It Wasn't A Mistake - 11, It is Done

Printer-friendly version
IWAM_11
IWAM_A_500.jpg

It Wasn't a Mistake
by Tiffany B. Quinn

How bad can things get? In his darkest hour, Jerry finds out that his life has been one big character test... And he passed!

It's been a year since the accident and the changes are complete.

Chapter Eleven: It is Done

It is 5:00 am and I am sitting, alone, on the top of a local mountain watching the summer sunrise. Much like last year, I have felt a strong prompting to be here. It is almost feels like a summons.

Today is also the anniversary of my visitation and accident.

I have only lost a pound and a quarter inch in height during the last month--all of that in the first week. There has been no change in weight or height for three weeks. My fever and achiness have totally disappeared. According to height and weight charts, I am the average weight of an eleven year old girl and the average height of twelve and a half year old girl. We’ll just call me a skinny and tall twelve year old. As the rate of regression has just about stopped, I also seem to have finished my physical changes.

I also had my first period just in the past week. That plus the fact that my breasts are showing signs of early development have solidified my status as a girl and indicates that I am starting to move forward instead of regressing.

As the sun rises I hug my knees to my chest and recall all the events of the past year.

The accident was quite a shock but that was balanced by the resolution of all the problems which had been piling up. The aftermath has been nothing short of miraculous.

As promised by the angel, all my burdens, apparently including my gender challenges, have been resolved. Aileen and I have both been cleared of false charges. I am also a completely formed girl—there are no physical traces that I was ever male. The only thing that shows that I am anything but a twelve year old girl is my birth date.

I have a steady income for life (given that I am, physically, almost 50 years younger than last this time year, this is a sore spot for the retirement folks). Being debt free with substantial assets and a guaranteed income is something that few twelve year old girls can lay claim to. I am also making money from my web business, so there is no real financial worry for the future short of a general societal collapse.

Samantha has changed almost as much. She has reevaluated her life and found that she needs to be broader in her thinking and she is starting to realize that the world does not revolve around her. She has become less judgmental and has started to find fulfillment in responsibility. She came home late one evening a few weeks ago sporting a huge diamond engagement ring. She accepted Jack’s proposal of marriage but is scared of the huge change this will be in her life. In spite of her best intentions, she has fallen deeply in love with him. Hopefully this love will carry her through the changes she needs to go through. I firmly think that her visit with her deceased mother and the months of “taking care” of me have helped her to see the need for change.

My new peers have pretty much accepted me as one of them. In fact, several of the girls have been pressing me to join them in school when it starts up again in the fall. I am tempted to do it, just so that I can have that same teenage social experiences as the rest of the girls. I do find, however, that my life experiences cause me to be much more cautious about certian things than what these girls are. The start of budding breasts and the advent of my period have pretty much convinced all the girls that I am one of them. The boys still keep their distance, however.

It has been a momentous year and I am content.

“Hello Jeri,” a very familiar voice catches my attention.

I look up to see Aileen and a very handsome man coming my way. A closer look convinces me that this is the same guy who appeared to me last year. A strong sense of déjà vu hits me as I am aware that I am living a form of my dream of so many years ago.

“Hello Aileen.” I respond. “It is wonderful to see you again. I have missed you more than you can know!”

She smiles at me. “As you saw in a dream many years ago, our marriage was not to last. It was intended to prepare each of us for greater things. I want to thank you for preparing me to be the kind of person worthy of this great man.” She looks at her companion with love in her eyes has he hugs her close.

“You have always had the spirit of a woman and God made you a man on purpose. The purpose will become apparent as you progress through the rest of your life. You did an admirable job being what you were not. You have been true and faithful and are now rewarded with the opportunity to live your life as a woman but with an understanding that no man or woman has ever had. Your faith has made you whole. Your experiences have made you a much better person that you would have been had you been born female originally and has given you unique skills to do the Lord’s work that lies before you.”

“I am happy for you, Aileen.” I tell her sincerely. “I hope that we can still be the best of friends.”

“I believe that we will be,” she smiles back at me.

“I have been sent to tell you that your Heavenly Father is very pleased with you.

"He has much for you to do in the coming years. You have already greatly blessed the life of our wayward daughter. She will come around and become a great woman. You are to do much more that is good in the world.

“You are also in a position to provide guidance to your new peers. They will need it in the coming years if they are to fulfill their destinies. Stay close to them and be patient. One of your missions in life will be to nurture those around you in a way that will help them find God’s love and bring peace to their lives.

“You should also know that the physical changes you have been experiencing in the past year are complete. You are now a complete daughter of your Heavenly Father. You have much to learn and much to give. You have an exciting life ahead of you.”

“Thank you, Aileen.” I earnestly reply. “I love you and you have been my best friend. I just hope that I can find again what we had together and what you so obviously have now.”

“Oh, you will,” she smiles. “There is a boy out there for you. You will know when you find him. I have seen some of your future and I think that you will be quite happy with him. In the mean time, be patient and learn all that you can about being a woman worthy of a great companion.”

“Wonderful!” I give a joyous squeal. “Who is he?”

Aileen laughs, “That would be too easy and deprive you the fun of the search! Stay close to God and you will not miss your future husband when he comes along.

“That is all for now, Jeri” she tells me. “Have a great life and I’ll be here when it is time for you to return home. We will be the best of girl friends.”

“Please stay for a while longer” I plead, “there is so much I would like to know.”

She just smiles at me and takes the hand of her new man then fades from view.

I am left with a great sense of peace. It’s a relief to know that my prior life was not a mistake and that I had completed that part well.

I am so looking forward to my new life. I can hardly wait to see what is in store.

The End

up
243 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Awwww

Sad to see the story coming to an end. She will have an interesting life that's for sure, she knows way more than a 12 year old, and people will underestimate her for the rest of her life lol. May you live in interesting times, indeed!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! =]

Sara

Bravo

A lovely and touching tale. Any hope of sequel. Pretty please.

New life

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting what you want and a new life is a very unique experience. Sixty years of experiences make Jeri a very unique 11 or 12 year old girl. It also makes her a great go to person for help, guidance, and information.

Aileen told Jeri she will be a good influence on others, as she's already had with Samantha. Guidance from a young teen will be met with either awe or skepticism. Because of her current age, Jeri will need every bit of patience when she is called on to guide someone who doubts her words of wisdom.

This story provides a very good background to Jeri's current situation. But there's more of this story which needs told. Does she start going to school? How does her situation affect her school life? How does it affect her life outside school? Who needs her help, and how does she help? When does she discover the boy Aileen spoke of? Does Samantha have children? If so how many? Does she continue to take responsibility for Jeri?

A lot of questions which could be answered in the further new life of Jeri.

Others have feelings too.

Quite Enjoyable

littlerocksilver's picture

Really, quite open ended. I had not read any of the story until today, but went back to the beginning. Your imaginary world isn't much different than mine. A very sweet story with many unanswered questions.

Portia

Bravo!

I can definitely see more stories about Jeri in the future, but this was a perfect place to end THIS story about Jeri. And what a story it was!

Abigail Drew.

Thank you

erin's picture

A lovely and unusual tale. Thank you, Tiff.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.