Becoming Annabelle Lee Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

“GET YOUR SICK PERVERTED SELF OUT OF HERE NOW!”

Christian’s foster mother had come home and caught him dress as the actress from the movie Gun, Girls & Gambling. He had dressed up to look like an exact duplicate of the actress from the movie. He had sewn most of the costume by hand and practice speaking like her. He had gone around town collecting beer and soda cans from trash cans and took them to the recycling center. He had gone to repair shops and peoples house asking to clear away any trash or mess they had to collect scrap metal to buy what he was missing for the costume and for himself. He had even managed to get the guns she used in the movie.

He had brought his own women’s undergarments after being caught taking his foster mothers. The only reason she was a foster parent still was the money she was getting for every child she had in the house and right now that was the four other boys as well. Her husband had been the one that loved kids and after he died, she had kept to herself. The other boys that lived here with him were out with their friends or doing other things on their own.

He had managed to get the exact guns from the movie. He knew a guy that he could buy illegal weapons from. They were hidden under a leather jacket he had found at a thrift store.

“I SAID GET OUT NOW YOU PERVERT BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE.”

The reason his foster mother caught him at all was because he was trying everything on to make sure it looked good and fit properly. He was planning on going to go to a Halloween party at the end of the week.

Christian grabs his keys and his helmet off his desk along with the rest of his stuff. He just stayed dress like he was. He left the house and walked to where he had hidden his motorcycle. He had managed to buy the motorcycle cheaply. All the metal recycling he did had left him with some money. So, he spent the money to buy a used 2016 Honda CBR250R 2 Silinder. He registered the motorcycle under the name Annabelle Lee.

He secures his duffle bag and takes off into the night. He was glad he took his jacket because it was cold outside. Christian had no idea where he was going, but he didn’t want to stick around here any longer. He drives all night long and stops at a truck stop to get some breakfast and some coffee. He had hidden the guns in his duffle bag before he went inside. He got wolf whistles from some of the truckers as he walked through the truck stop to the restaurant portion. He made sure to walk just like the actress did during the movie. As he sat drinking his coffee and eating a blueberry muffin a tall well-built black hair guy comes walking up to him.

“Hey sweetie, what’s your name?”

He just smiles “Annabelle Lee, what can I do for you?”

“That depends sweetie. How much do you charge?” Eddie figures this woman has got to be a lot lizard, otherwise why would she be dressed like she is?

“Sorry, I’m not a hooker. If you’re looking for that, go away.” Annabelle sips her coffee.

The guy couldn’t believe what he was hearing from this blonde.

“Look, I’ll make it worth your time.” He was watching her lips as she took a drink of her coffee. He liked how they looked and wanted to feel how they felt on his penis.

Annabelle was getting tired of this and knew her heroine would never put up with it. She takes her fork and pokes him in the crotch with it so he could feel it pressed against his body.

“Now, why don’t you be a good little boy and go bother some other girl. Before I change your religion.” She gave the fork a little push to make her point.

The guy turns around and walks off. Annabelle watches him before finishing her muffin and try to think about what she wanted to do. It was taking a lot of effort to stay in character and she didn’t know where she was going to go. She finishes her breakfast and goes to the bathroom. She almost went into the men’s bathroom, but remembered how she was dressed and corrected herself. This wasn’t the first time she had been in a women’s bathroom, but it was the first time she had gone in dress like Annabelle Lee.

After she had freshened up and done her business. She walks back out to her motorcycle and put her helmet back on. She needed to get off the main highway and take the back roads. Annabelle checks her fuel gauge and heads off to take the truckers route. She drives till she an old pick-up broke down on the side of the road with a Native American woman having difficulties changing the tire. Annabelle pulls in behind the truck to see if she could help.

Dawn Running Rabbit had gotten a flat tire coming back from town with feed for her horses. She had been forced to pull over and had never changed a tire in her life. She heard a motorcycle coming towards her and was pulling up behind her truck. When she looks towards the rider, she notices that the person looked like the actress from the movie Guns, Girls & Gambling. She knew Halloween was only a couple days away, but this was something new.

As the woman took off her helmet, her face looked just like one of the main characters from the movie.

“Need help?” Annabelle gets off her motorcycle. A playful smile comes to her face when she notices the woman looking at her.

“Yes, are you the actress from the movie Gun, Girls & Gambling?” Dawn watches as the blonde-haired woman walks towards her.

“No, I just look like her. I wouldn’t mind being her.” Annabelle had stop a few feet from Dawn.

“Well, you could be her twin.” Dawn couldn’t believe how this woman looked.

“Thank you. I stopped because you look like you were having a problem changing your tire. I could help.” Annabelle kneels to look at the tire.

“If you don’t mind. I can’t get the lug wrench to turn to break the wheel bolts free.” Dawn knew how to change attire, but he bolts were on there tight.

“That’s easy. A friend of mine showed me a trick.

Annabelle picks the lug wrench up and put it on the bolt, since it was a four way it made things easier for her. Annabelle grabs one bar and put her foot on another bar and pushes down while pulling up to loosen the bolt. She loosens the other four the same way.

Dawn couldn’t believe it. She hadn’t known about that trick to loosen the bolts. She watches as the woman changes out the tire and re-tightens the bolts. She lowers the truck back to the ground.

“There all done.” Annabelle wipes her hand on a rag that had been laying on the ground near the tools.

“Thank you. Why don’t you come back to my place for some lunch as payment for helping me?” Dawn figures it’s the least she could do for the lady.

“Sure, thank you.” Annabelle figures since she didn’t have anywhere to be right now and she wanted to get off her motorcycle for a while. It would be a good opportunity for her.

Annabelle walks back to her motorcycle and puts her helmet back on and mounts its. She waits for Dawn to lead the way. Dawn drives to her house with the blonde hair woman following behind her on her motorcycle. After about two miles, she pulls into her driveway and parks the truck. She could hear the motorcycle behind her as it pulled in.

“If you can a wait a few minutes, I need to get the feed in the barn before it starts raining.” Dawn runs to go and get a wheel barrel from the barn to transport the horse feed she picked up to the barn.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Annabelle helps load up the wheel barrel with the feed and walks with Dawn towards the barn.

“You have a nice place here.” Annabelle had spotted four horses out in the field grazing.

“Thanks. My grandfather left it to me about a year ago. I never image that I would give up a promising career as a banker in Charlotte, N.C. to running my grandfather’s feed store here in Pembroke, N.C.”

“Well, I think you made a good choice. It’s peaceful and quiet out here. You don’t have all that hustle and bustle to wear you down or give you high blood pressure.” Annabelle was helping Dawn as she poured the bags into a large box freezer.

“True, but I never dreamed of it happening. How about you? Where are you heading?” Dawn closes the freezer and gathers up the bags to be burned later.

“Nowhere in particular. I just lost my job and where I was staying. The person I was staying with don’t want me living with them anymore.”
What Annabelle was saying was partially true.

Dawn looks at Annabelle and could tell there was more to it, but she wasn’t going to push it.

“Well, since you were nice enough to stop and help me change the tire and carry the feed from my truck to here. Why don’t you stay here and work at the feed store? I have a spare bedroom and I could use some help at the store and around this place. I can’t pay you more than minimum wage, but I won’t charge you much for rent either.” Dawn had a feeling she could trust this person, she may have her secrets, but she got a good vibe off this person.

Annabelle thought about it.

She looks at Dawn “before I accept your offer. What is your name? Mine is Annabelle Lee.”

Dawn blushes, during the whole encounter she never introduced herself.

“I’m Dawn Running Rabbit Quin. My family were traditionalist when it came to keeping our tribal name.”

“Dawn I don’t know how you feel about transgender, but if I’m going to accept your offer. I need to come clean with you. My birth Name is Christian Brian Smith and I’m transgender. I’m dressed like this because I was going to go to a Halloween party this Friday at a friend’s house. I didn’t lie when I told you I was asked to leave. My foster mother came home early from her bingo game and caught me dress this way. She hates gays, lesbians and transgender. She feels that they need to burn in hell. I’ll be 18yrs old within a year and more than likely be thrown out of the foster care system. I like who I am and I want to be just like the actress that played Annabelle Lee from the movie.” Annabelle, felt she needed to be honest with Dawn.

Dawn just stands there and stares at Annabelle and tries to image what she would look like as a male, but couldn’t.

“Thank you for telling me the truth. I personally don’t have a problem with you being transgender or as they say in my culture two soul, but just be careful. Also, I think the way you dress and act suits you Ms. Annabelle Lee. Why don’t you bring your motorcycle in here before we get some lunch? That way it won’t get rained on.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Annabelle follows behind Dawn as they walk back towards the house.

up
441 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow..

Nice going! Looking forward to more (:

Aurora

And....?

What happens next? It just seemed an odd place to end it. It was nice while it lasted.
Samantha

There's more coming

There's more coming soon.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Nice start to the story

That was an interesting start to the story an it shows a lot of promise. It kept me reading and it interested me in the personalities.
What does the future hold for Annabelle Lee? Watch this space.

This Story reminds me of

A reverse Wyoming by Malissa Madison as the start is very similar as well as the truck driving Native American
love to see more

Annabele Lee,

I hope we are just starting to know you. Don't change a bit.
Having a blonde bombshell working at a feed store should be interesting !

Karen

Shouldn't be foster parent

Jamie Lee's picture

That woman should not be a foster parent. Being in that position strictly for the money is just plain wrong. And the kids who stay with her will suffer.

Annabelle sound like a very independent person. Someone who won't put up with very much. But as Annabelle. But what type of person is Christian? Is he as independent? Does he too not put up with very much? How did he get into foster care?

Right now, she's found a place to stay and earn a paycheck. A place that seems safe. How long will this last before Annabelle has to move on?

Others have feelings too.

Re: Shouldn't be a foster parent

I agree with you 100% that some people shouldn't be foster parents. Sadly, this sort of thing happens more often than you might think.

I don't remember a lot of my early childhood, except for very brief bits and pieces, but I do know quite well about this sort of treatment. I went through somewhere between one and two dozen foster homes between late '66 and the middle of '73, and was in several of those homes as a way to get extra money. I know for sure I was starved a lot of the time, to the point I was severely underweight by December of '72.

A lot of what I remember from that time period was due to a scrapbook I had for several years, which was lost when the adoption ended.

Like Jamie Lee said here, Annabelle seems to have found a good place. I hope it stays that way for her.

Shouldn't be foster parent

Jamie Lee's picture

That woman should not be a foster parent. Being in that position strictly for the money is just plain wrong. And the kids who stay with her will suffer.

Annabelle sound like a very independent person. Someone who won't put up with very much. But as Annabelle. But what type of person is Christian? Is he as independent? Does he too not put up with very much? How did he get into foster care?

Right now, she's found a place to stay and earn a paycheck. A place that seems safe. How long will this last before Annabelle has to move on?

Others have feelings too.

Keep it up!

It's​ the start of a good story. Keep writing, it looks like you have a passion for it. That will get you through the tuff parts, dreaded writer's block, duh duh dun. You'll want to work on sticking to a "tense" I think it's called. This chapter seems to hop between past and present tense sometime. Almost all writers use past tense, like "he bought a ticket" instead of "he buys a ticket". Just an example from early in the chapter: "He secures [presents tense] his duffle bag and takes [present tense] off into the night. He was[past tense] glad he took his jacket because it was was[past tense] cold outside." Keeping it consistent helps the story flow smoothly. I don't want to discourage you, as you look like enjoy writing as much as we enjoy reading it, so please continue even if you ignore this. This was only mentioned to be constructive and help. Pleasant dreams