn’t the Government do something about this?”

“Where do you think they get their support from? If the government can prove magic really exist; do you know much you would be force to use your abilities to make the government more powerful? They already have been experimenting with breeding and improving psychic powers by using the studies done by the Germans during the Second World War human experiments. Luckily, most of the people they had weren’t very powerful and managed to fool their handlers. However, the government keeps track of them and who they have children with and do blood test and other things to see if those people are breeding a more powerful psychic. That’s why you were told to keep your magical abilities hidden and quiet.” Lydia was starting to see a problem forming. Both organizations were keeping an eagle eye on her and her coven.

Yasmin wonders if the stories of vampires and were-wolves were real.

“Lily, are the stories about vampires and were-wolves real?” Yasmin wanted to know.

Lily looks towards Lydia since technically she was her Priestess and Yasmin adopted mother.

Lydia nods her head yes to the unspoken question.

“Yes, they both exist. However, they aren’t friendly towards people like us. There are only a few powerful ones that will treat us as equals. One of our kind did marry a were-wolf Alpha, but she was half Fae and half-human. Her family kept marrying and remarrying into and out of Fae and were-wolf lines. There are even were-cat clans out there as well. Only one Native American clan has ever married into that family that has married and remarried into Fae and were-wolf clan. That’s the Vreeland clan and they have were-wolf, were-cat and Fae in their bloodlines.”

“God, what have I gotten myself into. This is sounding more and more like Charmed, Wolf Lake, True Blood and other supernatural series all thrown together. No wonder that spirit asked me if I was sure when I asked to have magical abilities. I should have my head examine.” Yasmin couldn’t believe what she has gotten herself into.

“Sorry Yasmin, but you did ask. I was hoping this would never come up because it is a lot to deal with. All you can do now is to learn as much as you can and hope you never run into any of them. They aren’t all bad. Some groups are friendly and once they make you friends of the pack or pard you’re their friend for life. Also, they try to keep what they are secret. If the truth got out, there really would be problems.” Lydia knew the vampires were talking about coming out of the coffin to the public.

Yasmin gets up out of her chair and walks over and curls up on Lydia’s lap. She just wanted Lydia to hold her.

up
252 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

More "behind the scenes" than

More "behind the scenes" than meets the everyday and normal eye. Yasmin is just now finding this out. I do believe her first meeting with many of these other "kinds" will indeed be most interesting, and hopefully she will become a friend to and of most of them.

Yasmin

I believe there is more to this young lady than meets the eye; still hoping for a dragon familiar thou :)