No Good Deed Goes Unpunished – 1 - Started in Central Park

Printer-friendly version


No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - 1 - Started in Central Park


By Jessica C


Chad was new to New York City, he came with three other guys from college, but he had separated from them for a while and now needed to get back to where they were meeting. He was on the wrong side of Central Park from where he wanted to be. Despite it being dusk he decides to run through the Central Park, instead of going around, hoping to come out near to where he should be. He’s a Midwest guy and a bit naïve about city life.

That night some six women had staked out in the park to nab a would-be rapist to make an example out of him. They each had communication devices and no one would be more than forty feet away from another. Armed with mace as well, nothing could go wrong.

=^_^=


He’s jogging through the park at a good pace on one of the secondary paths and not sure where he’s at or if he’s still going in toward their hotel. Chad hears a woman begin to yell. She sounded close but her voice went silent. Chad runs through a hedge and over a slight hill. There’s a guy on top of a woman squirming and fighting against him. The man just slugged her terribly hard and pushed himself into her. Chad yells and runs at the guy, the guy was in when he realized Chad had yelled. Chad runs and tackles him. The guy is bigger and prepared to fight. He bites Chad to get him to let go. He shoves and kicks to get away. He stands up and as he is running over the woman, and he kicks her head as he does.

Chad stays to help her, though she’s now struggling against Chad, thinking her attacker still has a hold of her. Soon five women are holding Chad down. Another seeks to comfort Kim. The women are holding Chad saying many disparaging things to him. No one’s listening to him and Kimberly has fainted.

Before Chad goes unconscious one of the statements he hears is, “You’re going to get what you deserve.” When he wakes Chad is hurting and he’s strapped down like a patient in a hospital.

He asks, “What happened is she alright?” Chad had awakened an hour earlier but just stared and did not respond to the women.

Addie asks, “Aren’t you going to ask about yourself?” She turns to another person, “He's trying to deny what he did to her.”

Chad asks, “Did I get to her in time? Did you catch the guy who raped her?”

Stephanie angrily says, “We didn’t see anyone else, but you’ll never rape any woman ever again.”

Addie says, “But you never know, maybe the next time someone is raped it might be you.”

Chad says, “It sounds like you got it all wrong. I stopped the guy. Untie me and let me sit up, and I’ll explain.”

=^..^=


A woman in a hospital garment comes to the table, she’s taking off surgical gloves, “You probably would like to run or make excuses. That is until you try to run and find out how much it hurts after surgery.”

Chad panics, “What happened, did I get hurt?” He tries to sit up but he hurts down by his legs, ‘You didn’t do that did you?” One of the women holds up a jar of flesh he doesn’t recognize.

“This is what should happen to every rapist. We intended to get to you before you got the dastardly deed done but something happened to Kim’s iPhone. Even if you might not have been the one who raped her, you deserve the same fate for helping.”

Chad says, “Ask this Kim, she’ll tell you.”

Steph says, “And I suspect it was the other guy who kicked her in the head as well. She’s in the hospital. If and when she wakes up; she might or might not want to see you, she might or might not even remember. You’ve raped one too many of our sisters.”

“We were out to stop you guys before another woman got hurt. I guess it isn’t as easy as we planned, but we got you. Now at least you’ll see life from the other side.”

=^_^=


Chad fades out from the surgery and it is another two hours before he wakes up again. He awakes, left in a basement, as he hears people coming down the stairs. “Don’t hurt me. I didn’t do anything wrong.”

It is not the women as he feared, but the police responding to a 911 call. The police officers try to act professionally and not laugh. One asks, “We’ve been told you were the man who raped Kim Hopkins.”

Chad says, “They got the wrong man, I stopped the rapist. Some women jumped me thinking I was the man. They beat me into submission and I fainted. When I woke I was like this.” Chad begins to cry like a scared boy. “Can a doctor put me back together? I shouldn’t be like this; I’m innocent of anything.”

There’s the sound of ambulance blaring outside as some others are coming into the house. A woman medic says, “Is this the one the vigilantes did a sex change on? ...It’s wrong but it's poetic justice.”

She hears Chad whimpering, “Darling, you might want to learn and change the pitch of your whimpering. I don’t have much time for a guy who whimpers when he’s caught.”

“You don’t understand, I’m innocent, I attacked and stopped the real rapist… Won’t anyone listen to me, Kim can tell you.”

One officer says, “You know the name of your victim. Did you know it before you attacked her?”

“She was on her back when she was slugged and then raped. I was too far away to help her. I was there next and I tried to get her to stop crying. I guess she thought I was the rapist. I knocked him off by tackling him, but he was bigger. We struggled and he bit me. It was as he ran away that he kicked her in the head.”

The woman paramedic said, “Why didn’t you stop him or go after him if that’s what you said happened?”

“I thought she needed me more.”

A police officer lifts a pair of jeans, “Are these yours?”

Chad says, “Yes, you’ll be able to tell from them I didn’t rape her.”

The officer turns the jeans around to show blood and the pants open at the zipper area. Chad yells, “That must be from when I held her. She had been hurt and must have been bleeding.”

Officer O'Toole asks, “You acknowledge that you were there when Kim was raped and you acknowledge these are your jeans?”

“Yes, but you have the wrong idea. Don’t you think I would have gotten away if I was guilty?”

“The caller says you did try to get her again or tried to get away. But…”

Chad says, “Those women stopped me and jumped to the wrong conclusion.”

O'Toole says, “Chad, you are under arrest for the rape of Kim Hopkins. You have the right to remain silent and anything you say can and will be used against you. Do you understand your rights…” Chad interrupts, professing his innocence.

O'Toole asks, “Can you identify the people who did this to you?”

“Yes, they were women. They said they were working together to catch rapists like me. They said, "I got what I deserved. The surgeon took off her gloves after she checked where I was hurt.”

“Was that before or after the surgery?”

Chad says, “It had to be afterward, ‘cause I wasn’t hurt down there when the rape happened.”

Another policeman says, “So you were there when she was raped?”

“Yes, but I wasn’t the one who raped her. I tried to stop him.”

“But you wanted to rape her that’s why your pants were open and had blood on them. You did want to rape her, didn’t you? Did you think she was attractive?”

“I wasn’t worried about how she looked, I just ran to find her.”

=^_^=


Chad was soon lifted onto a gurney and taken by the ambulance to a hospital. A woman doctor looked at him saying, “Other than giving her a regiment of antibiotics to make sure she has no infections; the surgery was well done.”

Chad says, “But can you reverse the surgery?”

She says, “I would not recommend anyone try that at this point. You need to heal from this surgery and allow the various tissue heal. If you do anything now; it is quite likely you would damage things beyond repair for now or in the future.”

“The surgery seemed very good, do you like how you look?”

Chad says, “My name is Chad, does my body look like someone who should be named Chad?”

Dr. Campbell says, “Would you want me to request one of our patient representatives look into how to change your name to reflect your present gender? Personally, I think you should take your time to heal. If you give yourself a chance, you will likely come to like the new you.”

“Nurse Denise, you have a good bedside manner with patients. I want you to stay with… Chad. ...is there a name you’d be more comfortable being called?”

“Cynthia, Cynthia Brock,” Chad says. Chad surprised himself in saying that, despite having thought about it.

Dr. Campbell says, “Denise please stay with Cynthia Brock and care for her today. If you’re up to it, make it a twelve hour or double shift. She is quite vulnerable at this time. Remember you are a medical nurse and that her wellbeing is your primary duty. Your responsibility is not to help the police or other law officials. We are not judging her to be guilty that will be for others to decide.”

Chad’s face softens, “Thanks, it will be a welcome change to have someone to care about me. Would it be possible to get something to eat?”

Dr. Campbell says, “Denise will help you to order. There are a few things on the menu you might not want to put through your urinary tract quite yet. Would you be open to wearing a nightshirt or nightgown? They would be easier in keeping any modesty as you get up and move around. I strongly recommend you be sitting up and then walking around. You do not want adhesions to be setting in around your surgery area.”

Denise speaks up, “I would suspect you’re about a size 12 and could easily work your way down to a size 10, even an eight.”

Chad began to say, “Why would I want to do that? …Sorry, I know you’re only trying to help me, but I never thought I’d get to see me as a girl, let alone a smaller clothes size.”

Denise waits until others are all gone, with the exception that there is a police officer outside my door. She says, “The way you spoke before. It made me think you’ve imagined yourself some time to be a woman, am I correct?”

Cynthia says, “When we’re younger doesn’t everyone at some time imagine they’re a person of the opposite sex. My mother told me it was normal but that I’d grow out of it. She did get worried because she said I wasn’t trying hard enough to be me.

“I liked baseball and swimming but not the rougher sports.”

Denise and Cynthia get into conversations and it becomes known that Cynthia is who Chad imagined as his female self. It was after Denise’s extended shift that she asked. “Would you like me to paint your fingernails and toenails?” Denise signed out as a nurse and came back to do Cynthia’s nails. It was now into the second day that Cyndi was in the hospital and four days since the incident.

Dr. Campbell came in the next day to check in on Cynthia, “It looks like you have relaxed and become comfortable with being a woman for now. How was your night and having Nurse Denise?”

“It was surprisingly good and having Denise helped me to relax and become comfortable. I had not planned on talking about being a woman, but we did. It made it easier to consider that I may never be able to be a man again. That is for the immediate future at least…”

To be continued…

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Curious

I he under arrest or not?
Seriously, the girl that was almost raped could testify if she is not unconscious.

But ... as things are he will certainly go to jail and to a male jail at that.

The tale in real life would be:
Go to jail as a rapist => be raped in any jail either by female or by males => probably die of some disease or kill himself.

Or => parents, friends and etc come to testify => it is established that he just got into town that day => either the girls wake up or other evidence like the fact that the rapist got into her but Chad is free of stains frees him.

Most likely => his tale is possible and the blood is circunstancial evidence => the victim can`t recognize the rapist => he is certainly NOT the serial rapist since he was not in the city => he goes free but many people will still think that he is a rapist.

Anyway, please clarify this point: is he still accused of rape or not?

Answers

Guard on door - he's still under arrest. Obviously Kim is not conscious yet or if she is can't remember. As I doubt the storyline is going to be about going to prison (though it would be interesting) I suspect she will clear Chad and then the fun begins. The vigilantes go on trial and Cynthia is all over the news.

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Vigilante

licorice's picture

these Vigilante's are pretty stupid as even if he is the serial rapist (which he's clearly not) what they did is extremely illegal and also extremely dangerous and time consuming. They have probably left DNA evidence absolutely all over the place. Even if Chad/Cynthia didn't want to press charges, the police still would because again: what they did is extremely illegal.

At minimum their surgeon would be losing her licence in a huge way, and that's bare minimum.

Was semen found in Kim or on

Was semen found in Kim or on her body? If the women had bothered to actually listen, instead of taking justice into their own hands, they would have had Chad arrested and then his bodily fluids would have been checked against what was found in or on Kim. Each and everyone of these women needs to be caught, arrested, tried and convicted on several charges. 1) Felony Sex Abuse of Chad; 2) sexual assault and Battery in the First Degree (Felony) of Chad, 3) Sexual Disfigurement of Chad (Felony) 4) Destroying another persons life ( Courts can decide that level)
5) Vigilantism, 6) Unlawfully taking the law into their own hands, 7) Felony Kidnapping 8) Felony False Imprisonment, 9) Felony medical procedures NOT REQUESTED by Chad. There may be others I have not thought of, the courts should. Based on all these charges, all the women SHOULD spend copious amounts of time in prison without chance of parole, or at least 75 years before allowed to request parole.
They DO NOT need to be out and about on "the mean streets of NYC".

A device to start the story?

I know the rape is just a device to start the story. The question is. "Does that make it any less credible?" I suggest not, " Remember Lorena Bobitt?." She operated rather crudely on her husband with a quick slash of a knife. Did that make her right?

In some respoects this story offends my sense of justice because it is plausible. Mistakes happen and yes its unlikely that there will be enough forensic evidence to convict him but its not impossible if the eveidence of the real rapist is either missing or just not collected. Law enforcement has too many examples where the work is not done when the investogators think they have a slam dunk. Its a good thing it wasnt the death penalty.

I too am a believer in reciprocity so what is Jessica going to do to the vigilanti's in the rest of the story? Is Chad going to be declared an innocent or are they getting away Scott free?

Fortunately judging from this chapter it would appear the Cynthia/Chad may be e beneficiary of this miscarriage of vigilanti justice.

that's the problem with

that's the problem with vigilantes they tend to act before thinking. by the time they get to that mindset their convinced that what they are doing is the only to solve the problem.
like the Clint Eastwood movie Hang'em High
mob mentality really sucks

Puzzling ....

I can't guess which way this story is going!
Is it a hate story about rapists?
Or about Vigilantes?
Or about jump-to-an-easy-conclusion Police?
Or the extraordinary acceptance by Chad-Cynthia of his enforced transition.

CC seems to be able to speak and be coherent within minutes of surgery; his rather minimal statement “When we’re younger doesn’t everyone at some time imagine they’re a person of the opposite sex. My mother told me it was normal and that I’d grow out of it. doesn't seem enough to make him so willing.
Let's see how the story goes.
Thanks anyway
AP

I hope SOMEONE

Samantha Heart's picture

Listens to Cyntha she was an incentive victim in this case. She TRIED to stop the attack instead he (now she) gets attacked by the vigilante women & turned into a woman.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

This is why New Yorkers don't get involved.

It could have been worse, they could've taken a kidney! After all, this is Central Park NYC.
Interesting, a vigilante SRS group. ( Here I am, over here)

Karen

Guilty before the trial

Jamie Lee's picture

The problem with people taking the law into their own hands is that they usually make a big mistake. Those woman made a judgement before all the evidence was in and punished an innocent man.

All can be brought up on charges should Chad be able to identify them, as they should. They had no right to operate on Chad, they should have restrained him instead, until the truth could be obtained.

One woman believes all men should have this done to them, she needs put in a psych ward.

So, because of this error, instead of getting the real rapist, they got an innocent man instead. The next woman he rapes will be their fault.

Others have feelings too.

How does this story...

come to a happy conclusion? Man accused of rape, tried and convicted without evidence, with sentence carried out by a bunch of nutcases with knives.

The rape scene, even though it is not graphic, and the false accusation are enough to put up a hard stop on this for me.

DNF.