Help! My girlfriend is a Unicorn! Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Help! My Girlfriend is a Unicorn!

Chapter 4

I got through the first day back without any major difficulties. The people who would have said “hey” as I walked by before said “hey” as I walked by. Teachers hesitated for a second on my name like they were expecting a different name in that spot, but quickly that passed as well, and it seemed like as far as anybody at school was concerned I had always been a girl.

That said, I was glad I didn’t have gym this semester, as I was not ready to share a shower with a bunch of naked girls.

Finally, the last class of the day was done, and Melody and I walked home.

But before we got all the way to my house, Melody stopped, and said, “I think someone’s following us.”

“What should we do?” I asked.

In response, Melody grabbed my arm, and said something i didn’t understand. Next thing I knew, we were in her backyard.

“What the heck?” I gasped.

“Just a little magic. We’ll teach you how, promise.”

“So what do we do about whoever was following us? I’m assuming we cant just teleport every time.”

“I’ll ask my mom. But I think we’re gonna have to accelerate your magic training, just in case something comes up. In the meantime, if you see, hear or even feel something that’s not right, call me or come to me.”

“Okay. Well, I better go home, Mom’s sure to be wondering how my first day went.” I said.

Melody gave me a hug, and said, “Okay. Talk to you later.”

I quickly made my way home, a hundred questions running through my mind.

“Who would follow us? Was our cover as unicorns blown already? What could we do if it was?” I muttered to myself.

Once I got home, however, I tried to put it out of my mind and focus on my schoolwork. I had missed a couple of tests while I was ... indisposed, so I would have to make them up this week before I could really focus on the new stuff we were learning.

I had finished my homework and had supper when the phone rang.

I answered, and it was Melody.

“Good news!” She gushed.

“What?” I asked.

“Mom figured out who was following us. It was a sprite.”

“A ... sprite?”

“Kinda like a pixie or a fairy. Not dangerous, but sometimes curious. Probably felt the magic that changed you, and was investigating.”

“That’s good news, right?”

“Yep. Still, Mom’s gonna see what we can do to protect you and your mom from any prying eyes.”

“That means your mom is gonna have to spend magical energy, doesn’t it. I feel bad about how much manna I’m costing you guys.”

“We think you’re worth it.”

The next day before school Melody came over. I asked about the sprite, and Melody assured me it probably would move on quickly if it couldn’t track us.

“They are very curious, but they don’t have a lot of patience.” She said.

“Too bad, it might be fun to meet a sprite.” I said.

“Probably not. They are known for pulling some nasty pranks on occasion.”

“Another childhood love spoiled.” I said with a smile.

My lovely girlfriend grinned at me, and said, “So how was your first day in public as a girl?”

“Not bad, I guess, other than the whole being stalked by a magical creature thing.”

Melody pulled out three charms, and held them up for me.

“Yes, well these charms will help in that regard. This first one I want you to carry with you. It will fog your magical signature, making you almost impossible to track by magic. The second one is for your house. Once I place it over your fireplace, it will prevent any hostile magic user from being able to enter as well as protect the house from any magic attacks from outside. The last one is for your mom. It will protect her from any magic cast on her with hostile intent.”

“Thank you so much!” I exclaimed, and hugged her.

“You’re very welcome.” Melody said.

We hugged again.

“You ready for your second day at school as a girl?” Melody asked.

“Sure. The first day went well, being stalked by a sprite aside.”

“Good, but I should mention something. You may not have noticed, but there a few guys who were regarding you as ... possible dating material.”

“Say what!”To be continued ...

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

After a time, maybe she stays a girl

Hey hun, it goes with the territory. After all, Magic would not make an unattractive girl.

Karen

Dating?

Mom won't let me date until I'm 21!

giggles, Ray.

a dad would probably say not till you're 31!

DogSig.png

Or depnending how protective

Sammi's picture

Where's the nearest convent!!!


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Dating Material

I would love to me considered dating material

Love again Dorothy although I feel just around the corner
its not going to be this gentle as the story develops

Love

SamanthaAnn

I'm sure you're dating material

just got to find the right person.

As for being gentle, I'm going to try and keep the story light and fluffy.

DogSig.png

Girl?

I think he's coping really well for being thrust into this new body. How did his mind not freak out? Hope he doesn't fall for the quarterback .

Santacruzman

he's mostly still in shock

wait till it really hits her !

the quarterback might fall for her, but I think she's taken with Melody!

DogSig.png

Bonnie + Melody 4ever!!!!

laika's picture

This is where a pun would go about unicorns being horny-
but I do have some standards.

It would be sweet if Melody feels the same way, and they share that bond of having the same magic,
the same secrets. Quarterback Boy might not be so accepting, unless he was a werewolf or something.
~hugs, Veronica

I refrained, too.

It was really hard when I was trying to write a 'Bonnie lies over the ocean' filk that don't suck.

sparkly vampires SUCK!

laika's picture

Those sparkly vampires were pretty awful. So awful that the American Vampire League from True Blood filed a suit against the sparkly vampires from Twilight so that they couldn't use the word "vampire" in that franchise. Even Twilight Sparkle doesn't much care for them. The only sparkly vampire I ever liked was named Harmony, but she was a total airhead + evil + definitely no Angel.

Bonnie + Melody

The story has only had one kiss so far, more romance please. From what I've read they could possibly have 1000 years if they became a couple. How could you possibly say goodbye in death to someone after that long? If they did get together is there some way possible for them to have little uni's?

little unicorns?

well, with magic, I suppose anything is possible.

DogSig.png

Giddy up!

Hey Ms Dorothy,

Wasn't sure how her boy mind would deal with being a girl now. Taking really well it would seem. Have a feeling that some ole bad magi is heading to town soon. Where there are sprites, there could be magi.

Can't wait for the drama...

Warm regards,

Santacruzman

you want drama?

well, there is some coming, but I'm going to try and keep it mostly light in tone. It just seems to suit this universe better.

DogSig.png

"I'm going to try and keep the story light and fluffy!"

Says Dottie the devious one! Only two days back at school and your going to have the poor Girl dating "boys" already! I'm thinking Dottie's projecting her own girly nature on poor Bonnie! (Giggles). Loving Hugs Talia

I am not that girly !

You're thinking of Jaci !

DogSig.png

A Sprite?

TheCropredyKid's picture

They were being followed by a small British sports car?

 
 
 
x

giggles

there is a sports car called "Sprite"? giggles. I wonder if it comes in pink!

DogSig.png