Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Cara’s plane had finally landed in Casper, Wyoming. Her brother-in-law Seamus had gone to get their bags, while she waited for Jack to show-up. The flight had been long and uncomfortable for her. It had been five years since she had flown back to the states. She had stayed in Ireland even after Jack’s father had died. She loved the emerald Isle and couldn’t image leaving it. She knew if she wanted to see her grandchildren in person, she was going to have to come to them.

She finally spots Jack walking towards her. She notices he was wearing his favorite cowboy hat. He was nothing, but a walking mountain of muscles like his father had been. It was the Irish in them that gave them their huge stature.

“Jack my boy, it’s good to see you.” Cara gives her boy a motherly hug.

Jack hugs his mother back. He could tell she missed him from her hug. He looks around for his Uncle Seamus.

“Where’s Uncle Seamus?” Jack was scanning the crowd looking for his Uncle.

“He went to get our bags, so you can get them loaded on the Lear.” Just as she finishes that statement. She spots him walking towards them.

“Here he comes now.” Cara points out Seamus.

Seamus comes walking up with a cart trailing behind him. He notices that his nephew Jack had finally showed up.

“Jack good to see you lad. How are things on the homestead?” Seamus gives jack a good shake.

“They’re fine Uncle. The girls don’t know you are coming so it will be a surprised to them.” Jack wanted to surprise the girls and asked Selina not to say anything.

“I can’t wait to meet them. I’ve seen the pictures your mother had of them. They are beautiful young things.” Seamus had been told the history of the girls by Jack’s mother and felt sorry that they had to go through something like they did.

“Well, I know they are going to love meeting you guys finally. So, let’s go and get you loaded up in the Lear and get home.” Jack will be happy to get home. The business meeting, he was in yesterday wasn’t good. It concerned him some.

A couple hours later the Lear touches down on the runway on the ranch. The hummer was still sitting where he had left it. He could see

Chaos waiting by the hangar. Once the Lear comes to a complete stop. Jack gets up and unloads all the luggage and help his mother and
Uncle Seamus down and over towards the hummer.

Uncle Seamus looks towards Chaos “Boy, is he big. I see no rancher out here has shot him yet.”

“They can try Uncle Seamus. Chaos is very clever. By the time a rancher has notice him, the rancher would be dead.” Jack ruffles Chaos fur.

“Well, I remember when you had him and trained him. He is one of the meanest pets you have ever had.” Cara remembers when Chaos use to be a puppy. He was big even then.

Jack drives the Hummer back towards the house and after he parks. He brings his mother and Uncle inside the house to his office where the girls were doing their assignments. Jack had arranged for them to take online courses. Julia was taking advance classes in English, science and math. Gina was taking advance biology and chemistry, along with three different math’s. The girls could already speak, French, Russian, Spanish and Gaelic like a native. Jack was going to have a friend of his teach the girls how to read, write and speak Arabic and Sand script. Plus, Portuguese. He knew several people that spoke the language.

“Girls, look who came to see you.” Jack steps aside so the girls could see who was behind his back.

Julia and Gina turn around when they hear their father’s voice and notice their grandmother and Uncle Seamus.

Both girls get up and run towards them. “Grandma!”

Jack stands back while the girls hug their Uncle and Grandma. They might not have met their grandmother in person, but they have talked with her over the internet. Both girls had become relax with their Grandmother and Uncle.

Selina comes walking in with a tray with refreshments on it and set it down so everyone could help themselves. She was happy to see the girls happy and to see Mrs. Bounty again. She hasn’t seen her since Jack got married.

“Selina, can I speak with you privately for a minute please?” Jack backs out of his office and walks towards the kitchen, where he knew they wouldn’t be heard.

Selina had followed Jack into the kitchen. She wonders what was up.

“I was informed on Thursday during my meeting that my name has been mention a few times in communications originating from South America. Call me paranoid, but I need for you to be extra careful and on guard. We might be getting some unexpected guest.” Jack wasn’t taking any chances. The information that had been passed to him had come from a reliable source.

“I will sir. Do you think someone might be stupid enough to attack you here at your own home?” Selina couldn’t believe someone would be dumb enough to attack someone with Jack’s reputation. Most of his enemies knew that to attack his home was inviting death to your doorstep. Jack wouldn’t hesitate retaliating by delivering a nuclear bomb to their doorstep or show up himself and take their head. He was known in the Intelligence and Special Forces community as the Devil’s Bounty Hunter.

“They may be that stupid, Selina. Which will be their first mistake. Their second will be coming after me and my family. Sometimes stupid people need to be removed from the gene pool.”

“Load help me if I ever get on your bad side.” Selina just shakes her head.

“You have nothing to fear Selina. I fear you and my mother more than I did my wife.” A playful smile appears on his face.

up
256 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm, based on the last few

Hmmm, based on the last few comments from Jack and Selena, I am wondering if the wolves just may a new meal course coming soon, as they get to chow down and munch on a few assassins?

Nice thing about these morons

Jamie Lee's picture

Perry is a very confident gun for hire. But it's possible he's never gone up against a man like Jack.

Ah well, he'll soon take that chance, a chance which will be the last thing those on that team ever do. Then the gene pool will have been thinned.

Others have feelings too.