Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Jack had been watching Julia as she stood by the fence watching him and his friend Alex spar. Her recovery had been progressing greatly since she has been seeing Dr. Bailey. Gina on the other hand was still having a hard time, but she was getting better. At Julia’s request and Dr. Baileys suggestion he had Julia’s breast reduce so they weren’t putting too much pressure on her spine and made her look and feel a little bit more normal. After he watches Julia turn and walk away from the fence with Sphinx next to her. He stops sparring with Alex.

Alex looks at his old friend and then over towards Julia as she walks away and over towards the barn. He was surprised the day Jack had brought the girls to the ranch. He had asked him to research their background and see if he could locate any of their relatives. Once he had research their background and located their relatives. He gave the information to Jack and let Jack deal with them.

“How are the girls doing Jack?” Alex picks up his towel and Jack’s and toss it to him.

Jack catches the towel “Both are doing better. Julia still has nightmares from the torture and rape she went through and Gina is still afraid of the dark and doesn’t like to be in areas that make her feel enclosed. The only time she feels safe is when she is holding my hand or having Cadmus with her.”

“I still can’t get over the fact that you’re a father now. I figure after April died you weren’t going to start a family and settle down.” Alex knew Jack’s wife before she died. They had gone to school together and worked a few cases. Jack had been away doing a job for MI 6 when a drunk driver ran his wife over while she was giving a speeder a ticket on the side of the Highway. April had been a highway patrol officer for Montana. They had been married for five years and were talking about starting a family when she was hit.

“I couldn’t let those girls go Alex. Not after what had been done to them. They needed a family and someone to love and protect them. April would had wanted me to take those girls in and care for them. Also, you see how Sphinx and Cadmus take to them. Those two wolves don’t take to people like they do to those two. Also, you should had seen what that sick fuck had been doing to them. I wish I hadn’t killed that bastard and his men as quickly as I did. I would like to see how he would like the torture I would put him through.” Jack wipes his face with his towel.

“After what you told me Jack about the conditions you found the girls in. Me and Robert would had join you. I know Robert would had skinned them alive with his machete. Did you ever track down the scientist of that bio-chemical company?” Alex knew his husband would had skinned the men alive. The two of them had been talking about adopting children or asking Debbie or Denise to be a surrogate mother for them.

“By the time, I tracked down where the scientist that experimented on them and his wife had fled too. Someone, had already beaten me too them. I don’t know who or which agency did it, but I have a feeling it was very personal. I don’t believe the cover story that was told about a gas line eruption. It doesn’t fit or make sense. The man was careful and always brought the best systems. It doesn’t fit his psychology make-up. Someone had to have a hand in their death. I don’t care who or why they did it, but I hope they made the bastard suffer first.” Jack had seen the house for himself and did a little digging into the scene or what was left of it. MI 6 had done a good job in training him and plus, he had seen other arson jobs like it.

“You never said what brought you to the mansion you found the girls at.” Alex looks at Jack as he finishes drying off.

“The bastard the girls were slaves to had Cartel connections and was laundering their money through his various businesses. My bosses at M I 6 wanted me to gather information about their drug route and eliminate him and any one associated with him. So, I tracked where the route started and follow it to where the drugs were arriving at and put a stop to it. I made sure the Cartels knew someone was out to stop them. I just wish I knew what that fucker had been doing to the girls sooner. I could had shown him what it felt like. The bastard got off easy with me eliminating him. All his valuables that he had there at his mansion. I took and put them into a trust for the girls so when they get older they can have access to it. Till then, they are my children and I’ll get them whatever they need.” Jack finishes drying off.

“Aren’t you worried that the FBI, Homeland Security or CIA will find out that you’re doing work in the United States?” Alex knew sooner or later someone in either of the three agencies is going to bust his friend.

“Let them. I have enough dirt on some of their off the book jobs that if it got out to the public. That certain congress member’s heads would start rolling on Capitol Hill. Not only that, I have done a few jobs for them when they couldn’t send their own people to do the job.” Jack Bounty had files on them that he could black mail them for years.

“You’re playing a dangerous game my friend. Still, you know me and Robert have yours and the girls back if you ever need us.” Alex had come to see Jack as a brother and the girls as his and Robert’s nieces.

“Thanks Alex. I do appreciate that. However, you still need to work on your fighting skills. You still leave your left side wide opened.” Jack just smile as he starts walking towards the house. As he is walking, he notices the girls riding their horses under the watchful eyes of their instructor and aunt.

“So, Jack. Did you restock-up on that Belgian beer you love so much?” Alex hope so. He liked that amber beer.

“Yep, I stocked up on the bottles and several kegs. I know how much you and Robert like it.” Jack heads into the house through the back door with Alex following behind him and over to the refrigerator to grab a few bottles of beer for him and Alex. He notices Selina has already started making lunch from the look of things. They were having salad, burritos, Mexican rice and tacos for lunch.

Jack hands Alex one of the beers he took out.

“Thanks.” Alex opens it and starts drinking.

“You’re welcome.” Jack opens his own and heads out of the kitchen so Selina won’t jump on him for being in her territory and to his office.
Jack looks around for Chaos and wonders where he could be. He knew Sphinx and Cadmus were outside watching the girls as they rode their horses.

Alex looks around as well. He knew Chaos was normally in here in Jack’s office or outside patrolling the property. Just as Jack and Alex were about to sit down. Chaos comes walking in and over towards his favorite rug. No matter how many times Alex sees Chaos, he is still amazed at how big the wolf is. He has never seen a wolf as big as Chaos. Sphinx and Cadmus were smaller than Chaos, but bigger than your average wolf. He knew that Jack breed wolves and trained them to be drug dogs and military attack dogs.

Jack and Alex drink a few more beers before Selina lets them know lunch is ready. The girls had already come in and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. Debbie had come in as well to have lunch with Jack and the girls. Debbie was April’s younger sister and rode in the rodeo circuit. She had help Jack to pick out the right horses for the girls. She knew Jack himself already had four Mustangs and two Arabian’s before they went and brought the girls their horses. Now he has added three Andalusian Horses to his herd. Jack had told her about the girl’s background and asked her if she wouldn’t mind helping him teach Julia and Gina how to be proper young ladies.

Everyone gathers in the dining room and take their spots around the handmade dining room table. Jack had made it for his wife for their five-year anniversary. The chairs he had found at a nice antique store that matched the style of the table he had built. So, he had brought them and strip them and then stain them to match the table. Once the food was on the table and everyone filled their plates.

“So, Debbie are the girls ready to join the rodeo yet?” Jack looked at Julia and Gina after he spoke.

Debbie looks at both girls “Not yet. Give me a few more weeks with them and they will be ready to join the rodeo if they want to.”
Debbie looks over at both girls and smile at them.

“Would you girls like to go to the movies tomorrow and then afterwards out to eat with Uncle Alex and Uncle Robert?” Jack watches his girl’s reaction. He knew Gina was still uncomfortable being out among people.

Julia looks over at her younger sister. She could see that she was a little scared.

“It’s alright Gina if you don’t want to go. We can stay here if you want to.” Julia wouldn’t mind going out to the movies and having dinner with Uncle Alex, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Robert.

“I’ll be there with you sweetie.” Jack knew his youngest daughter was still scared that someone would take her away.
Gina looks at her adopted sister and then over towards her adopted father and knew he would never allow anyone to hurt her ever again.

In a low quiet voice “I wouldn’t mind going daddy.”

“Okay sweetie.” Jack smiles at his youngest daughter. He was proud of her courage. She had been twelve-year-old when they had kidnapped her.

Jack knew Julia was only a year older then Gina. He also knew that Julia had it rougher then Gina. Still his youngest daughter was mistreated almost as bad as Julia. Her recovery was taking longer, but he is willing to do whatever he needs to do to help her recover.
The rest of lunch goes well and the girls help Selina do the dishes and clear the table. The girls head towards their bedroom and change into their swimsuits and out to the pool. Jack, Debbie and Alex had changed into their swimsuits as well and joined the girls out by the pool. Jack works with Gina, while Debbie and Alex works with Julia on her swimming technique. Jack is careful with Gina about touching her. Gina doesn’t like to be touched, but she was slowly over coming her fear. Jack finally gets Gina to relax and once she was relaxed in his arms, she started to having fun.

They spend a couple of hours swimming and playing in the water. Later in the evening, Jack gets out of the pool and fires up the grill to cook them some food. Selina goes into the house and makes a few side dishes to go with dinner. Debbie grabs the guys some beers while she makes sweet ice tea for herself and the girls.

Once the food is done everyone sits around outside around the pool and watch as the sun goes down and the stars start coming out. Gina had walked over and curled up on Jack’s lap and fell asleep. Julia had fallen asleep with her head-on Debbie’s lap. Jack carefully carries Gina inside the house and up to her bedroom and lay her down on her bed. He carefully undresses her and slip her night shirt on her. Once she was dress in her favorite night shirt. Jack tucks her in and watches as Cadmus jumps up on the bed and lay next to her.

“Night sweet heart.” Jack kisses her forehead and turns her bedroom light off and leave her door prop open. He knew she would freak out if the door was shut all the way.

up
244 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I would think in Gina's case,

I would think in Gina's case, that being able to actually go into a swimming pool would be one of the major things the doctors would be working within her mind. Especially if she was subjected to being submerged in a tube of water as has been explained earlier. Just being in an open pool, yet still having water going over your head, would seem to me the ideal way to relive her torture and that alone would "set her off" or "close her down" mentally.
A very interesting story to be sure and I do look forward to more chapters to it. Nice character build ups as well.

Gina's case

If Gina was by herself, your right she would freak out big time. However, she had Jack right there with her and she knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her. Plus, she could still see Cadmus. Gina and Julia are very dependent on their pet wolves. If people who the wolves didn't know came close to either of the girls, they would warn them first and if that didn't work. They would attack them. That's why they can't go to the mall with them or else where in public. When Jack allowed them to be taken to Dr. Bailey's office. They had to become accustom with her so she would be allowed to touch the girls if she had too.The girls know how to command them if they need too. Jack made sure of that.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Swimming would be a good

Swimming would be a good milestone for Gina.

Karen