The Life Of An Angel Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Angel peeks in on the girls she brought home yesterday. Both were sound asleep and curled up with their teddy bears that she had recovered at their place yesterday. Angel had managed to call her Aunt Rachel to come and help her with the girls, since she was on her motorcycle. Rachel had shown up in her new Dodge Charger and drove her where the girls lived. Angel couldn’t believe the conditions those two girls had been living in. Roaches everywhere, moldy food in the refrigerator, dirty dishes in the sink. Unwashed clothes all over the place. No power, used needles, empty alcohol bottles and cans scatted throughout the place. The smell along in the place had nearly choked her.

Angel had taken her cell phone and took pictures of everything. She had also let the girls get anything they treasured to take with them back to her parent’s house. D.A. and Angie had done the same thing to her when they got back from Sturgis. They had let her take anything that had emotional value to her back with her. She had looked around the place and found who the girl’s parents were. There was a lock box that had their birth certificates and other items that identify their father and mother in it.

Angel found out that their father had died while serving in Pakistan. He had been killed by an enemy sniper bullet. She could understand how losing someone you love could affect their mother.

Once the girls had what they wanted to take with them. They stopped and picked up her sister from school since it was on route and dropped her off at the motorcycle shop. Rachel took her back to get her motorcycle and followed her back to her parent’s place. They had taken the girls inside and gave each girl a bath and let them play for a while in the tub.

Angel washed everything they brought back so it would be cleaned for the girls and made sure there were no bugs among their things. She washed their teddy bears four times so it didn’t have any smell or germs in it. Angel wasn’t taken any chances with the girl’s health. She made sure to take pictures of any marks, bruises on the girls. She did find some light bruising on Sammy’s arm where it looked like someone had grabbed her hard.

Rachel told her that she just made Captain a week ago. Angel had forgotten that Rachel was on the police force. When she first came to live with Angie and D.A. Rachel was going through the police academy. Clair worked at City Hall as the assistant Mayors secretary.
Rachel also informed her that they were expecting their first baby. Her older brother had volunteered to donate sperm to get Clair pregnant, since she couldn’t have kids. Rachel wouldn’t have mind carrying a baby, but Clair was more of the girly, girl so it suited her more. Clair was eight months along and couldn’t wait for the baby to be born. Rachel shows her pictures of the various stages of Clair’s pregnancy. She looked like she had swallow a huge beach ball while it was still blown-up.

Angel was so happy for her aunts. She knew they would make good parents. After all, they helped D.A. and Angie raise her. After Rachel left and the girls were done with their bath and in some clean clothes. She let them watch some television in the living room, while she started on dinner for everyone. She could watch them from the kitchen, like her mother’s use to do her. While the food was cooking, Angel calls Helena and setup an appointment with her tomorrow for the girls to get checked out.

When her parents got home and she introduce the girls to her mothers and they had already met her sister. Angel waited till the girls had gone to bed before explaining everything to D.A. and Angie.

Which brings Angel thoughts back to the present. She takes a sip of her coffee and continue to watch them.

“They still asleep?” Angie had notice her daughter looking in on the girls. She had notice a changed in Angel last night when she watched her tuck the girls in and read them a bed time story. It was like her maternal instincts were surfacing.

“Yes ma’am. Their appointment with Helena isn’t till this afternoon. She had to rearrange her schedule to fit me in. Which I’m glad she did. I would rather have someone I know extremely well and who had looked after me to look after the girls. I hope I make a good mother to them. I want them to have the same type of loving relationship I have with you and mommy D.A. to have with me and Carol. I talked to her last night and told her that I’m filing for custody for the girls. I want her to be part of their life, just like I want her to be part of mine. I know I just got back and haven’t settle down yet, but I think Carol is the one. We already know a lot about each other from our emails and text messages. She knows about my past and doesn’t hold it against me.” Angel just kept her eyes on the girls.

“Well, I know you’ll make a good mother. If you don’t you’ll have the whole MC to deal with and me and your mother as well. Also, you have a good support group behind you. I know you’ll be the mother they deserve. Oh, by the way. You’re Uncle Jake and I spoke yesterday and when you’re ready to come to work. Let me know. He has agreed to let you work there like you did when you were little, except you’ll be full time.” Angie had managed to get her older brother to let Angel work at the shop.

Angel turns around and hugs her mother “thanks mom.”

“You’re welcome sweet heart.” Angie returns the hug. She loved both her girls. The question now is. Is she and D.A. ready to be called grandma?

up
223 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Grandma!

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Most aren't ready for the title... But speaking from experience, one look at my 1st grandkid was all I needed to be ready.

grandma

I'm not grandma but grandpa 12 times. It make sick how someone can tweet children this way. At some point I hope they thefind mother she needs help. If their was kill in action the should of went the Va. She could of got a check for the kids and her self.

At 56 I am still not ready!

D. Eden's picture

Many of my employees and co-workers who are younger than me are already grandparents, but there is no way that I am ready to be a grandparent yet. My wife keeps asking me what I want to be called when we have grandchildren. I really have no idea, or preference either.

My sons all still call me "Dad", and I'm alright with that. I basically told them to call me whatever they were most comfortable with. When they have children of their own, I will probably ask them what they think.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

So this mother, if she is

So this mother, if she is still alive and around, has blown through her deceased husband SGLI (Servicemembers Group Life Insurance) which can be as much as $400,000; plus the death gratuity which is $150,000 and paid on top of the SGLI. I think I would be doing some checking, with the Military to see what arrangements for the two girls had been made by their father, over and above the one for the mother. Angel and D.A. just may be surprised.

Really protective

Podracer's picture

but alert too, Angel. Who knows what an unstable ex-mother could do. I know she rescued the girls, but doesn't what she did look like kidnapping? An almost certainly addict female could look at this as a way to get money using the kids for ransom. Or the other way of looking at it, is the girl's bio-parent worth saving? We don't really know her story.

"Reach for the sun."