Gaby Book 14 ~ The Girl ~ Chapter *10* Bath Time

Printer-friendly version
gaby book 14 cover.jpg
 
 get the complete book here! {Or here (US)}
 
 
*Chapter 10*

Bath Time

 
 
The Asian riders were well confused now, this sort of thing clearly doesn’t happen very often here. Our pace dropped to match the remains of the bunch, Hagiwara was clearly fatigued after an almost race long effort, the American was looking a bit worn and I’ll admit to not being upset at the respite myself. We held our position through the finish area, the spectators apparently as confused as the riders.

It was after the turn onto the belly of the D before Mum indicated we should get past the lapped peloton. Getting around them was fairly easy but having taken the lap we didn’t need to race too hard, effectively there were only ten of us left in the race. The North American contingent might well give us a race for the line but our Japanese contingent didn’t look like they had much left in the tank at all.

Organisation had now gone out the window, anything Team Bianchi do in that regard will only assist the opposition. On the other hand they need to react to any attacking move we make, Tina was the first to go off the front putting in a hard pull for a hundred metres. Monique et al had to react or admit defeat and so it was, the rest of us sitting in comfortably behind.

Anja was next up pretty much as soon as Tina was reeled in, I reckon I could’ve made my effort stick but Erika took a flier before I could consolidate things. By now we’d returned to the finish straight where a more animated MC and crowd greeted us, I’m sure they were cheering for the local girl rather than us who was stubbornly still holding her place. Joel was dropping wheels, in fact only Monique looked like she had anything left.

I eased back to Mand, “When Mum comes back go on the blind side,” I whispered.
“Easy for you to say.”
“Just do it and go full gas,” I instructed.
“Yes, captain.”

Erika eased off allowing us to rejoin her through the turn but unlike the rest of us Mum didn’t take straight off instead sitting third wheel behind the rapidly tiring opposition. She finally had her go but it was clearly half hearted as she sat up quickly having barely made a gap, hmm, maybe she’s tired too. Everyone was watching the rainbow jersey, or each other so Mand actually had open tarmac before anyone spotted her.
 
 

Having clearly been the Bianchi weak link getting this far no one seemed too worried about an immediate chase. Mum gave me a look, my shrugged reply earnt a scowl but let’s face it, anything that distracts from the action is good. Mand was still going full gas as we went through the bell and rather than reeling our getaway in, the opposition started finessing.

The gap never got much above a hundred metres with Mand gamely giving her all, but now I could see her shoulders starting to roll and more than one rearward glance. Through the final turn and the Japanese girl finally made a break for freedom, Monique took the bait but with Tina and Mum trailing the move was going nowhere. The American was next to have a go but with less than half a K to go no one was going to give her any clear air.

Mand really was flagging now, Mum’s bound to jump soon and I won’t be able to ignore that. We were at two hundred before the inevitable, my mother stood on the pedals to start her effort, having been watching for her giveaway I was on her wheel. The crowd were at least quite vocal as we headed for the line, ahead of us Mand was giving her last, we were closing quickly though.

We had fifty metres left when Mum suddenly slowed, surprised I eased off myself, dropping enough pace that Mand crossed the line a length ahead of us. I hadn’t thought she’d make it, it was certainly close but the look on her face when I caught up to her was worth the gamble.
“I did it, I won!”
“That was the plan,” I observed.
“You could’ve told me.”
“But it might not have worked.”
“Good ride, Amanda,” Mum congratulated.
 
 
We got the 123, Monique grabbed fourth whilst Hagiwara trailed in last of our group, it probably wouldn’t go down too well that our weakest rider took the win. The TV crew wanted interviews, glad it was Mum and Mand not me trying to make sense of the garbled translation! Eventually the post race stuff was over and we headed back to our transport.

“Okay ladies, bath time!” George told us once we were out of our riding kit.
“Cool!”
“When are we eating?” Jules wanted to know.
“After, Vincenzo has booked a restaurant for afterwards.” George advised.
“What are we waiting for?” Mand enthused.
 
 
The drive through the early evening traffic of Kyoto took about twenty minutes; we pulled up outside an unprepossessing building with an entrance flanked with closely trimmed trees. Vincenzo led our party inside and sorted out our entry.

“The ristorante, it is booked for eight thirty, so relax, there is a no rush,” Mr Bianchi supplied, “enjoy!”

Funaoka Onsen is a traditional style bath house, not the hot springs you see in manga but more like a Roman bath with hot pools, cold plunges and so on. First though we have to get changed into our swimsuits and that involves a communal changing room, not something I’ve had to contend with up to now.

“What’s up, Gab, forget your suit?” Mand enquired when I hesitated at the entrance.
“No, I’m kitted up, it’s just like, well stripping off in public.”
“I never took you for shy, what do you do at school?”
“No sport, it’s not that I’m shy but it’s the ladies?”
“Well duh, we’d hardly use the men’s.”
“I used to,” I pointed out.
“Oops, I forgot.”
“Come on kiddo, I thought you were looking forward to this?”
“I was, but you know, Mum, stuff?”
“Let’s get inside, I’m sure they have somewhere for the more modest to change,” Mum proposed.
 
 
“Whoa, Gab!” Mand exclaimed.
“What?”
“There is just no way anyone would think you are a boy or ever were, I wish I looked that good in a bikini.”
I brought the white bikini, you know, the one I used at Remagen before the summer hols. It wasn’t even like I was the only one in a two piece, Erika was filling out a slightly fuller cut pink model and Jules was in a Goth black number. I’d finally got changed in a toilet cubicle, I might be female in body but in my head I’m still Drew, male of the species and a ladies changing room whilst a potential dream was an embarrassing place to be – I mean, who wants to see their mother naked?
 
 
“Hmm.” I allowed as the steam swirled about us.

The water was on the top end of comfortable and our party were only a part of the occupancy of the pool. For someone more used to showers, the total immersion thing is certainly different, the water lapping as occupants arrived or left the waters. I closed my eyes and sighed contentedly.

I could certainly get used to this, I suppose we could go to the spa in Bad Neunahr but it’s not the same, the pools of Funaoka have a certain, I dunno, atmosphere.
“Guys, it’s eight o’clock,” Tina advised.
Bum, time to finish up, hmm I wonder what we’re eating?

Of course you don’t go from the hot pool to the changing room, oh no, the only access is via the cold plunge pool.
“Come on, Gab, after three,” Jules instructed.
“What?”
“Jump in, dumbo,”
“Really?”
“It’s worse if you get in slowly,” Manda confirmed.
“Okay then, three!”
We leapt into the water with a huge splash, surfacing with a splutter.
“Um, Gab,” Jules giggled.
“Yeah?”
“You cold?”
“It is the cold pool,” I pointed out.
“Your nips certainly think its cold,” Mand added her own giggles to my sisters.
“And yours don’t?”
“Well I can’t see them.”
“See them…” my hands shot to my chest.
“Missing something, Gaby?” Erika asked from nearby, waving my bikini top.
Talk about embarrassed; I turned a shade brighter than Erika’s swimwear before retrieving my own.
 
 
“You have to admit, sis, it was well funny,” Jules insisted.
“For you maybe,” I huffed.
“Oh come on, Gab,” Mand put in, “it was a bit Carry On.”
“You didn’t have your chest exposed to all and sundry,” I pointed out.
“I bet you’re not as shy at the pool back home in front of Maxie?” my sister teased.
I felt everything colour up again.
“That’s different and I’m not topless there.”
“Gab, in that bikini you might as well be.” Mand stated.
That’s it; I’m not wearing a bikini ever again!
“Girls, come on, everyone’s waiting,” Mum chivvied.
 
 
The restaurant was only a short walk away, Kyo Tofu Fujino is a traditional restaurant and according to the English translation on the menu, a centre for regional and wider Japanese cuisine. Our host had pre-booked our meal so we didn’t have to puzzle through the menu for anything other than drinks.

“So we have three races and three winners, well done to you all,” Vincenzo told us, “Kanpai!”
“Kanpai!” we all returned raising our various glasses.

The set menu was impressive; a hot sour soup to start, slices of beef with Wasabi on rice, boy is that stuff hot! Next up was some noodle thing followed by a plate of Sushi that tasted suspiciously like mackerel. The whole lot was followed by plates of highly decorative sweet cakes, I’m sure the waitress called them Wagashi or something similar.

It was certainly a meal to remember although I’m not sure I’d want to eat this stuff all the time, I like my potatoes and pasta too much. I hate to think how much the meal cost, certainly individual meals wouldn’t give you much change from €30 each! It was ten thirty turned when our party departed Kyo Tofu for the walk back to the transport and the wrong side of eleven thirty when we made our way to our rooms back at the New Osaka.
 
 
Thursday, we are already over halfway through our trip and today is the last race day for Mand and myself down in Hiroshima. Hmm, we’ll have to ask about going back to Kyoto tomorrow, which would be so cool.

“Have you got everything packed, Gab?” my roommate queried.
“Almost, I’ll finish up after frühstuck.”
“Well I’m all done.”
“And?”
“And I’m hungry, come on.”
 
 
We joined Ken and his bus just turned nine to start our 333 kilometre, three and half hour drive to our westernmost destination. The weather looks a bit dodgy again and we’d barely made it to the motorway before the first drops of liquid sunshine hit the windows. By the time we were clear of the conurbation those spots were an incessant downpour, almost tropical in its intensity.

As you might guess you can’t see a great deal when it’s like that so I found myself dozing, face pressed against window.
“Gab, wake up,” Mand hissed.
“Wassup,” I blearily enquired.
“Your dad wants you.”
I pulled the hair off my face and leant forward to see what pater wants.
“Heya.”
“You’re awake, didn’t think you’d want to miss the castle.”
“Castle?”
“Himeji Castle, we’ll be going past in a few minutes.” He enthused.
A castle? Well I guess you have to support other family members’ hobbies.
“Oh right, I’ll tell Mand.”
 
 
“So what’s up?”
“Apparently there’s a castle coming up,” I supplied.
“Oh cool.”
“Not you too?”
“Well I’ve never seen a real Japanese castle.”
I guess when you put it like that it will be worth looking for.
 
 
A few minutes later I heard a gasp from the front of the bus, Dad having moved up there for his castle spotting. The rain had let up a while back and the sun was doing its best, when the castle came into view the effect was stunning. Forget the imposing stone walls and towers that decorate much of Europe, Himeji Castle is a confection of pagoda style rooves many stories high and covering a significant area.

Everyone was glued to the windows for the few minutes it was in view but it was soon behind us unlike the remaining two-hour plus drive. We lost the sun again but it did at least remain dry as we headed for Okayama and a promised coffee break. By the time we actually got to the service area I was regretting that fourth cup of coffee – I know but I was thirsty okay.

“Wait for me,” Mand called as I quick walked towards the facilities.
“Can’t stop!”
When I got into the cubicle I almost ripped my shorts down in my haste, cursing my choice of hose over socks this morning.
“Boy, I needed that.”
“I told you you’d regret that last cup,” Mand mentioned.
“We getting a caffeine hit here?”
“We’ve got time, your Dad said thirty minutes.”
“Where’s Jules, we need her language skills.”
“So I’m useful for something,” a disembodied voice stated from a closed stall.
“I’ll buy,” I offered.
“Done!”

Once we were all ship shape again the three of us went in search of coffee and snacks, after all we’re growing girls!

Maddy Bell 22.10.15

up
307 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That's the main problem

Jamie Lee's picture

Drew boy mind, Gaby girl body. Two sides of a coin Drew can't see, or refuses to see. Someone needs to sit down with Drew and point out the obvious to her without sugar coating anything. The obvious is clear, Drew is an unmistakable girl, not a boy. If she were a boy as she claims, why do people only see an attractive girl?

Others have feelings too.

Drew's Mental Condition

Drew has 15 years of mental conditioning/shaping as a boy, vs a few months as a girl. Of course he sees himself as a boy. Drew is not trans-disposed, its his body, as screwed up by doctors, that has betrayed him.

If this was a serious story, rather than a bit of a humor tale, Drew would actually have been FTM gender-disturbed person, given his male upbringing up to now. Not transgendered at all.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin