Princess and the Plague: Erika's next Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version


Princess and the Plague:
Erika's next Chapter
15

by Anistasia Allread
313722-PartyintheHeavenLAYOUTMAHAHAIDER-1325172079-798-640x480.jpg

“That didn’t go very well.” Samantha approached.

“You were supposed to help.” Erika swung at Samantha.

“Sorry, but I don’t know what I could have helped with.”

“Leave me alone.” Erika sobbed. “I just need to be alone.”

“Where? We are at school.”

“Can I sit in your car?”

“It’s freezing out here.”

“I don’t care.”

Samantha handed her the keys. “Please lock it.”

Erika climbed into the back seat and curled into a ball and balled.

---

She was about to doze off when someone rapped on the window. Erika sat up and looked out to see Jake with a tight-lipped, hopeful smile.

“What do you want?” Erika’s eyes burned and she was congested.

Jake opened the door letting the freezing cold in. He slid into the back seat beside her.

“I heard that you were out here.” He stated. “I also heard that Tricia was in fetal position in one of the girl’s bathrooms.”

Erika wanted to cry again. The last thing she wanted was to hurt Tricia.

“Eggsnog.” Jake shook his head.

Erika smiled. She wasn’t feeling the laugh just yet.

“I Love Tricia.” Erika told Jake.

“Oh, I didn’t think we were going steady.” Jake grinned. “We were both feeling the eggsnog. You heard that Grace and I had something similar happen last year, didn’t you?”

Erika nodded.

“It was a bit awkward at first. You know, because our families are such good friends. But we just got over it. It has become one of those family stories that will come up when we are adults looking back at all of the dumb stuff we did.”

“But it sometimes hurts people.”

“I wasn’t going to tell anyone.” Jake told her. “What happens at Christmas parties, stays at Christmas parties. Or at least should.”

“I couldn’t know that.” Erika wiped her nose. “I didn’t want her hearing from anyone else.”

Jake nodded. “Totally understand. You know, it may hurt like hell now, and who knows how this may turn out, but you being honest with Tricia will one day be something special.”

“I don’t get it.” Erika looked at Jake.

“What’s that?”

“How can you be such an Ass hole in there, but be so nice everywhere else?”

“I’ve got a rep to protect.”

“Bull shit.”

Jake was quiet for a moment. “It helps me deal with the everyday crap in school. No one expects much from me. I am after all a dumb football jock.”

“But you aren’t dumb.”

“No one in that building except the teachers know that.” Jake told her. “I’d kind of like to keep it that way too.” He cupped her chin and turned it from side to side. “You need to clean that up, you are a mess. I’ll meet you inside and we’ll go find Tricia. I’ll see if I can try to convince her that you haven’t fallen madly in love with me.”

Erika slapped him on the arm but she was smiling.

“You are beautiful when you smile. Too bad you don’t like guys…. unless your drunk.” He got out of the car before Erika could hit him again.

--oOo--

“Jake, Erika, so glad that you could join us.” Mrs. Anderson greeted as they interrupted the class.

“Sorry, Mrs. Anderson.” Erika quickly found her seat. Tricia scooted her chair away from her.

Erika rubbed her temples. She was starting to get a headache. Most likely from all of the crying she had done this morning. She had been afraid that this would happen. She didn’t know that Jake would keep his mouth shut about the party. What she did was right. She told Tricia the truth. Hopefully Tricia would get over it sooner than later.

“Tricia.” Jake whispered back to her.

“What?” Tricia growled.

“I got kind of drunk the other night and so did Erika.” He tried to keep his voice down. “It really wasn’t planned or anything. It just kind of happened. Please don’t be blaming Erika. She really was pretty drunk.”

“Stay out of it, Jake.”

“I can’t. It’s kind of my fault. I like you both, and don’t want to see you upset at one another.”

“Kind of late for that.” Tricia grumbled. “Just leave me alone.”

Erika’s head ache seemed to be getting worse. “Stop yelling.” She hissed.

“We aren’t yelling.” Tricia looked confused.

“Oh my God.” Erika stood up. Mrs. Anderson, I need to go to the nurse’s office.” Erika didn’t wait, she just walked quickly towards the door.

“She’s having a seizure.” It dawned on Samantha.

Tricia jumped up and ran after Erika, with Samantha right behind her.

“What is going on?” Mrs. Anderson demanded.

“Erika’s starting a seizure.” Samantha called out as she left the room.

Erika’s world was closing in on her again. The gray perimeter around her vision was closing. All she could think was to get to the nurse’s office.

“Erika!” Tricia called down the hall.

Nurse’s office. “Oh no, I’m not going to make it.’ Erika half fell half lay down in the middle of the hall and prepared for what was coming.

“I’ll go for the nurse.” She heard Samantha’s voice.

“I’m here.” Tricia told her. She knelt down next to Erika’s head and slid under her so that if she convulsed she wouldn’t hit her head against the hard tile surface. “I’ve got you. You are safe.”

Erika’s world went black.

“You’ve got this babe.” Eric encouraged as Samantha’s face screwed up in pain and exertion. She was absolutely gorgeous. He wondered if all husbands felt this way when watching their wives give birth.

Samantha squeezed his hand again, nearly crushing his fingers as she bore down.

“Push!” he encouraged. It wasn’t as if she had much of a choice from what he had heard. “Come on, push!”

“I’ve got the head.” The midwife informed them. “Keep going Samantha.”

Eric wanted so bad to see his son’s head, but Samantha needed him more at this moment.

The contraction ended and Samantha did her breathing. Eric did it with her. It wasn’t anything new after having Summer. Eric took the cool moist cloth and dabbed at Samantha’s forehead, cheeks and neck as she loosened her grip on his other hand.

Her hand almost immediately squeezed again as she stopped her breathing and bore down pushing.

“One more Samantha.” The midwife called “One more.”

Eric didn’t think he could be any more in love with her than at this moment. She was bringing a life into the world. A son, his son. “I love you, Samantha.” He told her. I love you.”

“We’ve got him.” The midwife sang. The room became a flurry of activity as the nurse’s went to work, rubbing him cleaning his air ways. “Breathe for a moment before we have you push the rest of the stuff out.”

Their son cried out. It was a strong healthy cry.

“You did it.” Eric told her. “You did really good.”

Samantha smiled at him but looked for her baby.

It only took a few moments before the midwife brought a newborn over and handed him to her.

“Look at you.” She cooed. “Look at you. You are so perfect, yes you are. Perfect.” She looked up at Eric with so much love in her eyes.
Tears started streaming from Eric’s eyes. Everything seemed perfect. Samantha, Summer, this new life. His college football. Even his grades were doing well.

“I love you.” He bent over and kissed Samantha on the lips. “I love you so much.”

“Would you like to hold your son, daddy?” She beamed up at him.

Eric ever so gently picked up and cradled his son in his muscular hair arms.

“What are you going to name him?” Samantha inquired.

“John Julian.” Eric decided. “We can call him J.J.”

“I love it.” Samantha grinned. “J.J. Martin.”

“I think Julian would get a kick out of it too.” Eric laughed.

An hour later, Eric found himself cuddled up in bed, cradling his wife and newborn as they slept.

What could be better? He thought as he drifted off to sleep.

“I think she’s coming around.” A strange voice said.

“I’ve got you.” Tricia told her. “Nothing is going to happen to you.”

“Sick.” Erika tried to roll over.

Tricia grabbed her shoulders and helped her turn just in time to vomit. Luckily, she had been too nervous and upset to eat breakfast. Mostly coffee, and water came up.

“I called the ambulance.” A voice called.

“No. I’m fine.” Erika grunted. “No more hospitals.” God, her head hurt.

“You had a seizure.” The nurse told her.

“You think I don’t know that.” Erika was bitter. “All the hospital does is give me pain meds. I can get those at home.”

“We’ll let the paramedics make that call.” The nurse told her.

“The school policy is to send them to the hospital.” The principal stated as if it were writ in stone.

“Can you open your eyes?” Tricia sounded concerned.

Erika slowly opened them. “It’s just the headache. Lights, sounds, everything hurts.” She complained. “No one saw, did they?”

“No.” Samantha joined in. “Everyone is in class.”

“Thank god. Okay. I think I can sit up.”

Tricia guided her as she rose to sitting position.

“Does this mean that you forgive me?” She dared.

“Forgive, yes. Still mad at, yes. “Tricia stated. “You are going to have to be a very good girl for a while to earn back my trust.”

For some reason, Erika felt giddy inside when Tricia mentioned being ‘a good girl’, but her head hurt too bad to ponder it.

“I’m sorry about the vomit.” She just wanted to stuff her head under her pillows and sleep.

“Janitorial is already on their way. “It’ll be clean before this period is over.”

“Okay. I think I can walk. Can we get to the nurse’s office at least?”

With Tricia and Samantha guiding her, the nurse a few steps ahead, but constantly looking back, Erika made it to the bed in the nurse’s office.

“Your mom will be here in just a few minutes.” The principal stuck her head into the room.

Erika barely nodded her head.

“Tricia, Samantha, head back to class.” The Principal instructed. “I’m sure the nurse can handle it from here.”

--oOo—

Erika walked out to the car with her mother. Thankfully she agreed with Erika that home and bed were the best things for Erika right now.

Her grandmother waved from the front seat as they approached. Erika forced a smile and climbed into the back seat.

“Bad morning, huh?” Grandma asked.

“Yeah.” Erika grunted. “I need pain meds and sleep.”

Erika’s mother started the car and started pulling out of the school’s drive. “Erika, you have to check this out.”

“Hmm.”

“Look out the front window.” Her mother pulled the car to the curb.

Erika leaned forward and looked. “Holy Shit. In front of the school?” She swore. “I’m never going to hear the end of this.”

The giant billboard near the school driveway was being changed out. It now had a twenty-foot-tall picture of Erika’s face smiling on an ad with something to do with lowering your car insurance.

“What?” her grandmother questioned. “You look fantastic. Why wouldn’t you want the school to see you?”

“Because only three people at the school even knew that I was doing that.” It was kind of flattering to see herself larger than life. Were her eyes really that blue? Now she knew what people were talking about when asking about her long eyelashes. They were pretty too. “I figured there would be a few posters put up. Perhaps some advertisements on the side of a bus, but a billboard outside my school? Ugh.” Now she wanted to bury her head for completely different reasons.

She made a mental note to have her father write into the contracts that any advertisement she was in couldn’t be posted with in five thousand feet of the school.

--oOo—

“Hand me your phone.” Her mother stated once they got back to the Condo.

“What? Why?”

“You need your sleep. You can’t sleep if your friends all keep texting you.” She held her hand out.

“Fine.” Erika handed it over. Her mom did have a point.

“Here. Take these.” Her mother rummaged through some pill bottles and handed her some tablets and a glass of water.

“Vicodin?”

Her mother nodded. “And a sleep aid, and your after-seizure medicine.”

“Oh, yes. Thank you.” She was happier about the Vicodin than the others. Anything to take away or at least dull the pain.

--oOo—

“Almost done.” Samantha said around a bobby pin in her mouth. She slipped it out and pushed it through Erika’s hair and fastened it into place. “Well?”

Erika turned her head from side to side as she looked at Samantha’s handy work. “I don’t know how you do it.” She was in awe. Samantha had pinned her curls to the top of her head in such and artistic, beautiful way.

“Let me spray it.” Samantha put a hand on her shoulder to keep her in place as she sprayed hairspray to hold her hair in place.

“Sasha would be proud.” Erika beamed. She picked her crystal dangling earrings up from the counter and placed them in her ears. “Wow.” She turned and gave Samantha a huge hug. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. You’re going to mess up my hair.”

“Oh, sorry.” Erika released her. She turned and admired herself in the mirror. She was wearing the red sweater dress that she had worn to the Christmas party. Instead of nylons she wore black leggings and flats. Julian had warned her that Christmas eve mass was not only long, but there would be a lot of standing. “It would look better with heels, wouldn’t it?”

Samantha nodded. “Julian said flats, so…” Samantha looked down at her own feet in flats.

“Are you girls ready?” Erika’s mom called from the hall.

“Yes, we are coming,” Erika answered. She and Samantha met the rest of the family in the living room. “Mom, you look amazing.” Erika beamed. Her mother was wearing the outfit that she had picked out for her on their shopping trip.

“I may have you go shopping for me.” Her grandmother nodded.

“Samantha is the ace shopper.” Erika directed the attention to her friend.

“You all look amazing. “Her dad took them all in. “we need to get going if we’re picking up Tricia.

The car was pretty cozy as they pulled into the church parking lot.

Erika was dazzled by all of the women and little girls all in their best dresses. As Eric, he might have noticed a few of the prettier ones. Now, she was almost overwhelmed.

“Wow, it’s busy.” Erika commented.

“To Catholics it’s a sin to miss Christmas mass.” Her grandmother huddled deeper into her coat.

“Erika, Tricia, and Samantha? “Julian greeted. “that is one Christmas gift to cross off my list.” He smiled. “and your parents? Fantastic.”

“hi Julian. This is my Grandmother.” Erika introduced.

“Hey, I saw your billboard.” Julian smiled. “Looking good.”

Erika could feel her face flush. “I didn’t know they were going to put it on a billboard. Especially right outside of school.”

“I didn’t know you were modeling.” Julian smiled. “You look amazing. People at school are talking.”

“I can only guess what about.” She rolled her eyes.

Samantha chuckled. “Some of the girls are extremely jealous.”

“I’m sure some of the guys are too.” Tricia added. “After all I am now dating a model.”

Julian joined the laughing. “Well, Merry Christmas to you all. Get inside to the warmth. It’s starting to get packed in there.”

Julian was right. Erika almost felt like she was late to the party. Her family found some seats. The church choir was singing, filling the church with beautiful music.

Erika nudged Tricia. “There are the Wilson twins.” Erika pointed out. She waved at Annie who nudged Allie. Both waved back. Thankfully there wasn’t a big area of openness around them tonight.

“The twins from Adams?” Tricia asked. “Isn’t there a rumor that one of them is Trans?”

Erika nodded.

More and more people filed into the church. Soon it was standing room only. People even began standing against the walls along the sides.

The choir changed songs and a hush fell over room as everyone stood. A procession of candle bearers and altar boys filed in. Julian came in holding a Bible high over his head.

Erika was only a little less shocked than Samantha

The evening was filled with prayer, song and praise. Tricia held her hand through most of the service and even nestled against her shoulder during part.

Julian’s face was one of peace and absolute joy as he helped Father Daniel in various tasks as the service progressed.

----

“That was a beautiful service.” Her grandmother smiled as they exited the church. “It seems like you have found a nice church.”

“Well, we have only been a handful of times.” Erika admitted.

“You have friends here already.” Her grandmother remarked.

“Erika.” Father David greeted. “I’m glad you came to celebrate with us.

“Uh, thank you Father.” She almost stammered. He remembered her name. This is my Grandmother visiting for the holidays.” She introduced.

“So glad you could celebrate with us.” He took her hand.

“These are my parents. You have met Samantha, and this is my girlfriend, Tricia.”

Father David greeted them in turn. “You have a very special daughter here.” He stated. “Julian has nothing but high praise for her and that means something coming from him.”

“We think she is special.” Her father agreed.

“I’ve never really been fond of church.” Tricia admitted, “But this wasn’t too bad. This is where you’ve been spending your Sunday mornings?”

Erika nodded. “Samantha has started joining me. Perhaps you will too.”

“I’ll have to think about it. I like my sleep-in days.”

“Erika.” Allie greeted with Annie at her side. “You didn’t’ tell us you were a model.”

Erika wanted to groan.

“We love your billboard.” Annie added. “They put one up near our school.”

“I even saw your ad on a taxi yesterday.” Allie stated.

“Thank you.” Erika blushed. “I didn’t expect the ad campaign to be so wide spread.

“We think it is fantastic.”

“Thanks again.”

“Merry Christmas, Erika.” Annie guided her twin off to rejoin her family.

“They seem like nice girls.” Her Grandmother smiled as Erika and her friends slid into the car. “Are they friends from your school too?”

“No.” They go to the other High school.”

“Twins?” her grandmother asked.

Erika nodded. “And on the cheerleading squad.”

“There is a rumor that one of them is like Erika.” Tricia added.

“Oh?” her Grandmother raised an eyebrow. “I couldn’t tell.”

“Annie was shot by a homophobe last month.” Erika explained. “That’s when it became known.”

“Shot?” That is horrible. I hope she is okay.”

“According to her sister it was touch and go for a while, but yes, everything seems to be okay.”

----

“You girls need to come inside and have some cake.” Her father instructed as he parked the car.

“I can’t stay long.” Tricia nodded. “but cake sounds great.”

“It’s our family’s oatmeal cake.” Erika’s eyes flashed with excitement.

“Oatmeal?” Tricia wondered.

“Wait until you try it. It is amazing.”

The family and friends shed their coats once in the warm condo. Erika’s mother was already cutting pieces of the scrumptious cake.

“Merry Christmas.” Samantha grinned pulling a package out of her purse and handing it to Erika.”

“I got you something too.” Tricia went back to her coat and pulled out a package.

“Hold on.” Erika ran to the small Christmas tree and pulled out two identical packages and handed them to her best friends.

The gift from Samantha contained two pairs of fuzzy socks and a gift certificate for a pedicure.

Tricia’s small package contained a pretty heart pendent and matching earring. Erika squealed and had Tricia help her put the necklace on.

The feeling of Tricia’s lips caressing the back of her neck sent charges of excitement up and down her spine.

“Merry Christmas, I hope you like it.” Tricia smiled at Erika.

Erika pulled her girlfriend in for a long lip lock. “I love it.” She looked into Tricia’s eyes as they parted.

Both friends were excited to receive the framed pictures of them with Santa.

“Wow, this cake is fantastic.” Tricia said with her mouth full.

“It’s one of my favorite things about Christmas eve.” Erika admitted. “It’s a great dessert and breakfast.”

“I need to get home.” Tricia announced. “Samantha, are you ready?”

“Yes.”

“Thank you, Mr., and Mrs. Martin for allowing me to join you tonight.” She stated. “It was great meeting you.” She bid farewell to Erika’s grandmother.

“Did you have a good evening?” Erika’s dad asked after her friends had left.

“Yes. It was wonderful.” Erika collapsed on the sofa.

“You’re not done yet.” Her mother stated.

“Huh?”

Her mother pulled a gift from under the tree and handed it to her. This was different. Normally her family’s tradition was to open gifts Christmas morning.

Erika ripped through the wrapping paper, opened the box and pulled out a pair of pajamas.

Light blue and covered with yellow duckys.

Erika giggled. They were adorable.

“I was hoping you’d like them.” Her mother smiled. “They made me laugh.”

“They are perfect.” Erika stifled a yawn. “I need to get to bed anyway. I’ll go put them on.”

Erika was stunned when reaching room. Her clock read two o’clock in the morning. No wonder she was yawning.

Erika stripped out of her clothes, slipped into her new, soft Pjs and got ready for bed, cleaning her face, pulling out bobby pins and brushing out her hair. She was so tired, she almost forgot to go back out and show off her new sleepwear.

“Oh good, they fit.” Her mother clapped her hands.

“Sorry.” Erika yawned again. “I need to get to bed.” She gave kisses all around and stumbled into bed.

The smell of bacon and coffee brought Erika out of her slumber. She stretched in bed and took a minute or two to be able to open her eyes.

Christmas! It was Christmas morning and she had slept in! She couldn’t remember the last time she slept in on Christmas morning. Perhaps it was how late Christmas Eve Mass ran and then cake and gifts. Two o’clock was late even for a teenager to be staying up.

Erika smiled as she fingered the pendent at her throat and wriggled her toes in the fuzzy socks. She definitely had made good friends.

After using the bathroom, Erika padded out to the kitchen to see her mother and grandmother sipping on coffee at the table as her father was like a whirlwind in the kitchen making breakfast.

“Coffee.” Erika croaked.

“Have a seat, honey, I’ll bring it to you.” Her father spun to the coffee maker. “Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas.” She greeted back and then to her mother and grandmother.

The coffee had its desired effect as it warmed her and woke her brain up, just in time for her father to place a plate of breakfast in front of her. French toast, bacon, eggs just the way she liked them, and a slice of oatmeal cake.

“It looks and smells amazing.” She inhaled the aroma before tucking in. The oatmeal cake was the first to disappear.

Once she had her fill and groaned with delight, she gathered up all of the dishes on the table and quickly rinsed them before depositing them into the dishwasher.

“Can we finally open gifts?” her father whined.

“Please?” Erika joined.

“Fine.” Her mother tried not to smile.

The family settled in the living room while Erika started divvying up the packages and gift bags. She was a little disappointed with how few she seemed to have, but her parents had just bought her a new wardrobe what could she expect?”

Patience was definitely a virtue that Erika struggled with. She tried so hard to wait for the others to open their gifts before she opened hers.

The first few gifts were clothes. Expected, they were wonderful. Her mother must have really nailed down her style. Of course, the day of shopping for a new wardrobe had to have helped with that.

“It isn’t much, but this is from me.” Her grandmother handed her an envelope.

Erika opened it and pulled out a beautiful card about having a granddaughter. Inside she found a Visa gift card.

“Thank you, Grandma.” Erika wiped away wetness from her eyes as she finished reading the card. She threw her arms around her Grandmother and enveloped her in a big hug.

“This is from me.” Her father handed her a card as well.

Feeling very curious, Erika opened it to find a funny card and a note.

Merry Christmas, to my lovely daughter.
I have deposited $500 into your bank account. I hope it won’t all go towards shoes.

Love Dad.

“Seriously?” Erika looked to her father.

“You still need clothes and stuff.” He shrugged.

“Thank you, Daddy.” She gave him a hug as well.

“Then there is the one from me.” Her mother sighed.

“Really?”

Her mother nodded. She pointed to a small box sitting on window sill.

Erika retrieved it and wondered why her mom and dad were exchanging strange looks.

She opened it up and found pill bottles. She looked questioningly at her mother.

“You can start them when you wish.” Her mother stated.

Erika’s face was still blank.

“HRT meds.” Her mother forced a smile.

“What?” Erika screamed. “For reals?”

Her mother nodded. “I spoke to your therapist and your Endocrinologist.”

Erika felt light headed. She forced herself to take a few deep breaths. She became very aware of her vision, hoping that it wasn’t graying around the edges. Nope. Just excitement.

She sat down hard and looked from the box to her mother and back to the box.

“Seriously?” She questioned again.

Her mother nodded.

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you ,

'so much for your lovely story . Erika now has something she will remember for the rest of her life ,the start of the new girl!

<em></em>

The wait is Over!

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Guess Erika can rest easy now, knowing the wait is over. Soon enough, she'll start developing. Wondering how the mood swings and seizures are going to work out, since I'm sure the "HRT Meds" is going to include Female hormones along with T Blockers.

Love it so far, although I have to say I've been waiting for an Erika/Annie get together.

What a wonderful gift from her mother!

D. Eden's picture

The gift of life - a new life as the person she should be.

If only my parents had been as loving and caring when I was that age.

Lol - great way to start my day - bawling my eyes out.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

HRT ???

Perhaps the HRT will ease her headaches? :) My Arthritis is much better on them.

Gwen

Great story and chapter.

Great story and chapter.
However vicodin would not be used ibuprophin or acetaminophen would be 600mg that is from experience those headaches are wicked and usually last 12 hours no matter what is this taken a dark room is usefull to as the headaches are usually light sensitive vicodin is just to adictive.

Relief

I'm glad that it looks like Tricia and Erika are going to come out fine from the "Jake incident". You do a great job of portraying our protagonists as the young people they are; making errors in judgement, getting into situations they're not really prepared to deal with, and hopefully learning from their experiences. It doesn't make it easy for your characters or readers like me who want to see the characters they now know pretty well by now do well. But, there wouldn't be much of a story if everything was coming up roses all the time. I'm pleased that you are back actively writing and posting again. Thanks for sharing.

"HRT Meds." Her mother forced a smile.

laika's picture

That forced smile seems to say a lot. That Mom wants her child to be happy but still has conflicted emotion; and starting on HRT suddenly makes something that might have been written off as experimentation, playing dress up real on a whole new level. Not a point of no return, but closer to it. To losing the son she had raised and loved. Even though she isn't really losing anybody as Eric becomes Erika, some part of Mom's mind feels otherwise. Or that's what I read into that brief sentence.

The seizures are awful, but this last one sure helped Tricia find her priorities, realize Erika too much to her to let that drunken half-accidental betrayal drive them apart. Forgiven, but still mad- that was perfect.

The seizure visions seem to be showing Erika all the things a person---even a transgender person---absolutely would not regret about living life as a man. A warm close loving relationship, being there for each other, the overwhelming joy of witnessing your child being born. Could these passages be partly autobiographical? Well that's none of my business but the emotions behind them have the weight of something experienced.

And for my own Christmas wish, one of these chapters I would love to see Allie and Annie have more than just a walk through part in this series. It wouldn't have to be a whole subplot, (you might fear taking too much liberty with these characters would introduce elements Edeyn wouldn't have wanted) just some shared activity or a minor adventure ("Shit! I locked my keys in the car") that would lead to some fun dialogue a bit beyond "Hi/Goodbye..."

~Always looking forward to a new chapter, hugs, Veronica

Hard to live down

Jamie Lee's picture

Seizures are hard enough in the privacy of one's home. But for a teen to have them at school can become fodder for the cruelly students.

Tricia seems a bit better, or she's doing a good job hiding her feelings because of Christmas. Although, kissing the back of Erica's neck after clasping the necklace would have been hard to hide.

Hormones for Christmas would be an unexpected gift, wanted, but unexpected. Wonder how others will react if this gets out?

Others have feelings too.

Hard to live down

Seizures... Been there, done that, don't have the t-shirt. I was called spaz a lot in grade school, especially after a seizure. By the time I started grade school in the fall of '73, I was down to about three or four seizures a day from ten or more as a baby/toddler/pre-schooler.

I wasn't happy about being picked on for something I couldn't control, but there wasn't anything I could do about it on my own. Most of the nasty comments that I received after a seizure were done in unwatched areas like the various bathrooms around the school. I can't recall if the school had security cameras in place while I was there, but there were staff in the halls between classes to keep an eye on things.

If such comments or bullying had been witnessed in that school, they would have received a few whacks from the principal's yardstick.

Mom

Mom is unhappy with this but she loves her child.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Mom

Mom is unhappy with this but she loves her child.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

girly pills!

fantastic !

DogSig.png