WildFire Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Sasha had woken-up early and was drinking her coffee and reading the news on her tablet. When she notices, Rose waking up.

“Morning sleepy head.”

Rose looks around trying to get her bearings. She remembered crying herself to sleep after telling Sasha what happened to her, but she couldn’t figure out how she had gotten into Sasha’s bed.

“Morning.”

Rose stumbles out of Sasha’s bed and notice she was wearing a nightshirt that came down to her ankles. It was just a plain purple nightshirt.

She walks over to the kitchen area and sits down in a chair on Sasha’s right hand side.

“Not a morning person I take it?”

Sasha gets up and grabs a juice glass out of the cabinet and set it down in front of Rose. She fills it up with the same juice she gave Rose last night and sets a small bowl of fruit out for her.

“Eat.” Sasha points to the small bowl of fruit.

Sasha puts a fork on the table for her as she sits back down in her seat.

Rose takes a bite of a mango piece and chews it while watching Sasha.

Sasha goes back to reading her tablet while watching out of the side of her eyes at Rose to make sure she ate the small bowl of fruit.

“Sasha, what am I going to wear? The clothes I wore yesterday smell like cleaning fluids.”

Rose takes a sip of the juice.

“Don’t worry about it. Dusk is bringing over some outfits she wants you to try on since you’re going to be in the band now. She brought you
fresh clean underwear and a new bra. I sent your measures over to her last night. So, everything should fit properly. Dusk has some new shoes for you to try on and wear when you are performing and for everyday use.”

Sasha refills her coffee cup.

“Do you drink coffee?”

“Yes ma’am.”

Sasha gets up and grabs a coffee mug that has bumble bees flying around on it.

“I figure you might like this one, considering it fits your name.” A playful smile appears on her face.

Rose got the joke. Since her name was Rose and bumble bees pollinate flowers, especially roses.

“Here’s the coffee and there is cream and sugar.” Sasha points to the two containers in the middle of the table.

“Here’s a spoon to stir with.” Sasha places a spoon down next to the coffee mug.

“Thank you.”

Rose makes her coffee and adds cream and sugar to it. She watches as Sasha sits back down in her chair. She notices that Sasha was still wearing her nightshirt.

The two of them sits in silence. Sasha reading her tablet and Rose eating the small bowl of fruit and drink her coffee occasionally. When Sasha was finish reading the news article she had been paying interested in. She puts her tablet down and looks over at Rose.

“Rose, for you to be able to tour and perform with us. We would either need permission from your guardian or one of us would have to become your guardian and give permission. Also, you need to be in school and have the school’s permission to perform. Now you’re lucky that Jack of Hearts has a Studio teachers license. The other way around this is for you to take the GED and pass it. Now the way I see it, is that the best solution to this problem is for one of us to be your guardian. Me, Siren and Dusk have volunteer to do this for you. Who you want to stay with will be your choice.”

Sasha was watching Rose to see if maybe she was moving too fast for the poor girl. She had seen what rape can do to some women and how it made them feel they deserve it or were asking for it. Sasha knew that rape was a means to control and dominate someone. The problem is, it had come from someone that Rose had trusted. That trust had been broken and had scarred her. Now was the question could she trust someone like that again.

Rose so wanted to sing with her idols and wouldn’t mind being the adopted daughter of one, but was she ready to give up her new-found freedom and would the state her aunt and uncle lived in agree to let her go?

“I would like to do as you said, but I can’t afford a lawyer or anything to fight my aunt and uncle.”

Rose was ready to cry. It was taking everything she had to hold the tears back.

“Come mere Rose.”

Sasha holds her arms out for her.

Rose walks over and climbs onto Sasha’s lap. She feels Sasha’s arms wrap around her body and hold her.

“You let me worry about your aunt and uncle. One of my older sisters is a very good lawyer. They won’t know what is happening to them by the time she gets done with them.” Sasha strokes Roses hair and hold her against her body as if she had been her baby.

“Let the party start!” Dusk walks in with her hands filled and pulling a clothes rack behind her.

She was dress all in gothic attire today.

Rose nearly jumps off Sasha’s lap when she heard Dusk’s voice.

“I knew I shouldn’t had given you my spare key to my place.”

Sasha had a playful smile on her face as she continues to hold Rose on her lap.

“Ah, isn’t this cute. Mommy holding her baby.”

Rose’s cheeks turn beet red as she buries her face against Sasha’s shoulder.

Both Sasha and Dusk bust out laughing. Sasha places a kiss on Rose forehead and rub her back.

“Come on Rose. You’re going to be teased by us sooner or later. Just remember if we didn’t like you, we wouldn’t tease you. Now come on and get off mommies lap and let’s see how you look in some of these outfits.”

Sasha sticks out her tongue towards Dusk. She release Rose so she can get down and try on some of the outfits Dusk brought with her.

up
248 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

that went off the rails

Sadarsa's picture

lmao oh wow did that culminate into something weird...

" Since her name was Rose and bubble bees pollenate flowers, especially roses"
is what you wrote, but what i read was
"Since her name was Rose and bubbles and bees pollenate flowers, especially roses"
i was like... Huh?!
but yeah... BUMBLE bee hehe

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Still need to have someone edit.......

D. Eden's picture

Or at least proofread your own work.

The plots are good, and the writing in itself is good - but the syntax errors, the mis-spelled and incorrect words, and the altogether incongruent phrases not only make it difficult to read, but take away from your story. Your work could shine through so much more with a little work.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Spelling mistake

Thank you. I thought I had spelled it right, but it looks like I just skimmed over the proof reading. I should had caught that. Thank you.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

so cute

My5InchFMHeels's picture

That last few paragraphs brought a endearing smile to my face, completely adorable.

Would the authorities believe her?

Jamie Lee's picture

Now that Rose is with people who care about her and are willing to support her, would the authorities believe her if she filed charges against her uncle?

Sasha already has a lawyer lined up, and they plan on making her aunt and uncle heads spin, but would she be believed? Likely the Uncle would deny everything, and likely they would fight to get Rose back, so if the State didn't grant her her freedom she'd have to fight the System to stay with Sasha and the band.

Others have feelings too.

Harpies

To live and write under the stress of constant corrections and criticism.. You have a strong personality to continue writing with this constant harping.

alissa

Bee

It was cute.. get over it.. lol

Yeah, great move

“Come on Rose. You’re going to be teased by us sooner or later. Just remember if we didn’t like you, we wouldn’t tease you." Yeah, nothing like teasing a sexually-molested rape victim. That will certainly make her feel better. It's like a mental beating. Certainly proves how much they like her. Having been in Rose's shoes myself, being teased, even if it is "well-intentioned", is just like having one of the sticks propping you up knocked out from under you. Those sticks are hard to come by and the loss of even one might be enough to drop you back down in into your little private hell.

That's my opinion.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin