The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 22

Comments

I suppose that

Sammi's picture

if you are going to sling manure make SHAW there isn't something going to change its direction.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Way To Go Dawn

Great chapter as always, now seven days more and we can rejoice again.
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Good Grief !!!

The good guys are winning and the bad guys are getting their asses kicked. Wow. I had forgotten about Dawn's injury, and don't remember is she is on HRT yet. I don't think I had much breast development for over a year, but then after SRS they put me on Estrogen Patches and I had breasts within a few months. Vivelle Dot patches are like the best, totally. :)

It is going to be interesting to see where Dawn goes now. I can't imagine her whole career being a disk jockey. Oh, its OK if she doesn't get bored.

Nice Chapter.

Gwen

wow

what a week for Dawn, I simply cannot say to many good things about this wonderful Story.
I Think that Marty was a lil shocked at Dawn's Jewellery collection but at least know she has good stuff.
Shaw and his cronies really stepped into the deep and smelly stuff, can You say Fecal stream and no paddle as a way out.
LOved the way DAwn spoke to Tara , and the way She dealt with the idiotic girl. hmmmm I wonder if there's going to be more from that.
And Letting Blake know about the video She has of Lucas may well be very smart, I have a feeling he going to find out and try something on.
Hmmmm I wonder just what the treasury DEpt people are going to say and I guess there will be a visit from the Taxman.
and really loved the way they said to his face we know Your fake and we got the proof.
cannot wait to see what happens next.

Matt

While Shaw and his "church"

While Shaw and his "church" have done a lot of mean stuff that is also criminal, there's probably not much that will come of the lack of ordination, if Dawn's world works like our world. The US doesn't recognize any religion as more valid than another, for tax purposes. So, legally, there's no requirement for formal ordination, or specification of what authorities are valid sources of that. There's nothing to stop someone from self-ordaining, and starting a church. As long as it acts vaguely church like, it has a lot of latitude, for tax purposes.

You are sooooo wrong

BarbieLee's picture

There is very little latitude for a church and a pastor (any denomination, religion, faith, or creed) in the Gov system. For those who are NOT ordained by an established brick and mortar church, they can expect HELL rained down on the in the form of Gov Bureaucracy. Anyone who does marriages better be an Ordained Minister or a Justice of the Peace. And yes expect a nice visit to the cross bar motel if they aren't.

It is only a story with a lot of latitude. Snowfall can write it anyway his little heart desires. In real life, Shaw is headed to the Big House for a damn long time with only the evidence they already have on him.

If one would like confirmation on any of this PM me.
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Universal Life Church

TheCropredyKid's picture

...and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (yes, it's real, though satirical) offer mail-order ordinations that are perfectly acceptable for the purpose of performing marriages. (Several of my friends are either ULC ministers or have been married by same.)

In fact, my son-in-law is ordained for the ULC, which he did so he could perform his brother's marriage.

 
 
 
x

501c3

Churches don't automatically get tax exempt status, they have file for it with the IRS. I don't know if it is the 501c3 that charities get, possibly. The thing is if Shaw made false statements on his filing then the IRS and the Treasury Dept. (Treasury agents - Federal agents with badges, guns, and the like. Think FBI, Secret Service, etc.) are going to take a big interest in his operations. Remember, they took down Al Capone on Income Tax evasion.

I've had the pleasure of working with various types of Federal agents over the years. Trust me, you do not want to come up on their radar. What they do is all legal, but if you screwed up or tried to game the system you are in deep trouble. I'm currently on a notification list if a certain somebody ever gets out of prison. I assisted US Postal Inspectors in a bombing case, pre 9/11, post Okla. City bombing. You do not want to monkey with the Postal Service by mailing bombs, they take a very dim view of that. Like them, Treasury agents are not known for their sense of humor.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Nothing like bring in the FEDs

wolfjess7's picture

There are only two things scarrier then the Black Badge Deputy Marshals. The first is OICA. the next is something that EVEN Lyssa can't fight. The IRS.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Two guarantees in life: death

Two guarantees in life: death and taxes. You can escape death but you can't escape taxes ;)

Hmm, I wonder if that's the real reason why she is always on RamRock Island? :P

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

I Love Princess!

As always a great story. I love how the good guys give the bad guys enough rope to hand themselves.

Boys will be girls... if they're lucky!

Jennifer Sue

Dawn rocks!

gillian1968's picture

I look forward to this story each week and you never disappoint with the results!

Apparently Marty has good taste in jewelry!

It's good that Dawn is developing friends in her ordinary life.

I think that can be harder than dealing with the "out there" crazies like Shaw and Lucas Nelson.

Gillian Cairns

That went as well as it could have

Beoca's picture

So far, so good for Dawn and the station. Not sure it could have gotten much worse for Shaw and the idiots at school. She outed herself cleanly, and I suspect that it was no accident that the intercom remained on through that conversation.

As has been said so many

As has been said so many times before, "I love it when a plan comes together".
Mr. Shaw is only going to wish he was somewhere else instead of the interrogation room he currently is in; because I foresee a very long stretch in the "big House" coming soon to a worm such as him. That worm's name tag says "SHAW" or it could contain a whole lot of numbers.
This is a story that definitely needs continuation, and I am really happy that Dawn's background story is working in her favor as well now being told throughout the school in a good light for her. This should help her to be completely accepted by the majority of the students.

Love your stories!

I Am very sorry not to comment much. I very much love to read your story!
As Japanese, I like the character Ren, and love of anime and Japanese culture and music!
Thank you for writing!

Saeka

It looks like Dawn......

D. Eden's picture

Has a lot of support - but there will always be the ignorant bigots who feel they have the right to force their beliefs of the rest of the population.

One can only wonder how long it will be before it becomes necessary to fight fire with fire.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Wonderful

sugar_britches63's picture

This truly was a wonderful chapter. I loved the fact that Dawn got to surprise Blake about the pesky video of the reporter Lucas. I only hope that when it does get used, it not only convicts him of that crime but adds a count of assault upon an officer of the law. Thank heaven for Ryan and his bugs. I also think that having Jack Collins and Ren on her side will serve well in the future. The fact that the announce speaker was on during Rachels suspension, it should serve as a preemptive strike against others in the school doing similar things towards Dawn.
Overall I would give this chapter a 10 out of 5 stars. Brava to you Snowfall for a lovely continuation.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Late Nite Princess on Air

BarbieLee's picture

The story felt more intimate, more touchy feelie with Dawn's on air signature every night. It certainly doesn't add a whole lot of length to the story while adding depth. You could copy and paste from previous chapters her on air warm up thus keeping the emotional connection to your main actress for your readers. The easy banter between her, Brett, and Lyle going out on the air brought a, this is a woman who may be a Princess but she's approachable.

Life has changed for you since you started this story and it is affecting how you handle your actors and actresses. Still excellent story telling but the emotional characteristics of the story has changed dramatically.
It has nothing to do with dealing with Shaw and gang. It has everything to do with one's own emotional state when they write.

Don't take anything I may post to heart. I've been called everything but human for some of the comments I have made to writers. They were probably right.
I wish you happiness for then everything else will fall into place
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

The Treasury Department?

Cruel and inhuman punishment! I'm not sure that even Mister Shaw deserves that.

Not horrible enough

Make sure he gets show tunes piped into his jail cell 24/7.

And make sure they are all Ethel Merman versions!

Music to his jail cell?

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family...

ooh they could

make it even worse how about all the them tunes to those cheesy and really silly Sit coms, the really irritating ones that get stuck inside your head.
There again I suspect 1 week of those and it a fitted white jacket that straps and the rear and a lovely foam cover room with no furniture would be the future accomadations
Matt

Sorry to say.....

wolfjess7's picture

that our Consitution forbids such punishments as being inhuman. Why to do play that type of music 24/7 in a locked cell is concidered to be a Crime Aganst Humanity.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

YEAH!!!

Sock it to the frauds! Get those worthless fools out of the stations hair. Btw, love this serial.

Jerrie

scary things

mountaindrake's picture

full marshals black badge true dragons (yes they exist and are human) make revenuers an all of the OICA orgs. look like preschoolers believe me been there done that it hurts

Have a good day and enjoy life.

Brillant excellent great you

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpgBrillant excellent great you are ten out of ten love this story .Love your writing .My dear Happy New Year.Keep up the excellent lovely work.

I was not expecting a part till after the New Year!

That was to avoid disappointment.
But you have maintained your schedule, and on New Year's Eve, and a part which moves the story on too. Great. Please keep on going,
Best wishes
Dave

Hoping Shaw Get's....

jengrl's picture

barbecued to well done along with all his minions by the time the DA and the Feds get done with him. I would say that Belinda is going to sing like a canary when she realizes she's going to get some serious time behind bars . Like the old saying goes, there's no honor among theives ! Looking forward to what happens in the next episode!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Charlie Peterson

sugar_britches63's picture

Lady Snowfall must like the name as his name appears not only here but in Frills. Thankfully they are not related or the same person, things could get messy.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

"And Stuff"

I've been rereading SEE, started with the first chapter 'cause I know there are things I missed the first time. Only have 11 chapters of the main story left. So what does that have to do with this story, you ask. Well, Garia has her patented catch phrase when people aask her questions. "Yes and no." I realized last night that in my head I was reading that as "Yes and no and stuff".

Just a little lol, ya know? ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Great Continuing Character Development

joannebarbarella's picture

The background guys, like Ren and Jack Collins are also real people. Even Rachel Gallen comes over as real. There are such bigots around.

Dawn will probably have to face more of the same.

Lucas Nelson needs to get his come-uppance.

Brain trust of small minds

Jamie Lee's picture

Boy, when stupid is stupid, it's really stupid. Shaw's people would be voted least likely to become mastermind criminals, as ignorant as they were that others were on to them trying something.

And if you go into any story, you have to know security cameras are being used to catch any illegal activities. Regina really put a crimp in Shaw's plan by getting caught red handed trying to frame another person.

It's just like any kid at school to go off on someone without knowing the whole story, or caring about the whole story. Rachel made a big mistake voicing her intolerance toward Dawn. She also made the mistake of continuing when told to stop. This girl has a serious problem that will affect her life if she doesn't get some help. It will also hinder her prospects at getting, and holding, a job. Maybe an intimate talk with Dawn, as Dawn suggested, would get the point across the fastest? It would, however, lower Dawn to her level.

What TV station would continue to employee a reporter whose only activity is to chase drug users and hookers? Seems they should be keeping an eye on this type of employee, as Blake just said to Dawn. Will Lucas somehow find out about the video Dawn has? Will he then go after Dawn to silencer? Lucas doesn't care about anyone but himself, so he won't have looked into all the people looking out for Dawn. And he won't know about Marty's reputation. But his ignorance would help someone take out the garbage.

The coyote has Shaw's rabbits cornered, and they're frightened. Shaw acting like he doesn't know what's going on won't wash this time, because those rabbits will sing like canaries. And after the IRS gets through with him, his new clothing may be an orange jump suit.

Others have feelings too.

TV reporter's continued employment

The TV station will continue to employ him for as long as he has plenty of viewers. His character means nothing to them. In fact, if controversy increases his viewership, so much the better. Expect them to drop him like a hot potato just as soon as his actions might cost them viewers, though.