Being Different Isn't So Bad Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

August was walking through the storage hangar where the parts for the German bomber were being stored along with the fighters from that era. Since, everyone had the day off today with pay. She wanted to explorer the old plane and see what it felt like to fly in these things. This one wasn’t going anywhere, but it wouldn’t hurt to explore.

August spends some time exploring. After about thirty minutes of goofing off. She starts walking back to the main hangar they use for their automotive business and lived in. She spots a black suv parked at the garage door. As she gets closer she notices a company logo painted on the side of the suv that read Blackwell Paranormal Investigation Agency. She spots a tall well muscular African American bald head guy dress in a black business man making him look like a member of MIB. He looked like Terry Crews from The Expendables movie.

“Hello, can I help you?”

“Yes, I was looking to book a round trip flight today from here to England and back if I could.”

“We normally don’t do transoceanic flights, but I think my sister might make an exception. Come on in and you can talk to her.” August opens the office door and lead him to the business office they use.

“I’m August Trenner my sister Rebecca runs the business. Please sit.” August indicate a nice leather seat in front of the desk.

“I’m André Blackstone.” André sits down in the nice soft leather chair. It was rather comfortable.

“Now, you would like to hire us for a flight from here to?”

“London, England and I would like to retain your services for four days if possible.” André Blackstone figures that should give his researchers enough time to investigate the disappearance of a young boy at Stonehenge before his parents.

“How many people and or equipment is going?” August was inputting the figures into the computer program Rebecca had written to figure everything out.

“Four passenger and one suv. We’re looking at about eight thousand pounds of weight with equipment.” André figures that was about the weight of the suv loaded with their equipment.

August puts the information into the computer system and waits for the results. She figures she’ll have to call Butch and Darren to see if they will be able to take the flight. The results finally appear on the screen.

“You’re looking at Two hundred seventy thousand dollars. That includes a four day stay and return flight.” August couldn’t see any one spending that much money on chasing ghost.

“Done. You do take credit card I presume?” As he was reaching towards his back pocket.

“Yes sir. We do.” August couldn’t believe it.

André hands over a black and gold credit card to August.

August follows Rebecca’s instructions to the letter and once the transaction has been approved she gets his signature.

“If you can sign here sir.” August hands his card back and get him to sign the agreement sheet.

“How soon can you be ready?” André was going to need three hours to get his people here.

“About two hours’ sir.” August figures it shouldn’t take long since the cargo plane they have can be fueled in no time.

“Let’s make it four hours then. That will give me time to have my team here.”

“Alright, we can be ready to go in four hours.” August stands up and shakes Mr. André’s hand.

“It’s been nice doing business with you sir.” August smiles at him.

“You too Mrs. Trenner.” André turns around August follows him outside to his suv. She watches as he climbs inside and once he pulls off. She heads back inside to call Butch and Darren.

August calls Butch and Darren and both said they be more than willing to take the job and for four days. They just wanted a little extra for being gone longer than normal.

August approves it, because it doesn’t affect their bottom line that much. She heads inside to find Rebecca.

“Becca, I just booked a flight to England for us for a client. He’s transporting a suv and four passengers for four days.” August was happy.

“What price did you give him?” Rebecca didn’t mind august doing this. This was what she wanted august to learn how to do.

“Two hundred seventy thousand dollars for four days from here to London, England.” August was proud of herself.

“That’s about our going rate. Who did you call to pilot the transport plane?”

“Darren and Butch. Since they have worked together before on a long flight for us. Plus, they will be here in an hour, but the client won’t be
here for four hours.” August already asked Darren and Butch to be here in an hour.

“Did they already pay?” Rebecca didn’t care.

“Yep! They have already paid and they were the ones to ask for the four-hour delay.”

“You did good sis. Now, if you will excuse me. I’m heading back to my bedroom.”

August walks over and just hugs Rebecca. She stands like that for a while just holding her adopted sister. She lets Rebecca go back to her
bedroom where Lev was waiting for her.

Rebecca stops and looks at August “I think I did good adopting you that day.” She smiles and heads into her bedroom.

up
264 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

opps

You need to make a small correction the first time she tells him it is 270,000 for the flight and when she tells Rebecca it was 270.00

Love the story!!!! =]

Sara

Thanks

You're right. I forgot the Thousand dollars. I think Rebecca would wonder why her receipts say one thing and August said another thing.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Something up, or legit?

Jamie Lee's picture

After Rebecca almost getting kidnapped, any lone vehicle arriving could be suspicious. Hopefully the flight to London is actually what the gentleman described.

Yes, Rebecca did good adopting August.

Others have feelings too.