Little Monster Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 2:

Sleeping on the sidewalk isn’t one of the best experiences in my life. I'm cold, and the rain constantly falling down on me makes me shiver and tremble. When I wake up, I realize I'm in some sort of suburban area, not too far away from the main city, but in the outskirts of it. I'm woken up by a sudden ray of sunshine hitting my body. Rather than burning up I just feel warmer than usual, up until the point that I jump up due to how warm I'm getting. “Ow… ow… ow…” I say, standing up from the ground as the sudden temperature rise makes my whole body warmer.

It's somewhat unpleasant, not as if it's burning my skin, but more like it just feels warmer than usual. I stand up, my legs now being thin and large, wobbling. I look downwards, the school’s uniform pants now dragging against the sidewalk and almost falling down due to how thin my waist is. I use one hand to pull them up and hold them against my waist. But while looking down I spot two small mounds freely standing out. Round, perky and small, perhaps barely passing a set of B-cups. I shake my head, making my hair fly all over covering my face. It's blue, and long, like real long. It's practically touching the ground due to the sheer length. Raindrops make me jump as they fall on my head and drench my body even more.

“I need to do something…” I say quietly, my voice high pitched and really fucking feminine. But by the look of things, and how everyone seems to be waking up at the moment, I need to do something. I’m half naked, with monsters roaming all around the place, I’d get beaten up quickly and on the spot. I look around the place, not recognizing where I am. I take a couple of steps, my bare feet touching the ground, water splashing about each time I take a step. I feel weak, I feel puny, something is not right with me. Perhaps I can get treated and go back to normal. Yeah! I should find a hospital and ask for some help.

I'm so caught up with my thoughts that I don't hear the person approaching me. I'm holding my pants up and covering my breasts with the other hand as I slowly walk forwards. I need to get somewhere, get me changed, and I’ll be back into being a normal human boy. Out of nowhere this horrible burning pain, my hands open up like claws, I open my eyes widely and I let out a high pitched scream. My pants fall down, and I do as well. Hitting my head on the sidewalk,I turn around quickly, trying to spot who did this to me. “Oh I see now… you got attacked…”

Turning around I spot a large lizard man, his thin tongue flickering now and then, as he stares at a bolt he most likely used to attack me. He has reptilian eyes, his hands covered with scales which resembled claws more than anything. A large crocodile-like tail appearing from his bottom, as well as paws for feet and green spiky ears. He just attacked me with the bolt I can bet you that, and on the other hand it was a cup, a cup with a steamy substance. He drinks it as if it was normal to him as he stares down at me. Poison! Lizards drink poison! Not only it is trying to attack me but to poison me as well. “Young girl, are you okay? Do you want to call your parents? Can I…”

“NO!” I scream at the top of my lungs, standing up and walking away slowly. “You won’t hurt me! You won’t burn me with your venom! Leave me alone!” I scream before running away. I ignore my naked upper body, I run as fast as I could away from the creature with his intent of killing me. My pants roll down, making me trip and once more fall flat down on the asphalt. I slowly stand up, my legs quivering with pain as my hair covered all my face. When I finally move it away, all around me, all the houses, monsters begin to pop up. Kitsunes, wolf men, gargoyles, flow kelps, lamias, all kinds of monsters leaving their houses and all of them walking towards me. I feel something warm and sticky picking up my body, pulling me off the ground and turning me around.

“Are you alright love? Did someone hurt you?” Something, someone, something, someone spoke up. Female, large breasts, tentacles rather than legs, sticky, grabbing me, the suction cups holding me in place, and a big mouth with big sharp teeth.

Let’s see how far Eric can have his limbs stretched!

”AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I scream at the top of my lungs making the woman release me and drop me onto the ground. My heart races, as every monster stares at me, their eyes filled with desire to pull my limbs and eat me bit by bit. Minotaurs, dragons, trolls, everything, every kind of monster surrounding me and with the intent of killing me. I feel my right hand opening up, and as if it's shifting into some kind of hard claw. Picking up a piece of wood from the ground I use it as a weapon, and move it around as if it were a sword. “STAY AWAY! LET ME BE!” I yell at them. All of them stare back at me, with fear or doubt in their eyes, thinking alike a plan to kill me in the most painful and slow way.

A lightingth lands next to me, making me jump, scream, and fall down. I could feel some electricity running through my body, but rather than pain it felt more like a tickling sensation. They all start laughing at me, their voices all saying things at the same time, with murderous intent, with thoughts of killing. I simply curl into a ball, holding my head while remembering my past. The punches, the kicks, the blood, the bruises, whatever they did to me, I could feel it. And it hurts, it aches, I just want to go home and make things the way they should be. I can't hold it any longer, I break, I begin crying while every monster around me laughs. The pain is too much, they can see my weakness, they can attack, they can kill me now.

“Honey? Come on honey, let’s go back home now.” The sweet sound of my mother’s voice, I tilt my head upwards, and there she is, in her morning clothes, combed hair, and carrying a large umbrella that covers a large area below it. My eyes swell up, with more tears appearing as I slowly stand up. My whole body is shivering, freezing, and in search of love. I jump at my mom, hugging her tightly, making her pat my back and hug me. “Come on honey… Let’s head home.” I can see her smile, as she takes hold of my hand and pulls me down the street. I hug her arm, covering my face with her shirt, wishing all these monsters would go away.

My whole body is shaking, with all this happening I’m glad I can relax, and perhaps soon, everything will get clearer and things will go back to normal. I can feel them staring at me, judging, their intentions clear. They always do the same, they just want to hurt me, to treat me as their chew-toy. Memories flood my mind once more, I’ve learned to hold them away, to ignore them, but they're just too strong this time. I feel my mother flinch and almost trip, but I ignore it and hug her tightly, perhaps it would help her out. Taking a weird turn, I can hear the sound of a door opening up, and before I know it we are inside.

Weird… I can't remember ever being so close to this neighborhood, I remember running like crazy last night. “Erma! I brought your friend! And he’s giving me some fucking headaches.” The person who should be my mother speaks up. It's now a male voice, much more hoarse and deep than my mother. I open my eyes and look up at the person who should be my mother. Instead of her, there's a dude around his twenties, he has black hair that covers his face, and bright blue eyes hiding behind it. He practically pushes me away, making me fall to the floor and allowing me to get a better picture of him. Tall, strong complexion, and his lower part seems to be oozing with a black mist. “Yeah, I’m exactly what you’re thinking about,” he tells me before running upstairs.

I sit down on the cold floor, my bottom now only covered by my old set of briefs with nothing else in between. I pull my hands close to my chest, covering my breasts as I stare at the floor dumbfounded. “Where am I?” I say, looking blankly at the floor below me. I can feel my arms shiver, and my heart beating faster and faster. My whole body shakes from left to right, as my hair covers my entire back. I can feel them, I can smell them, I’m trapped here, and I’m about to be killed. Tears begin to roll down my cheeks, my whole body trembles as I can hear them talking outside, laughing and yelling.

I feel disconnected, out of this place, I just want all of this to end. I look down at my hands, tears dropping down into them, splashing all around. Dainty white pale thin hands. Nothing like how they used to be before. I feel a presence near me, the same dark feeling I felt before, it was warning me, telling me to look up. My eyes are really teary, making my vision very blurry and making it difficult to see. A girl around my age was standing in front of me, I’ve seen her before and with the black mists instead of feet, I know it's the doppelganger I met yesterday. “Y-You…” I spit out with difficulty, my voice shaky and teary, barely even recognizable. My teary eyes look up at her, blinking rapidly as I just want this to end. “J-Just, k-k-kill me already.”

I close my eyes and hug my legs, letting out whimpers. My whole body trembles, as I practically let out a river from my eyes. I feel her cold hand touching my bare arm, it feels human but at the same time I can feel the cold black mist that comes out of her body. I stiffen my body, forcing my eyes even closer as I prepare for her to kill me. I feel her covering my entire back, her other hand now touching my right arm. She's going to swallow me whole! I shake even more as her head touches the side of mine, my lungs going crazy, my heart about to jump out, I’m about to die.

“I’m not going to kill you, idiot.” Her serene soft voice makes my eyes open up. She… she is… “Yup! I’m just giving you a hug… I need you to calm down.” I'm about to refuse, but suddenly her hand rubs my back, giving it little pats from time to time. I don't close my eyes anymore, I feel something else, the presence telling me what her intentions are. This monster is trying to comfort me. I let out a loud cry, as she holds me close and gives me the love I didn’t know I need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting in one of the most comfortable and warm sofas I’ve ever sat on in my life. Erma, the female doppelganger I met yesterday, lent me some clothes of her older brother Marcus. I’m a head taller than her, so her clothes wouldn’t fit me. Wearing a large hoodie and a set of pants from a complete stranger is an experience I’d like to forget. More if you add the fact that my nipples poke and tickle against the fabric of the hoodie. I don’t know how much I cried, I simply switched off and let my tears out like a hose. I made small sniffs from time to time, my lungs still not calmed after the crying session. I was drinking a warm cup of cocoa Erma ended up giving me.

“I called your parents, they’ll be over here in less than an hour,” she says, stepping out of the kitchen. She's wearing the school’s uniform, her face still covered by her black hair as she sits down next to me. “I also called the school about… why you won’t be coming… they most likely are going to send someone here as well.” Having her sitting so close to me makes my heart race, my whole body stiffening feeling her body so near me. “You do have a huge phobia towards us, right?” she says, clinging closer to me. I begin to tremble slightly as her shadows wrap around my body. “I can see why you have that thing against us… Reading your mind and seeing what they did to you when you were younger.”

I drink the hot cocoa, looking at the floor, leaving her with a cold silence. I wonder why she had called the school; shouldn’t it all be solved with an "I got sick" excuse? “Because of this, honey,” she says, turning on the television. A picture appears of me, well the new me, as I was standing naked while swinging around the piece of wood I found. Wait, how did she knew what I was thinking. “I thought you knew what demi I am.” Mind reading? “Yup.” I hate you. “You are at the cover of several newspapers, and are the top news of some news channels. Vampire found lying on the sidewalk naked. Naked girl yelling and screaming in the demi-human district. And many more telling how crazy and naked you were.”

I blush, hugging my legs and drinking a last sip of cocoa before putting the cup back on the table. I'm still a bit shaky about what just happened. It has been a short time since I managed to cool my head and think about what happened. I open my mouth slightly and with my tongue, I brush around the sharp canines I now had on my mouth. I am a vampire now. I close my mouth and hug my legs even tighter. “Don’t you start crying on me again, missy,” she says, patting my back. “We have advanced technology and I’m sure they have a shot to cure vampirism. So don't you worry.” I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to relax as I let out some sniffs and a couple of tears.

I don’t want to be a vampire, I want to return to how I used to be before all of this happened. “You’re not really all that ugly you know?” she says, standing up and picking up a mirror from her handbag. “Like, if this is going to be permanent you’ll remain as a fine looking lady.” I want to rip her stupid hair out of her face. She jolts backwards, making me chuckle a bit. I lower my legs, the fuzzy carpeted floor between my cold fingers feeling nice to the touch. I look at the mirror Erma was pushing towards me, picking it up in my dainty hands. Moving it so I can stare directly at my face gives me a slight shock.

My skin is so pale at the moment, almost as if I were from Alaska or a really cold country. My eyes are really big, they stand out easily and they almost seem to look at everything at the same time. They're pink, bright pink, not Mexican levels of pink, but a light bright pink tone. If I saw her walking, even if I knew I’d get rejected, and probably beaten up, I’d still ask her out. Erma giggles next to me, covering her mouth as if she could make her giggling quieter. I close the little mirror and place it on the table in front of me. My hair is long, like seriously long, it reached all the way to my feet. I grab a strand; it's surprisingly smooth and soft, as if I took care of it since I was little. “Your hair is very pretty you know… my nature doesn’t give me the chance to have that kind of stuff, it always gets covered by this black mist,” she tells me, grabbing one of my many strands and comparing it to hers.

The sound of closing car doors makes me stand up. I play with my hands as I walk towards the window. It has one of those light white curtains which allows me to see silhouettes. Guessing by the height, the two people standing outside of Erma’s door are most likely my parents. I grab the neck of the hoodie, pulling it close to my mouth as my other hand trembles. I feel Erma’s hand rubbing my back. “You’ll be fine, I’ll go get the door.” I see her walking, but with the way the mist covers her legs it looks more as if she just slides towards the door. The sound of the locks being opened, and the old wooden noise of the door makes me jump. “Hi, I’m Erma…” she says, a bit embarrassed. “The girl who was on the phone with you. He’s over here.”

At first it's just Erma, the little girl my age that was around half my height. And behind her my mother and father walk towards the living room. They both stare at me with open eyes as they go up and down my body. I'm not naked, but I feel as if I am. Their eyes move up and down, probably trying to confirm if I was their son. “M-Mom? D-Dad?” I say, my dainty feminine voice echoing in the walls. I take a step back, afraid of what they’ll do. I know they aren’t at all like my grandfather, but I'm just afraid. My heart begins to beat quickly, my eyes watering up, afraid that they won't recognize me.

“I’m glad you’re okay,” my mother says, walking towards me and pulling me tightly into a hug. Her warm arms, her heartbeats, the warmth coming from her body. I am happy I have her back. I'm now much taller than her, a head bigger than her; the biggest difference is that I have a much thinner body, and that my hair is a bright light blue. I feel her hands patting my back, making me rest my head on her shoulder. “The security cameras caught you changing and devouring the meat packages I had in the fridge. I’m so happy you’re okay, Grandpa did put up a fight,” she says, pulling my head and making me breathe heavily, letting out a small whimper as I cry on her shoulder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“In other words…” the monster doctor says, his small antlers and hooves clopping as he paces around the room. It's strange seeing a satyr with clothes on. Those guys prefer walking around naked as their male parts are hidden behind bushes of hair. “Eric is now a healthy female vampire crossed with a werewolf.” I'm taken back, almost hitting myself with the white wall behind me. My father does the same thing, but actually hitting himself. My mother is standing next to the doctor, reading the notes as she might understand something of what he is talking about. “More like seventy-five percent vampire, and twenty-five werewolf.”

The doctor walks over to a whiteboard and opens up a red marker with which he begins to draw circles and lines. “You, Eric Van-Helsing, are a direct descendant of the famous monster hunter, Van Helsing.” I close my eyes slightly, wondering what he is planning to say with that. “He was a merciless killer, who killed about half the population of most demi-human species around Europe and America. A genocide made by one man.” I look away, knowing exactly what my ancestor did, remembering slightly the problems I’ve had related to that. “In reality, the demi-human genotype is a mutation that changes both the genotype and phenotype of the human body. Thus granting ears, wings, or horns such as mine. It’s more of an evolution caused by different traits over time; demi-humans are in a way descendants of ancient humans.”

I close my eyes slightly, clenching my fists as I already knew this since I began learning science. “The Van-Helsing family, however, developed such strong white cells from all the interactions with demi-humans, that you are almost immune to any form of infection.” He sighs, rubbing his horns and scratching his hair. “I don’t want to say it like this, but due to how things are I have to do it.” He draws two circles, and fills one with a bunch of dots from separate markers, while the other he simply barely fills in with red. “This is a normal human red blood cell. After centuries of interactions with demi-humans, it developed a mutation which allowed it to survive amongst all infections, by being part infected. They are still prone to infections such as vampirism and lycanthropy, but the process of change won’t kill the human in the process.”

“This is your blood cells, Van Helsing family.” He points at the pure red one, and starts to draw circles leaving them blank and white. “They are… I hate saying it this way, but there is no other way. They are pure red blood cells. There is no kind of mutation, no kind of correlation with other demi-human genotypes. That explains how the Stocker kid and his family were so attracted and reacted so aggressively against your blood. You have tasty blood cells.” My father is tilting his head, probably not getting the whole concept entirely. “The reason you guys have such strong immunity against demi-human infections is because your white cells are so strong that they double the size of the red ones, and are stupidly aggressive towards any infection.” He looks at my father as he is struggling to comprehend all of this, and draws two stick figures. “Normal humans have blood that has parts of demi-humans but with normal blood cells.” He draws horns and a tail to one of the stick figures. “While your blood Mr. Van Helsing, has pure human blood but with a set of barbaric body guards.” He draws a giant dude with an axe next to one of the stick figures.

I see my father smile and nod. He might be good with math, but he sucks at biology. He even told me about the nightmares he had trying to understand mitochondria and how it works. “Now vampire time!” the doctor says, drawing another stick figure but with a set of fangs and a cape. “Vampires, creatures of the night. Creatures with a craving for human blood.” The guy starts to mess around, pretending his fingers were vampire fangs. “That’s all fake, vampires do crave blood, but because their bodies lack the functionality to produce it in the first place. They have their own blood, but it doesn’t do the same things human blood does. So they tend to feed on animals or humans to get the blood they need to survive. I think it’s a good trade off, when they have natural enhanced senses and minor but definitely noticeable increased strength and speed.

“Usually vampires draw around the equivalent of a blood draw donation. Around ten to fifteen percent of the human blood amount. A class one hemorrhage, which leaves the human with dizziness and some slight headaches.” He starts to write the numbers down, along with the names and classifications. “Heavy, or fat drinkers, tend to draw around fifteen to thirty percent of the individual's blood, creating a situation relatable to a hemorrhage class two. The subject becomes lightheaded, his skin would appear white, and he’ll be cold to the touch. Vampires leave a trail of their own blood inside of the human body, this causes the subject to fall into phase one of vampirism which can be treated with medication and proper rest.”

“The Stocker kid, Vladimir if I’m not wrong, drew around eighty to ninety percent of Eric’s blood.” My mom makes a gasping noise, covering her mouth and looking back at me. “Eric entered a hypovolemic shock state, and he was rushed to intensive care almost immediately.” I knew Vladimir sucked an above average amount, but I didn’t know he almost sucked me dry! “Eric was given both the intense shot to prevent vampirism and at the same time a large blood transfusion to keep him alive.” The doctors sighs, putting the marker back to the whiteboard, as he pulls out a chair and gives it to my mother. “You might want to be seated for this, ma’am.”

My mom sits down, covering her mouth in fear. “The hospital has to take the blame on this one. The packages of blood delivered to Eric’s high school was mislabeled. Instead of a normal human blood transfusion, he was given instead the blood of a werewolf.” My mother’s eyes widen while my father is surprisingly the one to fall over, falling into my lap. “Is Mr. Van Helsing alright?” the doctor asks, pointing at him, while stretching over to his phone. “Should I call for help or something?”

“H-He is not good with this kind of news. When my water broke, we were both kept in the hospital for a week. Me for giving birth to Eric, while he fell down and hit himself in the head when he got the news,” my mother says, taking a deep breath, and laughing slightly at my father before her face becomes serious again. “But, it still doesn’t make sense. Why is Eric now a she, and at the same time a vampire and part werewolf.”

“The vampirism shot works somewhat similar to the lycanthropy one. In fact, they were developed at the same time and are practically the same except with slight variations.” He draws a simple bat and a dog face on the whiteboard. “The shot tends to stick to the vampirism infection, and effectively kill it. It is made with traces of vampirism and it also strengthens the white blood cells. The lycanthropy one works the same way but developed with other substance. Since the werewolf blood was transferred to Eric at the same time the shot was given, the werewolf blood effectively consumed the shot, and when the two infections met, the vampirism infected most of the lycanthropy blood cells, except for the ones that consumed the shot. Since the vampirism bacteria multiplied quicker than usual, they practically took Eric’s remaining red blood cells hostage, and since the amount of white cells were lacking due to the amount of blood the Stocker kid drew, Eric got effectively infected with the record time of becoming a vampire.”

“Okay that explains why I am a vampire and werewolf, however you want to put it. But why am I this!” I say gesturing to all of my body, mainly the upper part of my chest. “Why did I change gender?”

“That is a great question Ms. Van Helsing!” he says, drawing more markers and going towards his whiteboard. “Vampirism affects the phenotype of the human body, thus changing the coloration of the skin, eyes, and hair. It affects the genotype slightly, changing how the body creates blood, and the enhanced sensibility and strength I mentioned to you before.” He draws a set of DNA, and starts creating parts of it with other markers. “Lycanthropy is the one to blame in this situation. Lycanthropy attacks and modifies the human genotype directly. Thus causing the drastic changes of fur, bone structure modifications, and practically becoming another fucking species when angry or affected by moonlight. The blood transferred to you, Eric, was from the alpha female of an Amazonian type of female tribe. Your puny Y chromosome was devoured by the female alpha’s genotype. Replacing the chromosome and changing your gender due to the remaining amounts of lycanthropy blood in your system.” I grab my head and fall over next to my dad. “I should consider a job as a teacher at an university,” the doctor says before quietly walking towards my mother.

Fuck biology.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So… A vampire werewolf… I wonder how the old man is going to take this,” my father says as we stand outside of the doors of the hospital. With the prescriptions and medicines for a complete and smooth transition, I'm standing at the same height as my father, looking at the street in front of us. I'm still wearing Erma's brother’s clothes. My eyes are still a bit red eye because of all the weeping after getting the news that I will never be back to being a boy, or human. I'm still sniffing from time to time, but I would no longer fall down and cry over it. I hate this body, I hate being this monstrosity. The medicines thankfully have a secondary effect, calming my body as it would ache due to the bone changes and future mutations.

I'm relaxed, not that I wanted to be, but thankfully I am. I’m not a crybaby, I’ve learned to not do that, in public. I’m going to have a large session with my pillow tonight, as it is going to be really wet from all my tears. I take a deep breath, as I must not show weakness to any foe, as it most likely will be used against me. I take a step, still getting used to this new height and body balance, I almost slip and fall down. “Careful… The werewolf part of you might make you taller, but you still need time to adapt, honey,” my mother says, holding my waist so I wouldn’t fall down. I walk with her, slowly, going down the stairs towards the street below. “George, why don’t you get the car so Eric doesn’t have to walk too far.” He nodded and immediately ran past us, heading towards the parking lot.

I am slightly taller than my mother now, my hand grabbing her thin shoulder as we slowly walk down the stairway. We stand together, watching the cars pass in front of us, my hair moving as the wind picks up some speed. “You have such long hair Eric… Usually hair that longs becomes ugly and kind of deteriorates due to how long it is. But your hair is very pretty, as if treated with the perfect care, and for how tall you are, for it to almost reach the ground, it is kind of outstanding.” I grab my mother tightly, trying to express that I'm listening to her and understanding what she's saying.

Suddenly, I produce a small whine, as the cloud above us moves, making the sunrays hit directly our bodies. I wasn’t burning or anything, I’m just kind of weak to intense sunshine. My blood can’t handle the sun all over my body, or synthesize Vitamin D from sunlight, making it slightly painful and raising my temperature when in contact to direct sunshine. Thankfully my father arrives just in time, opening the door for my mother from within the car. “We still have something else before we can call this a day, and we better hurry or the traffic will most likely catch up with us.”

My hands grab the handle of the new white Corolla my father got from his job. I pull the door with a bit of a struggle, as my bone structure isn’t completely fortified yet, and I’m slightly weak in all my joints. I sit down slowly, pulling my large legs inside. I wasn’t huge, just slightly above the average height of a man. One point eighty three meters is definitely a hard mark to reach. My head is touching the ceiling of the car, so I have to rest on the back seat in order to get some comfort inside this car. I look at the back of my father’s seat, and as the car moves forwards I can feel the road as it moves my head up and down.

It's a dreadful silence; no one wants to talk. My father as he most likely is in this situation, would be too nervous to say anything, afraid to hurt either my mother or me. And Mom would most likely be thinking of the situation, trying to approach it with the best and most careful planning. Not even my dad’s iPod music is playing. I could hear the tires as they roll down the street. Out of nowhere my father decides to hit the brakes, the sound of the tires sliding down the asphalt while all of us were nudged forward. The sounds of other people’s horn trembled my ears. “George!” my mother yells, clearly pissed off at him.

He ignores her, as he gets out of the car and opens the door where I was lying down. As if I was a fucking feather, he pulls me out of the car. I'm terrified, was he finally gone mad and going to go all Van-Helsing on me? I begin to worry, my heartbeats going like crazy as he grabs me tightly in the middle of the road. “D-Dad?” I say, more nervous than anything, afraid to hit a nerve and make him throw me towards the street. Rather than anything aggressive, he pulls me in for a tight hug, I can feel his breathing in my shoulder as his strong hands tightly pulls me in for a hug.

“I suck with words and you know it,” he says to my ear, while tears roll down his cheeks. “I never passed my fucking English class in high school. But… I fucking love you son,” he says, pulling me tighter. I could feel his strong body against my pale thin one, as his hands grab me and pull me towards him. “I don’t give a fuck what you are. A slime, a wolf, I fucking love you and I just want you to know that.” I can hear him breathing over my shoulder, making me start to tear up, my hands grabbing his back as my tears wet his shirt.

And before I know it he pushes me softly, kissing me on the cheek before entering back into the car. I stand outside, not sure about what just happened, but feeling a warm sensation from my chest. I feel a sudden rush of happiness, as if I didn’t know I needed his love all along. Sniffling my tears, I sit down back in the car, finding a better position to actually sit down properly. “Fucking asshole! You scared the life out of me!” my mother says, hitting my father as tears swell up around her eyes. She grabs his head and pulls his beard for a kiss in his forehead. “Good boy,” she says before looking back at me, and busting out laughing.

My father does the same, his laugh stronger and more hoarse than my mother’s. The whole tension is off for a bit. I love being in here, I love my family even if they can be annoying at times. I couldn’t help but laugh myself, tears rolling down but with a whole different meaning. We were interrupted by a loud honk behind us, and some random ass dude yelling at us to move. My father changed gears, and soon we were off driving again. My dad puts his music back on, a weird combination of eighties pop music and heavy metal from the seventies. It gives a lot of variety to be honest. I stare at the window all throughout the drive, watching as the clouds and cars move by.

I start recognizing the streets, the buildings, and before I know it I'm in front of the main school’s door. I perhaps had fallen asleep during the ride, as I had some saliva dripping out of my mouth. “Van Helsing family! Please! We were waiting for you!” the principal says. I bet she doesn't know how tight her outfit is hugging her body, but for fuck's sake, woman, have some decency. There is a large humanoid man next to her, immediately from his skin tone and the way his jaw kind of just hangs down his body. I also think the fact that his skin is blue might give off the vibe that he isn’t human at all. His eye are dead brown, and his whole body language gave off those feelings.

My parents get out of the car first, my mom combing her hair while my dad fixes up his jacket. “Evening, Dorothy!” my father says as he opens the door for me. I assume it is because my legs and arms are still functioning as noodles, so I guess it’s fair. I hope my father doesn’t treat me differently after all of this. I try to stand up from the car, but it seems as if I wasted all of my energy during the morning issue with the monster part of town. The guy who has this zombie vibe is standing about with a wheelchair in his hands.

“Don’t worry, I bet you had a very busy day with what happened with Eric and all. This is Carl, the school’s nurse,” the principal says, patting the shoulder of the zombie-looking guy.

Something inside of me clicks, I know this guy talks differently but for some reason I can understand what he's saying. “Oh… Good day,” Carl says while lifting his hat and putting it back to his head. Both of my parents hold back a laugh, as they can only hear wobbles and tongue twisting sounds from his mouth. “Oh, they didn’t tell you. Some demis can understand one another, while humans can’t. I’m one of those weird cases.” He walks towards me and helps me out to stand up. “I’ll be taking you to the principal’s office, as I know how hard is it to suddenly become a demi. I might look stupid, but I’m actually making my community service on behalf of Harvard.” I sit down in the wheelchair; it's a bit too short for my size, but this would be so much better than dragging my body up the stairs.

“You've changed quite a lot, Eric. But we’ll leave all the discussions for upstairs, please. So shall we get going?” Carl begins pushing me towards the school. As much as I’d think he’ll be clumsy and at some level idiotic, he manages to be quite gentle and caring, pushing me down the halls with such ease. Everyone is thankfully in some class, so I don't have to worry into bumping into somebody on my way here. I remember, I need to give Erma back her clothes. I’d rather give them back here than go through that street all over again. The school surprisingly has a lot of different types of access for people with disabilities. There’s even a lift for people in wheelchairs or for people that can’t go up the stairs.

For the second time in less than a day, I pass towards the main office of the principal in this school. Expecting it to be empty, however, I was surprised seeing the same three vampires I saw yesterday standing here. The father didn’t even look at me, not sure if he was disgusted about what had happened to me, or just embarrassed by the whole situation. The mother was something else entirely. She practically rushed towards me as soon as I entered the room. “Are you okay? Did you got feed? How do you feel?” She spat at me, checking my temperature as her big red eyes look at mine. “I’m so sorry about this.” She said grabbing my head and pulling me for a hug. “I’ll try to help you in any way possible.”

“Ms. Stoker, please refrain from any contact with Eric until we establish the rules.” Dorothy said walking past all of us and sitting on her chair. “Helsing family, if you please?” She gestured at the other said of chairs arranged behind us. My parents sit down behind me, my father rubbing my shoulders before finally sitting down. “Stockers, if you may take a seat so we can do this as quick as possible?” The two vampires sit behind the fucking vampire that did all this to me. Dorothy pulls out a bunch of papers, as Carl leaves the office and closes the door behind him.

Vladimir slowly creeps his way towards me, his face turning towards mine. He was sweating like crazy, his hair all messed up as it appeared he didn’t get much sleep at all. “I-I’m s-so…” He began saying, until I flip my finger towards him. Well I tried, as it hanged down the chairs railway. I tried giving him the most disgusted face I have ever done in my life. He yelps, sitting up straight and looking back at the principal. I couldn’t help but to look down, I am just tired and want to take a giant fucking rest.

“Two things. First, I’m glad you’re transition is going alright Eric. I read the medical report and seeing that your transition is smooth and fast is a large weight off my shoulders. Not many people can survive a strong case of vampirism, as they tend to die the first night.” The principal turns towards Vladimir, with her hands making a triangle over her mouth. “How do you feel Vladimir? You did drank five liters of Eric’s blood, when you vampires usually drink around five hundred milliliters, and you straight up swallowed ten times that amount.” Vladimir looked away, grabbing his stomach and looking to the ground. “Thought so. There’s a reason you shouldn’t drink so much. You all now know why Eric not only ignored the vampirism cure, but as well became a woman?”

They all nod, even vlad who was slightly blushing. I simply look angrily at him, biting my lower lip and clenching my fist. “Great.” She said clapping. “We need to figure out two things. As you may know, the Stoker family are the only vampires family from your grade. And by law, new vampires, either by choice or accident, have to undergo some tutoring classes. There isn’t a vampire school anywhere around town, and we don’t offer those kinds of classes since it is expected to be taught by birth, and not by a little hungry accident.” She said the last bit while looking at Vladimir, before briefly removing her glasses and putting them on. “So, besides all the mumbo jumbo that I’ll have to talk with the Helsing family, that’s why I brought you three Stoker’s. I’m asking you if you could help Eric with his final transitioning steps. It’s a real important matter, because either you teach him how, or Eric would be send to an out of state school to teach him how to be one.”

I could hear the father sighing, rubbing his forehead and combing his hair. “We have to. Like, look what our soon already did to the child. What kind of people would we be if we forced a transition and just let her behind!” The mother said to the father making him sigh, stand up, and slam the door behind him. “Sorry for that… He agrees to help Eric, but he feels like he is committing some kind of vampire sin to help a Van-Helsing.” I look to the ground, feeling some tears swealling around my eyes as that last name will still haunt me, even if I’m part of them. “But… We’ll take care of helping her transition. Is the least we can do.” The principal handed the mother some papers to sign, and she quickly did, returning them.

“With that set, Eric is now registered at the Demi-Human Protection Program. You guys will weekly receive a blood package for Eric’s now new need for blood. Remember that Eric will now need to suffice upon a lot of human or animal meat, so I recommend a daily source of proteins with the little blood that comes with the packages. Remember that vampires have their own ways of going vegetarian, but we can talk about that later.” The principal said writing some things over in her computer, before turning it towards us with an official governmental website at the screen. “All of Eric’s records, papers, and information will now be changed, including all the details about his new transformation, and most importantly his change of gender. I just need a name and all of this will be done.”

I know she was addressing me, and I hated it. Everyone began looking my way, wondering if I will actually change my name so easily. I hated being the center of attention, my heart started beating faster than before, and I practically scratch the chair’s armrests. “Sussanne!” I blurted out, tired of so much attention. I grab the wheels and pull them towards the door, effectively leaving the office. When passing the door I directly meet the father’s eyes. He was smoking a cigar next to the opened window, sending all the smoke out of the window. I look away from him, and roll right next to the door.

“I’m not what you might think I am.” I blurted out with the tears rolling down my cheeks. “T-The only reason I-I’m a monster… Is because of your son!” I almost spat at him, before pushing myself down the hallway crying one more time.

To be continued....

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Strange Interesting Fun

terrynaut's picture

This story is strange but it's also interesting and fun. It's just different enough that I'll just have to keep reading it.

I like Eric's/Susanne's appearance the best. Blue is my favorite color and her hair sounds awesome.

Thanks and kudos (number 39 - triple 13!).

- Terry

Susanne

laika's picture

So much anger, fear and pain. Old wounds and new. I hope in time Susanne finds something good about her new life. And I wonder what the full moon's going to do to her. The vampire family seem like a pretty nice bunch. Interesting little world you've created here.
~hugs, Veronica